Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 06-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #41
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 650x in 281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona
Any update in the near future? My eyes are glued to the tread.
Now that's a scary thought.

We are still waiting, though...

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:00 AM   #42
Dud_Selig
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Holy crapcakes! Do I dare to believe that some ingenious individual is close to devising something resembling a (sorely needed) national origin editor for OOTP? Being able to generate players from South Korea, Taiwan, and Panama too? Can it be true??

Davwms, keep up the great work on this. OOTP is great, but this will make it better.

PS: Please donít forget Curacao.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #43
RayofHope
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei
Hey, Davwms, you have 2000 or so U.S. cities in your database. Want to get more? Explain what the numbers mean in the .dat files and I'll try to build a U.S. city data base that will really rock.
What program do you use to open and edit the data files?

I want more Pacific rim and European names . . . and I'd like to add a bunch of cities from these areas how do I do that? . . .

At the moment all I can do is manually edit the exported .csv file as MD suggested for American cities, only I did for some for Spain, Australia and so on, but I'm severely limited by city choices and regional choices.

Anyone?

Last edited by RayofHope; 07-01-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #44
gubaru
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayofHope
Any text editor should do the trick, e.g. Notepad, Wordpad, etc.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #45
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayofHope
Excel. You could use the free spreadsheet in Open Office to do it if you don't have Excel.

www.openoffice.org

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 AM   #46
RayofHope
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
DAMN I'm an idiot.

I did mention in one of the CatoBase threads that I knew absolutely NOTHING about databases . . . I wasn't kidding either!!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:26 AM   #47
davwms
All Star Starter

Thanked 455x in 303 posts
Since I got the program to work, I decided to go ahead and post it.. You can download it from here: http://pt-sports.com/OOTP/

It is not perfect yet.. and there is a limitation at the moment of 20 origins (Countries) maximum. I can increase this later on..

The cities do have "strength ratings" for frequency but the names do not. I just get sick of seeing too many Jim Smith, Bob Jones, Bill Johnson named players.. You can still modify this by increasing the number of times a name is listed in the name file.

When you run it, you can modify the strengths for each country and as you do this, you will see the frequency percentage for all.. I even included an ALL USA button, that will set it to only US cities and names. You can use that button to set all but the US to 0 frequency, and adjust it to be just another country .. DO NOT SET ALL to 0. This will cause the only known bug in the program and it will crash..

I will add more countries by request. The harder part is finding name files or those countries.. The format of all the files is pretty simple.. If I get requests to explain them I will add it into a future 'release' :-)

I do not know if this will work in any other version than OOTP6...

Remember: Export your PLAYERS_GENERAL.CSV .. OOTP_ORIGINATOR.EXE must be in the same folder. Also, the ORIGINDATA folder must be in the same folder and include all of the necessary data files.

I have not FULLY tested it, I ran it for a ootp created league, imported it back into OOTP6, created the new players for the draft, exported and ran the program again.. I assume that each consecutive season it should work the same.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #48
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Thanked 115x in 63 posts
Great work on this Dave!

I ran a test league and it seemed to work fine. I am about mid-season on my solo league and I can not wait to try it our for real.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:55 PM   #49
davwms
All Star Starter

Cool.. I still need to add more ORIGINS, and NAME files.. but this should be a decent start.. please let me know of any troubles/questions/comments.. and also, feel free to ask for specific contries.. I think I have other name/city files for some European countries someplace.. with the sites listed earlier in this thread it is pretty easy to come up with the ciy data...

...and please, if you use it, I'd greatly appreciate a quick email letting me know that you are using it.. feed my ego a bit.. ;-) .. and if you use it for an online league, send me the URL.. if I get a few, I'll post links on my cheasy little download page..

Last edited by davwms; 07-05-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #50
davwms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei
Excel. You could use the free spreadsheet in Open Office to do it if you don't have Excel.

www.openoffice.org
Actually, the data files are best viewed in a simple text editor like NOTEPAD..
Old 07-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #51
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Thanked 38x in 23 posts
Great program! ... but...

is there any way to make it change just the origins and not the names?

Basically, I wanted to be able to use MD's Historical Name Files when I generate players and then keep those names when I assign origins.

I tried running the Originator without the US name files, but it didn't like that.
Maybe someone could make MD's name lists "Originator compatible"?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #52
davwms
All Star Starter

I can set that up for you... where can I get that name file? I may already have it actually, I'll have to look..
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 AM   #53
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
This looks like a fantastic program.

If you need Scottish and Korean name files (although I see you have Korea already), you can get them here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=65526
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #54
davwms
All Star Starter

I was going to add in your scottish names but at the same time I wanted to just get this out there.. I do plan on adding them in once I get a chance...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #55
davwms
All Star Starter

I also have some Russian and Lithuanian names/cities that I can add in.. I really love Lithuanian names.. and I will get other European names & cities in as well..
Old 07-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #56
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwms
I was going to add in your scottish names but at the same time I wanted to just get this out there.. I do plan on adding them in once I get a chance...

No, quite right! Take your time - this looks wonderful enough to keep me busy for decades and decades. I thought I'd leave the link in your thread so you could find it easier.

Great job again.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #57
davwms
All Star Starter

It is actually a simple program, the hardest and most tedious part was creating the graphic for it.. :-)
Old 07-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #58
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Thanked 38x in 23 posts
Malleus just posted a new version of his Historical Names at OOTPDownloadCenter.com (under Misc.).

Ideally, I'd like the "Originator-compatible" version to be weighted the same as they are in the original, but the files might get unwieldly with 'Smith' listed 93 times or 'Bill' listed 144 times.

Is this possible?
Old 07-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #59
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

If you use my name files in conjunction with the Origin Generator, you can generate a 100% all-American-name, all-American-home-town league in about 5 minutes. It's sweet.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #60
davwms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm8356
Malleus just posted a new version of his Historical Names at OOTPDownloadCenter.com (under Misc.).

Ideally, I'd like the "Originator-compatible" version to be weighted the same as they are in the original, but the files might get unwieldly with 'Smith' listed 93 times or 'Bill' listed 144 times.

Is this possible?
Yes, you can list one name 150 times if you want.. right now I do have it set to a limit of 7000 names in each file.. I don't know why I set it that to be honest. I'm sure that I can increase this.