Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
DCarducc
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Help needed with crash on Mac after installing stadiums from ootpmods

Hi,

First, I love the updates in this game. I'm a new user as of OOTP18 and have become addicted.

Here are the problems I am having. All occur after I go to add-on central and install old-time stadiums and 3D facegens of historic players.

1. I can't begin a new historic game. I'll do what I usually do, checking a year like 1975 and real minor leagues. Almost as soon as I click to continue, the game crashes.

2. If I try to play a 2018 game, there are all kinds of crazy 3D glitches. For example: the pitcher winds up, you don't see the ball, and then all of a sudden the ball is hit to the outfield. Then, instead of the outfielder throwing the ball back in, the catcher suddenly has the ball and throws it to second. After a few at bats like this, the game eventually crashes.

I am using a brand new 2018 MacBook Pro purchased just last week. It ran OOTP 2018 perfectly.

I'm guessing this is an issue with installing new ballparks? As soon as I click settings>troubleshooting>force game data re-installation ... everything seems to work again... until I try to upload the old-time ballparks again.

Do you have any suggestions?

One last unrelated question. The default apparently in-game for the scoreboard is apparently to show just the score of the game with the inning to the right. I like seeing the extended score with runs from every inning. Is there a way to toggle that back on? I see it is available from screenshots and Markus' video from last week, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Best regards, and thank you in advance for any help!

Dave

Last edited by DCarducc; 03-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.
DCarducc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Does this happen with the default ballparks or only with the modded ones?

With any in-game 3d craziness/crashes the first thing to try is to go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the Audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the quality.

Does that help?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
DCarducc
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

With any in-game 3d craziness/crashes the first thing to try is to go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the Audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the quality.

Does that help?
Hi Lukas,

Thanks. It happens with the default ballparks. I'll try changing the audience detail and see what happens.

Everything works fine until I install the old-time ballparks, but I'm not able to use the old-time ballparks because the game crashes while setting up ... right after I choose what year I want to play and whether or not I want to use real minor leagues.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll update on if changing the 3d setting fixes the problem tonight.

Dave
Old 03-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #4
DCarducc
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

Does that help?
Hi Lukas,

I tried adjusting the audience detail, but it didn't fix the problems. Still crashes. Still can't get a historic season to start.