Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
OOTP6 / Online League Testing

The online league I run, as well as every online league I'm in that converted from OOTP5 to OOTP6 (five of them so far, getting ready to be six), has been plagued by conversion problems in going from OOTP5 to OOTP6.

To date, the ones that have most affected the leagues are:

- Promo cash bug - teams losing cash incorrectly due to promotional days included in exports
- Incorrect service time upon conversion
- Incorrect pitcher control ratings (some pitchers got a "1" on the 1-150 scale rendering them useless or at best severely stunted in development)

I personally put in about two hours fixing service time problems, another hour fixing pitcher control ratings, and am getting ready to spend probably another hour fixing the havoc wreaked by the promo cash bug.

The five commishes in the other leagues I mentioned are having to do the same thing.

Approximately 100 to 115 owners (read: individuals who purchased OOTP6) distributed among these six leagues are affected by this. It may not affect them in terms of lost time, like it does the commissioners, but they are definitely aware of the problems by the continued discussion on their respective league forums regarding these bugs.

There has been more than a fair bit of "OOTP6 has some pretty damned bad bugs, let's wait before making a switch to OOTP7/SI" discussion among the owners I am familiar with. This has the potential to affect future sales.

I point this out not just to complain, but to make a respectful request that the current OOTP dev team incorporate more online league testing into their test cases. The promo cash bug should have been fairly easy to spot. The service time conversion problem was not as easy and there are some who say it wasn't a bug at all, but calculating service time based on a player's years spent in A, AA, AAA, and ML should have been addressed. The pitcher control rating bug was much harder to spot so IMO could have slipped past even the most experienced testing team (although this and the previous bug both affect solo play as well). This is not a poor-natured slam at the dev team, just a request to refine the tests. Please take this for what it's worth and understand that I realize the problems will eventually be fixed.
JOBL - Grand Forks Varmints (former owner)
FIBB - Chicago Fire
TMBU - Tulsa Tomcats (former owner)
ACL - Oakland A's (former owner)
ACB - Rockville Superbas
A.J. Holz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Thanked 39x in 17 posts
All 3 "big issues" are already known. Thanks
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Steve, as I explained, I realize that the issues are known.
FIBB - Chicago Fire
ACB - Rockville Superbas
Old 06-21-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
The Playmaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Another issue in online leagues relates to the release of players.

While the game provides the option to have teams release their own players, this doesn't work. When the roster is downloaded, all it does is take the player off the 40 man roster, but they still remain on the 25 man roster. It doesn't work when I turn off the option to allow teams to release their own players as I get the exact same results.

Any news if this will be fixed in the next patch?
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:06 AM   #5
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Playmaker, if this hasn't been reported yet, you might want to start a new thread about it, not sure if it will be seen at the end of this one.
FIBB - Chicago Fire
ACB - Rockville Superbas
Old 06-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #6
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
Not to mention you can't even export waiver claims, or even do them feasibly in an online league. I also believe the game could stand to benefit from more online league testing considering a chunk of people play online leagues. I find it hard to believe after extensive testing, nobody realized that you couldn't do waivers or the the other issues existed. I could be wrong, but these seem pretty obvious.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #7
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
I totally agree with AJ and am one of the Commishes he mentions who has suffered through the OOTP6 bugs. I have felt for awhile now that OOTP needs to be beta testing their game in a online league format. Why not use the OLS if it is even still going?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #8
sporr
Global Moderator

Thanked 41x in 2 posts
This is already being done. With the sheer number of items that need testing, some things unfortunately slip through the cracks. For that we apologize. But I assure you that online leagues are not getting overlooked.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #9
Ben Music
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts

I just want to add my name to the list of unsatisfied on-line Commissioners. The conversion has been a fiasco. We've run a whole off-season, and I've seriously have considered wiping it all out and going back to v5. That said, we are not going back, but I sure hope DIPS is worth it.
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
Ben Music is offline   Reply With Quote