Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #301
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,757x in 636 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uknewyork View Post
And in the same mode (fictional, commissioner), how do I change team logos?
Each league has a .lg file on your computer and within that is a graphics folder which contains different subfolders for different graphical elements (like team logos).

To change team logos you must simply replace the existing file with the one you want, and ensure the new file you have is named properly.

So for example, on my PC, If I am trying to change logos for a league called TestLeague, the location is here:

C:\Users\Cole\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\saved_games\TestLeague.lg\graphics\logo_teams

If the team is called Chicago Fire, the file name will be named Chicago Fire

So I just name my new logo Chicago Fire, drop it in that folder and replace the old one.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:57 PM   #302
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Thanked 235x in 172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Thank you. I clearly need to go to bed. It was right there. My apologies Cole.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:28 AM   #303
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Thanked 73x in 49 posts
Are league setting adjustable. If I wanted a fictional league with scoring like in the 80's, is that possible?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:32 AM   #304
Ferrisrox
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 9 posts
Has anyone else experienced a very strange second off-season?

I just wrapped my second season (first with Expansion teams added to the league) and I just had a very strange - and extremely unrealistic - start to free agency.

As the calendar rolled over to July 1st, I once again had a very long wait as the league recalibrated for the off-season and a new year, but then my heart sank when I saw my news feed for the day.

There were 31 players bought out by their teams using a special one time only cap compliance buy out. Among those bought out were: Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Jakob Voracek, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Kesler, David Krecji and Alexander Semin. I add Semin to the list because, as a free agent with Calgary, he was coming off a 42-goal year (second highest total in the league) and 72 points.

What the hell? Kind of shatters the illusion of realism and floods the free agent market with mega stars, making most NHL teams unrecognizable with massive star turnover from both the buyouts and the subsequent free agent signings.

Any else have this happen?

Last edited by Ferrisrox; 09-30-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #305
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
Are league setting adjustable. If I wanted a fictional league with scoring like in the 80's, is that possible?
Yes, you can adjust the goals per game for a league.
Thank you for this post:
gbmoore121 (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 01:42 AM   #306
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 24x in 13 posts
Is the option to go on vacation as a GM still in this game? I'm trying to just quickly sim ahead a year to expansion, and I can't seem to find it.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 AM   #307
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,154x in 3,171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
Is the option to go on vacation as a GM still in this game? I'm trying to just quickly sim ahead a year to expansion, and I can't seem to find it.
Not exactly (we never had a vacation option, that's EHM), but if you turn off all the "Exit Auto-Play" options in Manager Options that'll let you simulate uninterrupted until July 1.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:33 AM   #308
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
Has anyone else experienced a very strange second off-season?

I just wrapped my second season (first with Expansion teams added to the league) and I just had a very strange - and extremely unrealistic - start to free agency.

As the calendar rolled over to July 1st, I once again had a very long wait as the league recalibrated for the off-season and a new year, but then my heart sank when I saw my news feed for the day.

There were 31 players bought out by their teams using a special one time only cap compliance buy out. Among those bought out were: Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Jakob Voracek, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Kesler, David Krecji and Alexander Semin. I add Semin to the list because, as a free agent with Calgary, he was coming off a 42-goal year (second highest total in the league) and 72 points.

What the hell? Kind of shatters the illusion of realism and floods the free agent market with mega stars, making most NHL teams unrecognizable with massive star turnover from both the buyouts and the subsequent free agent signings.

Any else have this happen?
The compliance buyouts were added to help the AI with cap management - in real life, the GM's gave themselves a way to dump their bad contracts after the last CBA. We don't have labour negotiations in the game, so to simulate the occasional "one time only" escape clause from bad contracts, teams are allowed one compliance buyout every few seasons, starting in 2017. I may need to make the logic a little less liberal about who it dumps, but in 2014 it was used on a still-productive Brad Richards, Vinny Lecavalier, and Christian Ehrhoff, among others.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:35 AM   #309
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 192x in 120 posts
I came across a screen the first day the game came out and it showed how each team has done in terms of the moves and trades that they have made. I think they based it on a +/- rating system. Where is that located exactly? I know i saw it some where.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-30-2015 at 05:40 AM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:42 AM   #310
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I came across a screen the first day the game came out and it showed how each team has done in terms of the moves and trades that they have made. I think they based it on a +/- rating system. Where is that located exactly? I know i saw it some where.
Manager Menu - Free Agent Centre - Transfer Summary.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #311
Cornfed
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 13x in 11 posts
Any chance of making the SPHL playable?
Cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #312
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 192x in 120 posts
Where is the add to shortcut list? I'm looking and i can't find it.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #313
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
Any chance of making the SPHL playable?
A pretty good one, yeah, we've had a researcher working on the rosters, it's small, and the rules and playoff structure are very straightforward. It'd be one of the easiest ones to make playable.
Thank you for this post:
Cornfed (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #314
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanked 375x in 206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The compliance buyouts were added to help the AI with cap management - in real life, the GM's gave themselves a way to dump their bad contracts after the last CBA. We don't have labour negotiations in the game, so to simulate the occasional "one time only" escape clause from bad contracts, teams are allowed one compliance buyout every few seasons, starting in 2017. I may need to make the logic a little less liberal about who it dumps, but in 2014 it was used on a still-productive Brad Richards, Vinny Lecavalier, and Christian Ehrhoff, among others.
Think that should be optional. The NHL compliance buyouts from last negotiations are all done. So the current contracts are locked in place. At some point if they negotiate a new CBA and add more buyouts that would be in time to include in the next version of the game, whatever year that may be.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #315
Malte Schwarz

Thanked 1,216x in 606 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Where is the add to shortcut list? I'm looking and i can't find it.
You can use one of the boxes on the manager home screen to display your shortlist.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
krownroyal83 (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #316
Ferrisrox
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There's a big difference between "still productive" guys like Vinnie Lecavalier was and elite scorers who were near the top of the league like Kessel, Kane, Voracek and (strangely) Semin.

I'm also seeing a bidding war in free agency right now over a 19-year old defensemen who was the 18th overall draft pick of the Minnesota Wild in 2016. For reasons unknown (cause this isn't possible in real life) this Canadian prospect played in the AHL in his rookie pro-year (as a 19-year old) and scored 28 points in 67 games. Now, inexplicably, he's an unrestricted free agent.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #317
glacius
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Each league has a .lg file on your computer and within that is a graphics folder which contains different subfolders for different graphical elements (like team logos).

To change team logos you must simply replace the existing file with the one you want, and ensure the new file you have is named properly.

So for example, on my PC, If I am trying to change logos for a league called TestLeague, the location is here:

C:\Users\Cole\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\saved_games\TestLeague.lg\graphics\logo_teams

If the team is called Chicago Fire, the file name will be named Chicago Fire

So I just name my new logo Chicago Fire, drop it in that folder and replace the old one.

Same with jerseys? I did an expansion team and after i put the jerseys and they dont show up.
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #318
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,576x in 2,160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
On league home page, what do these totals represent? Headers seem to be missing.
_

Anyone?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #319
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Anyone?
Check out post 283, I believe Dave answered you.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #320
mking55
All Star Starter

Thanked 224x in 88 posts
I am having trouble getting player pictures in the game. I have thousands of png files in the blah, blah, blah, saved_games/xxx.lg/graphics/player_pics folder on my MAC.

However, all I seem to be able to get is nothing (turn off facegen), or facegen pictures. I saw an option to change to a real picture (import photo file) but that looks in a documents folder on my MAC instead of the player_pics folder.

1. How do I get real pictures into the game?
2. Please tell me I can do this with one action and not one player at a time.

Thanks.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote