Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
stealofhome
All Star Starter

Thanked 449x in 337 posts
League name ideas

I personally feel like there could be a better way to name the leagues - I'm a numbers guy and I still forget which random sequence of numbers my Perfect League is. I'd like to brainstorm some other ideas that may catch the fancy of the developers.

I've already suggested last names of players, but maybe that is still an issue with licensing. There probably need to be a thousand unique options? Would it be possible to reuse names between levels?

Ideas:
First/Last Names...not even necessarily baseball related, could just use the list from OOTP
Baseball Terms/Stat Names
Geographical Terms (nation, state, province, city, etc)
Random Words
Colors

Anyone else?
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 82x in 48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I personally feel like there could be a better way to name the leagues - I'm a numbers guy and I still forget which random sequence of numbers my Perfect League is. I'd like to brainstorm some other ideas that may catch the fancy of the developers.

I've already suggested last names of players, but maybe that is still an issue with licensing. There probably need to be a thousand unique options? Would it be possible to reuse names between levels?

Ideas:
First/Last Names...not even necessarily baseball related, could just use the list from OOTP
Baseball Terms/Stat Names
Geographical Terms (nation, state, province, city, etc)
Random Words
Colors

Anyone else?

Just come up with a list of random nouns basically. It shouldn┤t be that hard. You can add cardinal directions to multiply the possibilities.

The Railroad League. The Southern Railroad League. The Eastern Railroad League. The Professional Railroad Baseball Association. The Great Southern Railroad League. Seems like you would just need a list of a few hundred seed words and some rules about how to generate the names.

The names don┤t need to make much sense to be a huge upgrade over random numbers.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
stealofhome
All Star Starter

Thanked 449x in 337 posts
Here ya go: https://www.randomlists.com/

Who wouldn't want to be in the East-Northeast Trousers League?

Last edited by stealofhome; 01-04-2019 at 01:21 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 82x in 48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
Here ya go: https://www.randomlists.com/

Who wouldn't want to be in the East-Northeast Trousers League?
Haha, way better.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote