Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Thanked 146x in 88 posts
historic league, modern rules?

okay so I am trying to figure out the best way to start a league with historic players but with modern rules/stadium sizes. So you won't see as many triples or wins from the 1880-1910 era.

what is the best way to do this? I was considering just doing a normal historic league and starting it in 1901 without importing historical stats, but then that would be unfair to guys like Cy Young who would be around 34 yrs old already

Any problems you guys see with my idea if starting in 1871 or whatever year I can? like not enough starting pitchers in the early days?

I am planning to use the highschool database that imports all the players at 18 including negro league and japanese league players (I think that is what it does). sort of like an alternate universe MLB
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thanked 3,230x in 1,899 posts
Using that db and starting in 1871 you will have enough pitchers but you'll still need to check that one team doesn't have 10 and another 0, which is always possible even if a reasonable number of pitchers exist.

You'll still have lots of errors and triples though. To adjust those you'll need to edit the era_stats file found in the database folder. Beware that if you change HR's in this file you can get runaway HR modifiers. The rest of the items in this file seem to be more in control but HR's can get all "Milton Bradley" and run away on you.

I just put the latest version of the db you are referring to on the ftp site about 10 minutes ago and yes, that is what it does.

I forgot to mention that you might think about starting Roster Sizes at 15 in 1871 and adding another player to the size every two years until you get to 25 or so. Otherwise you get a bunch of players that don't play very much and are perhaps better off in the minors. That is because pitching staffs are only 1 or 2 pitchers and if you have a 25 man roster it means 23 position players would be available an that is a few too many to get players playing time.

Last edited by Spritze; 05-07-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
rogmax11
All Star Starter

Thanked 51x in 30 posts
Will the latest of your dbs work with V11, Spritze? And do you mean that the HR numbers going wacko is still an issue as referenced above, or that your latest iteration fixes ( or at least abates ) the problem?

Oh, and will the db containing expanded player entries (NPL, Negro leaguers, etc.), be accessible through Add-on Central?
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thanked 3,230x in 1,899 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmax11 View Post
Will the latest of your dbs work with V11, Spritze? And do you mean that the HR numbers going wacko is still an issue as referenced above, or that your latest iteration fixes ( or at least abates ) the problem?

Oh, and will the db containing expanded player entries (NPL, Negro leaguers, etc.), be accessible through Add-on Central?
My DB's will ONLY work with OOTP11.

Those HR modifier numbers were brought up in OOTP11 discussions but I am not aware of the outcome. I don't know if I'm not aware because I forgot or because I never knew. If you try this please let us know the results.

Add-On Central = No?
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote