Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
Bouzal
Bat Boy

Thanked 6x in 1 post
Monthly scouting reports not matching up with actual ratings

It did this to me in the last game too, but when I read the monthly scouting reports, what they say does not match up with the ratings. For example, it says "Overall and potential ratings improved to 5 stars" but when you click on the player that isn't the case and is not reflected in his profile
Bouzal is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
aks62 (03-23-2018), Braydn411 (03-23-2018), Dorfmann (03-23-2018), geisterhome (03-28-2018), imnotsammysosa (03-23-2018), malor (03-26-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
Braydn411
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
This is happening to me right now. It is very frustrating. I had to draft and I am not sure which ratings to look at. The potential on the profile page does not match either the OSA ratings or my scouts rating so something is wrong...
Braydn411 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Dorfmann (03-23-2018), imnotsammysosa (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
imnotsammysosa
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
I'm having the same issue. Not just that the potentials don't match up, but attributes also aren't fluctuating as the scout tells me.
imnotsammysosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Dorfmann (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
I'm sure Matt will take a look at this soon.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
aks62 (03-23-2018), Braydn411 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
Dorfmann
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 41x in 24 posts
I've also been having the same problem since a few months after 18 released. The scouting report ratings and the player profile page were never really in sync, but now it's REALLY bad. Whenever they get updated, I'd say about 10 guys in my organization go from complete scrubs to five stars with no change in their actual ratings. If I immediately run a scouting report on the player, it goes back to their true rating, but I can't do that for everyone as you can only do one per day.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
aks62 (03-23-2018), Braydn411 (03-23-2018), imnotsammysosa (03-23-2018), Shoeless' Socks (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:03 PM   #6
Braydn411
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Any news on this?? Wanting to play but waiting for that to get fixed...
Braydn411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:10 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,669x in 4,206 posts
One thing you do want to pay attention to is in scouting reports, what position is listed there. Especially guys who can be borderline SP/RP, if the report evaluates him as a starter one time, and a reliever the next, he can jump around a lot.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
Bouzal
Bat Boy

Thanked 6x in 1 post
I tried that but it's not helping. It's wildly different for all players, regardless of their position or potential at other positions
Bouzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
imnotsammysosa
Bat Boy

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
One thing you do want to pay attention to is in scouting reports, what position is listed there. Especially guys who can be borderline SP/RP, if the report evaluates him as a starter one time, and a reliever the next, he can jump around a lot.

I've also had it tell me that the ratings of position players have changed when they haven't. It's definitely more accurate in regards to batters, but it's not just an issue with pitchers.
imnotsammysosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
Dorfmann
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 41x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe it has something to do with relative ratings. I've always used relative ratings and have had this issue since last year's version. This year's version uses relative ratings as default and it seems like a lot more people are complaining about it. It seems that my scout is occasionally rating these players relative to little league or something.

Here are a few examples:

As you can see, my scout went from thinking he is an amazing player to a throwaway pretty quickly, all while being rated at the same position.

Same thing there

That last one is the most extreme example of the three that maybe has something to do with his viability as a two-way player. I'm not sure.

Again, I could post hundreds of examples like this, as there are probably ten guys every month that this happens to when I receive my updated scouting reports. It's also not just my team. When I receive the series previews in my inbox, my opponents also have a bunch of guys that are completely out of whack.

None of these extreme fluctuations ever show up on the actual player profile page. The ratings that are shown there seems to stay pretty consistent with where they should be.

Last edited by Dorfmann; 03-24-2018 at 03:35 PM. Reason: More information
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Braydn411 (03-24-2018), endgame (03-24-2018), geisterhome (03-28-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #11
Tony79
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 25 posts
I started an MLB quickstart with the Cubs and my entire starting rotation lost about 10 points of their STUFF after the 1st monthly report in May. The Scouting History showed the drop. But neither the Scouting or Development reports did..
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:00 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,669x in 4,206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmann View Post
That doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe it has something to do with relative ratings. I've always used relative ratings and have had this issue since last year's version. This year's version uses relative ratings as default and it seems like a lot more people are complaining about it. It seems that my scout is occasionally rating these players relative to little league or something.

Here are a few examples:

As you can see, my scout went from thinking he is an amazing player to a throwaway pretty quickly, all while being rated at the same position.

Same thing there

That last one is the most extreme example of the three that maybe has something to do with his viability as a two-way player. I'm not sure.

Again, I could post hundreds of examples like this, as there are probably ten guys every month that this happens to when I receive my updated scouting reports. It's also not just my team. When I receive the series previews in my inbox, my opponents also have a bunch of guys that are completely out of whack.

None of these extreme fluctuations ever show up on the actual player profile page. The ratings that are shown there seems to stay pretty consistent with where they should be.
Thanks. It definitely looks like it might be a problem with which league it's evaluating against. We'll investigate more this week and hopefully track down the issues
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Braydn411 (03-26-2018), Dorfmann (03-25-2018), imnotsammysosa (03-25-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 05:33 PM   #13
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 214x in 89 posts
Had exactly that happen in 18 already, now it's the same.
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote