Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
djuano2016
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Question Field/Stadium disappears after clicking on subs/options/player.

I have the unusual case of every time I go out of the main playing screen in to subs or options, the field/stadium disappears. It just shows a black screen with the player icons still in place. It also happens when i move player labels around and then release the right click button. I can click on the weather widget, or any of the other widgets and the field reappears. This gets very annoying when you are trying to set up the player icons , or are subbing out a lot late in the game. Does anyone know what could causing this. Everything else in the game seems to work OK, although the game crashes often when trying to open it from the icon on the home page. Help please!

Last edited by djuano2016; 04-01-2018 at 02:20 PM.
djuano2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Reserve

Thanked 324x in 229 posts
Basically the same thing happens to me if I go to options or click a players label etc.. If I click on the “continue” button on the PBP widget, it reads out the next play and after the play it the stadium view reappears ( ready for the next play).

Also if I click the button not to automate the placement of widgets, about 1/5 of the field on the left and right side disappears.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Can you guys try this?

Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If that doesn't fix things, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely.

Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #4
djuano2016
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
ok. will try, thanks.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,044x in 2,179 posts
I don’t know if there are settings that prevent this for an individual at all times. I’ve seen it with nearly every type of setting and heard it from various users, too, with different settings. Of course, individual systems matter. But I think it happens, even if rarely for some. And simply changing the view and back again has been promoted as the easiest solution.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #6
Reed
All Star Reserve

Thanked 324x in 229 posts
I have a new surface book 2 i7 and I get the blank stadium view with any audience detail setting but its not a big deal, I just move the cursor over and click, the play occurs and then the stadium view will come back on so I miss the one play and everything is ok. I now just make sure I don’t select options or individual players, etc. during the game. (I watch game as GM, not manager.)
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
djuano2016
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can you guys try this?

Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If that doesn't fix things, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely.

Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.
None of these suggestions have worked unfortunately. Still have the issue.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
smiller
Major Leagues

Thanked 135x in 89 posts
Just bought the game and noticed the same problem when I want to check the box score or the game log. Seems like clicking on a widget is only way to restore screen.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Glad this was refreshed today, as I just posted this in the PT area, Lukas. It happens enough to be troublesome. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thought fastblit had been abandoned as a go-to option w/ too many issues associated with it and considered experimental. Is that what we're doing here, experimenting?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Thanked 93x in 51 posts
I reported this in some thread a while back, as well. It's like the game gets stuck between screens. I'm on a Mac Air and I've played with the settings. After one play/or pitch is completed the screen returns to normal.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:05 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Thought fastblit had been abandoned as a go-to option w/ too many issues associated with it and considered experimental. Is that what we're doing here, experimenting?
It creates issues in some cases, but solves them in others. Totally depends on the system and configuration of the user's computer. On the balance we decided it was better not to make it the default, but it can still be the best option on plenty of setups.

So yeah, experimenting is probably accurate but that's pretty much what we need to do to figure out some of this stuff.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-09-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:19 PM   #13
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Well, I've been experimenting with it as well, and nothing seems to offer cure. I've updated the PT, too, with the current state of affairs and it's not pretty, other than pretty annoying. In any event, back to the lab. And I was just asking to define our intention and clarify the use. Wasn't trying to be a butthead. It's usually obvious when I'm trying.

Last edited by endgame; 04-09-2018 at 11:15 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #14
Reggie
Major Leagues

Thanked 202x in 109 posts
Quote:
Can you guys try this?

I actually never had this problem. Until I lowered the audience quality for a different reason and this same thing started happening.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #15
Reggie
Major Leagues

Seems ( for me at least ) the screen only disappears if I go to a screen and don't make any changes. For example, if I go to the substitution screen during a game and don't make any changes...the screen goes black when I go back to the game. If I make a change like start warming up a pitcher or put in a pinch hitter/runner then everything is normal when I go back to the game. I guess that's why it always goes dark when I go to the box score.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #16
Coja
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 13x in 13 posts
Happens to me all the time - field blacks out. I've found if I toggle a widget on and off (or off and back on) everything returns to normal (till it happens again )
Coja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 AM   #17
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coja View Post
Happens to me all the time - field blacks out. I've found if I toggle a widget on and off (or off and back on) everything returns to normal (till it happens again )
Yep.. also, if I start a pitcher warming up and sit him right back down it doesn't black out either.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #18
Reggie
Major Leagues

This was fixed for me in the latest patch... if you haven't tried it yet.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:00 AM   #19
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 174x in 157 posts
It happens to me as well, either when I start to play a game, or when I go to subs and don't make a change. The quick solution for me is to click on the top right and click "Modern 3D" and it resets the field.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:52 AM   #20
endgame
Hall Of Famer

My most common is simply looking at a player profile then returning to game. Doesn’t matter if I right click or select Game Action / Return to Game. It’s black. Resets shouldn’t be necessary.