Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
cjn728
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Bringing 14 rosters into 15 simulation

I like to simulate the recently finished season with my own drafted rosters on all the real MLB teams.

I had OOTP 14 and got the rosters just how I liked them (all real players and only players who played in the majors in 2012).

Now i would like to play a simulation of 2013 with the rosters I created carried over and hold a draft for rookies and new players.

That may be TMI, but I'd like some help starting a season with those rosters carried over and hopefully both the stats from the simulated 2012 replay (which shows as 2013) and the 2013 actual 2013 stats that just got updated. If not, just the real 2013 stats would be fine.

Mostly I just want all the right players on all the teams, then draft in last year's rookies.

I'm I stuck redrafting by hand?

Thanks for any help.
cjn728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Thanked 324x in 211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn728 View Post
I like to simulate the recently finished season with my own drafted rosters on all the real MLB teams.

I had OOTP 14 and got the rosters just how I liked them (all real players and only players who played in the majors in 2012).

Now i would like to play a simulation of 2013 with the rosters I created carried over and hold a draft for rookies and new players.

That may be TMI, but I'd like some help starting a season with those rosters carried over and hopefully both the stats from the simulated 2012 replay (which shows as 2013) and the 2013 actual 2013 stats that just got updated. If not, just the real 2013 stats would be fine.

Mostly I just want all the right players on all the teams, then draft in last year's rookies.

I'm I stuck redrafting by hand?

Thanks for any help.
You can import the league from version 14 into version 15 from 15's main screen. That should do it. to get the actual 2013 stats into the game, go to the MLB quickstart in version 15 and export all the stats from the game settings page. I would open the batting, fielding, and pitching files in Excel then sort all the 2013 stats into consecutive rows in each file. Make sure you don't import the player ID numbers from the MLB quickstart into your custom files. Otherwise, this won't work when you re-import the files into your custom database. Then you'll have to export the stats files from your custom database, open those in Excel and copy and paste from the quickstart files into the custom files. Save the custom files as .csv files in the import_export folder of your custom database and re-import them into your custom database. The real 2013 stats should show up.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote