Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #61
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Thanked 121x in 114 posts
Couple of teams have at least a few people out for a bit, and I think the one that's likely out the longest of those who are out may not be able to come back for about eleven months, if I remember correctly. Hopefully that won't bode too poorly for certain affected teams and/or players.

Willson has one of their key players out for at least another month or two, I think, so it may be rather thin for them in terms of position players. But maybe by the end of the month, I'll see about moving some players around to various teams, once I see how things are shaking out here, et cetera.

I have twelve human managers created so far for this game, and we'll have to see what each team may need for themselves, before I start the trading off here. Once the first off day happens, I'm probably going to set this aside for a few days, at least for the most part, so I can do some other things I've been putting off for a bit in order to do this sort of thing.

Like more of my writing, for instance. I have a few stories that need to be worked on, for starters, and I want to get at least another chapter or two done for at least one of them by the end of this month, if I can. But I will see if I can pop in and update some of the earliest posts in this thread very soon, in any case, at the very least here. Lord willing, of course.

Feel free to comment and ask reasonable enough questions and all here, but do please try to keep things as clean and as courteous and as respectful as possible here, if you don't mind, folks. Thanks. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
chey (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #62
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Watched the final Athletics-Cupids game before the first off day of the season for them, and most teams. The game was a fairly high-scoring game, at least for my tastes, especially when both teams were again sloppy at times during it. Platina and Tuomino had really good games for the Cupids, at least for the most part, while Lang tried to help the Athletics out, going 2-4 with a home run in the third to briefly tie the score at 2.

But defense didn't help the Athletics much, although they were fortunate not to give up any more runs after two late errors. The Cupids hit fairly well this game, too, fortunately for them.

Here are some screenshots from the box score and the results and the standings as of April 13, 1901. For the lines you may not be able to make out well in one of the shots, Yokoyama went 1-3 with 3 LOB, and he's batting .318 with no home runs and 4 RBIs so far this season. While Jian went 1-4 with a run scored and one left on, putting him at a batting average of .150 with no home runs and 5 RBIs.

Until later, then, I'll close this. I'll return to this dynasty's schedule sometime later on, although I don't know when that might be just yet. But I might still try and update the earlier posts in this thread later, if and when I get enough of a chance to do so here, folks, in the meantime. Thanks for your time and attention, et cetera. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
chey (03-04-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #63
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Having trouble posting pictures of the entire league's current logos/caps/uniform looks. Any suggestion on how I can show the previews of all those items here in a single picture, if at all possible, folks? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #64
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,567x in 1,724 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Having trouble posting pictures of the entire league's current logos/caps/uniform looks. Any suggestion on how I can show the previews of all those items here in a single picture, if at all possible, folks? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Don't know for sure... but I think you will have to post them individually.

Just go to a player profile screen... then create a baseball card for that player... and post it here on the forum... that way you can see how each team jersey and cap look.

You will have to do a baseball card for each team.

Here are 5 baseball cards from my league to show you what it looks like.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Clovidequano Dovatha (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #65
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, you can also create a team picture in OOTP.

It shows a picture of the whole team roster of players.

I never use it... I don't like the way they look.

Much prefer the individual baseball card.
Thank you for this post:
Old 03-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #66
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

To post Team Logos, you just have to copy one from your Logo folder and post it here using the "Manage Attachments".
Attached Images
Thank you for this post:
Old 03-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #67
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Maybe someone else knows how. CD out.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #68
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Here is a team picture... is this what you want to post?
Attached Images
Old 03-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #69
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

No, I mean the preview picture showing the entire arrangement of logos, caps, and uniforms for teams in a league, at least, in terms of sets. As far as 18, it seems the shoulders get cut off in the team pictures, as far as I've seen.

And I've not yet been able to install 19 on either of my computers, either this one or the new one my brother got me a while back, unfortunately, for various reasons. I believe that shot up there is from 19, is it not? Thanks for your help and all so far. CD out.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #70
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Do you think the Knights are going to get out of the Follis Division basement, and what do you think of the standings and game results so far? I'm not happy with all the errors in the game, for sure. But seeing as it's still 1901, they'll probably be quite numerous for a while, for many teams, unfortunately.

I can't wait to see what happens when several better players come back from injury, especially Langley for the Athletics, for example. I think he's not going to be able to play for at least another 6-8 weeks, though, if I remember correctly.

Hoping the upcoming Cupids-Knights series is a good one, of course. But we'll have to see. I don't know how the remaining nearly 140 games are going to go for everyone here during this first season of this dynasty, but hopefully we'll all see a rather good pennant race in both divisions, obviously.

As far as the statistics, I wonder how they'll shake out by the end of the season. And the standings too, for sure. I won't lie, but I do hope that the Cupids do well this season, and for many years to come, to be completely honest here.

I will probably need to adjust market sizes later, but that can be done later, I'm sure. Along with any number of other related things, as well.

I'm still hoping someone is willing and able to design suitable enough logos for the CKU and certain other subleagues/divisions for this project, if they haven't already done so, according to my hopes and wishes for them. But I will understand if nobody wants to include an American Indian/Native American chief head-type design reminiscent of my high school alma mater from the time I was there many years ago.

Thank you for your time and attention here, everyone, especially those who've helped me so far with this particular project of mine. CD out.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #71
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I mean the preview picture showing the entire arrangement of logos, caps, and uniforms for teams in a league, at least, in terms of sets. As far as 18, it seems the shoulders get cut off in the team pictures, as far as I've seen.

And I've not yet been able to install 19 on either of my computers, either this one or the new one my brother got me a while back, unfortunately, for various reasons. I believe that shot up there is from 19, is it not? Thanks for your help and all so far. CD out.
Yes, I am now using OOTP19... but OOTP18 would probably work pretty much the same way.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #72
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 149x in 97 posts
Quote:
There is no way to create one out of your game, it would have to be custom made. I could put one together for you with all of the logos, but I'm not even sure what one would look like that had all the caps and uniforms.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Eugene Church (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #73
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

CD, you are asking for something that is not possible to do in OOTP... there is no way to post all of your teams' pictures, logos, jerseys and caps all at one time... you have to post them ONE AT A TIME.

You are asking for something that would require a lot of time to do... it is not likely this will be done for you.

If you want to show the logos for all your teams, you must post them ONE AT A TIME here in your thread.

Use the instructions I posted in your thread on the Graphics Forum to post the logos ONE AT A TIME... you can also use the same instructions to post a picture of each team's jersey and cap, if that's what you want to do... but you will have to post each player's picture ONE PLAYER AT A TIME... or use the TEAM PHOTO... you will have to post each team photo ONE AT A TIME.

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN TO POST SCREENSHOTS ON THE OOTP FORUMS:

Quote:
Feel free to comment more in my dynasty thread, Eugene, if and when you like. And if you don't mind, can you please answer my question or questions about how to get certain things into the reports, like pictures of baseball cards, for example, very soon? I'd really appreciate it, for sure, you know. CD out.
You post screenshots already, so you must already know something about this process.
I hope I covered all of the details.
Let me know if these instructions are good enough.

To post a player photo or player's card:
1. Go to a team screen with the player's picture or player's card on it.
(the "lineups" section for a position player... the "pitching" section for a pitcher)

2. Click on the Player's Name (his photo will be in the upper left part of the screen).

3.Hit "print screen" on your keyboard (top row of keys, right side)

4. Go to Paint program and click "Control" and "V" on your keyboard at the same time... this will paste the player's photo or card in Paint.

5. Click on the Blue Square marked "Select" at the top of the Paint screen... it's right below "View"... Outline the player's photo or card using your mouse... you will put a square around the photo.

6. Click "Crop" on the Paint screen.(it is to the right of the Select button at the top of the screen)
the player's photo or card will be edited and will be in the upper left.

7. Go to "File" in Paint (upper left corner of the screen)

8. Select "Save as PNG picture".

9. Use your Browser to choose a place to store the player's photo or card in a folder so you can access it from the OOTP website... I place the photo or card in "Pictures", Documents and a designated folder for posting pictures on the OOTP Website.

10. Give the photo a file name (Semyon Tomczak Photo)

11. Click "Save".

12. Go to the OOTP Forum you want to post the photo on.

13. Look for the Thread Title you want to post the photo in and click "last page".... this will take you to the last page of the thread.

14. Click on "Post Reply" on the bottom left side of the screen.
( a new screen will come up where you usually write some comment)

Under Additional Options, you will see a small button "Manage Attachments".

15. Click on "Manage Attachments".
A window will pop up in the upper left corner of the screen.

16. Click the first "Browse" on the popup screen... you will then search for the photo folder where you have stored the player's photo.

On the left side of the screen, scroll down until you see "Pictures".

17. Click on the player's photo (Semyon Tomczak Photo)
This will upload the photo into the first Browser in the popup screen.

18, Click on "Upload".
You should see "Semyon Tomczak Photo" on the left side popup window showing that it has been uploaded as an attachment.

19. Close the Popup Window.

20. Click on the small "Preview Post".
This just allows you to see what you are going to post.

21. Click "Submit Reply"
Whatever you are posting should now be in the thread.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-09-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Thank you for this post:
Clovidequano Dovatha (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #74
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, I'm proud of you!

You seemed to have learned not to ask for 50 teams all at once.
Nobody is going to do that much work for you.

It is nice how you compliment the graphics designer on their work and say you will use it in one of your leagues.

Just make small simple requests and you might get some teams done.

Remember, how I posted one team request at a time for your Slaabovian League.

You got 6 teams done well that way... plus the other 18 so-so teams I did for you.

Be happy that you now have 6 good teams for your Slaabovian Republic League... and 18 that are average at best.

CD, you know... something is ALWAYS better than nothing.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-09-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Thank you for this post:
Clovidequano Dovatha (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:24 PM   #75
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

As for that other thread where I was hoping to consolidate threads, I wasn't expecting or do expect others to do them all at once, Eugene. Just as they may wish to and are able to, or were wanting to and able to do so, and all. Or to let me know where I might be able to find them, if I am having trouble finding them anywhere, that is, or was having trouble, et cetera. Supposing that they didn't do them or couldn't do them at all, of course, that is.

Maybe one day, we'll have the capability with OOTP to show all the sets for a league at once, but it may not be for a while yet, it seems to me. In the meantime, I'll try to keep your advice in mind and all, for sure.

Thank you for your help and all so far, Eugene. You've been a great help and all, no doubt at all in my mind. CD out.

P.S. In your IPA dynasty report, you said "Reds wins." It should be "Reds win," in the applicable post. Just so you know. CD out.
Thank you for this post:
Eugene Church (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #76
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Several of Txranger's rebranded items are definitely going to be used in at least one or two of my dynasties, even for the 1910's period, like the Terrapins set he did, for example. He's turning out a lot of great work lately, but when is that not the case for him? Very rarely, if ever, I think, personally. CD Out.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #77
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

And as for Low's thread, I was suggesting possible locations for team sets he could create, basically, just so you know, in that particular case. CD out.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #78
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Several of Txranger's rebranded items are definitely going to be used in at least one or two of my dynasties, even for the 1910's period, like the Terrapins set he did, for example. He's turning out a lot of great work lately, but when is that not the case for him? Very rarely, if ever, I think, personally. CD Out.
I'm glad... Txranger does excellent graphics.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #79
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As for that other thread where I was hoping to consolidate threads, I wasn't expecting or do expect others to do them all at once, Eugene. Just as they may wish to and are able to, or were wanting to and able to do so, and all. Or to let me know where I might be able to find them, if I am having trouble finding them anywhere, that is, or was having trouble, et cetera. Supposing that they didn't do them or couldn't do them at all, of course, that is.

Maybe one day, we'll have the capability with OOTP to show all the sets for a league at once, but it may not be for a while yet, it seems to me. In the meantime, I'll try to keep your advice in mind and all, for sure.

Thank you for your help and all so far, Eugene. You've been a great help and all, no doubt at all in my mind. CD out.

P.S. In your IPA dynasty report, you said "Reds wins." It should be "Reds win," in the applicable post. Just so you know. CD out.
Thanks for pointing out my grammar mistake... I'll try to find it and fix it... it's probably in a game recap headline... I sometimes get the wrong verb agreement.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-09-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #80
Clovidequano Dovatha
All Star Starter

Post 6577, I believe, in that thread. Or 6277, if there haven't been that many in that thread yet. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 03-09-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Thank you for this post:
Eugene Church (03-10-2019)