Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
BCBL moved to OOTP X / We have some teams available.

* UPDATE = THIS LEAGUE has closed up shop and has restarted as a historic/fictional league based with MLB players starting in 1980. More information can be found in this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2879064

Feel free to check us out at Billy Chapel Baseball League

From the top of the frontpage you can view our constitution (rules), HTML reports from OOTP X, and we make full use of StatsLab.

Currently we have the following teams open:

Atlanta
Colorado
Pittsburgh
Washington

Please list any questions here.

We sim 1 weeks worth of games, three times a week. We are 3 sims into the 2010 season as of this writing, and the Ammy Draft (in StatsLab) is in the Supplemental round (sandwich picks between rounds 1 and 2). I DO NOT miss sims. A strong league needs a strong commissioner. The complete sim schedule is always draw out date by date, weeks in advance so you know what to expect. IF something has to change, the GMs are kept informed. The plus is that we pride ourselves in a strong website as well.

Have questions?

Last edited by snnort; 12-29-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: League moved in new direction with new league file
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
We have filled half our open slots. A few more left. The OOTP X conversion went flawlessly. We just had our first Free Agent (winter meetings) sim yesterday and now the FA offrs are coming in earnest. LOTS of big names in free agency this offseason... Pujols even (I expect him to get a monster contract).
Old 09-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
pucku33
Major Leagues

Thanked 39x in 27 posts
hey guys this is a GREAT league, lot of fun. looks like there are a couple open teams, we JUST started the 2nd season. hop aboard and try it out!
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
NCadden
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucku33 View Post
hey guys this is a GREAT league, lot of fun. looks like there are a couple open teams, we JUST started the 2nd season. hop aboard and try it out!
I'm interested in joining this online league. I checked out the site some and it looks like the Braves are still available. I'm not an expert by any means but I did play in an online league with about 10 other people for a few months and really enjoyed it. What do I need to do to sign up?
NCadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
WBLPresident
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I'm not sure what all teams are available but I know the following are for sure:

Teams available
Colorado
Oakland
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

If your interested in other teams, we might have a few more open, a few I think the commish might be ready to replace, but that's his call. Sign up on the board or email the commish if your interested!
WBLPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
looking for a new team but want either one of my teams. Giants or The Devil Rays (prefered since i have a giants league.)
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,115x in 1,205 posts
I would like Philadelphia
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Looks like we've added a pair of GMs this weekend. We still have some teams open.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Dream Job
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I'll like to join

May I have Cincinnati please?
Dream Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
WBLPresident
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
A lot of exciting stuff going on here! We've picked up 4 new owners in the past few days! This is the league to join! 4 good teams left for you to get in on! Hurry and contact the commish, it's tough filling up a league these days but we're gonna do it, be apart of the BCBL!!
WBLPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #11
madkat22123
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I want Washington! madkat22123@gmail.com
madkat22123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 102x in 62 posts
Hey, I know this commish, if under a different name. He's a good guy and fun to compete against. I'd give him a shot.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
snnort (09-28-2009)
Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
beamerball811
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I am interested in the Pirates, but I can't view the rosters. Also do we have to own the game in order to be an owner?
beamerball811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #14
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Hey, I know this commish, if under a different name. He's a good guy and fun to compete against. I'd give him a shot.
Yeah... it's me, Nutlaw. :-) Thank you for the kind words. And let me say to anyone else, that if you are ever privileged to compete with Nutlaw... he runs a great OOTP team and will certainly test your OOTP skills... and even your sanity, a little bit.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamerball811 View Post
I am interested in the Pirates, but I can't view the rosters. Also do we have to own the game in order to be an owner?
Yes. The latest patched version of OOTP 10 is required.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 15x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkat22123 View Post
I want Washington! madkat22123@gmail.com
I need to know more about you. I've had a slurry of gmail.com email GMs that are completely new to the OOTP boards (1 or 2 posts) who ask for teams and then never respond to simple follow ups.

PM me with your OOTP resume, madkat.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #17
GMGOD
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've known Jamey for a while in OOTP circles and he is a very solid GM in the SIMBL, the league which I commish.

Jamey runs a first-class operation in the BCBL and has in various forms of the league for many years now and he is very passionate about the league that he commishes and I recommend the BCBL to ANY serious and dedicated OOTP fan looking for a very solid league experience done the right way.

Highly recommended.

www.simbaseballleague.com

A Premier Online League Always Seeking Quality Owners- Join The SIMBL!
GMGOD is offline   Reply With Quote