Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #101
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,757x in 636 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
Thanks to Sebastian, Jeff, Cole, and ALL of the folks involved with making FHM2. It's a huge step forward for the franchise, and I applaud you for your efforts. Thank you for hanging in there these past couple years, for applying lessons learned from previous mistakes and listening to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, while weathering the unnecessary storm of pointless negativity unleashed by a vocal minority. Were I in your positions, I'm not sure I would have felt like continuing to pursue this game. Nobody deserves that kind of crap in their daily lives. Life is hard enough on it's own, without dealing with hardship at your workplace. Top shelf games and simulations aren't crafted out of thin air and in pristine condition, and sometimes it takes some trial and error. How many times through NHL history have we seen top talent needing several seasons honing their game in the minors before finally making it to the pinnacle of their profession? Coaches, scouts, and commentators are always clucking on about so and so who hasn't met their perceived potential, only to have that player turn up their performance at just the right moment. Kudos and keep up the great work, all of you. The future (and present!) is bright indeed.
Thank you for the kind words. And also quoting to add Malte, who has far, far, far more to do with FHM 2's greatness than I do
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
BlessYouBoys'84 (10-08-2015), Duranium (10-02-2015), gekkoguy82 (10-02-2015), Penfold75 (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #102
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 191x in 119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
When you compare EHM to FHM2 there's no comparison and this is why.
1. In FHM2 there's an editor already available no editor yet for EHM what a waste to put out EHM without the editor.
2. FHM2 User interface is much more easier to use then in EHM.
3. FHM2 doesn't have any major bugs like EHM still has in It. EHM is also till in early access mode not FHM2. The devs have taken their time in properly developing It and squashing those bugs not so with Sigames EHM.
4. FHM2 fully supports mods not so with EHM. EHM does have some support for mods but not as easy like with FHM2.
In my opinion and I have both FHM2 and EHM I would FHM2 a rating 10/10 and EHM a rating of 1/10 1 being the worst.
I don't think that EHM will ever be ready for primetime like FHM2 is.
Also in my opinion stay away from EHM and go with FHM2. Unless sigames improves EHM by including the editor It will be a big failure and to me EHM is already a big failure . But with FHM2 It's far better and It's easier to play and very easy to edit and add players and teams.
This is ridiculous. Both games are good and both have things that they do better than the other but they should both continue to improve. I feel like FHM 2 has the most potential to grow but that's only based on their superior game engine and that the game is so new that they have a lot of room to improve. If EHM steps up and improves their engine to be just as good as FHM2 then who knows what will happen. I just want both games to be successful. According to you FHM2 is a 10 out of 10. Good news developers your work is done according to this guy. No need to fix and more bugs because everything is perfect lol. Not sure if you're uneducated when it comes to what it takes to make a great sim or you're just super biased. Maybe it's both.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #103
djsatu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 7 posts
Quote:
1. In FHM2 there's an editor already available no editor yet for EHM what a waste to put out EHM without the editor.
3. FHM2 doesn't have any major bugs like EHM still has in It. EHM is also till in early access mode not FHM2. The devs have taken their time in properly developing It and squashing those bugs not so with Sigames EHM.
4. FHM2 fully supports mods not so with EHM. EHM does have some support for mods but not as easy like with FHM2.
In my opinion and I have both FHM2 and EHM I would FHM2 a rating 10/10 and EHM a rating of 1/10 1 being the worst.
Also in my opinion stay away from EHM and go with FHM2. Unless sigames improves EHM by including the editor It will be a big failure and to me EHM is already a big failure . But with FHM2 It's far better and It's easier to play and very easy to edit and add players and teams.
Where do you get your information from? FHM2 is bug free? Really? Both games are great, and both games have a solid fan base (I bought both, and so should you if you want future hockey sim's in the future). Competition is a good thing, not a bad thing. Bashing and making remarks that aren't true make you look silly. I know for a fact that EA is still being worked on like crazy, and they have no intention on stopping (Talked with dev).

Front Office Football 7, Football Manager 2016, EHM EA, BBCF, OOTP 16
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #104
Rooney
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Quote:
This is wrong on so many levels. , i'm pretty sure not even the FHM devs think EHM is a 1/10 game and FHM is perfect at the moment. Both games have pros and cons. You can't rate a game for its editor (or lack of), there's more important aspects than it.

Last edited by Rooney; 10-04-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #105
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Thanked 139x in 112 posts
Seems like I needed to do more scavenging.... or eye-opening... I finally learned how much is available at the Manager page...... didn't realize the info wasn't so much to the box but on the page

Thanks! This is great!

--------------------------------------------

Seems to be made primarily for managers....

As one who play commish ... I got only slightly over 20 messages after a test sim for one season ..... is it because I simmed??? I don't know ....

But slightly over 20 plus messages doesn't really keep a storyline for the season in my message box .... I have to go out and scavenge after information ....

I will give it a try with some NHL hockey management too .... that could give a different experience....

But I distinctly remember Sebastian saying he loved the way the game got you involved .... but as said, must be for human managers, and not commish

I didn't get any messages about play-off start, season start, power rankings, weekly reports, or pre season predictions....

I still have my universe, and that's all good and dandy.... but enthusiasm is somewhat diminished with the lack of storyline in commish mode

Last edited by NolaSola7; 10-04-2015 at 02:16 AM.
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:59 AM   #106
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Thanked 748x in 244 posts
Maybe people should use the First Impressions thread for discussing FHM2 and not bashing EHM:EA. Also applies to people who prefer EHM:EA if you have something constructive to say about FHM2 feel free. Some of the comments on both sides have shown bias and have been inaccurate.

Both games are out there and its good to not only have one Hockey Management game but two as people can make a choice to like one or like both. Everyone is entitled to their choice and opinion just don't try and force it on people. Keep it civilised.

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
brent_dog (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #107
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Thanked 139x in 112 posts
Still not in full blow... but I am very pleased.... I like what I see..... didn't learn the home menus right away... felt I was missing ... and I was... there is a lot on offer in the game

Thnk
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #108
lancevance
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I was a negative Nelly on the previous release but I am tipping my Bruins hat to the new game.It is detailed and fun!!
lancevance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #109
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,670x in 1,683 posts
as you can tell Markus, being in love with OOTP, i had to give FHM a try...its not perfect...but then again, neither was OOTP when it first arrived on the scene..i have no doubt that this will be THE hockey managment simulation game for years to come...looking forward to your patches and improvements...and FHM3...now...could you PLEASE get BTS (Beyond the Sideline) game out?

M-E-T-S METS! METS!! METS!!!---MLB AND THE NY METS 2019

MEET THE METS 2.0 est. 1962

MLB Project 32 by SFGiants58

A little roller along first...BEHIND THE BAG!!! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!!!!
---Vin Scully (1986 World Series Game 6)

Last edited by rjl518; 10-04-2015 at 10:22 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Cole (10-04-2015), Duranium (10-05-2015), Penfold75 (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #110
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 21x in 15 posts
Digging the game so for, the sim is great, scoring realism is on pace, I'm 4 seasons away, only thing left for me to give my full seal of approval is long term drafting and player progression.

Also can anyone explain potential and ratings, is it normal that there are otns of 4 star players? Some are on 4th lines. Also how do you explain the letters besides overall. Got a WHL prospect averaging 2ppg, 1st rounder but his potential is 4.5e.
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #111
Duranium
All Star Starter

Thanked 698x in 392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodz View Post
Digging the game so for, the sim is great, scoring realism is on pace, I'm 4 seasons away, only thing left for me to give my full seal of approval is long term drafting and player progression.

Also can anyone explain potential and ratings, is it normal that there are otns of 4 star players? Some are on 4th lines. Also how do you explain the letters besides overall. Got a WHL prospect averaging 2ppg, 1st rounder but his potential is 4.5e.
The letter describes how good the player has been scouted so far. 'a' denotes a heavily scouted player, where an 'e' could be very misleading in evaluating the real ability and potential (you know basically nothing concrete about the player).
So if you see a 4.5e on the 4th line on a AI controlled team, it doesn´t necessarily mean that player is really a 4.5.
I hope this helps a bit

Beta-Tester since FHM2

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #112
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,132x in 3,158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodz View Post
Also can anyone explain potential and ratings, is it normal that there are otns of 4 star players?
3-stars is about the minimum level needed for your current league, so it's normal to see a fair number of 4-stars.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #113
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Thanked 119x in 72 posts
I know virtually nothing about hockey and even less about soccer (FM2010)

In all my game years of playing modern OOTP I have won 1 World Series and that was thanks to Strasburg.

Getting to my point.

My first and only game of FM2 I have taken the Americans to 2 Stanley Cup Championships. Won GM of the year 0 times though. I did start with a dispersal draft. The 8 established teams just feasted on expansion Ottawa. They wound up sacking their GM and HC late in the season.

I have Fog of War on and sim the games as GM only. I put a guy on the trading block and got zero offers until the trade deadline approached. Got a couple of crap offers then finally a decent one. Basically the same talent level but in different areas. Was a fair trade.

I guess my first impressions are favorable. Zero crashes and game is mostly intuitive. I am hoping way more storylines and top this and that can be added. Those things go a long way with immersion. My historical game has had AI trades and injuries seem a tad low to me. I messed with no settings.
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #114
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 21x in 15 posts
2 things I encountered yesterday. 18 year old American being drafted from the...AHL

20 year old top Swiss top prospect playing in the WHL refused my contract offer because he isn't willing to play in Canada right now. He's already in Canada.
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #115
Belpa7187
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
would be nice if your oppenents in preseason not only dress their A-Team... Otherwise the pre-Season is worthless (at least for me)...
Belpa7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #116
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Thanked 75x in 59 posts
Quote:
When viewing a list of players, I sort by a certain stat, let's say Potential. When I look at a different stat category, the sort is undone. This makes reviewing players extremely difficult. As long as one is on the same screen, changing stat categories should not resort the list. This one issue alone annoys me very much. If I am scouting a player, I want to see how they are in multiple categories, but if they keep switching to different places in the list, even go off the screen, this is very difficult.
The issue I describe above makes this game feel like there is no attention to detail on how one would scout players.

I also feel that having the off-season cap cushion without the off-season relaxation of roster rules doesn't make sense. This makes evaluating players for ones final roster even more difficult, and can potentially get one into cap trouble. Without a training camp where coaches evaluate players (like scouts in game) and the ability to try out the fringe players in game situations on your team makes the pre-season games pointless and makes starting the game August 15 for an NHL season that starts in October seem like an odd choice, especially if the rosters are set to season start. Now, if training camps were a feature of the game, then that start date makes sense, as there are a lot of things to get in order for camp.

There are some issues with attention to detail. I simmed a season of 1931-32 NHL, and I got an injury message about Tiny Thompson on Boston being out for 5 months with a day-to-day injury, but he played against my Rangers two days later, but when the best goalie in the league, Toronto's Lorne Chabot, actually missed games with an injury, there were no reports.

If the Set up organization function is something that shouldn't be executed accidentally, then it should have a dialog box explaining that it will make major changes that can't be easily undone, and to allow an option to proceed or cancel.

The training system seems arbitrary. There are some good ideas, but it seems clunky.

The manual is quite sparse, and doesn't include a section on what to do when you start a game.

I will need to spend some more time with the game to get a better feel for it, but it seems to be a step in the right direction.

I still think that the 2004 & 2007 Eastside Hockey Manager got more things right in the flavor of the game, especially how it handled the preseason, but there are a number of areas where FHM2 now surpasses those.

An annoying touch is the steam version overriding my mods on an update.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Duranium (10-09-2015), shawa666 (10-11-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #117
seven
Major Leagues

Thanked 126x in 63 posts
Team record on box score

I could not find a posting about Team Records by searching this thread, so I'll post my suggestion. In the box score after a game, near the top left corner, the record for each of the two teams is listed (see below). I think the original intent was to update the records at the end of the game -- or at least I think that is what should happen. As you can see in the example below, after having played the first game of the season, the records have not been updated.
Attached Images
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
krownroyal83 (10-11-2015)
Old 10-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #118
Renegade11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Question about FHM 2

Has there been any reports of the crash bug in this version? I had it around July 4th of the first season in FHM 1 and it would crash. It made the game unplayable and I never got a response on a fix so I felt kind of slighted and went back to EHM. I was REALLY enjoying FHM up to that point but am hesitant to try FHM again because I felt like i threw money away last time.
Renegade11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:25 AM   #119
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,132x in 3,158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
I could not find a posting about Team Records by searching this thread, so I'll post my suggestion. In the box score after a game, near the top left corner, the record for each of the two teams is listed (see below). I think the original intent was to update the records at the end of the game -- or at least I think that is what should happen. As you can see in the example below, after having played the first game of the season, the records have not been updated.
I think it should actually be listing the record going into the game - what's happening now, though, is that the team's current record is being shown regardless of how old the box score is, when it should really be the record at the time of the game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
tarashnat (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #120
AaronV
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade11 View Post
Has there been any reports of the crash bug in this version? I had it around July 4th of the first season in FHM 1 and it would crash. It made the game unplayable and I never got a response on a fix so I felt kind of slighted and went back to EHM. I was REALLY enjoying FHM up to that point but am hesitant to try FHM again because I felt like i threw money away last time.

Your in the wrong forum, this is the FHM2 forum, different game.
AaronV is offline   Reply With Quote