Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Established Online League Looking To Re-Plenish its Owners OOTP 13/15 (entering its 15th season)

Hello, after 14 seasons, BJBL is transitioning from OOTP 13 to OOTP15 and we are looking for owners to fill some vacant spots. This is a sort of unique league but I think it will benefit the casual player as well as the hardcore player.

We are following historical timelines as much as possible. Each year rookies who made their debut in real life at the current year will be imported into the draft class. We are currently in 2001, rookies include, Albert Pujols and Ichiro.

However those real-life rookies only make up 25% of the draft class. The other 75% of the class are made up on fictional players who start their OOTP careers in the high school feeder leagues at the ripe old age of 4 (yes, 4. You can watch their careers develop in front of your eyes). Making this a 25/75 Historical/Fictional League.

We started in 1986 and have gradually been adding real life rookies and high school rookies ever since.

Some other unique rules include AI managing vacant teams, so new owners never have to worry about taking over a 30-132 team that has been sitting dormant for years. Despite this, only two AI teams have ever won the World Series.

If this is something you would like to be interested in, please post below or register for our forums. We are currently in June of 1999 and will be switching to OOTP 15 this offseason. If you have OOTP 13 you can join immediately.

Seasons run about 6 weeks from Jan 1 to Jan 1. I sim around 6-7 weeks per real life week with pauses around milestones such as 40 man call ups and trading deadlines.

AIM is not required, but highly encouraged as we have an active chat room going every single night, even on non-sim days.

Baltimore, Kansas City, Detroit, Los Angeles, Colorado, Toronto and San Diego are currently ownerless. Baltimore is quite possibly the best team in the game right now.

Inquire on the boards or IM me at x31spoonerstreet for details.

Reports: BNN Home Page
Board: BJBL

Last edited by SFSUGatorAlum; 07-19-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Update Team List
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Lumpy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I would be interested in Detroit

don't have AIM but if it has a stand lone widget I would get it....

I am in 2 fantasy leagues so would love one based on real life

email me info if you wish paulcpapp@gmail.com

Paul Papp birthdate nov 15th 1965 for GM setup

edit: I have OOTP15

Last edited by Lumpy; 05-01-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Gerth
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm interested in coaching the Washington/Montreal team.
My e-mail is HappyGerth@hotmail.com
Gerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #4
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Washington/Montreal has already been claimed by a guy who PM'd me. If you're interested in another team there's more options.

Paul, you can have Detroit. And if you have flash you can just use AIM Express in a browser window and not have to download anything.

I anticipate transitioning over to OOTP15 in 2-3 weeks, we're in June of our last OOTP 13 season right now.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #5
Oidar
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I would take Houston if it's still available. Email is martylee2377@gmail.com.

Thanks
Oidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
Gerth
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
No Washington.... I'll take Atlanta. If they have been taken then give me any open team.
Gerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
Lumpy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
TY for setting me up with detroit... keep me updated on the OOTP15 update
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
I will keep posting here with updates. If you guys would like to register for the forums that would be a big step in getting you guys set up.

I imagine your first order of business for your team will be the draft which happens in the offseason.

Anyone who posts here will get the team they want this is the only sign up list I have going so Atlanta/Houston/Detroit and Montreal/Washington are claimed.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
Johnsal
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Sent you a PM
Johnsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
Victor
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 31x in 19 posts
I'm interested in Colordao, if they are still available. Email: rockme71@gmail.com
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Colorado is yours, go ahead and register for our forums.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 265x in 182 posts
Just registered on forum waiting for admin approval, email validated. Since it seems Cincy is not available, I will take the Cards
Old 05-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 265x in 182 posts
I just can't let anybody I know find out that I am taking the Cards. That would get me shot in N Ky/Cincy!!!!

Last edited by MarkInCincy; 05-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #14
dustinwaynereed
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I'd be interested in San Diego.

My email is dustinwaynereed@gmail.com

I have an AIM as well but am not currently using it. I'd be willing to start using it if the league tends to go that way for communication.

Last edited by dustinwaynereed; 05-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.
dustinwaynereed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #15
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
AIM is encouraged but not mandated. I'd say roughly half the league has AIM. We have a continuous chat room so its nice to work out trades or just talk about anything in the chat, but as long as you're active in trade talks/exports its not really too big of a deal not to have it.

Everyone who has posted here has been added to the GM List, and if you have OOTP13 I've added you to the actual file. We're on an accelerated sim schedule for the rest of this season so I can get the 15 guys into the game ASAP.

I've updated the available teams in the top post.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #16
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Just an update for you guys, I anticipate getting you guys added to the file about a week from today so you can participate in the entry draft (you won't need OOTP13), and our first OOTP15 sim should be possibly 10 days or so from now. So if you haven't registered for the boards yet and made an introduction it would be a good idea when you get a chance.
Thank you for this post:
Victor (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #17
gigispeed1332
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ill take Toronto (my favourite team) if they are still available. Thanks! I just got game for 2015 and have played a couple seasons in Historical Franchise, loving the game!

My email is : handykyle14@gmail.com
gigispeed1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #18
jrb1239
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm new to OOTP but would be interested in the Cleveland team if available and you are willing to add a newbie. My email is jrb1239@yahoo.com
jrb1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #19
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
You guys can have both those teams. I'll get you added.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #20
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Our current file stands at September 20th. The goal is to have the season finished Sunday night and get you guys added to the game. The draft will start Monday and you guys can participate in that without having OOTP13.

Plan should be OOTP15 should launch Wednesday or Thursday of next week.