Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 05-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Era Calculator for OOTP6

I'm thinking about releasing the Era Calculator for OOTP6 (also compatible with v5). I'm hoping to update the history file first. Anybody interested in trying it?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Chicago(N) - Boys of Summer
Oakland - 20th Century League
Bakersfield - Wild Things
Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Dodger's Senioriest fan on the OOTP Boards
Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 650x in 281 posts
I'll try it.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
ME!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #4
Ankit
All Star Reserve

Thanked 1x in 1 post
of course me...
Old 05-04-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
TotalEnd98
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm up for it as well.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:22 AM   #6
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
i am new to ootp 6...

what does this era calculation do for you? how does it work?

thanks
Old 05-04-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbmagic
i am new to ootp 6...

what does this era calculation do for you? how does it work?

thanks
The Era Calculator is used for historical leagues both solo and online. It has the following features:

o Based on the previous years stats, it decides what your era settings (for H, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, K) should be in order to get historically realistic stats for the year you are simming. After the season is played, it tells you how far off (percentage wise) you were in these key categories. It then gives you the choice of accepting the discrepancies and moving on (if they are within reason), or restore your league and try with new adjusted numbers to try to get closer to reality. So there's no more guess work as to whether or not your getting historically accurate results.

o It tells you what changes need to be made to your historical league. Change such as which teams moved, which ones changed stadiums, the ones that changed their team nickname, any changes to the schedule length or if you should move the Era Setting up to the next era, what teams should be added due to expansion, etc.

o It has a more robust Save/Restore feature than the one the game has (or at least used to have, I assume it still works that way but I'm not sure). The backup routine saves all pertinent files. But if you choose to restore, it restores the league to the "exact" condition it was at the time you saved the league. This means that all team and player history information will not reflect the changes that may have been made since the last save. For example, you won't see that a player was drafted several times in the same season or that the player achieved a milestone more than once in the season.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-04-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
If anyone knows where I can get BruceM's excel spreadsheet of all historical changes, please let me know. I want to update the history file so it reflects all changes made from 1901 to the present (right now it stops in the '50s I think).

Once I get the History file updated, I'll upload the program for everyone to get (should be this weekend).

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #9
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1x in 1 post
wow thanks

this era calucaltor sounds awesome i cant wait for it to be release for ootp 6...

is this era calualtor comparing real stats from the historical era of deadball, golden age, modern, etc...or a specfic year only?

http://muench.oneworldhost.com/bb_chrono.htm

this web site shows u all the changes in history like team names, stadium changes, etc hope that helps
Old 05-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
is this era calualtor comparing real stats from the historical era of deadball, golden age, modern, etc...or a specfic year only?
It compares to whatever year you are currently simming. So lets say that you just completed 1951 and had good results and want to move to 1952. It adds up the stats you produced in 1951 in your sim. In then looks at the real life stats for 1952 and determines what your era settings should be (based on 1951 sim) in order to get results that are comparable to 1952. So each year will have it's own distinct "flavor".

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #11
scprideandms
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
willing to try also

If you keep on doing what you've always done you'll keep on gitting what you've always gotten.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
this web site shows u all the changes in history like team names, stadium changes, etc hope that helps
Yep, that's what I needed to finish the file. Thanks.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-10-2004, 04:11 PM   #13
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Did I miss it? Are you done with this yet or still working on it?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I ended up being gone the whole weekend so I didn't get to post it. My testing went well last week. I have a test league I ran from 1901 that is up to 1919 and all looks good so far.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #15
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Thanked 119x in 63 posts
Really can't wait for this heh. Should definitely help me out when putting up my tested results(in the discussion forum)
Old 05-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #16
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Man, it's hard to wait!

Iatric - any updates yet? Appreciate all your efforts and looking forward to the new calculator...
Old 05-14-2004, 04:06 PM   #17
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Everything is done except for packaging it. I'll create a setup routine and upload it to the website. Hope everyone likes it. For historical leagues, in addition to letting you know the changes that should be made year to year (stadium changes, relocation, expansion, etc), it can also copy ballpark DAT files for each year.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 05-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #18
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
[wiping drool off chin] Thank you!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #19
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Thanked 119x in 63 posts
officially adores IatricSB(in an idol sorta way)
Old 05-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #20
PUP23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
where is the website that this is on? got to have it quick.