Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #21
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,119x in 1,209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I would take a warning message when a contract is about to end over any change to this screen, personally.
Why don't we just get emails...which I think we do
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,044x in 2,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Why don't we just get emails...which I think we do
The problem, probably too strong a word, with the emails is that they tell us after the personnel have left. I know I probably sound a bit redundant here, but the easiest way for me to deal with the issue is set the reminder before season's end in my Manager's Notes and Reminders. I set one for each league level that corresponds roughly with just prior to that league's season end to 'remind' me to review personnel at that level and look at extension possibilities. If a coach looks promising for promotion, I add him to my Staff Shortlist, which also has a Reminder to review.
2 thanks for this post:
goalieump413 (03-07-2014), rpriske (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 02:06 AM   #23
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Thanked 334x in 191 posts
The email process does have flaws with personnel, but as long as the email comes several days prior to the coach vanishing (and I use the term "vanishing" because that's how it feels if you aren't closely watching), it should be easy to take care of things.

I do take better care of my coaches these days, but at first, I could be blindsided by a sudden departure.

And I like how Markus put the "Through" column on the page, which should help a lot. Can that column be sortable?
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
rpriske (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 AM   #24
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,119x in 1,209 posts
why can't the staff tell us they are intending to leave, or receive reminders about both staff and players whose contracts are due to expire? Actually in Fm you get these notices once a month.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #25
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Thanked 608x in 336 posts
I wish there was some way to email our personell with preprogrammed messages. Ranging from "you're doing an outstanding job developing players for this organization, keep up the great work!" to "you're a few months from being fired."
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #26
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,899x in 2,140 posts
How come the Flag only has 4 stars?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #27
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Thanked 334x in 191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
why can't the staff tell us they are intending to leave, or receive reminders about both staff and players whose contracts are due to expire? Actually in Fm you get these notices once a month.
I believe it's because, in baseball, a contract is a guaranteed contract, regardless of a coach's position. They wouldn't tell you they're intending to leave because they can't stay around without a contract, so the coach is either "under" contract, or gone.

Now, I know it's probably a larger game code issue, but perhaps we could ask for an email from a coach that says something to indicate his willingness to stay with the organization during contract negotiations. Some coaches may want to jump ship and explore working for another organization, while some remain comfortably loyal somewhere in yours.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,132x in 503 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413 View Post
Now, I know it's probably a larger game code issue, but perhaps we could ask for an email from a coach that says something to indicate his willingness to stay with the organization during contract negotiations. Some coaches may want to jump ship and explore working for another organization, while some remain comfortably loyal somewhere in yours.
Very much needed imo.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote