Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Crashes/Your Fixes Do Not Work!!

Hey Guys:

I'm a FRUSTRATED, BRAND NEW CUSTOMER TO OOTP.

Downloaded OOTP19, Friday. Played properly, animation worked, players moved appropriately, could see the baseball, etc. Was just trying it out, loved it.

Added the PStickert ballparks (3 versions) and the Complete Historical and Modern Photo Face Pack and the 2016 All-in-one Mod and THAT'S WHERE THE PROBLEMS STARTED!

The animation was off, batter/catcher not in box, runners run outside the lines, cannot see flight of baseball or pitch. I could see the pictures of players and the ballparks, though, so the downloads worked. However, The game CRASHED EVERYTIME within 6 pitches!!!!

I tried all of your Crash Suggestions... none worked!

On the forum, over the weekend, gamers suggested I uninstall and start over.

This morning, I did that. The Ballparks installed and I see the folder added. I tried installing the Photos and the All-in-One, and while it says it installed, IT DID NOT INSTALL!

There are no folders for these when I open the downloaded file!!

When I tried playing the game, there were NO PICTURES, which confirms they did not install. I go back into the ADD-ON CENTRAL and try to "Re-Install". Photos says it installed but it didn't--I do not see the folder All it see is "2016_AIO.tgz" That's not right. The 2016 All-in-One just crashes. EVERYTIME!

In playing the game, animation a huge problem:
1) I cannot see the baseball except on occasional throws.
2) The catcher is the only player who throws.
3) Ball hit to outfield, the catcher from his position throws it in.
4) A ball hit to Shortstop for DP, the catcher throws to second, then a separate ball shoots from catcher's position and throws to first.
5) After strikeouts, the catcher throws to third base. Then he throws to short, then he throws to second. It's not around the horn, it's three separate throws each coming from the catcher.
6) Ball hit to thirdbaseman, catcher throws the ball to firstbase.
7) Some of the player's animation flickers, others do not.

I am sure there are other animation problems but I only get 6 PITCHES IN BEFORE GAME CRASHES!

So the downloads must be causing some problem. I could get each of the downloads in my original game installation Friday night.

But after uninstalling then re-installing the game program, now only the Pstickert three ballparks are in my download folder NOT the Complete Historical and Modern Photo Package and not the 2016 All-in-one.

Just to be clear, I also installed the OOTP19, OOTP Classic and OOTP dark downloads.

Finally, THE GAME STILL CRASHES ONE TO SIX PITCHES IN.

I tried creating a "tracemode" but your directions say write that in the command line. That doesn't work.

Here are my vital statistics:
1. PC
2. Windows 10
3. Escellerate
4. N/A
5. AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit
6. Between 1st and 6th pitch. Once, I got to 10 pitches.
7. I cannot play a game. I just want to play a game not set up a league.
8. I tried doing a trace file but it says "tracemode is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Right now, I'm a frustrated player-- check that, I cannot play!!

So I deleted all the downloads I installed, or were claimed to be installed: OOTP 19, OOTP19 dark, OOTP19 classic, the three PSTrickert ballpark downloads. The Photos and the All-in-one were not installed in the downloads folder.

SAME ISSUES!

ONLY THE CATCHER THROWS.
ANIMATION IS NOT RIGHT
SOME PLAYERS "FLICKER"
GUYS RUN THROUGH WALLS
CANNOT SEE THE PITCHED BASEBALL
GAME CRASHES AFTER 6-10 PITCHES

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-02-2018 at 10:44 AM.
RavensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
I had the same issue. Do not use anything from add on central until the new one comes out. As of now you will have to manually install what you want.

I suggest using 3D parks from adion or silvam14

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=284762

For jerseys, logos, facegen use the historical replay starter pack by skyballer.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...replay+starter
Tim28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RavensFan (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Are you saying I should delete the PStrickert ballparks? I really want photos not Facegen, but I may have to wait, I guess.

But still, I could download the photos and 2017 all-in-one Saturday. Not sure why it's not downloading and installing today?

But deleted the ballparks, started a new game, same old animation issues. Catcher does all the throwing and I cannot see the baseball most of the time and THE GAME CRASHES AFTER ABOUT 6-10 PITCHES.

So I deleted even the OOTP19, the dark and the classic.... SAME PROBLEMS!

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-02-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,700x in 3,774 posts
You have tried a lot things, many of which are not mentioned in this thread including unpacking "default data" zip files which were never intended to be unzipped by the user. In addition, you may have corrupted the installs of the add-ons by doing it multiple times and/or unpacking files that were intended for automated installation.

Your problems may be caused by OpenGL issues completely unrelated to the installation issues, but at this point I think it would be impossible to know. Someone who is a tech support person (not me) should read all of the posts that you have made in the past 3-4 days, and then walk you through a complete and thorough uninstall process. After that, you should be sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Then, you should install the game again and get it working with the default settings and no addons.

Then, and only then, should you slowly and carefully try to get your additional content. It would help if you focus on what you really want, i.e. ballparks are not player photos and you seem to have these things confused. Install one add-on at a time per the instructions, and be sure it is working properly before tackling the next add-on.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (04-03-2018), Lukas Berger (04-02-2018), mitchkenn (04-02-2018), pstrickert (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Thanks Orcin:

Let me address each issue:

I tried unzipping the "default data" but was not allowed. No harm no foul.
I did add-on the ballparks and photos and unpack the photos files.
But I uninstalled all that work, last night, so I could start over today.

I have updated the graphic card and driver before my new installation, this morning.

I do know the photos and ballparks are different. I haven't said there were the same. I downloaded and installed the Pskrickert ballparks and the Complete Historical and Modern Photos downloads which are separate. I only saw pictures in game play when I unzipped them. But again, that was BEFORE I uninstalled the whole program, last night.

I have now deleted all the downloads, OOTP19, OOTP dark, OOTP classic, PSkrickert ballparks. The photos did not install today as they did when I originally did this the first time before I uninstalled.

I would love for someone with tech support to contact me.

No one has... despite posts in as many places as seem appropriate.

I would have thought starting over would erase past mistakes and allow new installation, but I'm wrong.

Someone from Tech Support, PLEASE HELP!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
I would love for someone with tech support to contact me.

No one has... despite posts in as many places as seem appropriate.

I would have thought starting over would erase past mistakes and allow new installation, but I'm wrong.

Someone from Tech Support, PLEASE HELP!

To be fair, your first post asking for tech support was made yesterday morning, which was a Sunday and a holiday for many people. You should give them a little more time before you complain about lack of support.

Have you submitted a support ticket? If not, you might want to do so. The instructions are in the tech support forum.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Old 04-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Your problems started here. Perhaps the unzipping and unpacking corrupted your install, and subsequent efforts have only compounded the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
I went into Add-on Central and downloaded the files I wanted. Then I installed them. Then I extracted them and they became folders and I can see all the pictures when I open that folder. I then deleted the zip folders.

I noticed that the game programs comes with "dafault data" zip files with items like ballcap_files, ballpark_files, logo_files, etc. So I tried extracting those but I get a Compressed Folder Error which says,

"Compressedd (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid."

Do I extract these files, and given this error message, how do I extract them?

AND NOW THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING!!! First time, it crashed after three pitches. Now, it crashes after the first pitch.

I adjusted the player size to 120 but I cannot see the ball.

I adjusted the ball to bigger and the player size to 130 and I cannot see the ball and the screen has black boxes.

And IT CRASHES EVERYTIME!

What is happening?

Old 04-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Yes I tried and it said I could not do it.

I'm not complaining about tech support... just frustrated by what's happening.

Another very experienced gamer informed me about installing the add-ons and I thought I followed his directions. I mistakenly understood him to suggest I "add server" after installing each download, which included the photos and ballparks.

Maybe that was my error. I do not know.

But the support ticket did not allow me access to create one.

I was taken to a Kayako site. Had to Subscribe, then it says, "Sorry, you do not have permission to carry out this action" when I tried to create a ticket.

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-02-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #9
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Thanks, Orcin:

The unzipping was only the photos, which did show up in the game.

Not sure if I unzipped the ballparks, I think not. And they were in the game.

It's the animation and the crashing that's my issue now and maybe something is corrupted but the uninstall should have cleaned the slate, I would think.

And creating a ticket to give to support is not possible. Kayako says I do not have permission.

Is there some tech office I can call?
Old 04-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
You can submit a support ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Or I'll try to just help you here as soon as possible. I'm actually off for today and was off for the weekend though, so I won't be around to help till tomorrow at the earliest. There's no tech support number or office though. I'm basically it for our support team

That being said, if your game is crashing because you installed mods and messed with files yourself, that's not really an area we offer support for. We support the default game, but if you start adding/changing things in the game and installing mods without knowing what you're doing, it can screw things up beyond anything we can easily help you fix.

At this point you're going to want to do a full uninstall, game, mods, everything. Instructions on that are below. Especially make sure to delete the config file in the hidden appdata folder. That's an important step.

Then reinstall the game without mods (for now) and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Uninstall game but preserve data:

Windows Vista/7/8/10 PC:

First off, navigate to the following location using Windows Explorer: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17\ [If you have an older version, then change the "17" to the correct version number. Don't forget to do this on the lines below as well.]

Make sure that you are inside of the folder "OOTP Baseball 19". If you don't have any customized files, then you should delete all folders in here except for the saved_games folder. If you have custom data files in addition to your saved games, then you need to be careful not to delete those folders that contain them.

Next, go here and remove the "OOTP Baseball 19" folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19

Finally, remove the folder called "config" from here: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\config

"Appdata" is a hidden folder. One way to find it is to go to the start menu and type in %appdata% (include the percent symbols) in the search bar down at the bottom left and then browse to the config folder and remove it.

Once you've done all of this, the game is completely removed from your computer, except for your saved games.

Mac:

1) Open up a Finder window and go to the Go menu and hold down the option key (or alt key).
2) Now select Library from the menu (it's hidden if you don't hold down the option key).
3) From there, open up Application Support, then Out of the Park Developments and finally, OOTP Baseball 19. [If you have an older version, then change the "19" to the correct version number. Don't forget to do this on the lines below as well.]

Make sure that you are inside of the folder "OOTP Baseball 19". If you don't have any customized files, then you should delete all folders in here except for the saved_games folder. If you have custom data files in addition to your saved games, then you need to be careful not to delete those folders that contain them.

Once you've done all of this, the game is completely removed from your computer, except for your saved games.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-02-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #11
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Hey Lukas:

I un-installed and re-installed as you suggested and all the animation is running as it should.

I DID NOT install the OOTP19, the OOTP19 dark or the OOTPclassic in the Add-on Central.

Should I?

Also, How should I go about installing Historic and Modern photos and ballparks?

I do not want to do too much or do it incorrectly?

We forgot to un-license before we uninstalled so I think I have just one license left and don't want to screw up again.

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-02-2018 at 04:32 PM.
2 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (04-02-2018), Orcin (04-02-2018)