Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Staples11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Is OOTP15 compatible with windows XP?

Yes or No?
Staples11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:16 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Thanked 2,050x in 1,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples11 View Post
Yes or No?
Definately Yes
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,899x in 2,140 posts
lol

What about Vista?
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,050x in 2,605 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Server 2008?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
le receveur
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,049x in 670 posts
commodore 64?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 596x in 305 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Server 2008?
I could find out. Might make the boss mad.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (03-14-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
I could find out. Might make the boss mad.
Bonus!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:24 AM   #8
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 265x in 182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples11 View Post
Yes or No?
until April sometime when your computer will get hit with tons of viruses, malware, worms, bots, et al when MS quits patching/updating XP, it will be like leaving all your doors and windows open in the bad part of town
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
until April sometime when your computer will get hit with tons of viruses, malware, worms, bots, et al when MS quits patching/updating XP, it will be like leaving all your doors and windows open in the bad part of town
He's right. XP dies very soon. Time to move on.

Thank you for this post:
MarkInCincy (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Microsoft: "PCs running Windows XP after April 8, 2014, should not be considered to be protected, and it is important that you migrate to a current supported operating system – such as Windows 8.1 – so you can receive regular security updates to protect their computer from malicious attacks."

Thank you for this post:
Honorable_Pawn (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #11
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Thanked 537x in 387 posts
Not everyone has the cash to spare to buy a new comp. Myself included, though it appears I won't have much choice soon.

Now, I know low-end new comps aren't all that expensive in the abstract, running $200 or so if you find the right deal. But I, for one, don't ever really have that much to spare. It's hard enough for me to find the spare $30 to buy OOTP every year.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kobeck (03-21-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 426x in 279 posts
OR

Will XP be the safest as no hacker would even attempt to try anything?

Hmmmmmm

and Oliver, you don't need a new computer, just new Operating system

Ubuntu is a free Operating System, and I believe there are no issues using OOTP 14 with it

The world's most popular free OS | Ubuntu
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Will XP be the safest as no hacker would even attempt to try anything?
Ignore this man. That idea is stupid and dangerous. XP will be the primary hacker target starting next month.

See XP's retirement will be hacker heaven - Computerworld

Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #14
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
Not everyone has the cash to spare to buy a new comp. Myself included, though it appears I won't have much choice soon.

Now, I know low-end new comps aren't all that expensive in the abstract, running $200 or so if you find the right deal. But I, for one, don't ever really have that much to spare. It's hard enough for me to find the spare $30 to buy OOTP every year.
Whatever else you do, STOP USING XP NEXT MONTH.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #15
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

ASUS X551MA RCLN03 Laptop Computer With 156 Screen Intel Celeron Processor by Office Depot - $269

Old 03-14-2014, 01:56 AM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Microsoft warns of post-April zero day hack bonanza on Windows XP ? The Register

"Microsoft has a Windows XP problem: people still like it and aren't willing to upgrade just yet. So it's warning users that if they don’t upgrade soon, hackers will lie in wait each new Patch Tuesday to reverse-engineer a full set of new vulnerabilities.

'The very first month that Microsoft releases security updates for supported versions of Windows, attackers will reverse engineer those updates, find the vulnerabilities and test Windows XP to see if it shares those vulnerabilities,' said Tim Rains, Microsoft's director of trustworthy computing, in a blog post.

'If it does, attackers will attempt to develop exploit code that can take advantage of those vulnerabilities on Windows XP. Since a security update will never become available for Windows XP to address these vulnerabilities, Windows XP will essentially have a 'zero day' vulnerability forever.'

He points out that from July 2012 through July 2013, Windows XP received 45 patches, 30 of which were relevant to Windows 7 and 8 as well, and there is considerable flaw cross-over found among the three operating systems. XP is also by far the most malware-infected operating systems, he points out."

Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #17
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 426x in 279 posts
[snipped]

Last edited by kq76; 03-15-2014 at 12:36 AM. Reason: deliberately insulting post removed
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 03-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #18
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Anyone using XP is about to be at serious risk.

Last edited by The Wolf; 03-15-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Thanked 537x in 387 posts
I don't think either set of hardware I have would run Windows 8 very well. The laptop I'm on right now (having weird issues with my monitor on the desktop) definitely couldn't.

Like I said, I appreciate that, in the grand scheme of things, a new comp isn't very expensive anymore. But, I for one don't have a spare $270 plus tax to buy one of those.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #20
Gil Thorp
Major Leagues

Thanked 122x in 48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
I don't think either set of hardware I have would run Windows 8 very well.
I'd go Windows 7. It's probably around a hundred bucks or so.
Gil Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote