Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #1801
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,129
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,284
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
Well here's a link to my issue
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...s-i-found.html
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #1802
zukes
All Star Starter
 
zukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, Ont. Canada
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 107
Thanked 97x in 83 posts
Just had a strange bug, I finished off a shut out and before clicking the final time to clear the final play by play and go tot he box score, I clicked on my pitcher. When it went out of the player screen, it started a 10th inning....in a 12-0 game.


I will try to re-create it next game.

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #1803
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 258
Thanked 1,444x in 916 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Just had a strange bug, I finished off a shut out and before clicking the final time to clear the final play by play and go tot he box score, I clicked on my pitcher. When it went out of the player screen, it started a 10th inning....in a 12-0 game.

I will try to re-create it next game.
Do you have a box score?
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #1804
zukes
All Star Starter
 
zukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, Ont. Canada
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 107
Thanked 97x in 83 posts
I forget how to post an image

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 11:24 PM.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 PM   #1805
zukes
All Star Starter
 
zukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, Ont. Canada
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 107
Thanked 97x in 83 posts
figured it out
Attached Images
Image 

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 11:55 PM.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1806
JuliusR
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Not sure if this is a bug or an unnecessary side effect, but... When players go to the NPB (started with KBO, NPB, and MLB on a quick start) they get randomly demoted to the ni-gun league (AA). I edited players stats to make him a MVP level player in the MLB and tested him in Japan, he was immediately demoted to AA. Tried popularity, demoted. Tried adaptability, demoted. Tried other teams, different contracts, different players, all demoted. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a fix other than checking the allow players to refuse demotion?
JuliusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #1807
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,129
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,284
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusR View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or an unnecessary side effect, but... When players go to the NPB (started with KBO, NPB, and MLB on a quick start) they get randomly demoted to the ni-gun league (AA). I edited players stats to make him a MVP level player in the MLB and tested him in Japan, he was immediately demoted to AA. Tried popularity, demoted. Tried adaptability, demoted. Tried other teams, different contracts, different players, all demoted. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a fix other than checking the allow players to refuse demotion?
Your issue had to do with service time. There's an option that restarts service time if they move from one league to another. I believe 5 years is the limit. So if they have less than five years in the preseason they get sent down to the minors but once spring training starts they get called back. Once they hit 5 years service it will stop
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #1808
Maverick_96
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hey guys, I'm here visiting from the /r/ootp subreddit because I couldn't figure out my issue over there. I might stay though, because this forum is cool as hell.

Anyways, here's my issue...https://imgur.com/zC1vilZ
Ratings bars are totally gone on the new save I just started. Its not only player ratings, but all the finances and "fan interest," "fan support," etc. Anybody know what causes this and if there's a fix?

Additionally, I should mention that Steam apparently updated my game a few days back. When completed, I tried loading a save I had put 90+ hours (and 7 in game seasons) into and it said the file was "created in another version of OOTP and must be imported" or something of that nature. Only problem was, that game was started on '16 and never imported. So I did some searching and basically diagnosed it as a corrupted file, but I'm still not sure how this happened.

These are the first two bugs I've ever encountered playing OOTP games, and I've dedicated hundreds of hours into the last few installments of the baseball series. I'll be picking up FHM next time its on sale haha...So if any of you know what my issues are, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maverick_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #1809
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,129
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,284
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_96 View Post
Hey guys, I'm here visiting from the /r/ootp subreddit because I couldn't figure out my issue over there. I might stay though, because this forum is cool as hell.

Anyways, here's my issue...https://imgur.com/zC1vilZ
Ratings bars are totally gone on the new save I just started. Its not only player ratings, but all the finances and "fan interest," "fan support," etc. Anybody know what causes this and if there's a fix?

Additionally, I should mention that Steam apparently updated my game a few days back. When completed, I tried loading a save I had put 90+ hours (and 7 in game seasons) into and it said the file was "created in another version of OOTP and must be imported" or something of that nature. Only problem was, that game was started on '16 and never imported. So I did some searching and basically diagnosed it as a corrupted file, but I'm still not sure how this happened.

These are the first two bugs I've ever encountered playing OOTP games, and I've dedicated hundreds of hours into the last few installments of the baseball series. I'll be picking up FHM next time its on sale haha...So if any of you know what my issues are, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum even though I am not familiar with your issue I'm sure you're going to get the help you need and maybe you should stick around this is the only place we can actually have direct contact with the creators of the game
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #1810
Maverick_96
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_96 View Post
Hey guys, I'm here visiting from the /r/ootp subreddit because I couldn't figure out my issue over there. I might stay though, because this forum is cool as hell.

Anyways, here's my issue...https://imgur.com/zC1vilZ
Ratings bars are totally gone on the new save I just started. Its not only player ratings, but all the finances and "fan interest," "fan support," etc. Anybody know what causes this and if there's a fix?

Additionally, I should mention that Steam apparently updated my game a few days back. When completed, I tried loading a save I had put 90+ hours (and 7 in game seasons) into and it said the file was "created in another version of OOTP and must be imported" or something of that nature. Only problem was, that game was started on '16 and never imported. So I did some searching and basically diagnosed it as a corrupted file, but I'm still not sure how this happened.

These are the first two bugs I've ever encountered playing OOTP games, and I've dedicated hundreds of hours into the last few installments of the baseball series. I'll be picking up FHM next time its on sale haha...So if any of you know what my issues are, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Well...turns out the game, for some odd reason, changed the global settings to show "ratings only" instead of "bars and ratings." I can't believe I missed this, so I apologize for bumping the thread for that non-issue.

However, if anybody has any tips for preventing my issue #2, the corrupt save file, please let me know. I'll be sure to back up my saves once or twice a season from here on out, but if there are additional measures let me know!
Maverick_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #1811
JuliusR
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Your issue had to do with service time. There's an option that restarts service time if they move from one league to another. I believe 5 years is the limit. So if they have less than five years in the preseason they get sent down to the minors but once spring training starts they get called back. Once they hit 5 years service it will stop
Hmm, still no luck. Players like Wily Mo Pena are getting demoted despite starting in Japan. I also moved Jonny Gomes to Japan as well, with his service time intact, and he keeps getting demoted to AA.
JuliusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #1812
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 46
Thanks: 9
Thanked 7x in 6 posts
file crashes when I click 'league transactions' sometimes. It's not specific to a particular save but on occasion (not every time) whenever i click on league transactions it crashes for some reason. What would cause this?

Last edited by tyrionbro; 02-10-2016 at 01:21 PM.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #1813
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,129
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,284
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Anyone got anything about this?
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #1814
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 258
Thanked 1,444x in 916 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusR View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or an unnecessary side effect, but... When players go to the NPB (started with KBO, NPB, and MLB on a quick start) they get randomly demoted to the ni-gun league (AA). I edited players stats to make him a MVP level player in the MLB and tested him in Japan, he was immediately demoted to AA. Tried popularity, demoted. Tried adaptability, demoted. Tried other teams, different contracts, different players, all demoted. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a fix other than checking the allow players to refuse demotion?
NPB has a foreign players limit. Maybe that's the problem.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #1815
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,129
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,284
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
I was told to post here but has been ignored I guess I'll try uploading the league files too then
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #1816
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve
 
t-bone shuffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The dull edge of the blade
Posts: 808
Thanks: 153
Thanked 144x in 79 posts
Age maximum's

OOTP 16, game imported from 15.

Just discovered that AI operated teams have players on their Short A rosters who exceed the maximum age limit (25). There are 2 SA leagues in this game, but this is happening in only one league. My SA team is in the league in question, yet the game will correctly block me from moving an age exceeded player to this team.

No limit on the roster size at this level.

Obviously a bug of some type. Let me know if you want to see league files.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #1817
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 258
Thanked 1,444x in 916 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
OOTP 16, game imported from 15.

Just discovered that AI operated teams have players on their Short A rosters who exceed the maximum age limit (25). There are 2 SA leagues in this game, but this is happening in only one league. My SA team is in the league in question, yet the game will correctly block me from moving an age exceeded player to this team.

No limit on the roster size at this level.

Obviously a bug of some type. Let me know if you want to see league files.
If it's only happening in one league, maybe you should double-check your settings.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #1818
zukes
All Star Starter
 
zukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, Ont. Canada
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 107
Thanked 97x in 83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
figured it out
Definite bug, testing this cost me a game. Luckily it was meaningless, but still. Here's the box score. The bug is clicking on your pitcher after the last out when you are winning in a road game. It adds a 10th inning regardless of score.
Attached Images
Image 
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #1819
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve
 
t-bone shuffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The dull edge of the blade
Posts: 808
Thanks: 153
Thanked 144x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
If it's only happening in one league, maybe you should double-check your settings.
I did that prior to posting this. Both leagues have a max age setting of 25. The one league has quite a few players well into their 30's.

Both leagues set for maximum age at 25 with no roster size limits.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #1820
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 258
Thanked 1,444x in 916 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
I did that prior to posting this. Both leagues have a max age setting of 25. The one league has quite a few players well into their 30's.

Both leagues set for maximum age at 25 with no roster size limits.
Not sure what's going on, then.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments