Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #1
andy m
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
auto manager minors peculiarity

i haven't done a whole lot of time with OOTP5, but something i have noticed is that if i have a lot of minor leaguers, and i use the auto manager option, it will put A ball calibre players in AAA if their position is occupied in A ball. personally i don't want to micro manager and control the minors when in single player mode so i find this a bit of a pain.

wouldn't it make most sense to keep A ball calibre players down on the A team regardless of whether they were getting a regular game or not? it certainly doesn't help a players development to throw a 19 year old in against AAA level pitching.

apologies if this has been raised already, i did a search but didn't come across anything similar.
andy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
A simple solution to that is to not fill the minors when you already have a lot of minor leaguers.
dbacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
andy m
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i have an average 20 players per level (and 16 of those are in single A), which is less than the 25 i have on the major league roster obviously. i do not think i am doing anything particularly outlandish here. your suggestion excuses a problem with the game (albeit a minutely small one), which i personally think could do with tweaking. thanks for your input though, even if i disagree with it.

Last edited by andy m; 04-09-2003 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:31 PM   #4
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 231x in 163 posts
I'm assuming that the minors report is what indicates the player is an 'A baller'. If not there may be some further issues to look into. (Is this with OOTP4 or OOTP5?)

I think what is happening here occurs because players develop better with playing time. As a result, in the effort to get the player some playing time to allow him to develop the AI has moved him to the level that will allow him to get some playing time. The playing time should allow the player to develop better than rotting on the bench, although rushing him could potentially have a negative impact.

But chances are that this is occurring because of the playing time situation.

I personally probably wouldn't have promoted an A baller to AAA to get him playing time, but I have frequently rushed an A baller to AA to get him more playing time. In those cases I always choose the lessor of the two prospects and make the move only when there is no other way to get the player in the lineup.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:37 PM   #5
andy m
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
hi Scott, yes - this is OOTP5. i have included a screenshot of one of my current guys on the AAA roster after an 'auto manage' update.

it doesn't happen in great numbers, there is only 1 of these guys on my AAA roster at present, though i have noticed 2 or 3 of them at other times. and i agree with your comments on putting a player in AA if you need to get him playing time, just AAA seems a little too much