Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Game Defaulting Back to 2017 Roster

1. I click to start New Custom Game

2. I say No Thanks to Challenge Mode

3. I clicked Advanced Mode to change some settings.
- The Start Year reads "2018"

4. I click to select a New League

5. I click Create Real World League and hit Next Step

6. I return to Advanced Mode and the Start Year has changed to 2017

7. I change the start year back to 2018 and hit enter when I'm still active in the text box.

8. I go ahead and start my League and i begin in 2018 with my Royals, but I still have my 2017 roster with Hosmer, Cain, Vargy, etc.
- I checked the Rockies too just to see if it was only the user controlled team and Greg Holland & Tyler Chatwood are with them
Royals 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Also, if you click the box to Always Launch The Wizard and turn off that option. When a user then returns to the main menu and chooses Custom League, the game kicks back to the main menu.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Lastly, I'm choosing GM & Manager and checking Commissioner Mode when I start if that helps...
Old 03-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
One more thing, the Manager's Office screen when you start shows a goal for 2017 (play .500 ball but I'm sure that's specific to the Royals).

Once you click off that though the goal changes to 2018. Also the beginning date is 3/18/18 for the season.

Buuuuut I still have all the Royals' 2017 players.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #5
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Thanked 423x in 247 posts
To play using the 2018 rosters you need to click "New Standard Game" not custom game
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #6
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisenberg View Post
To play using the 2018 rosters you need to click "New Standard Game" not custom game
Still does 2017 rosters

So I deleted the application from Mac and deleted the downloader. Tried a link again and it still had all my saved games somehow. Not sure where I'm not completely deleting this thing.

Anyway after downloading again the problem still exists.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
To fully uninstall the game you'll want to do the following.

First off, navigate to the following location using Windows Explorer: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\

Make sure that you are inside of the folder "OOTP Baseball 19". If you don't have any customized files, then you should delete all folders in here.

Next, go here and remove the "OOTP Baseball 19" folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19

Finally, remove the folder called "config" from here: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\config

"Appdata" is a hidden folder. One way to find it is to go to the start menu and type in %appdata% (include the percent symbols) in the search bar down at the bottom left and then browse to the config folder and remove it.

Once you've done all of this, the game is completely removed from your computer, except for your saved games.

Then restart your computer and reinstall the game.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
chewbockaa
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
To fully uninstall the game you'll want to do the following.

First off, navigate to the following location using Windows Explorer: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\

Make sure that you are inside of the folder "OOTP Baseball 19". If you don't have any customized files, then you should delete all folders in here.

Next, go here and remove the "OOTP Baseball 19" folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19

Finally, remove the folder called "config" from here: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\config

"Appdata" is a hidden folder. One way to find it is to go to the start menu and type in %appdata% (include the percent symbols) in the search bar down at the bottom left and then browse to the config folder and remove it.

Once you've done all of this, the game is completely removed from your computer, except for your saved games.

Then restart your computer and reinstall the game.
I'm having the same issue except I'm playing on a Mac. What do I need to do?
chewbockaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Is it possible you guys are somehow selecting a historical league for 2017 during the league selection process?

There shouldn't be any possible way to get 2017 rosters in OOTP19 other than through selecting a 2017 historical season at some point.

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #10
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbockaa View Post
I'm having the same issue except I'm playing on a Mac. What do I need to do?
I'm also on a Mac (conspiracy theory...?). I'll try the whole process tonight. Thanks for the continued help on this.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #11
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Would it still mean anything if the first download I did, I opened it up and 4/5 of my screen was the OOTP 19 and the top 1/5 was OOTP?

Then every time a I clicked within the window it went a shade darker, again and again until it was pitch black. So I restarted and noticed the problem.

I've probably deleted and redownloaded eight times by now (just got done with my latest download again from Server 1) and still a New Standard Game to "Play with real 2018 MLB and / or international rosters" loads a 2017 roster and this time, starts on 3/31/17?

I've downloaded from Server 2 as well during some of these tries.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #12
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Also, clicking Historical Exhibition option crashes the game entirely. Never tried this is my other downloads.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #13
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Does it matter that my (and this is Mac) applications folder still says 3/19 as my Last Modified date for the game even though I've deleted and redownloaded several times now?
Old 03-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #14
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Just for fun, I tried a Custom game started in 2012. The date in the season is 3/18/12 but it's still the '17 roster. Not sure if all this is helping, just trying to trial and error some examples...
Old 03-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

It sounds like your install is completely borked for some reason.

When uninstalling you've gone through all the steps I mentioned above, right?

Are you installing the game to the same data path each time? What path is it, the default or another one?

What happens if you try a totally different path, preferably on a second hard drive, if you have one?

When you download the installer, what size is it?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #16
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
It sounds like your install is completely borked for some reason.

When uninstalling you've gone through all the steps I mentioned above, right?

Are you installing the game to the same data path each time? What path is it, the default or another one?

What happens if you try a totally different path, preferably on a second hard drive, if you have one?

When you download the installer, what size is it?
Didn't know how to navigate your steps on my Mac. I looked up a few different methods and I believe I had been removing it.

I'm downloading the official version recently released now and hopefully that somehow overrides whatever I've been dealing with. Thank you.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 AM   #17
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals 2017 View Post
Didn't know how to navigate your steps on my Mac. I looked up a few different methods and I believe I had been removing it.

I'm downloading the official version recently released now and hopefully that somehow overrides whatever I've been dealing with. Thank you.
Well the new download worked. Thanks.