Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Thanked 145x in 65 posts
FaceGen Question

Should I be seeing the loaded FaceGens for all MLB players like last year's version? I don't see them when I start the quick start or current MLB season. I don't think this is a bug. Could be me just being dumb.
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,030x in 1,859 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
Should I be seeing the loaded FaceGens for all MLB players like last year's version? I don't see them when I start the quick start or current MLB season. I don't think this is a bug. Could be me just being dumb.
Not being dumb. Maybe you haven't used add-ons central to get them into OOTP18 yet, or you haven't copy/pasted the folder over from 17. There should be some new ones that debuted after 17 was released so probably best to go the add-ons central route.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Thanked 145x in 65 posts
Are you referring to the real photos or the cool looking ones that are cartoonish?

I'm referring to the cartoonish ones
Old 03-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,174x in 750 posts
they should appear as an option in game set-up. Or go to the box GAME and click on game settings. Under Players & Facegens (on right side) there are a number of check boxes and drop down menus. Maybe one of them isn't checked - maybe Create Player Pictures being "On demand." try changing it (if applicable) to upon creation. Hope this helps.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,739x in 4,396 posts
Quote:
They should be there and be loading by default.

If not then mitchkenn's suggestion above is a good one.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you referring to the real photos or the cool looking ones that are cartoonish?

I'm referring to the cartoonish ones
I'm referring to the cartoonish ones as well. In your OOTP Baseball 18 folder which loaded into your Documents folder if using Windows (not sure where it loads with Mac and Linux), there should be a folder called fg_files. Check to make sure you've loaded it properly with all that FaceGen goodness. If it's empty, you're not going to get the images. They are not automatically included. You have to load it through add ons central in game (easiest and most up to date option), or copy/paste the folder over from OOTP Baseball 17 into OOTP Baseball 18 (probably easier, but definitely not as up to date). Then you have to have the proper boxes checked on the Game Settings > Players & FaceGen page. Those boxes are "Load player pictures automatically" and "Load PhotoFit (FaceGen) files automatically". Whether you want to enable away uniforms or baseball cards is up to you, but those two boxes must be checked in order for the images to show up in your game in addition (of course) to you having a fg_files folder full of images to load. The absolute first step is making sure your fg_files folder is loaded.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I'm referring to the cartoonish ones as well. In your OOTP Baseball 18 folder which loaded into your Documents folder if using Windows (not sure where it loads with Mac and Linux), there should be a folder called fg_files. Check to make sure you've loaded it properly with all that FaceGen goodness. If it's empty, you're not going to get the images. They are not automatically included.
They are automatically included though. We've included something like 1000+ real faces of MLBPA guys with the game, and they should be showing up by default!

Obviously you can get more faces with mods, but if none of them are showing up when the game starts, the op may have another issue going on.

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
They are automatically included though. We've included something like 1000+ real faces of MLBPA guys with the game, and they should be showing up by default!

Obviously you can get more faces with mods, but if none of them are showing up when the game starts, the op may have another issue going on.
Oops. Sorry.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Oops. Sorry.
No worries

Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
Tony79
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 25 posts
Quote:
They should be there and be loading by default.

If not then mitchkenn's suggestion above is a good one.
Do we get managers facegens?
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #11
jmuelly
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 11x in 5 posts
Im confused by this as well. I have my folder of FG files from last year and it looks the game already comes packed with FG files. If I copy my folder from last year it's probably best to not overwrite ones that already exist as they may be newer? I'm really uncertain
jmuelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
Do we get managers facegens?
Theoretically yes.

Practically all that're included are Joe Maddon and Bruce Bochy because some idiot who shall remain nameless but who strangely enough has the same name as me completely forgot to make the managers faces

We'll see about getting them included by the official release, or if not then soon afterwards!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuelly View Post
Im confused by this as well. I have my folder of FG files from last year and it looks the game already comes packed with FG files. If I copy my folder from last year it's probably best to not overwrite ones that already exist as they may be newer? I'm really uncertain
Yeah, the ones we include are probably higher quality then you'll get from mods so I wouldn't overwrite them.

You could just copy the contents of your OOTP17 folder and just be sure not to overwrite anything when the system asks if you want to do so.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #14
Tony79
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 25 posts
If i use the face mod does that overwrite the ones that come with the game by default?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #15
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Thanked 145x in 65 posts
Quote:
I'm referring to the cartoonish ones as well. In your OOTP Baseball 18 folder which loaded into your Documents folder if using Windows (not sure where it loads with Mac and Linux), there should be a folder called fg_files. Check to make sure you've loaded it properly with all that FaceGen goodness. If it's empty, you're not going to get the images. They are not automatically included. You have to load it through add ons central in game (easiest and most up to date option), or copy/paste the folder over from OOTP Baseball 17 into OOTP Baseball 18 (probably easier, but definitely not as up to date). Then you have to have the proper boxes checked on the Game Settings > Players & FaceGen page. Those boxes are "Load player pictures automatically" and "Load PhotoFit (FaceGen) files automatically". Whether you want to enable away uniforms or baseball cards is up to you, but those two boxes must be checked in order for the images to show up in your game in addition (of course) to you having a fg_files folder full of images to load. The absolute first step is making sure your fg_files folder is loaded.
This actually worked. I didn't have "Load Photofit files automatically" checked.

Thanks everyone for the responses.
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
If i use the face mod does that overwrite the ones that come with the game by default?
Probably. You can always just copy the ones that come with the game to another folder and then copy them back over the faces from the mod once the mod is installed.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #17
jmuelly
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 11x in 5 posts
Quote:
Yeah, the ones we include are probably higher quality then you'll get from mods so I wouldn't overwrite them.

You could just copy the contents of your OOTP17 folder and just be sure not to overwrite anything when the system asks if you want to do so.
Would you suggest adding the 2016 all in one mod in as well? Really only interested in an MLB league. It appears most minor league teams get put in by default, just need faces. Sorry if I am a complete noob. I only bought a PC last year for OOTP, and remain the sole reason for owning.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #18
Tony79
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 25 posts
Quote:
Probably. You can always just copy the ones that come with the game to another folder and then copy them back over the faces from the mod once the mod is installed.
Erm, what if you already done it?

Just uninstall and reinstall i guess.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Erm, what if you already done it?

Just uninstall and reinstall i guess.
Yeah, that'd work

Old 03-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #20
jmuelly
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 11x in 5 posts
Will players who populate in my league as I play on get random face gens as well?