Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
vinions
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
No more goalies. How can I continue

So this happened to me in FHM3 and now again in FHM4.

Playing in WHL. Goalie gets injured. I have no other available goalies. Nothing in farm (none + when I try to sign one, says I don't own WHL rights). Nothing as draftees (too young). None available in free agency. And it's after trading deadline.

Now I can't continue anymore 'cause I'm missing a player (goalie). How can I continue? Does AI Setup Organization help? Would it mess everything up?
vinions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #2
Lord PichuPal
Major Leagues
 
Lord PichuPal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 389
Thanks: 305
Thanked 86x in 67 posts
Hm, are you doing a challenge mode? If not, you can enable commissioner mode and manually add a goalie from somewhere to your team. Otherwise keep trying to check all the other related junior leagues below the WHL for any goalie who's available and try to sign one, like the NAHL or USHL, Alberta Juniors, etc. There's bound to be at least one somewhere you can find.
__________________
FHM Beta Tester and lifelong Red Wings fanatic
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #3
omjo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 259
Thanks: 30
Thanked 67x in 45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinions View Post
So this happened to me in FHM3 and now again in FHM4.

Playing in WHL. Goalie gets injured. I have no other available goalies. Nothing in farm (none + when I try to sign one, says I don't own WHL rights). Nothing as draftees (too young). None available in free agency. And it's after trading deadline.

Now I can't continue anymore 'cause I'm missing a player (goalie). How can I continue? Does AI Setup Organization help? Would it mess everything up?
Bring up or sign a few extra players and assign their position as goalies.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 9,556
Thanks: 96
Thanked 8,546x in 2,875 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Bring up or sign a few extra players and assign their position as goalies.
Yeah, that's the best emergency solution - you can switch their position to goalie temporarily and it'll allow you to fill the lineup with them until you can get a proper goalie.

But you should also be able to immediately sign goalies directly off most of the rosters of the four western Junior A leagues (BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, MJHL) or any of the generic Junior B/High School/Juvenile teams. Just search for goalies age 16-19 (20 if you have an open overage spot) and signable and you should get several dozen possibilities.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
GlennN (12-01-2017), Hitsch (12-04-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
vinions
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, that's the best emergency solution - you can switch their position to goalie temporarily and it'll allow you to fill the lineup with them until you can get a proper goalie.

But you should also be able to immediately sign goalies directly off most of the rosters of the four western Junior A leagues (BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, MJHL) or any of the generic Junior B/High School/Juvenile teams. Just search for goalies age 16-19 (20 if you have an open overage spot) and signable and you should get several dozen possibilities.
Yes, I discovered the "changing position" option shortly after I posted this so I got through it. Thankfully the goalie was only out 1-2 weeks so this fake-goalie only played once (and cost me that game).

I did try a couple of teams in BCHL. Also got the "don't own WHL rights" message but I didn't try the rest of them. Will do next time.
vinions is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments