Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thanked 3,227x in 1,896 posts
Spritze DB's for OOTP 11,12,13

Just posted a new version of The Spritze HS database for OOTP13. Added the full minor league record of about 400 players who topped out in the PCL 1903-1957. Only 2600 more to go!

The 400 I've done so far has proved to my satisfaction that the PCL really was a third major league with its own set of minor league affiliates. Very few of these players ever appeared east of the Mississippi. Most played Texas and west of there.

File is in the usual place. PM me if anyone needs a link, username or password.
ErikPulk (08-26-2012), golander40 (08-19-2012), jallan7982 (04-18-2013), jaysdailydose (03-05-2013), Jeff1787 (02-18-2013), Kobeck (10-03-2012), Marberi (09-06-2012), outrider64 (08-26-2012), SFG831 (10-02-2012), Steve Sax Syndrome (09-06-2012), The Game (08-19-2012), txranger (08-19-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Silverbullet
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Db ootp 13

I would like the link to above DB and download instructions.
Thank You
Richard (Silverbullet)
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I would like the link to above DB and download instructions.
Thank You
Richard (Silverbullet)
You must send me a PM for the linkage.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
preeths
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Just registered for the board, but I don't appear to have the ability to send a PM yet. Would love to get The Spritze HS database for OOTP13.
preeths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The raw minor league record portion of the Spritze databases are available to anyone who wishes to use the data. Microsoft Access is required.

It is in the usual place.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Steve Sax Syndrome
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 136x in 81 posts
This is well done. Great work Spritze.
Steve Sax Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Kudo's to me!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
plannine
All Star Reserve

Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Kudo's to me!
Give your self a pat on the back too.........

(I have not been able to get to the "secret" site to get the latest and greatest.... it's telling me "The server at zzz.xxxxxxxxxxx.com is taking too long to respond".)

Last edited by plannine; 09-15-2012 at 07:18 PM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
tspmi888
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Just posted a new version of The Spritze HS database for OOTP13. Added the full minor league record of about 400 players who topped out in the PCL 1903-1957. Only 2600 more to go!

The 400 I've done so far has proved to my satisfaction that the PCL really was a third major league with its own set of minor league affiliates. Very few of these players ever appeared east of the Mississippi. Most played Texas and west of there.

spritze

just became a member and dont have have pm.. now using ootp 13.5 for mac.. any help re updated DB?
tspmi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #10
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Looking to start an online historical league and could use the database as well, but alas no PM function for us rookies. Any help could be greatly appreciated.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I sended both you non-PMers a PM so you'd see that you do have a PM as PM's come with signing on via OOTP board usery namingness.

Now you could both be missing bm's but that'll be way to personal to mention here. I'm not mentioning Chocolatey Ex-Lax no matter how hard you try and make me.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
James2
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Just tried out the new database everything is great but I'm noticing a problem with mine. When I go to the Yankees Roster Lou Gehrig is being displayed as Bronx County "" Lou. I'm not sure if this a glitch on my end but I really want to be able to fix this. any ideas?
James2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
SFG831
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:

Hey Spritze, don't suppose you can send me the link as well? Been a big fan of your DBs for several years but never posted on the forums before so I do not have permissions to PM. Thanks!
SFG831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2 View Post
Just tried out the new database everything is great but I'm noticing a problem with mine. When I go to the Yankees Roster Lou Gehrig is being displayed as Bronx County "" Lou. I'm not sure if this a glitch on my end but I really want to be able to fix this. any ideas?
It means there is a comma in the nickname field. You may be using an older version. The current one for OOTP13 has no commas.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
First off, I love the detail that goes into this, it really helps with the immersion factor.

That being said, two quick things that I can't wrap my head around.

My intention of using the database was to start an online league in 1986. I imported the complete history, and what it does is imports the minor league history as well....but the minor league stats count towards the MLB leaderboards. For instance, Hank Aaron has 774 career HRs, Pete Rose had 4400+ hits etc.

Is there something I can do to make the leaderboards accurate?

Secondly, with the drafts, every player comes in at roughly 18 years old, that's fine, I understand that, however they are nearly finished products. Is there anyway, to automatically nerf their ratings so they spend at least a couple years in the minor leagues, or would I have to do it all by hand? I don't want a league full of studly 18-19 year olds as that would kill any sort of prospect or minor league system.

I apologize if your database wasn't meant to be used this way, or if I'm missing something so obvious, but I thought I had a pretty good grasp of this game.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The db is de-studded 1871-1900 and 1940-1974. The 1980's have not been done yet. It takes about 1 hour to enter each players minor league stats and fill in the missing info so I only get 1 or 2 players done in a day.

OOTP imports the minor league stat equivalences as major league stats just because that is how OOTP works. That is why I have to make MLE's rather than just use the raw minor league stats.

To de-stud the unfinished years it works best to recalc on a single year rather than the more normal three generally speaking. But it depends a lot on how young a player studded out IRL. Ken Griffey Jr. will stud no matter what you do.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #17
bronco6710
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 7x in 3 posts
Hello, for anyone out there with experience using this DB, this is the first time I've tried the SpritzeHS DB which looks awesome, I just have a couple quick q's to help me set it up right:

1. Does it make a difference if I start a league and import basing current ratings off of "real stats" v. "neutralized stats"? I tried importing using "real stats" and noticed that it made some of the minor-league lifers into stars.

2. I'm having trouble getting defensive ratings to import properly, with most players rated 0 or 1 overall at their positions. I've tried importing using "Entire Career" and "3-Year Period" for defensive stats.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

PS The year I'm importing is 1933

Last edited by bronco6710; 10-10-2012 at 04:34 AM.
bronco6710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #18
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco6710 View Post
1. Does it make a difference if I start a league and import basing current ratings off of "real stats" v. "neutralized stats"? I tried importing using "real stats" and noticed that it made some of the minor-league lifers into stars.
Real stats are actually Real Majors and Neutralized Minors. That is the one I like to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco6710 View Post
2. I'm having trouble getting defensive ratings to import properly, with most players rated 0 or 1 overall at their positions. I've tried importing using "Entire Career" and "3-Year Period" for defensive stats.
This is a challenge that sometimes crops up. Use Real Stats and the latest version and all should be well. Older versions of the db do not work with OOTP13 and the newest version of the db doesn't work with older OOTP versions because the file format OOTP uses changes with each version.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Would love to get access to this DB. I'll PM you. Thanks!
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
pmeitzler
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I would like to get access, too, but am not yet able to send a PM. Any help?
pmeitzler is offline   Reply With Quote