Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Unhappy Latest Perfect Team Patches ,,,,Making my game unplayable

Im on Steam and have Windows 10

I played over 500 hours without any problems.

Now with these latest perfect team updates,,,the game shuts down by itself while playing. No error message , no warning , doesn't save ,,,,just freezes a second then completely shuts down.

Can you tell me how to remove these updates on Steam or make another patch to fix the problem.

I always supported your games ….Please find a Fix soon...…..

Last edited by TonyF8996; 11-25-2018 at 07:57 AM.
TonyF8996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,768x in 4,411 posts
I'd guess this is probably not directly patch related, more likely related to something else going wrong and it just coincidentally happening after the patch.

If it is patch related, we'll still need more info to get it fixed.

Either way, we'll try to get things sorted out for you.

When you say the game shuts down while playing, do you mean that happens while you're playing out games in 3d, or does this also happen while simming/browsing your league?

What I'll need from you to help figure this out is what i'd asked for in one of the other threads where you posted, and no one's gotten back to me on yet, would be a trace file from your game after the crashing happens.

To generate that, do the following:

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information.

Also, it would be helpful to have answers to the following questions from you:

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
What video card type and model do you have?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ok I will use tracemode

im on Steam, PC,,windows 10 and have played over 500 hours without any little issue (most played game)

I formatted my computer reinstalled everything,,after it started doing that,,,,all up to date,,but its not the computer

I have a laptop also ,, did the same thing on both pcs.

Yea ,it never did it when im simulating or just browsing stats ,,its when im in a game playing 3D mode,, doesn't do it every game ,,some im able to finish.

everythngs works fine , very smooth,,,then

screen freezes a second ,,then completely shuts down.

I have a friend also doing the same thing and all started after the perfect team updates.

Is there a way to remove those updates on Steam ?????

Anyway thanks for replying,,, will do a tracemode and get info to you.

Last edited by TonyF8996; 11-26-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
ArcAngel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 340x in 247 posts
FWIW, I am on the Steam PC edition also, and am on 19.9.117, and have experienced ZERO issues with OOTP shutting down on it's own.

The fact that you state it occurs while you are in 3D mode leads me to believe that it could be graphics card related, or perhaps CPU related.

Then again, it could be a recent Windows 10 update that is the culprit, which I think is most likely as I have heard MANY "horror stories" of 10 updates messing things up.

Just some ideas to bandy about.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,768x in 4,411 posts
The thing is, the changes in the PT patches should not have affected in-game play at all.

So the most recent patches are really unlikely to be the problem here. Maybe a couple patches ago, when we did some stuff for the regular game, but even there, really hard to see what could be in the patch to cause something like this. So I suspect there's likely a different cause, driver conflict or something like that.

On Steam unfortunately it's not possible to revert to older versions of the game. You can do that on the Standalone, but Steam doesn't provide that functionality.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
WIUPIKE
All Star Reserve

Thanked 248x in 177 posts
Is there a specific date where the crash to desktop has occurred?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
What windows are you using,,, have you played many games lately.

I formatted the whole computer at first,, reinstalled everything,,,,,figured it will solve the problem,,, but still did same thing

Don't get it ,,,Games run so smooth and well,,,,,doesn't do it every game . Last time I played 3 days ago ,,,it did it 2 games in a row, then I stopped.

My friend has the exact same issue Started same day as the first Perfect Team updates. ,,,,,every other game works great ,, even OOTP18 and OOTP17 ,,even the FHM

im gonna try it tonight,,,,,gonna use classic 3D see if it will do it.

Last edited by TonyF8996; 11-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #8
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I Just uninstalled all the Windows 10 updates,,,That came out around the same time as the perfect team updates did.

I hope it fixes the problem.

Ill keep you informed