Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #81
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 540x in 169 posts
Thanks for the testing, I think that's what I'll do. It would allow me to get a little more accurate on injuries anyway.

Thanks again.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #82
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
No problem man, anything I can do to help. It's certainly not ideal but it beats the alternative.
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #83
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
More dola action!

I just ran a quick one season test but my assumption was correct. After getting the 40 and 25 man rosters the way the AI likes it the crazy waivering of the top prospects was cut down considerably. Guys like Felix Pie who otherwise are always waived and claimed or just released actually stay on their team. In most cases they get sent down to the minors at least temporarily but they make their way up to the bigs like they should!

So here's my unofficial recommendation for using Cubbyfan's ML/AAA roster.

Before creating your manager follow these steps.

1. Start off by turning off the AI roster moves under the game setup page.
2. Set the waiver rule to disabled under the rules tab.
3. Sim until the beginning of spring training.
4. Create your manager and either create the existing one or leave him unassigned to any team. Choose the team you want when creating your manager.
5. Go back to game setup and turn on the allow AI to make roster moves. Leave the waivers disabled.
6. Sim, play, or carry out your spring training however you like.
7. Once the rosters are cut back down to 25 men go into the game setup and enable the waivers back to whatever you want them set to. I chose 3 day.
8. Go about the season however you like!

That should cure the mass waiver exodus that occurs at the beginning. From my test league the rest of the season was more reasonable and the following year I didn't have to repeat the process, the AI was fine by then. It just needs help the first year.

This was only a few quick tests so your results may vary but this is what I saw.

Enjoy!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #84
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
How about starting it as of Opening Day then their Won't be the Wavier/DFA problem but theirs still a problem Iv'e had Josh Johnson DFA in season and then got released when he still had 2 yeras left in Minor League Options he should have accpted the Option?
I no the solution the Computer doesn't try and Trade the person who is DFA beacuse theirs no Trading Block feature and if the person gets claimed of Waviers he doesn't go to the new team but gets released.
Iv'e noticed when I released all People to the Free-Agent Market that if you don't do the Fantasy Draft that some People like Tim Hudson,John Smoltz and Chipper Jones decide to sign with the Braves and not another team and also if you sim past the Amaetur Draft it still happens.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #85
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27
How about starting it as of Opening Day then their Won't be the Wavier/DFA problem but theirs still a problem Iv'e had Josh Johnson DFA in season and then got released when he still had 2 yeras left in Minor League Options he should have accpted the Option?
I no the solution the Computer doesn't try and Trade the person who is DFA beacuse theirs no Trading Block feature and if the person gets claimed of Waviers he doesn't go to the new team but gets released.
Iv'e noticed when I released all People to the Free-Agent Market that if you don't do the Fantasy Draft that some People like Tim Hudson,John Smoltz and Chipper Jones decide to sign with the Braves and not another team and also if you sim past the Amaetur Draft it still happens.
I'm not saying the workaround is perfect but in my test league Josh Johnson did stay of the Marlins. In fact he played some in AAA and was called up to the Major Leagues too. You could argue that he should have spent more time in the bigs and less in AAA but that's a whole other AI ballgame.

Following the steps I outlined and then tracking the BA's top prospects I found a very solid AI performance. It certainly isn't perfect but you don't see top prospects getting dropped like you did.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #86
westendcards
All Star Reserve

Thanked 160x in 84 posts
I would like to run a league with just mlb, aaa, and aa - How do I delete the lower leagues, preferably first releasing all of those players into the free agent pool and then deleting those lower leagues?
The roster set is great
Thanks
westendcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #87
MVela20
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer
1. Start off by turning off the AI roster moves under the game setup page.
How do you do this?? Which tab under Game Setup??
Old 08-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #88
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVela20
How do you do this?? Which tab under Game Setup??
Go to the game setup page and click on the action bar at the bottom. It's in the league setting tab.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #89
neohemp
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Has anyone done a file with all the transactions up to this month? Just curious cos I really want one and I'm lazy.. :-D
neohemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #90
Tom the Fish
Major Leagues

Thanked 73x in 38 posts
I'm four games into the regular season and I can't view the Major Transaction News or the Complete Transaction News without the game crashing.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #91
aphoward
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
Thanks for the testing, I think that's what I'll do. It would allow me to get a little more accurate on injuries anyway.

Thanks again.

If you're going to do this, can you tell us if there is a way to export/import these rosters into a real world setting, for those of us that want to modify the structure, etc? I believe you mentioned before that you found out how to do this without losing financial info, but you never told us how.

Andrew Howard
aphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #92
redsox12
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
This was probably answered, but I am lazy. Does the set have correct finances for each league (ie, Albert Pujols doesn't sign with the Dominican Winter League)? If not, how do I get this set to work with that accurate world template that was released?
redsox12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #93
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphoward
If you're going to do this, can you tell us if there is a way to export/import these rosters into a real world setting, for those of us that want to modify the structure, etc? I believe you mentioned before that you found out how to do this without losing financial info, but you never told us how.
Yes I think it's possible but I never got around to testing the file out to make sure that it didn't cause crashes. I'm going to try and put out a world build with every release including AA forward (plus a regular MLB structure release), so once I figure this out and make sure it works okay, I'll post step-by-step directions for anyone else who wants to do the same.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 AM   #94
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

Thanked 11x in 6 posts
Thanks for all the hard work...

Cubby, do u think that I should wait until you are finished or just start with this one now. I'm doing a Pirates dynasty that focuses on the major league team anyways, is the AA/A/SS all random or are the top players in the league close to realistic. I don't know if you imported an old OOTP league, or started all over with this one. Right now I'm using the world template with your 06 V6.5 rosters, which import a little messed up and I don't really like the way the world leagues play into the dynasty, because all the free agents, like Kevin Brown and Rafael Palmeiro are signing with Japanese and Dominican teams.

Anyways, start now or wait til you are done? As long as the Double A and other rosters are semi-accurate I'd be happy to start with that. If thats true, then it will be better than the 6.5 rosters, because at least the majors and AAA will be accurate, but if its completely random in the lower minors then I dunno.

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #95
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
It is they aesy to do all the Trade Transaction up to this month just go to a Baseball website that shows are the Trade Transactions from Opening Day to Today. I started one but stopped it because I couldn't get the 40 man Rosters to be as of today,trying to updated injures is hard and so on.
Some people who do get DFA in my league do get traded but their are fictional people that's good to see that Trading is happening for some people who are DFA and I had some people on my team the Orlando Braves a LF who won the AL rookie of the Year,Pat Flynn a Top Propsect and Miguel Tejada get DFA because of the people I drafted in the Rule 5 Draft Peter Orr,Ramon Santiago,James Burries and Tony Blanco and John Greis another Top Prospect but don't even get Traded or Claimed of Waviers just get Released. Also noticed if Draft poeple from lets say A to Rookie Bll in the Rule 5 Draft they get assign to the Minors and also noticed that I drafted a guy named Carlos Perez then a month later I think he was DFA and that shouldn't happen and he should be returned to his orginal team.
My team signed a SS Herman Brennan then a couple days later trade him.
The USA Today Sports Weekly All-Star/World team will be out in a couple of Days for this game.

Last edited by mgom27; 08-09-2006 at 12:44 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #96
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSoxFan
Thanks for all the hard work...

Cubby, do u think that I should wait until you are finished or just start with this one now. I'm doing a Pirates dynasty that focuses on the major league team anyways, is the AA/A/SS all random or are the top players in the league close to realistic. I don't know if you imported an old OOTP league, or started all over with this one. Right now I'm using the world template with your 06 V6.5 rosters, which import a little messed up and I don't really like the way the world leagues play into the dynasty, because all the free agents, like Kevin Brown and Rafael Palmeiro are signing with Japanese and Dominican teams.

Anyways, start now or wait til you are done? As long as the Double A and other rosters are semi-accurate I'd be happy to start with that. If thats true, then it will be better than the 6.5 rosters, because at least the majors and AAA will be accurate, but if its completely random in the lower minors then I dunno.
The only rough part is that there's some "super" prospects in the low minors that I haven't re-rated, that are WAY too high as far as ratings in line with the league. If you want to start now, I'd suggest just skimming through the teams low minors and seeing if there's any guys who have like an 80 for potential or around there and dumb down their ratings.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #97
GoldenGlove
Major Leagues

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Cubby,

I came across something earlier. Cleveland's AZL team for some reason has an "All Levels" instead of "Rookie" attached to it, so it is superceding AAA. It can be seen if you go to a player page, click on action, then transaction, and it'll say demote for lower levels, but for AZL, it says promote. I think this came about when you added them because of the odd number team issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Let me know if you see the same thing.
GoldenGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #98
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I'm seeing this as well but I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried changing the entire league to a different type, then switching it back, but it remains the same. Any thoughts crowd?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #99
beltre13
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer
Go to the game setup page and click on the action bar at the bottom. It's in the league setting tab.
man i feel really stupid about this, but i cant find a place to turn off all ai movement. all i can do is turn off fianances and trading...
beltre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #100
Zeyes
All Star Reserve

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltre13
i cant find a place to turn off all ai movement. all i can do is turn off fianances and trading...
See the pop-up menu in the screenshot.
Attached Images
Zeyes is offline   Reply With Quote