Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.5 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #21
wallewalls
Major Leagues

Thanked 160x in 93 posts
This forum has been slow because it is January and the game is coming to the end of its life cycle, once OOTP 19 gets announced and then comes out, this forum will be full of life once again. I've had nothing but good experiences in my limited time here. If you google search for issues with the game i've found solutions 9 times out of 10, albeit it might be for an older version but it still works. you can also go to the ootp subreddit for help too

Last edited by wallewalls; 01-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Germaniac (01-03-2018), TGH-Adfabre (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #22
vegat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
This forum has been slow because it is January and the game is coming to the end of its life cycle, once OOTP 19 gets announced and then comes out, this forum will be full of life once again. I've had nothing but good experiences in my limited time here. If you google search for issues with the game i've found solutions 9 times out of 10, albeit it might be for an older version but it still works. you can also go to the ootp subreddit for help too

Thanks Wallewalls
Old 01-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #23
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve

Thanked 283x in 181 posts
Factoring in its depth, playability, customization, and especially developer support, this game is the greatest game ever made. Markus and the team should be millionaires.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #24
HuachucaThunder
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 55x in 19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegat1 View Post
1.The game "not responding" in between screen loads
2.screen flashing black while playing in 3d pitch by pitch mode
3.Strange roster corruption where I would hover over a players name and It would show me someone else's stats.Also my major league roster mysteriously became a roster of fictional players.Very odd.
4.Game sporadically crashing

Those may not qualify as "bugs" but they certainly manage to "bug" the crap out of me. But like I said ,so far so god with my new season.Let's hope for the best.
My experience with these "bugs":

1. I had this problem with an older, slower computer but once I switched everything over to a newer computer, this slow load (not responding) issue stopped. Also can be caused by other programs or apps running at the same time

2. Another issue that was corrected when I moved to a newer computer with a better graphics card

3. Figured out if you are on the player stats screen (all players listed) if you hover over a name and click the right mouse button by accident, that players stat window will pop up and stay even though you hover on another player

4. Only had the game crash one time on me but that was due to me trying to download and install another program while OOTP18 was still running.

Just food for thought.
HuachucaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #25
vegat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuachucaThunder View Post
My experience with these "bugs":

1. I had this problem with an older, slower computer but once I switched everything over to a newer computer, this slow load (not responding) issue stopped. Also can be caused by other programs or apps running at the same time

2. Another issue that was corrected when I moved to a newer computer with a better graphics card

3. Figured out if you are on the player stats screen (all players listed) if you hover over a name and click the right mouse button by accident, that players stat window will pop up and stay even though you hover on another player

4. Only had the game crash one time on me but that was due to me trying to download and install another program while OOTP18 was still running.

Just food for thought.

I appreciate the insight,but telling someone that their game will run better on a better CPU rings of a "Captain Obvious" moment to me.A more helpful approach would be to assist one In getting the most out of OOTP using the current PC they are gaming on ,high or low end.Again,thanks for the input .
Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,351x in 1,900 posts
Here's yet another salute to Lukas for the way in which he dealt with this and things in general.

Lukas, if you ever decide to end your association with OOTPB and OOTPD, you are to file your retirement papers with me first. I will examine them and render my decision after a lengthy and extensive review.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (01-08-2018), Mat (01-15-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #27
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,910x in 2,332 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegat1 View Post
I appreciate the insight,but telling someone that their game will run better on a better CPU rings of a "Captain Obvious" moment to me.A more helpful approach would be to assist one In getting the most out of OOTP using the current PC they are gaming on ,high or low end.Again,thanks for the input .
You think your Commodore 64 is really neato
What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?
You're usin' a 286? Don't make me laugh
Your Windows boots up in what, a day and a half?
You could back up your whole hard drive on a floppy diskette
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I'll see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
I feel glorious, glorious
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (01-19-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #28
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 632x in 437 posts
OOTP team is impressively good with their troubleshooting did have an issue or two a few years back .... Unlike many companies they tell you to pick a number and will get to you sometime this year. These guys here once they get your file they amazingly will be back with you in 24 hours or less majority of the time unless they get stumped on something and they do keep you in the loop as to what they discovered. Not too many companies that can be compared to their Tech support team.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (01-18-2018), mitchkenn (01-18-2018), RchW (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #29
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 526x in 290 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
OOTP team is impressively good with their troubleshooting did have an issue or two a few years back .... Unlike many companies they tell you to pick a number and will get to you sometime this year. These guys here once they get your file they amazingly will be back with you in 24 hours or less majority of the time unless they get stumped on something and they do keep you in the loop as to what they discovered. Not too many companies that can be compared to their Tech support team.
Ive never had an issue with the ootp guys but over on the hockey side, they've been amazing too. I had a problem with coaches and Adam was awesome helping me on the discord server someone set up there. Ootp guys have always been top notch in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #30
vegat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You think your Commodore 64 is really neato
What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?
You're usin' a 286? Don't make me laugh
Your Windows boots up in what, a day and a half?
You could back up your whole hard drive on a floppy diskette

Ha!

Last edited by vegat1; 01-19-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
vegat1

Weird Al ?

Last edited by vegat1; 01-19-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #32
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 39x in 23 posts
i5 - 3570K Intel HD Graphics 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;4264861
Screen flashing black while playing in 3d pitch by pitch mode
Is this computer truly too slow and outdated to play this game?

I've been having similar issues.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #33
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 7,346x in 3,721 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown6940 View Post
Is this computer truly too slow and outdated to play this game?

I've been having similar issues.
I wouldn't think it's too outdated to play it, but sometimes there can be conflicts with the video card, or it might just be that the computer can't always handle full details everywhere.

For the flashing back, a video card driver update might help.

Or if not, try lowering the audience detail level or audience quality or both. To do so, go to start screen, settings, 3d & facegen. Try lowering the settings either a little or a lot, basically just experiment with it.

What settings work best for you will depend on your video card but also on what stadium you're in. Some take more power than others.

Also potentially try to disable the OpenGL shaders, same screen. Though that's a more extreme step, if the audience details don't help.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 19!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 4!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #34
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 112x in 55 posts
The flashing to Black happens to me sometimes on my 2015 iMac. Not everytime and I cant Predict when it happens. But does occasionally
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #35
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 39x in 23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I wouldn't think it's too outdated to play it, but sometimes there can be conflicts with the video card, or it might just be that the computer can't always handle full details everywhere.

For the flashing back, a video card driver update might help.

Or if not, try lowering the audience detail level or audience quality or both. To do so, go to start screen, settings, 3d & facegen. Try lowering the settings either a little or a lot, basically just experiment with it.

What settings work best for you will depend on your video card but also on what stadium you're in. Some take more power than others.

Also potentially try to disable the OpenGL shaders, same screen. Though that's a more extreme step, if the audience details don't help.
Thanks.
I'll experiment with some of your suggestions, although I know I have the most updated driver.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 7,346x in 3,721 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown6940 View Post
Thanks.
I'll experiment with some of your suggestions, although I know I have the most updated driver.
Weirdly enough, sometimes actually rolling back the drivers to the previous version can help if there are issues on the most updated one.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 19!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 4!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote