Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 06-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #41
sharpmath
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi!

I've completed my first season using the ratings, but when I go to Verify Results, after exporting the league files, I get a Run Time error telling me the path is not found.

Does the program automatically look for the file in C:\LEAGUESITES? Because if so, my problem would be my main drive is F, not C.

Or am I missing something? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #42
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sharpmath
Hi!

I've completed my first season using the ratings, but when I go to Verify Results, after exporting the league files, I get a Run Time error telling me the path is not found.

Does the program automatically look for the file in C:\LEAGUESITES? Because if so, my problem would be my main drive is F, not C.

Or am I missing something? Thanks!
Yes, it's hardcoded to look in C:\LeagueSites. I'll make it a variable in the first patch.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Chicago(N) - Boys of Summer
Oakland - 20th Century League
Bakersfield - Wild Things
Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Dodger's Senioriest fan on the OOTP Boards
Old 06-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #43
sharpmath
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Great, thanks! I know 99.999% of the World has the C: drive as the default, so it's usualy not a problem, sorry!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #44
redsox12
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IatricSB
I'll try it on my 2000 Pro machine. I've used the v5 version on it many times but not the new v6 version.
Any luck? I just tried installing it, then it said my files were out of date so I said okay to updating them and it went straight to rebooting and it says the same thing when I start it again.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #45
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 261x in 122 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by redsox12
Any luck? I just tried installing it, then it said my files were out of date so I said okay to updating them and it went straight to rebooting and it says the same thing when I start it again.

My problem with it exactly.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Old 06-04-2004, 11:42 AM   #46
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

bump

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Old 06-04-2004, 11:48 AM   #47
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Didn't have any problem when I tried it last night on my 2000 Pro machine.

There's a possibility that the program will still work if all the VB files needed are already on your machine. And most machines already have them. My suggestion would be to open up the CAB file inside the zip file. The CAB file has everything needed for the game to run. Just manually unzip it to "C:\Program Files\OOTP6 Era Calculator", set up an icon to the EXE file and give it a try and cross your fingers.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 06-04-2004, 03:10 PM   #48
redsox12
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Tried this...I open the Era Calculator and it says a new league was found and asks me if I want to initiate it. I click Yes and then it asks me the starting season for my league and I enter the last year I completed, then it says:

Quote:
Run-time error '76':

Path not found
Any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #49
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
When I get home tonight and look at the VB code, I'll give you a list of the files it expects to find and where they should be. I know it looks for the MLBActuals.txt and the InitRatings.txt to be in the same folder the EXE file is in. When the season is complete, it looks for the index.html file to be in C:\LeagueSite but that wouldn't be the one your problem is related to since you were just initializing.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 06-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #50
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
... and in my first patch, I'll add some code that "checks" for the files and informs you of what it can't find.

At least it sounds like you'll be fine once we get the files in the right place, so you should be good to go soon.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 06-04-2004, 11:24 PM   #51
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... and in my first patch, I'll add some code that "checks" for the files and informs you of what it can't find.

At least it sounds like you'll be fine once we get the files in the right place, so you should be good to go soon.

Thanks, Iatric, definately appreciate the work that you put in.

Old 06-05-2004, 06:28 AM   #52
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
Presumably this version is not compatible with OOTP 5 ?

Cheers.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #53
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm positive it's not compatible with v4, but I don't remember if it changed with v5. If it did, it was such a small change that I could add a parameter that allows you to use it with either 5 or 6.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 06-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #54
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 8x in 7 posts
That would be great!
Old 06-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #55
Peanut 11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Not seeing a read me in the file. Can you either give a detailed explanation (step by step) of how this works, or point me to a place that does?

Much thanks-
Old 06-06-2004, 12:00 AM   #56
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Peanut 11
Not seeing a read me in the file. Can you either give a detailed explanation (step by step) of how this works, or point me to a place that does?

Much thanks-
This was written for OOTP3, but the same concepts apply. Also, there was a better "manual" written by someone in my league. I think it was Michael Quinn (BigTrain is his screenname I believe).

http://www.bos.iatricsb.com/misc/ERA...umentation.htm

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Old 06-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #57
redsox12
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:

Bum...any updates?
Old 06-20-2004, 02:00 PM   #58
sharpmath
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Unhappy

Alright, I hate to sound like a dick, but I'm hopelessly lost without the Era Calculator to guide my way!

I just wander through seasons like 1918 where my averages... well. Wait a second, I just check my totals to Henry's nifty League Totals Thingy and it appears my numbers are close. But not as close as I'd like.

Real 1918 Average: .254
My 1918 Average: .258

Real 1918 Runs Per Game: 3.63
My 1918 Runs Per Game: 4.1

So a little high. And i'm sure the nuances of doubles and triples are stuff are all messed up.

What I'm trying to say is, I'M LOST!!

Is there anyway I can fool the program into thinking that my F: drive is actually a C: drive?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #59
sharpmath
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Oh wait, here's the bad part.

Real 1918 ERA: 2.76
My 1918 ERA: 3.37

Ack!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 PM   #60
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I'm going to a concert tonight, but I took tomorrow off and will try to get a patch posted.

Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC