Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

View Poll Results: What kind of online league should I do?
Modern 2014 16 44.44%
Historical (if this would be fictional) 2 5.56%
Fictional 12 33.33%
My Idea (Baseball with a soccer style) 7 19.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
Gauging Interest: Starting a league in ootp15

Hello everyone. A lot of you know me from ootp12 and 13. I didn't really attempt anything with 14 after the disaster I had with 13 towards the end. I have a new cpu and time to run a league so I was working on a project however before I execute everything on the time consuming project. I wanted to gauge some interest for the style idea i have to see if there is enough interest or if I should do a different style.

1) Modern 2014 League (which there are plenty of out there in ootp)
2) Historical Leagues (same plead with this one)
3) Fictional League (Same plead with this one....unless we did it historical one if we could.)
4) My Idea (Baseball with a European twist)

League Structure will be (Each team has AAA, AA, A teams)
LBL (12 teams - split 6/6) ---> PBL (12 teams - split 6/6) ---> R*BL (8 teams - split 4/4)

It will be a promotion/demotion league with each division winner going up and possible working a second team possible for promotion which would lead to second team being demoted from the corresponding league above. Something like if you win the league cup at the season end and with in 6 games of the season champion leader.

As from this you can see there with be the season champion, as there is in soccer. The league cup will be at the season end. Not sure how many I will put in. As it may just be the top 4 from each side since teams 5 and 6 could be demoted. However I made add them in for the fun of it. Here is the other thing I wanted to do during the season. Have a world cup of baseball!!! There will be 8 groups of 4 teams. It will be random draw for groups. You will play each team in your group twice. The series will be a 2 game series with it being 1 home and 1 away game. You will earn points for each series. The top two from each group advance (just like FIFA world cup)

Point System
3 - win both games
2 - win by split
1 - lose by split
0 - lose both games

splits and tie-breakers (will be tweaked if needed)
1) Runs Scored-Runs against difference
2) Away runs scored
3) Home Runs Scored

KNOCK-OUT STAGE (Difference from FIFA is alignment after group stage)

A1 @ H2
B1 @ G2
C1 @ F2
D1 @ E2
E1 @ D2
F1 @ C2
G1 @ B2
H1 @ A2

Thought this way so we would not have the possible chances of rematch from group stage unless you both go all the way to the World Cup Championship!

Please post any comments or questions if confused on anything. Also I will be looking for people to help me out with things with running this league. So feel free to hit me up via pm if you would want in the league and willing to help out to make it a great and smooth league. Let me know your thoughts and thanks for your time. Can vote for more then one option.

Last edited by Syxx34; 07-06-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #2
zero2426
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 11x in 4 posts
I'd do a modern league with a fantasy draft
zero2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2426 View Post
I'd do a modern league with a fantasy draft

Will not be doing a fantasy draft as it takes to long. Unless it was ran strictly draft list.

also like to see some more votes to come in

Last edited by Syxx34; 07-06-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
anymore votes? any comments and ideas will be taken into consideration

id want to run a league either way...every vote matters as I will make a league to what the majority wants. so please vote

Last edited by Syxx34; 07-06-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
170 views and 11 votes...i guess ill make my own decision on what I want to do....but a plain modern league bores me. I need something with a twist to it
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
ardthomp
Bat Boy

Thanked 7x in 5 posts
I'm a pretty simple person, so I'd be all for a regular league with some International leagues tied in.

I like soccer, but I'll leave that to FIFA.
ardthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
TheBrickHithouse
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
I voted for the modern but I really don't care either way
TheBrickHithouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Thanked 306x in 209 posts
This world does not need another fast paced modern roster sim league, I'll tell you that much.
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
pappy367
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i voted modern and would love to get my jays in a starting out league lol. also would love an indepth feeder/international leagues involved
pappy367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #10
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
bump...
Old 07-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Bond
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I've been looking for a modern league starting out so I could use my present day Rays.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote