Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Crashing Only when a Certain Player is Pitching

Ok, this is a weird one. I noticed sporadically that my game was crashing mid-game. After a few times, I noticed it seemed like it was only crashing when I had a particular starting pitcher in the game. I then was unable to test because he got injured early on the reboot of the game. Lo and behold, no crashes while he was on the DL. I start a game a few minutes ago, Jack Simpson is starting fresh off the DL with his 8-2 record and my game crashes in the 4th inning. I rebooted the game and he made it to the 3rd inning and got injured again.

Any ideas??
Old 10-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,502x in 4,128 posts
Please upload your league files to us, and we can investigate. Must be something under the hood with him causing issues.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Please upload your league files to us, and we can investigate. Must be something under the hood with him causing issues.
Uploaded. File is Bush League.zip and the player is Jack Simpson on the San Diego Beachcombers. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks, we'll have a look. Can you remember anything else about what might have been happening when things crashed? What screen were you on? Was he pitching? Was it simply when you hit the space bar or quick at-bat, or something else?

Anything you can mention can help us narrow it down. It may have simply been a coincidence that he was on the mound, but obviously might be something else going on.

ps. I think Simpson is cursed, somehow. First game I tested I threw him was winning 1-0, then he gives up a solo HR with 2 out in the 9th. Ended up leaving him in for 12 inning and like 180 pitches, eventually losing the game in the 14th inning. Next game I test with him he gets hurt in the first inning after 7 pitches.
ps2. Okay, now I need to go back and check to make sure we don't have a curse in code. Commish edit out the injury, he lasts under 4 innings before tearing a meniscus. Still no crash, but this dude has terrible luck.

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 10-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Vezna31 (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #5
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Quote:
Thanks, we'll have a look. Can you remember anything else about what might have been happening when things crashed? What screen were you on? Was he pitching? Was it simply when you hit the space bar or quick at-bat, or something else?

Anything you can mention can help us narrow it down. It may have simply been a coincidence that he was on the mound, but obviously might be something else going on.

ps. I think Simpson is cursed, somehow. First game I tested I threw him was winning 1-0, then he gives up a solo HR with 2 out in the 9th. Ended up leaving him in for 12 inning and like 180 pitches, eventually losing the game in the 14th inning. Next game I test with him he gets hurt in the first inning after 7 pitches.
ps2. Okay, now I need to go back and check to make sure we don't have a curse in code. Commish edit out the injury, he lasts under 4 innings before tearing a meniscus. Still no crash, but this dude has terrible luck.
LOL...that is bad luck.

The only thing I can tell you in regard to specifics is that the last 2 crashes were the 6th and 4th innings. On the second crash, I hit my enter key for the pitch. I think the crash before that, I hit the 1 key, as I was going between keys 1, 2 & 3 with a man on base. All crashes happen when he is pitching. I really don't remember much beyond that.

I haven't moved the game since uploading. Do you suggest not moving until you find or don't find anything? I already lost 1.5 seasons (1965 and 1/2 of 64)one time before and this is a league that I started in 2004 and now have almost 69 played out season.

Last edited by Vezna31; 10-22-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Vezna31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll keep looking into it. I'd definitely suggest backing up regularly just in case
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Quote:
We'll keep looking into it. I'd definitely suggest backing up regularly just in case
Yep...running backup now as we post.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:02 AM   #8
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
I don't think the bad luck is restricted to Simpson. I decided to play a game tonight and my #1 starter went down in the 1st after 26 pitches.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #9
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Update....Simpson came back and threw a game with no crash or injury. But the last 2 outings in the playoffs, he went 4.1 before going out with a finger blister, and then in Game 7 of the WS, he goes out in the 1st inning, injury pending.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:35 AM   #10
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Quote:
Matt, any update?
Old 11-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,768x in 4,411 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezna31 View Post
Matt, any update?
Matt's on vacation at the moment. I'm not sure if he had a chance to look at this more before he left or not.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:43 AM   #12
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezna31 View Post
Update....Simpson came back and threw a game with no crash or injury. But the last 2 outings in the playoffs, he went 4.1 before going out with a finger blister, and then in Game 7 of the WS, he goes out in the 1st inning, injury pending.
So, Jack Simpson just came off the DL from the above injury and in the 2nd inning gets hit by a pitch and has to leave the game. The injury is only day to day but stil...just unbelievable.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:28 AM   #13
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Seriously...next game back and he leaves in the 2nd inning with a day to day sore hamstring.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:33 AM   #14
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Thanked 32x in 23 posts
Next game he pitched...game crashed. I have not had a crash in the game in 4 other leagues since this pitcher last pitched and it crashed. This is just crazy!