Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #161
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Feature Request for Next Version:

Add the ability to vote for custom awards. My league has additional awards for best reliever and best GM that we handle outside the game.

Thanks. Loving this utility so far!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #162
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,178x in 443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Feature Request for Next Version:

Add the ability to vote for custom awards. My league has additional awards for best reliever and best GM that we handle outside the game.

Thanks. Loving this utility so far!
Patch 2.1 is now available with the ability to vote for a custom award as well as a GM of the Year award.

Also, miscellaneous fixes to some minor issues.

Use the same download link as for Patch 2.
2 thanks for this post:
gollum65 (10-22-2009), Stu (10-22-2009)
Old 10-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #163
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Patch 2.1 is now available with the ability to vote for a custom award as well as a GM of the Year award.

Also, miscellaneous fixes to some minor issues.

Use the same download link as for Patch 2.
Wow, that was quick.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #164
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
Great additions, especially with the HoF voting module. Question: What are the "Hall of Fame Standards" categories for hitters and pitchers in the module? Standards for what? Hits? Homers? SBs? For pitchers is it Wins? Saves? Ks? I don't understand what I'm supposed to put for either of those options.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #165
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollum65 View Post
Great additions, especially with the HoF voting module. Question: What are the "Hall of Fame Standards" categories for hitters and pitchers in the module? Standards for what? Hits? Homers? SBs? For pitchers is it Wins? Saves? Ks? I don't understand what I'm supposed to put for either of those options.
There's a HOF standards stat in the Career Metrics utility. You'll find it at the bottom of each player's page and I believe you can sort by it as well.

According to baseball-reference the average HOFer should be around 50.
gollum65 (10-22-2009)
Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #166
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
Thanks Stu. Never heard of that before.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #167
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

You can find detail on how HOF Standards is calculated here: Baseball Reference Glossary

The metric was designed to reflect major league baseball and its HOF voting history, so it's likely that your league will have a slightly different scale of what's good and what's not.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #168
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
Thanks. Would our scale be lower or higher then 50? One problem we had at the start of the league in 2008 season was that somehow all the hall of famers vanished from the game file. So I ended up importing about 25 of the biggest names in the game (Ruth, Gehrig, Mays, etc) so the most revered stats in the game would have a benchmark in our league. But we still have a lot of hall of famers who were never added back to the league. Plus, we've of course inducted our own guys as the league has progressed.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #169
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks. Would our scale be lower or higher then 50? One problem we had at the start of the league in 2008 season was that somehow all the hall of famers vanished from the game file. So I ended up importing about 25 of the biggest names in the game (Ruth, Gehrig, Mays, etc) so the most revered stats in the game would have a benchmark in our league. But we still have a lot of hall of famers who were never added back to the league. Plus, we've of course inducted our own guys as the league has progressed.
It really depends on your league settings. If you're playing a league based on the real major leagues, then it's probably a good fit for your league. If your teams only play 100 games a year, then something a little lower than 50 might be a good bench mark. I think it makes more sense to look at the values relative to other players in your league rather than thinking of a specific number as a cutoff. That's probably true for all stats.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #170
Stu
All Star Starter

Thanked 17x in 9 posts
And keep in mind that 50 is the "average" HOFer so you might want to go with something lower to make sure those borderline guys appear on the ballot.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #171
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Does using this StatsLab patch require you to be on OOTP 10.4.29 (or the coming 10.4.30)?

Meaning if you are still using 10.2.16 or 10.2.18 can you use this new patched version of StatsLab?
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #172
Alan T
All Star Starter

Thanked 136x in 94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snnort View Post
Does using this StatsLab patch require you to be on OOTP 10.4.29 (or the coming 10.4.30)?

Meaning if you are still using 10.2.16 or 10.2.18 can you use this new patched version of StatsLab?
Using this patch on 10.2.16 I think will break some stuff but not everything. I don't remember exactly what it is that breaks, fhomess will have to provide more in the way of specifics I fear!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #173
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Using this patch on 10.2.16 I think will break some stuff but not everything. I don't remember exactly what it is that breaks, fhomess will have to provide more in the way of specifics I fear!
Correct. There were some changes to the data dump that require the latest patch. Specifically:
1. Player ratings are reported differently - affecting development, ratings, and the draft util.
2. The players_league_leaders table had a fix made to it, which affects the HOF Metrics calculations (Black/Gray Ink), and the StatsLab player pages that display this information.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #174
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
I'm fairly certain I mentioned this issue before, and I assume others have as well. Is there anything that can be done about how slow the draft war room is to load? It typically takes more then 2 minutes for me, and I've had other GMs in my league report it not loading after 15 minutes. I assume this problem is due to having a full 900 player draft class like the real MLB, but it shouldn't take that long to load every time should it?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #175
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Is this not a reflection of the speed of the server that StatsLab is on AND the internet connection of the user to the server?
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #176
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
The rest of the modules in the utility load in less then a second. And slow internet connections for 30 different people all over the world?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #177
Recte44
Global Moderator

Thanked 176x in 104 posts
Widgets admin isn't able to find the folder....problem is that everytime I type it in, when I click save the utility adds extra "/" every time.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #178
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The rest of the modules in the utility load in less then a second. And slow internet connections for 30 different people all over the world?
This page can take a while to load, which is part of why the setting to limit the number of players displayed is there. I had not heard of any queries taking quite this long to load, however. I'm happy to look at making this page more efficient if you can provide me (via PM) with a GM login that you don't mind me using to watch the page load. I don't need to change/save any team settings, but do need to determine if there's certain behavior going on. My test leagues never took much more than 5 seconds to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Widgets admin isn't able to find the folder....problem is that everytime I type it in, when I click save the utility adds extra "/" every time.
Can you PM me an example of the following:
1. Your HTML root directory setting
2. Your widget directory setting as you enter it
3. Your widget directory setting as it looks afterward.
4. The "Folder XXX not found" message you're getting.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #179
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
PM sent. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #180
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 29x in 23 posts
Is it possible for this utility to import existing development information from Getch's utility?