Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 06-19-2005, 01:50 AM   #1
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Halofan roster set is updated! *BRAND NEW* ver. 6.5

ok guys, its up and ready....the normal stuff including the draft picks that have signed so far by each team

head over to www.simleaguecentral.com and make sure you are registered/signed in and they are all yours
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 06-19-2005, 02:30 AM   #2
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 165x in 94 posts
Oh, my last attempt to check this thread before bed. Great, now I'll be up for a few more hours.

Trans-Continental Base Ball Association (est. 1870)
Old 06-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 165x in 94 posts
Just looking through it the first time, some of the ratings on the Dodgers are well off. Yhency Brazoban is in the 30's despite being a successful setup man/closer for the past two seasons. And Joel Guzman is Baseball America's #5 prospect, with his 3.5-star talents coming nowhere near that level of potential.

On the flip side, Norihiro Nakamura and Chin-Feng Chen are far too overrated. Nakamura couldn't even make the club out of Spring Training and even through all their injuries he's not even on the radar. He was unimpressive to say the least. Chen was overhyped by the club when he was younger and at this point he doesn't really factor into their future much at all. He's September-callup quality but not much more. He's certainly not going to be a big presence in the Majors. I also think Henri Stanley and possibly Jason Grabowski are a bit overrated as well. I could see those ratings a lot easier a few years ago but both of them are pretty much past being great contributors. Grabowski is following up his .220 campaign with a sparkling .197 effort this year (though he does have 11 homers over 234 at bats the past two years) and Stanley hasn't made any noise since he was with the Red Sox. We traded Dave Roberts for him, for god's sake.

Great work, just some thoughts from someone who might know this particular organisation a little better.

Old 06-19-2005, 03:59 AM   #4
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Halofan

great roster.
thanks so much

i have 6.5....

just curious will these roster work in 6.12 too?

a few minor issues

i notice date on top right hand side dont match the weekday calendar schedule

it shows Tuesday 3/30/05 and schedule calendar shows for 3/30/05 as a Thursday.

on player card it shows for some players no stats for 2004 in the player card. just shows in the career stats only.

for example Jeff Kent of the dodgers.

also 2004 stats in players card dont match the career stat for 2004.

Last edited by jbmagic; 06-19-2005 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanked 375x in 206 posts
Oh great. I had downloaded the previous Brand new roster set to use with 6.5. I guess it was the 6/8/05 set. Got off to a lousy start. So now I have a good excuse to wipe that out and start again!

Thanks halofan.

I did notice the same schedule problem with the previous set. It's off by a couple of days from the games schedule. Not a huge issue, but does come up with 7 day line-ups. Is this easy for us to fix on our own? Or is there another schedule I could import?

Tom
Old 06-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
the schedule thing is something i havent been able to figure out, i have an idea im going to try and if it works, ill rerelease the set again

as for the Dodgers ratings and any other team....remember i input the stats and it creates the ratings so there isnt much i can do. if i went by my own opinion, im sure i would have tons of people saying players are over rated or under rated
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
I still don't see Jared Weaver for the LA Angels ?????
Old 06-19-2005, 06:30 PM   #8
squirrel_king
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
yeah where is Romero for the Jays? He's been signed for a few days now, so he should be in there. For that matter, I didn't see any of the Jays draftee's in the update. Was there a mix up, or is it just my stupiditiy? There are other draftee's but none for the Jays!
Thanks for your help and time!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

I don't see any additional Mets either. Are we sure the file updated?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Weaver was accidentally ommitted but will be up in the fix im putting up in another 2 days or so

Romero is in there, try looking throughout the minors cause i have him in AA right now

alot of the Mets were not put in because when i had done the Mets, those players werent signed yet
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 165x in 94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan26
as for the Dodgers ratings and any other team....remember i input the stats and it creates the ratings so there isnt much i can do. if i went by my own opinion, im sure i would have tons of people saying players are over rated or under rated
Ah, ok. I didn't know that's how you did it.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #12
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog55
Ah, ok. I didn't know that's how you did it.
yeah, not the way i LIKE to do it tho lol....i do it this way because i feel its the most level and fair way to make the set likd by as many as possible
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Weaver was accidentally ommitted but will be up in the fix im putting up in another 2 days or so

Romero is in there, try looking throughout the minors cause i have him in AA right now

alot of the Mets were not put in because when i had done the Mets, those players werent signed yet
When would these signings be "as of", because the Mets have signed quite a few, though not their top two picks.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:02 PM   #14
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
this was about the 16th or 17th, but my memory is so bad when it comes to short term that im not certain....i had received a fax abotu the signings but nothing was in stone yet and i dont add players until they are set in stone
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 AM   #15
Dobber2419
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 75x in 61 posts
Halofan - should the 6.5 version of the roster file go through the 'converting to 6.5' piece when opening in OOTP? I also don't see Romero on the Jays, so wondering if maybe an old version is up at simleaguecentral? How can we tell we have the right version?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:21 AM   #16
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Im not sure why no one can find him as im looking at him right now....as for the 6.5 thing you mentioned, i dont remember it doing it for me but since you are extracting it as a new file, it may need to, either way it wont hurt anything if it does

a new release will be up in about 2 days
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #17
VoteQuimby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Thumbs up Very minor adjustment

I was just curious as to the minimum MLB salary so I looked it up. It is in fact $316,000 as of Dec 2004 (not $300,000).

I know, minor point but I figured you might want to know. Your roster sets are great and I have used them for a number of years. Keep up the good work.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #18
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
yep that is in the process of being updated as that shows how long ago i made this set haha.......i never changed it cause it takes alot of time and im probably going to have it done for my trade deadline set
The best Angels fan site
Old 06-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #19
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
Quote:
the schedule thing is something i havent been able to figure out, i have an idea im going to try and if it works, ill rerelease the set again

All I did was click on Reset League, and the days seem to be all matched up now. If you want to have the first game set on Sunday night (Yankees vs. Red Sox) then I believe you have to change the day the year starts on, and then of course you have to change the All-Star game date as well.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 06-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #20
mcgsports
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Danny Graves on the Mets!

Photo's
More players and pitchers on the free-agent market like who isn't in the Hall of Fame yet also put all 2005 drafted players and pitchers their to so the Single-A rosters can be as of today!
Why aren't Minor League Teams updated as of today!
Here are some websites to get the Cardinals Minor League Rosters as of today
http://www.memphisredbirds.com
http://www.springfieldcardinals.com
http://www.mlb.com because on the Palm Beach Cardinals website the roster isn't updated yet!

I know this doesn't belong here but I need help in making a rosters from this set called the team they were drafted on because Iv'e done it wth NHL Eastside Hockey Manager and want to do it for this game! I wouldn't need help in making it if their was a Editor like the one for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager but in a baseball version!