Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 02-20-2005, 11:44 PM   #101
JDD10277
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ry, does that make a difference when you play to have the correct stats in HTML?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:05 AM   #102
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
the stats are correct in the career section, not the stat line where it shows his current year stats and previous year stats
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #103
Johnny99
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Don't know if anyone caught this, but I just dl'ed the latest roster H-Fan, and in the almanac, career leaders, players are showing up twice in the same category. Here is my poor attempt to paste it:

<TABLE class=s3 cellSpacing=0 align=center bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR class=g><TD># </TD><TD class=s6>Career HRs</TD><TD>HR</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>1 </TD><TD class=s6_2>H. Aaron</TD><TD>755</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>2 </TD><TD class=s6>B. Ruth</TD><TD>714</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>3 </TD><TD class=s6_2>B. Bonds*</TD><TD>703</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>4 </TD><TD class=s6>W. Mays</TD><TD>660</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>5 </TD><TD class=s6_2>F. Robinson</TD><TD>586</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>6 </TD><TD class=s6>M. McGwire</TD><TD>583</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>7 </TD><TD class=s6_2>S. Sosa*</TD><TD>574</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>8 </TD><TD class=s6>H. Killebrew</TD><TD>573</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>9 </TD><TD class=s6_2>R. Jackson</TD><TD>563</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>10 </TD><TD class=s6>R. Palmeiro*</TD><TD>551</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>11 </TD><TD class=s6_2>M. Schmidt</TD><TD>548</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>12 </TD><TD class=s6>M. Mantle</TD><TD>536</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>13 </TD><TD class=s6_2>J. Foxx</TD><TD>534</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>14 </TD><TD class=s6>W. McCovey</TD><TD>521</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>14 </TD><TD class=s6_2>T. Williams</TD><TD>521</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>16 </TD><TD class=s6>E. Mathews</TD><TD>512</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>16 </TD><TD class=s6_2>E. Banks</TD><TD>512</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>18 </TD><TD class=s6>M. Ott</TD><TD>511</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>19 </TD><TD class=s6_2>E. Murray</TD><TD>504</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>20 </TD><TD class=s6>K. Griffey jr.</TD><TD>501</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>21 </TD><TD class=s6_2>L. Gehrig</TD><TD>493</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>22 </TD><TD class=s6>F. Mcgriff</TD><TD>491</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>22 </TD><TD class=s6_2>F. Mcgriff</TD><TD>491</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>24 </TD><TD class=s6>K. Griffey jr.</TD><TD>481</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>25 </TD><TD class=s6_2>S. Musial</TD><TD>475</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=s3 cellSpacing=0 align=center bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR class=g><TD># </TD><TD class=s6>Career HRs</TD><TD>HR</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>1 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>755</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>2 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>714</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>3 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>703</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>4 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>660</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>5 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>586</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>6 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>583</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>7 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>574</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>8 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>573</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>9 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>563</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>10 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>551</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>11 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>548</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>12 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>536</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>13 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>534</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>14 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>521</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>14 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>521</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>16 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>512</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>16 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>512</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>18 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>511</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>19 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>504</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>20 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>501</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>21 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>493</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>22 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD>491</TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>22 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD>491</TD></TR><TR class=g><TD>24 </TD><TD class=s6></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=g2><TD>2 </TD><TD class=s6_2></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Griffey is here with different totals, other players have the same numbers but appear twice. Happens in other categories, also. Great work, overall, though, I look forward to using it.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #104
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
that is one of those things that i just cant fix/figure out
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #105
ComputerFreek129
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I have a question about some of the ratings given to the players... Now, I know it's all very subjective, but it seems to me that there are a LOT of highly-rated players (relief pitchers, especially) that don't really seem to have justification for their ratings... For example..

Billy Sylvester
Nate Bland
Les Walrond
Jim Mann
Jimmy Serrano
David Lee
John Patterson
Matt Childers
Justin Huisman
Brian Schmack
Jason Pearson

Jason Grabowski
Pat Burrell
Rusty Greer

And I also noticed that
Jason Schmidt
had a 4 rating for velocity.

Hrm, well, maybe it's just a thing with me not knowing too much about middle relief, but I was surprised to see all those guys, many of whom i've never heard of, and most who have virtually no major league experience, having all those super ratings...

Anybody else notice/have an explanation for them?

But I love the roster by the way, Halofan!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #106
Anonymous Ghost
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Can't you remove the duplicate entry players by simply deleting the extra text file?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #107
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i tried that, but it hasnt worked yet *SIGH*

as for the ratings, are you referring to the star ratings or the number ratings? As i have said before, i enter the stats into the game and the game gives them their ratings. Schmidt is one of those players that slipped through the cracks and wasnt fixed yet, he has already been fixed in the new set, but it wont be evident until the set gets released
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #108
ComputerFreek129
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ai, well, I was just talking about the ratings in general, as some of those relief pitchers have Stuff and Movement in the 90s+, and Grabowski and Greer have ratings way way up there for hitters, but when I looked at a lot of their career sheets they don't really have any experience at all.. Some of them will say, like, 9 innings pitched last year, with a 13.00 ERA.

I dunno, just wondering if it's just one of those calculation things and they're spit out that way, or if they're some up-and-coming players that i haven't heard about but you thought were really good.

Ooh by the way, do you edit the rosters by opening up some of the .dat files, like Players.dat, league.dat, etc? I was just wondering what program you use to read them because they come out all jarbled in Notepad and I can't read them at all in Access...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #109
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i dont use any program to edit the rosters other than the editor in the game and the stats editor that Pierre made.

As for the ratings, some of them have to have their minor league stats taken into consideration, but not much. reasoning for this is because there is no way to input stats that arent there. so if a player has no ML experience, i have to take a look at his minor league stats and then adjust them. For example, if a player is tearing it up in AAA and may not be considered a "prospect" ( a blue star player), i have to look at those stats and adjust them with a math formula that was designed by the wife. this may not always be good, BUT if someone can give me a better idea other than some of the stupid, yes STUPID ideas i heard (like, "why cant you just change them" and then not give me anything to change them to or even an idea), i will be more than happy to change it. the only problem with that is after doing this for close to 3 years, i havent seen any better results than what i am currently using. Now im sure that someone has a problem with this "rating system" but i strongly suggest ideas on a better more level idea. no one has supplied me with this yet. i also welcome comments as long as they are thought out and not attacks on me or my family as some have done LOL......dont ask
The best Angels fan site