Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 162x in 102 posts
1871 Quickstart

I've got an 1871 quickstart with real players on the real teams, real schedules, real... well, everything. This is for those who want the completely real experience. I've also gone through and edited all the players' places of birth - in some cases, the cities they were born in no longer exist (or are neighborhoods in larger cities today) so I've reflected that change. I've also changed height/weights for unknown players (6', 190 is what the game uses by default) to more appropriate 19th century numbers. There are a few issues:

- I don't have a different default stadium picture. I'd like to put one in (since there's little hope of getting real usable photos from 1870s ballparks), but just haven't found a good one.
- I didn't even try to put in real managers, staff, etc. It wouldn't be realistic and at this stage the game can't deal with the historical reality that one person basically did everything for the first few decades of pro ball. I did go through and delete or change the non-realistic names (Asian, Latino staff, etc.).
- Something about the way I imported these guys causes a weird glitch, which is: going forward, the imported players will enter the league from the database as they should. However, the game imports them all a year older than they should be. (I.e., if a player is born on 11/6/1850, the game will have his DOB as 11/6/1849.) I change all the players manually, since I do a painstaking review of the data each season anyway, but it's a fair amount of work. If I figure out how to make it so the database is pristine but imports the players correctly I may fix this at a later date.
- For those who are really into realism, you'll want to change SP John "Lefty" McMullin from a pitcher to an outfielder in the 1871-72 offseason, and change outfielder James McDermott to a starting pitcher at the same time. (You may need to bump up McDermott's stamina - the game makes basically all 19th century starters have a stamina of 220, which is what I use.)

Other than that, you're good to go. If you are willing to tinker with the dates of birth, this is ready to play. I've tested it with the OOTP beta and it is stable through mid-1872, and I have no reason to think it won't be stable after that.

I'm working on getting this posted to OOTP Mods, so you should be able to find it there once I overcome my lack of technical skills.