Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Rebalancing Perfect League Divisions?

I talked (very briefly) to Kris about this in Discord, it seems this is already being discussed.

I want to bring some attention to the specifics:

The now existing Perfect Leagues will not change in their setup much but the initial "deployment" brought some imbalances that I think should be addressed in order that everyone enjoys it more.

To give in example, The NC East Division in Perfect League .337 has three super-stacked whales in it. This is very top-heavy considering some of the other divisions, especially in the AC. I'm sure there are other examples but this one stuck out to me as I am involved.

I don't suggest that re-balancing should be done regularly - more like once after they have been filled.

Is this something for consideration next week? (as doing it rather sooner than later would be better).
touya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
noragar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 12x in 9 posts
Did they say somewhere that the Perfect League divisions wouldn't be reshuffled every offseason like in all of the other levels?
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:16 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,523x in 4,137 posts
I'm pretty sure that teams are assigned to divisions randomly within a league, so if the top teams in a league happen to end up in the same division, that may simply be randomness at play.

We're discussing other ways to handle promotions and reforming leagues, so we may look at how teams are assigned to divisions as well. But I can't say if and when any changes would happen.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BoofBonser26 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Thanked 498x in 281 posts
There should be Champions league above Perfect where only reigning Perfect Champs go. At the end of the Champions season, only the Champions Champions stay to face incoming new reigning Perfect Champs, while the previous teams relegate back to Perfect hoping to win their way back into the Champions Leagues.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
traylor45 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 427x in 306 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
There should be Champions league above Perfect where only reigning Perfect Champs go. At the end of the Champions season, only the Champions Champions stay to face incoming new reigning Perfect Champs, while the previous teams relegate back to Perfect hoping to win their way back into the Champions Leagues.
This is where the idea of tournaments come in. Something that will be added in the next version?

Righty Power hitting team

Lefty Custom
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
traylor45
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
True, but there should be something like this implemented here as well.

If you have promotion/relegation, then you are trying to become the best. You can't really have that if there are 30 "bests" in the Perfect division every year.

There should be an MLB level where only the top 30 teams go each season so that we can see who the "best" truly is.

I mean, the whales aren't spending big bucks bc they want to be "one of" the best, they to be "the" best.

Last edited by traylor45; 12-31-2018 at 08:07 PM.
traylor45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #7
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thanked 845x in 527 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traylor45 View Post
True, but there should be something like this implemented here as well.

If you have promotion/relegation, then you are trying to become the best. You can't really have that if there are 30 "bests" in the Perfect division every year.

There should be an MLB level where only the top 30 teams go each season so that we can see who the "best" truly is.

I mean, the whales aren't spending big bucks bc they want to be "one of" the best, they to be "the" best.
Then after that, somebody will want a league where all the past champions can play. Then why not a league where only teams with multiple past championships can play, then a league...
Old 01-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #8
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Thanked 886x in 528 posts
If I'm not in first place, then the game is broken.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
CrazyWR (01-01-2019), Kushiel (01-01-2019), Orcin (01-01-2019), uschi_baerchen (01-03-2019), Zorro (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,385x in 3,638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
If I'm not in first place, then the game is broken.
This statement could sum up a lot of the threads on this forum.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
CrazyWR (01-01-2019), NYY #23 (01-01-2019), uschi_baerchen (01-03-2019), Zorro (01-01-2019), zrog2000 (01-01-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #10
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 82x in 48 posts
Wait, the perfect leagues are not all going to get reshuffled next season? Does that mean if i stay in my league we will only have 18 teams again next year??
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 124x in 67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by touya View Post
I talked (very briefly) to Kris about this in Discord, it seems this is already being discussed.

I want to bring some attention to the specifics:

The now existing Perfect Leagues will not change in their setup much but the initial "deployment" brought some imbalances that I think should be addressed in order that everyone enjoys it more.

To give in example, The NC East Division in Perfect League .337 has three super-stacked whales in it. This is very top-heavy considering some of the other divisions, especially in the AC. I'm sure there are other examples but this one stuck out to me as I am involved.

I don't suggest that re-balancing should be done regularly - more like once after they have been filled.

Is this something for consideration next week? (as doing it rather sooner than later would be better).
This doesnt just happen in perfect leagues, it happened to me in gold and diamond. In both cases, 4th place in my division was the 4th best record in the subleague for most of the season, and 5th best in the 30 team league.

Its the luck of the draw. Just look at the AL east in real baseball. Two 100 win teams, and tampa even had 90.

Perhaps just a reshuffle within the leagues tiers would suffice each reset.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #12
traylor45
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Then after that, somebody will want a league where all the past champions can play. Then why not a league where only teams with multiple past championships can play, then a league...
And your point is?

People usually play games to compete and be the best. I'm all for a tournament of champions, and once our champions list gets to big, I'm all for a tournament of multiple champions.

Those are both great ideas yet you seem to think this is some sort of slippery slope.
traylor45 is offline   Reply With Quote