Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
team colors still stuck in beta version

so the small labels, info screen at top of game (1-9, etc), players widgets, other widgets are all still messed up. Even though I have release day version installed.

Help anyone?
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:58 AM   #2
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 8x in 5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
so the small labels, info screen at top of game (1-9, etc), players widgets, other widgets are all still messed up. Even though I have release day version installed.

Help anyone?

You’re not the only one. Hopefully they willing fix this in the next patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 04:02 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,543x in 6,126 posts
Can you please post a screenshot? I am not sure what you mean.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:41 AM   #4
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Can you please post a screenshot? I am not sure what you mean.

what Im referring to are things like the "small labels". The colors schemes are not right. As Dodgers or Yankees, if I select "small labels" then the both appear as white backgrounds with black font and is blurry. And the colors are not right for the teams on the out of town scoreboards. This was the same problem in the beta, but you when posted then, you said the release day patch would fix. It did. But I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. And even though Ive reinstalled the release day version of the game, I still get this problem.

Last edited by Xogo; 03-24-2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:56 AM   #5
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
Name:  smalllabels.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  350.5 KB
Old 03-24-2018, 05:05 AM   #6
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
sorry. i cant figure out how to make the pic smaller.

so you see the odd "small labels" colors

also, at the top its still white font on gunmetal grey as background.

this is the way it was in beta for me. When i first installed the patch, it was fixed. But i had to uninstall and reinstall the game, and even though this is the release day version, it still looks messed up.

other things like players races being off and weird facegens are being created. Such as on my Dodgers team, there will be a facegen player, but he will have another teams cap and uniform on.

in uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times now. even made sure to delete every folder related to OOTP myself after the game was uninstalled.

another odd thing is even though i do total uninstall, when i reinstall, the "override DPI" box is already checked in the properties of the shortcut to the game and the game already shows me logged in on the main screen.

i really want to fix this because i know its not correct. but ive totally uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Ive done both reinstall the beta and then update with release day patch, and ive also just installed new from the release day .exe. Same problems are happening regardless.

it seems to me the game is not totally uninstalling or some old beta files are somehow stuck on my pc and its messing things up.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:21 AM   #7
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 83x in 58 posts
That's what I posted about yesterday. The labels are suppose to be in the team colors.I also posted about the players not being the right race.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #8
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
That's what I posted about yesterday. The labels are suppose to be in the team colors.I also posted about the players not being the right race.
did you install the beta or just the released day verson. I had the beta and this was a problem. But the release day version fixed everything and was perfect. But i had to uninstall the game and reinstall. And even tho Ive reinstalled the released day version, the problem is now back.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
i just fixed mine. this time i uninstalled. i then downloaded the game from the website (not the email link) and installed that version. this is how it looks when correct.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Thank you for this post:
sdw1000 (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #10
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
ok its actually still broken. the above pics are from a 2018 season i started. this pic is from a historical season. see the difference in colors? all the dodgers and yankees are white back ground and black letters. and the game controls are white on grey.
Attached Images
Thank you for this post:
sdw1000 (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #11
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
am i the only one seeing this problem in historical seasons? Please let me know.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Quote:
am i the only one seeing this problem in historical seasons? Please let me know.
From what I can see from what you've posted and from the message I received from you (I think it was yours I'm thinking of, got so many messages ) it seems something is pretty borked in your install.

One thing you might try would be to go to the start screen, then to settings > troubleshooting. On that screen click 'force game data re-installation. Let the game do its thing. Then restart and see if any of the issues you are having clear up. If not, let me know.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-24-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
sdw1000 (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #13
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 83x in 58 posts
It works for big labels just not small ones in modern 3-d. But I'll try that trouble shooting. It's strangely annoying me...lol Everything else so far is ok.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #14
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 83x in 58 posts
Here's what I am getting...

Not sure why the colors are black and white when that's not the right colors. The other team colors seem ok I think. Shouldn't they be both "team colors" and "team text color"?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #15
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
From what I can see from what you've posted and from the message I received from you (I think it was yours I'm thinking of, got so many messages ) it seems something is pretty borked in your install.

One thing you might try would be to go to the start screen, then to settings > troubleshooting. On that screen click 'force game data re-installation. Let the game do its thing. Then restart and see if any of the issues you are having clear up. If not, let me know.
yes i know ive posted a lot as ive tried to troubleshoot and fix myself.

before i do as you suggest, i want to confirm that a known bug is that the color schemes for the labels and widgets when in historical season. is this a known bug you then plan to patch?
Old 03-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Quote:
yes i know ive posted a lot as ive tried to troubleshoot and fix myself.

before i do as you suggest, i want to confirm that a known bug is that the color schemes for the labels and widgets when in historical season. is this a known bug you then plan to patch?
I'm not sure to be honest. I'd need to hear from Matt or Markus on it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #17
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 33 posts
I've got the same problem w/historic leagues. Would be nice to find a fix.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 83x in 58 posts
Strangely it works...for now

Reinstalled and closed the game. Seems to be giving the right colors. I will play another game and tell ya if it's not working again.

(See the score and game there? Bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, 2 outs and Yanks down by 1!)

EDIT: Paul O'Neill flew out to center and Yanks lost.
Attached Images

Last edited by sdw1000; 03-24-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #19
sdw1000
Major Leagues

Thanked 83x in 58 posts
Nope....still screwed up.