Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - New to the Game?

OOTP 18 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
siddharth
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
financial help (Dumb Question)

1.how do i set the payroll and budget for all the team same l
2.how do payroll work because i want the payroll like in nba or nfl and i want to turn off the salary tax
siddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,033x in 839 posts
league settings - Finances tab should have most everything. could glance over teh 3-4 other tabs there too. takes a second. i don't know what you want to do exactly, but those are the options availabe... if possible you'll find it in the settings. finite space to read over.

Make sure you limit Cash on hand to Zero or some small number similar to default value of 10M. this will cause some teams to have more money available... not sure of your intent.. maybe zero is best?

use baelines to guesstimate revenue streams... if you don't want merchandise to cause differences, zero it out... heck, you can zero out gate income too and ensure that the national contract is the ONLY revenue a team gets. (if you want sometign like that, do zero things that scale or depend on other factors as far as profit generated, it will be simpler and easier to control)

e.g. if oyu leave gate revenue in and even sharing 100% will still cause yearly changes to budgets. with 100% sharing it will be evenly applied. This also makes predicting amount of revenue more difficult -- gate revenue is not the same each year. if you want to tightly control revenue, zero this out.

make national contract "same for all" and set it... zero out the local media baseline or make it also "same for all" and add up to the correct value you want... really doesn't matter here.

if you want all ~same budgets, make sure owner does not control it... also in finance settings area. full budget available, not limited by owner.

think about a Salary Cap. may not have any effect if "stock" revenues for all teams.

if all teams have the ~same revenue, then they will all set their total budget in similar ways (how they spend it will still depend on the GM's profile). should be the same, but maybe somethign small causes a little differentiation?? not sure.

you can also "set" budgets with Commissioner mode on. Team Settings - Projected Budget.

tip: if you want a ~300M budget, "298M" will do it... the increase is %, so as you incerase the size of budget, the projected value needs to be a bit further off. smaller and a bit closer... e..g 99M will result in 100M i'd bet.

you can see the "future" but using the Front Office -> Accounting tab to verfiy next years budget value. you can see future Media contracts too.

if a team is expected to be worse, maybe it goes the opposite direction? ie the projected value of 298M becomes a 296M budget instead of 300M. not sure, but that seems possible.. .just depends on what is the cause of the 2M increase from projected value (i don't have losing teams, never seen it that way)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 514x in 412 posts
I'll bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth View Post
1.how do i set the payroll and budget for all the team same l
You cannot do this with one click. You have to manipulate the team incomes across the league to equalize their income. You will have to tweak it every year or five to keep it the way you want.

Quote:
2.how do payroll work because i want the payroll like in nba or nfl and i want to turn off the salary tax
The NFL and NBA have different payroll (salary cap) structures. Baseball does not work well with hard capped leagues. Arbitration involves a large jump in salary and hard salary caps are regularly exceeded.
Payroll follows income and winning. If you strictly control income (revenue) you will have a strong influence over payroll. If you want a league where teams are very similar in payroll and revenue you can build that. If you want a league where teams are identical in payroll and revenue you will have to do a lot of manual work every off season to make it function.

Good luck,
Tom (LP)

Commish/GM B.J.H.L. (OOTP14) Ft. Wayne Barnstormers
(2019-2040)
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #4
siddharth
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
league settings - Finances tab should have most everything. could glance over teh 3-4 other tabs there too. takes a second. i don't know what you want to do exactly, but those are the options availabe... if possible you'll find it in the settings. finite space to read over.

Make sure you limit Cash on hand to Zero or some small number similar to default value of 10M. this will cause some teams to have more money available... not sure of your intent.. maybe zero is best?

use baelines to guesstimate revenue streams... if you don't want merchandise to cause differences, zero it out... heck, you can zero out gate income too and ensure that the national contract is the ONLY revenue a team gets. (if you want sometign like that, do zero things that scale or depend on other factors as far as profit generated, it will be simpler and easier to control)

e.g. if oyu leave gate revenue in and even sharing 100% will still cause yearly changes to budgets. with 100% sharing it will be evenly applied. This also makes predicting amount of revenue more difficult -- gate revenue is not the same each year. if you want to tightly control revenue, zero this out.

make national contract "same for all" and set it... zero out the local media baseline or make it also "same for all" and add up to the correct value you want... really doesn't matter here.

if you want all ~same budgets, make sure owner does not control it... also in finance settings area. full budget available, not limited by owner.

think about a Salary Cap. may not have any effect if "stock" revenues for all teams.

if all teams have the ~same revenue, then they will all set their total budget in similar ways (how they spend it will still depend on the GM's profile). should be the same, but maybe somethign small causes a little differentiation?? not sure.

you can also "set" budgets with Commissioner mode on. Team Settings - Projected Budget.

tip: if you want a ~300M budget, "298M" will do it... the increase is %, so as you incerase the size of budget, the projected value needs to be a bit further off. smaller and a bit closer... e..g 99M will result in 100M i'd bet.

you can see the "future" but using the Front Office -> Accounting tab to verfiy next years budget value. you can see future Media contracts too.

if a team is expected to be worse, maybe it goes the opposite direction? ie the projected value of 298M becomes a 296M budget instead of 300M. not sure, but that seems possible.. .just depends on what is the cause of the 2M increase from projected value (i don't have losing teams, never seen it that way)
is this how it should be - https://ibb.co/f4QrMm
https://ibb.co/iRoBMm
https://ibb.co/gRHtZ6
first it gives 0 budget and same payroll for everyone but after inaugural draft it changes

Last edited by siddharth; 01-11-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #5
siddharth
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
is this how it should be - https://ibb.co/f4QrMm
https://ibb.co/iRoBMm
https://ibb.co/gRHtZ6
first it gives 0 budget and same payroll for everyone but after inaugural draft it changes
?