Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 192x in 120 posts
Too many key players not re-signed

I've noticed that the amount of players that don't get re-signed by their team or make it to free agency is pretty high. They are often key players to their team. I'm not talking about superstar players but for example a solid 2nd or 3rd line guy. A lot of these guys would be re-signed in real well before July 1st unless their were major cap issues which doesn't seem to be the case a lot of the time from what i'm seeing. The turnover rate is never this severe in real life. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-12-2015 at 04:58 AM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Spirits (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #2
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I experienced the same when I started a game yesterday per expansion draft. After the draft, the following bluechip prospects where all available as UFAs:
vaisilevskiy, h. Fleury, Kuznetsov, Wennberg, Järnkrok, Burakovsky, Murphy, Gibson etc.
I was able to sign most of them, so basically I don't have to go for drafting prospects the next ten years
Old 10-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

Thanked 698x in 392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19 View Post
I experienced the same when I started a game yesterday per expansion draft. After the draft, the following bluechip prospects where all available as UFAs:
vaisilevskiy, h. Fleury, Kuznetsov, Wennberg, Järnkrok, Burakovsky, Murphy, Gibson etc.
I was able to sign most of them, so basically I don't have to go for drafting prospects the next ten years
hmm....that should definetly not happen. i hope Jeff checks this soon

Beta-Tester since FHM2

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,148x in 3,165 posts
Quote:
Hi Alex. I'm not exactly clear what happened here - you started a modern game with expansion right at the start, or a later-year historical game with an initial draft of all players?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #5
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hi Alex. I'm not exactly clear what happened here - you started a modern game with expansion right at the start, or a later-year historical game with an initial draft of all players?
Hi Jeff,

I started in 2014/15, simmed the whole season unemployed until July 1, 2015, and did the expansion draft. After the draft, I checked the available UFAs and I found all these excellent players available - cool in one way, but somehow not very challenging
Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,148x in 3,165 posts
Quote:
Hi Jeff,

I started in 2014/15, simmed the whole season unemployed until July 1, 2015, and did the expansion draft. After the draft, I checked the available UFAs and I found all these excellent players available - cool in one way, but somehow not very challenging
Very odd, most of those guys don't even have contracts that expire in 2015. I'll have to do some testing and see if I can figure out how they're getting to free agency.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Woody19 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanked 375x in 206 posts
It is a problem in general as I mentioned elsewhere with historical games. The AI ignores too may good players for too long. And if I don't resign a decent older player, he remains a FA for years. Its like the AI isn't really trying.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 AM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
Another thing Gibson shouldn't show up to be Drafted another Goalie from Ducks should if they unprotected one.

Free-Agent Draft?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #9
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Another thing Gibson shouldn't show up to be Drafted another Goalie from Ducks should if they unprotected one.

Free-Agent Draft?
Just to clarify: I didn't get Gibson through the expansion draft, he was listed as a regular UFA.
The expansion draft was quite realistic: only crappy players available
Old 10-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #10
Spirits
Major Leagues

Thanked 246x in 150 posts
There's way too many quality free agents in the Euro leagues as well. Basically, everytime someone had won the top-scoring award in the Czech Extraliga, he ended up as a FA.

Happens with older (35+) key players, who would likely retire at their current club, as well. Something fishy going on there.

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote