Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
Ed26
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Can i turn off auto line-up?

When ever i set up my line up and i sim one week, and i go back and check it, my line up is totally different. it seems like the AI sets up the line up again after simulating a game. is there a way to turn that off? i've looked at every option and i can't find it.
Ed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,580x in 2,163 posts
Look on your manager options page.
Ed26 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,177x in 3,164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed26 View Post
When ever i set up my line up and i sim one week, and i go back and check it, my line up is totally different. it seems like the AI sets up the line up again after simulating a game. is there a way to turn that off? i've looked at every option and i can't find it.
There are so many variables that occur when simming that the AI can make changes. This is likely to prevent crashes. These changes are in proportion to the differences between what you and the AI think the lineup and batting order should be. You should have the AI set the lineups after you have to see how much you disagree. The extent of the disagreement will give you a hint of how different things will be when the AI makes changes.

Do you also set the depth chart? This is tricky especially if you platoon hitters. A couple of variables in the second day of a sim can result in some funky lineups as indicated above. I avoid setting any subs by game ie every 7th game. If a sub is double booked (ie primary sub on two or more positions) the AI will make the first move but the second is no longer available. Same thing if an injury occurs. The missing sub now being used will affect both in-game subs and injury subs. I don't use depth charts generally.

The only way to guarantee your desired lineup and batting order for multi-day sims is to use 7-day lineups and do not allow subs. This requires you to monitor fatigue and make these subs manually on the 7-day lineup screen. If a player gets injured the AI will use the depth chart if set but the batting order is likely to be changed as indicated above. I do this in my leagues and it works fine with sims of one week or less. I like this because I control who plays what positions. I can insert a utility player 2-3 game in a row or make sure a DtD injury plays when he has recovered.

I'll be asking for a 14-day lineup for v16.

RichW

"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Ed26
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Look on your manager options page.
well i'm blind. i was searching through every single setting but never saw the manager options. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
There are so many variables that occur when simming that the AI can make changes. This is likely to prevent crashes. These changes are in proportion to the differences between what you and the AI think the lineup and batting order should be. You should have the AI set the lineups after you have to see how much you disagree. The extent of the disagreement will give you a hint of how different things will be when the AI makes changes.

Do you also set the depth chart? This is tricky especially if you platoon hitters. A couple of variables in the second day of a sim can result in some funky lineups as indicated above. I avoid setting any subs by game ie every 7th game. If a sub is double booked (ie primary sub on two or more positions) the AI will make the first move but the second is no longer available. Same thing if an injury occurs. The missing sub now being used will affect both in-game subs and injury subs. I don't use depth charts generally.

The only way to guarantee your desired lineup and batting order for multi-day sims is to use 7-day lineups and do not allow subs. This requires you to monitor fatigue and make these subs manually on the 7-day lineup screen. If a player gets injured the AI will use the depth chart if set but the batting order is likely to be changed as indicated above. I do this in my leagues and it works fine with sims of one week or less. I like this because I control who plays what positions. I can insert a utility player 2-3 game in a row or make sure a DtD injury plays when he has recovered.

I'll be asking for a 14-day lineup for v16.
Thanks, but i went to the manager options, and fixed it there. I'm at the moment playing through the minors, and if i encounter this problem again through the majors i'll do this.

Last edited by Ed26; 07-15-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Ed26 is offline   Reply With Quote