Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 02-28-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
OOTP5 problem with initial draft / reset

I don't know if this was a problem in OOTP4, but I encountered a bug in OOTP5's initial draft that can cause duplicate, identical players to get added to teams.

Took the following steps:

1.) Created a new Custom league with fictional players. Edited the league to have standard MLB teams, parks, etc. (a 16-team NL and a 14-team AL).
2.) Ran the initial Fantasy Draft, using 50-round serpentine. During the draft I was controlling one team (Chicago NL) and all other teams are computer-controlled.
3.) Used "Autodraft until Human Team" and manually picked players for my team. Then at the end of the 3rd or 4th round, exited the draft screen by clicking on the Teams | Chicago (N) menu item. I looked at something in the Teams screen, then went to continue my draft.
4.) When I went back into the Initial Draft screen, I goofed. Instead of clicking on the "CONTINUE DRAFT" button, I accidentally clicked on the "Reset Draft" button right above it. This gave NO confirmation message and simply ran the reset draft procedure. I know, this was my fault, but it would help to have a confirmation dialog added. I figured, what the heck, no problem, I'll re-run the draft.
5.) I re-ran the draft starting from pick #1. I picked the same #1 pick for CHN, a 31-yr old 1B named Gabriel Romano.
6.) At about the 3rd or 4th round I went to check my team again, and now there are TWO Gabriel Romanos assigned to the Chicago team.

It looks like when I accidentally did "reset draft" it didn't remove the already-drafted players from the teams they'd been drafted to. All teams in the league had this problem, not just the user-controlled teams.
JOBL - Grand Forks Varmints (former owner)
FIBB - Chicago Fire
TMBU - Tulsa Tomcats (former owner)
ACL - Oakland A's (former owner)
ACB - Rockville Superbas
A.J. Holz is offline   Reply With Quote