Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
cheo25
Major Leagues

Thanked 246x in 172 posts
Game crashing upon loading -- 19.8.79

Installed the latest version of OOTP last night. Had no problems. Then a few minutes ago, I got put into a circle of death where the game gives me an error message, says it's going to reset the graphics to default values and that I can change it when the game loads, then the game crashes again. The only way I can load the game is to start in safemode, then that disables 3D, and I play 3D exclusively when playing out games.

Can anyone help with this issue to get the game working as it is supposed to work? Any help would be much appreciated.

On a general level, I have to say I'm pretty frustrated this year with the multiple hotfixes that have had to be released for this year's version. Seems like each new update creates more problems than it solves. I love this game, and I've been a pretty loyal and patient customer that doesn't usually complain about updates and things of that nature. But this is pretty frustrating.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,776x in 2,142 posts
They have to go on whether a problem like yours sounds like it's pandemic. To their credit, they certainly took their cue and reacted when multiple reports of issues were coming in for recent patches.

However, it appears that the consensus now is that 19.8.79 is stable and bug-free (major ones, at least). I have it running now and it's smooth, but that doesn't mean it will not crash going forward. If it does, I will post here.

So for now I think you are going to have to wait a bit to see if anybody else reports crashes such as yours. If not, then they are going to think that it's a local problem with your setup and you may see this thread moved to Tech Support.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
I would be surprised if this is specifically patch related as we haven't received any other reports of similar happenings, and if things worked fine for you at first, it's pretty unlikely that this is directly patch related.

That being said, the first thing to try anytime you're having 3d related issues, new patch or not, is to make sure your video card drivers are updated. Especially if a patch might've changed some 3d related stuff, that can often mean that the drivers on your system need to be updated to take advantage of that/work correctly with the update.

So check that out first, then restart your system and try again. If that doesn't change anything, try this.

Right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add each of the following on e by one to the command line like this:
"c:\program files\whatever\ootp19.exe" nosound

nosound
no3d
nofacegen
nothread

After adding each one try starting the game again and see if it runs. If it does, tell me which command got it working. If not, then delete the previous command and try the next one in turn. If none of them help, let me know that as well. Also let me know your system specs as well and we'll go from there.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-26-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,806x in 1,460 posts
if you can't get into the game, and it is possibly settings related, you may be able to edit the cfg / ini files -- locations are not in my head at moment. if somewhat comfortable perusing folders/subfolders of the game and user/../ootp folders, you can easily find what i mention.

a reset of the settings files may be the cause of problems that arose since that too moment.

definitely re-do fps to "60", or 'vsync' if that's the verbage, to avoid overheating. if allowed, "30" is enough.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
cheo25
Major Leagues

I appreciate the responses. Where am I supposed to add these add-on commands Lukas mentioned? There is nothing here that says "command line" so I'm confused as to what's he's referring. Below is what I see after right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting Properties.
Attached Images
Old 08-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Yeah, they go on the target line. Sorry for the confusing instructions!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
cheo25
Major Leagues

Thanks for the clarification. So "no3d" and "nothread" will start after giving me the error message about the crash. The other two crash the game. I also reduced the FPS to 60 under the 3D tab. But that almost sounds like I would have trouble running 3D play under that setting?

All of my video card stuff is as up to date as it can be on this machine. It runs Intel Core i3 on Windows 10. Not sure what other machine specs you need, but let me know where to look and what you need, and I can provide those, as necessary.

Thanks for your patience with me and for your help.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:32 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,660x in 6,143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So "no3d" and "nothread" will start after giving me the error message about the crash. The other two crash the game. I also reduced the FPS to 60 under the 3D tab. But that almost sounds like I would have trouble running 3D play under that setting?

All of my video card stuff is as up to date as it can be on this machine. It runs Intel Core i3 on Windows 10. Not sure what other machine specs you need, but let me know where to look and what you need, and I can provide those, as necessary.

Thanks for your patience with me and for your help.
This indicates clearly something with your machine is in conflict with OOTP's OpenGL code. Maybe some other application or a windows update broke something, although that is pretty unlikely. My bet is on faulty graphic card drivers, I would suggest to download them directly from the manufacturers website and then install manually.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
cheo25
Major Leagues

I will try to manually update the drivers again, but I did a driver update check yesterday after all of this happened Saturday and the drivers were already updated. It is definitely an issue between the computer and the game, though, because now I can't get it to use the 3D even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I basically deleted any and everything OOTP related last night in the hopes of installing one more time and hoping it finally works with 3D.

This just sucks because I try to keep my game updated with all of the patches, and I hesitated to update since there had been a hotfix right before the latest hotfix. And now I wonder whether I would have had this problem had I not installed the last update. It also means I'm probably going to have to buy a new laptop early next year because I can't enjoy my hobby time in the summer without OOTP. But it also means I'm probably done playing OOTP for 2018.

Thanks for the replies and the help. Until 2019 ...
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If you reinstall an old patch, you can see if things will work without the most recent update. I'd be surprised if they do but it's worth a shot. So give downloading build 59 and trying that out. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-27-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #11
cheo25
Major Leagues

Will do. Thanks, Lukas.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #12
cheo25
Major Leagues

Update: Uninstalled the game after deactivating my license. Installed an older version (wasn't sure which was which) so I ended up installing 70. Crashed first time I tried to load after installation. Started it up again. Gave me an error about not being able to install ballpark files but did not crash. Tried to re-activate my license and got the attached error.

Update 2: Got the same error in OOTP 18 when trying to activate it with my license.
Attached Images

Last edited by cheo25; 08-27-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:49 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
Update: Uninstalled the game after deactivating my license. Installed an older version (wasn't sure which was which) so I ended up installing 70. Crashed first time I tried to load after installation. Started it up again. Gave me an error about not being able to install ballpark files but did not crash. Tried to re-activate my license and got the attached error.

Update 2: Got the same error in OOTP 18 when trying to activate it with my license.
Can you PM me your email you used to buy the game so I can reset the licenses for you? Thanks!

Thank you for this post:
cheo25 (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #14
cheo25
Major Leagues

Hi, Lukas. I sent you a PM. Thanks again!

Last edited by cheo25; 08-28-2018 at 10:08 AM.