Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,757x in 636 posts
Would anyone be interested in this potential quickstart? Either playing it, or helping create it?

I have always been dismayed at the lack of quickstarts that are shared in our great community. Yet, I haven't really contributed a solution by contributing any of my own either, although in the last couple versions I haven't really created any lasting solo leagues or played much solo, period.

Anyway, I have an idea for a league that I have wanted to create for at least a couple versions, but have never really gotten around to doing so, as it would be a bit of an undertaking and I'm always fearful of things not working out as planned. And, as mentioned, I haven't played a ton of solo recently, focusing more on online.

So my idea is to have four separate 10-team leagues, all joined by league association.

So the four leagues would be as follows:

League based in North America. 10 teams. (top prestige, top player talent)

League based in Caribbean area. 10 teams. (Cuba, Dominican, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, etc. Slightly lower prestige, slightly lower player talent)

League based in Asia. 10 teams (Japan, Taiwan, Korea, etc. Slightly lower prestige than U.S., slightly lower player talent)

League based in Europe. 10 teams. Lowest prestige of the four, lowest player talent of the four.

144 game schedule (play each other team 16 times)

3 teams make playoffs in each 10-team league.
2nd versus 3rd play each other in a 1 game playoff.
Winner plays 1st place winner in a Best of 7.
Both the league finalists go on to association championships (8 total teams)
Teams seeded by winning percentage.
1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th, 3rd plays 6th, 4th plays 5th.
First round best of 5, Second Round best of 7, third round best of 7 to figure out the overall world championship.

I also want to make use of regions and foreigner limits. Iím thinking maybe only allowing a team to have only five players from outside their region, and there will also be separate draft pools. There would be some intermingling of players through free agency, trades, etc, but every league would have a defined identity and feeling to it.

I like this setup as while it's a big world overall (40 teams), the league you play mostly against, is a smaller league, which helps with immersion.

I would like a smaller draft, 5 to 10 rounds. Each individual league having their own draft, so quality of player and type of player can be modified (so, the American teams will be drafting largely Americans, Asian teams drafting largely from within their region, etc).

Iíd like American draft talent to be top, Caribbean to be slightly lower, but equal to Asian, and then European draft talent the worst of all.

Optimally Iíd like to not use feeders so as to not bloat the size of the game world too much, but Iím not sure if itís possible to do it that way and if itís possible to adjust various PCMs for the different drafts if thereís no feeders. Something to look into.

I also want to create a 6-team independent Australian league and a 6-team independent Canadian league.

The idea behind these is for them to be a place where the absolute cream of the crop might be able to be decent players in one of the four main leagues, but mainly it's a lower calibre league. Also, it's a place where aging stars losing talent in the four main leagues can go to extend their careers. These would have the lowest prestige of all six leagues in the universe.

I also would like a world without tons of minor league teams per each team as well .. I have toyed with the idea of having only one minor league team per level (seeing it as kind of an NHL/AHL type thing.. ship players up and down) .. but I don't know how exactly that would work to develop players and I don't know which level would be best to pick.

I have also considered having an age limit on the minor league, so 18 to 24 perhaps, but again, not sure how that would work.

I might do it with two minor league teams each, A and AAA ... I know that would probably work out OK.

That's the basic premise of my vision.

So, I'm wondering 1) if there is any interest in playing a league such as this if I did end up making a quickstart?

2) If anyone has ever made anything similar?

And 3) Is there anyone out there who might like to help in the creation of this quickstart? Either by brainstorming ideas/troubleshooting problems, gathering schedules and team logos/jerseys, creating logos, etc.

I'm not 100 per cent sure if I will go through on making this, but I am curious to hear some community feedback.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote