Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
kangatarts
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
The WBH (Promotion/Relegation League) making the move to OOTPX!

League Name: World Baseball Hierarchy (WBH)
Main URL: World Baseball Hierarchy
Reports URL: WBH Reports
Boards URL: WBH Forums
Email Address: wbhcommish@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTPX
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional (International)
# of Teams: 88
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (10 PM EST)
League Time Per Sim: 1 week during the season
First Season: 2007
Latest Season: 2017
Special Rules & Settings: Promotion/Relegation structure, Scouting/Coaching Off

The World Baseball Hierarchy is making the move to OOTPX next season and we're looking for new owners!

The WBH has a unique structure with four tiers of leagues, featuring the USA league at the very top, where the league's elite teams battle it out for the hierarchy championship.

Each league contains two divisions of four teams each. After each 120 game season, the top team from each division play a 7 game series to determine who gets promoted to the next tier. Finishing last in a division means you get relegated to a lower tier. This system means that no matter how your team is doing, you always have something to fight for late in the season, whether it's a race to promotion or a race to avoid relegation.

You only play against teams in your league each season, providing opportunities for exciting rivalries. You also have access to trade with the other 80 teams in the Hierarchy, providing many trade opportunities and the ability to find exactly the player you're looking for in such a large pool.

10+ years of history has already made some players into household names. Check out some of our stars in our very own leaderboard tool!

To apply for the league, fill out this application. We will get back to you with a list of available teams, where first applicants get first choice of teams. Check us out and apply today!
kangatarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,172x in 3,160 posts
Application sent.

RichW

"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
Aisengard
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I run the Baracoa Bahia, this is my second season and I can attest to the near-perfection that is the WBH. Great promotion/relegation league, great history, great active and smart GMs, and great discussion.
Aisengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 AM   #4
patrick_richards1
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 36x in 16 posts
Cienfuegos here, hopefully ill get OOTPX in time for the upgrade, if not, good luck with my team...lol
-------------------------------

patrick_richards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangatarts View Post
To apply for the league, fill out this application. We will get back to you with a list of available teams, where first applicants get first choice of teams. Check us out and apply today!
What is the stance of the WBH on its earlier-proposed further expansion? Are Australia, South Africa, Italy, and the Netherlands still within the Hierarchy's short-range plans? Or is that process indefinitely paused?
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

Thanked 937x in 527 posts
Looks good!

Quote:
Each league contains two divisions of four teams each. After each 120 game season, the top team from each division play a 7 game series to determine who gets promoted to the next tier. Finishing last in a division means you get relegated to a lower tier.
This seems to say only the league champ gets promoted while the loser of each division (2 per league) gets relegated.

I'm curious what your policy is on team renaming.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
btop
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm in my 10th season as the inaugural GM of the Azua Tortugas. This is a fantastic, well-run league with a unique promotion / relegation structure and a great commissioner. My team is the reigning WBH champ and it's really been a hard-fought struggle to get there. Started out in the 3rd tier Dominican league -- got promoted to the 2nd tier Japan league after 2 years, toiled in Japan for 6 years before finally getting the promotion to the top tier USA league and taking down the title. It's a highly active league with strategy that is very unique to this large, multi-tiered league.

Highly recommend for OOTP veterans and newbies.
btop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
kangatarts
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
What is the stance of the WBH on its earlier-proposed further expansion? Are Australia, South Africa, Italy, and the Netherlands still within the Hierarchy's short-range plans? Or is that process indefinitely paused?
Unfortunately, it seems like the expansions are indefinitely paused. It's been a monster of a feat to keep track of 88 teams and owners and I'm not sure if the original goal of expanding to 120 teams will be feasible. I'm not the one who makes the call on expansions though, but this is just my impression.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
kangatarts
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Looks good!

This seems to say only the league champ gets promoted while the loser of each division (2 per league) gets relegated.

I'm curious what your policy is on team renaming.
I'm pretty sure that we ask new owners to keep the team names as is to preserve the history of the league. Keeping track of all the teams would be harder if they changed names every so often.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btop View Post
I'm in my 10th season as the inaugural GM of the Azua Tortugas. This is a fantastic, well-run league with a unique promotion / relegation structure and a great commissioner. My team is the reigning WBH champ and it's really been a hard-fought struggle to get there. Started out in the 3rd tier Dominican league -- got promoted to the 2nd tier Japan league after 2 years, toiled in Japan for 6 years before finally getting the promotion to the top tier USA league and taking down the title. It's a highly active league with strategy that is very unique to this large, multi-tiered league.

Highly recommend for OOTP veterans and newbies.
Jim - I had to respond to this one. I'm GM of the San Lorenzo Legends, and I lost to the Azua Tortuga's last year in the USA Championship, but I'm coming for him this year! My team was a 4th level expansion in Puerto Rico and in just 6 seasons, we've won 3 championships and 4 division titles to become the 1st 4th Level team to make it to the USA!

Anways, I serve on the Board of Directors in the WBH in addition to running my own league and the leadership of this league is made up of OOTP All-Star GM's and Commissioners. We've got two league Co-Commissioners and on top of that, we've got 2 Commissioners of other leagues on the Board, in addition to some extremely diehard OOTP'ers.

If you're up for a challenge in a huge league that creates a new challenge every year, the WBH is for you. Trust me on this one and you won't be sorry.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
ehencley
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 1 post
*Deleted*

Last edited by ehencley; 09-30-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: changed my opinion
ehencley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #12
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 607x in 375 posts
application sent
spotted an 11-run lead, then going into the 9th up by 8 and not a single out recorded (using three relief pitchers all warmed up), nine runs score... game over? nope, thank the demo for saving me $20 on the after the season special or/and another $35-40 on 14. I will NOT be purchasing this piece of crap!
You see, this guy here, he is that guy. Don't be that guy.

Join the VHL today!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #13
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Thanked 132x in 107 posts
Why join? Because it is the BEST DAMN on-line league, period!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
jaguar8311
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
I applied
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 27 posts
Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems like the expansions are indefinitely paused. It's been a monster of a feat to keep track of 88 teams and owners and I'm not sure if the original goal of expanding to 120 teams will be feasible. I'm not the one who makes the call on expansions though, but this is just my impression.
Thanks for the feedback.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
CurlingZone
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm a member of the WBH as well as Barquisimeto, and recommend it 100%. Great group of members, and a well drafted concept that keeps owners active whether they're in contention, or working to avoid relegation.
CurlingZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
blimphead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Hey everyone,

I would like to introduce myself into the conversation... name's Frank, but I handle the Busan Burning Dragons (who are celebrating their 10th season in the WBH next season). I have done it all in the WBH, from general manager, to league historian, to now co-commissioner.

We have a great time over at the WBH, the races and the rivalries are passionate, exciting, and fun to watch. As the league's newest executive, I've been charged with simming and posting the results of our massive 88-team league's games. I can promise that the results are posted within 90 minutes, despite the size of our league.

Our league is a bastion of statistics, history, and many other things that any baseball fan could ever ask for. As I have already stated, we will be entering our 10th season next year, and are looking for GMs of all walks of life and experiences to join our exciting fold and help us to celebrate the colmination of a decade of OOTP baseball.

So, stop on by, take a look around, and if you like what you see, drop off an application. If you need to reach me for any questions or concerns, my AIM is Governor Blanco.

I look forward to hearing from all of you very soon.

Cheers,
Frank
blimphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 16x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
Potentially, who knows?

There haven't been a lot of new managers coming in during the last season or so because we're still currently using 9, so any new openings have remained open for the most part. We're anticipating a lot of new GMs joining this offseason thanks to the move to 10.

I'd bet that if interest is high enough, expansion could happen, but probably not this offseason due to the version change. Maybe after next season, which ends around the end of October. But I have no idea how many people are going to want in and whether we'd be able to handle another expansion.

The current season ends in less than 3 weeks.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Hey hey hey remember me?

Bob here, former GM of the Mariel Sharks. I'm looking to get back into OTP after taking some time off and want to look at all my options for leagues.

I figured...maybe the most successful GM in WBH history should make a return?

Have one of your people contact my people to give me some info.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,753x in 634 posts
I'm the GM of the Seoul Warlords and this is a league I'm in until the bitter end (may that day never come!)

It's a truly dedicated group of commish and owners and we've been through thick and thin and still come out of it stronger each and every time.

The message boards are active and trade talks run rampant around the deadline for those who like to get in on that part of the game.

There's really no better league out there.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote