Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 02-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #21
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 731x in 455 posts
Cruel, cruel world..

HOLD ON!!! Is that a BOBBLE head!? Is my own work being used against me here!? Hardly seems fair...
Old 02-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #22
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble
HOLD ON!!! Is that a BOBBLE head!? Is my own work being used against me here!? Hardly seems fair...
Oh wait, I guess Deft can say the same thing ....
Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #23
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Going for the triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
I'll vote for the same concept as the logos (just like what Bobble said). I also love to be able to put a fictional face rather than the default one.
Or, you could prescribe one unique face for each different logo. Like everyone uses the same face alinkens used for Timberjacks, a different face for the next one.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #24
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Quote:
Or, you could prescribe one unique face for each different logo. Like everyone uses the same face alinkens used for Timberjacks, a different face for the next one.
Good suggestion.

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League

Current OOTP 16 Leagues - MLB Pro - (2014-Present) Detroit Tigers, Sim Sports Global - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 AM   #25
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Well, I dont know if that one is "specifically" a Bobble Head, but it certainly looks like one..

If everyone does not know I have 16 bags o' heads on my wesite. Before everyone starts saying "great job" I didnt create one single head, I just host them because I love using them.

Also, I would say that the head is part of the uniform look and once the logo to be used is unvieled we should be able to use whichever fictional face we want on the uniform. I would think that if you take the time to find the perfect face that you should get extra points towards winning the contest...

I think we need a 3rd party (possible Eugene Church) to tell us which logo to use, take the complete uniforms and present them in a group without creators names so that people can vote un-biasedly.

But I guess first we need to decide on the rules...

1. All Uniforms to be created in DEFT's Template (Either normal, front facing or 1900s allowed?)
2. All Faces are to be fictional faces, but dont have to be the same?

Figure a week from the posting of the logo till the deadline for getting the uniform to the 3rd party host?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #26
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I'd suggest that we stick to the normal angle template (which would include the 1900's one, I guess). While I like the front-facing template, my thinking is that these unis will promote people creating heads we can all use. Right now we don't have enough heads at the "normal" angle let alone diluting that with heads at a different angle.

Any fictional face is OK with me. A week to complete the uni sounds reasonable but we're 5 logos behind. I'd like to see an official start from EC on #1 and just go a week at a time from there.

Is it as many submissions as you want? Limit to three?
Old 02-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #27
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I would say 2 entries per person, that way if you wanted you could make a home and an away uniform.

Eugene, when you start the thread announcing the start of the contest week can you please post the logo so that we all make sure we know which one we are doing.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #28
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
A week to complete the uni sounds reasonable but we're 5 logos behind.
5?? I see the Timberjacks, Tejanos, Sunrays, and Rounders. (The winner for Rounders is not announced yet right?)
Old 02-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #29
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,589x in 1,738 posts
Since this is Deft's idea, it would be my suggestion that he devise the rules and procedures...unless this would give him an advantage over the other participants. He should take into consideration other opinions expressed here in this thread, then make a decision on the rules and procedures.

If the uniform designers agree with this proposal, then I will take the rules and procedures and post them each week like we did for the logo favorites. Since I am not skilled with posting polls and graphics on the forum, we would need someone like jnshmoo (who did a superb job on the logo polls) to take care of that. It would be great if we could convince him to do it. If it does not overload him, he might perhaps consider it. If he can't do it, I'm sure there are many other talented computer guys who would be willing to do it. This community is really blessed with talented and gifted people who share their time and skill with us.

Let me know what your feelings are about this proposal.

Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-11-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #30
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Good idea I am in.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #31
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I defer to Deft as he made all of this possible with his Template..
Old 02-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #32
richw138
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
my thoughts

There have been some great suggestions for this off-shoot contest.
These are the ideas I particularly like -

1) Being able to submit 2 uniforms for the contest (possibly home/away jerseys)
2) Using only fictional faces (I posted the Andruw Jones pic as kind of a joke.)
3) We should definitely be making our own faces for the uni's - as the face is a big part of what will set the uniforms apart and make them stand out. I'm just as curious to see what faces people come up with as what uniforms they stick them in.

Just my 2 cents. I'll be taking part in the contest regardless of what the rules end up being.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #33
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I would like to be able to use any pre-made fictional face instead of only "original" faces. I dont have facegen and would not be able to create any new faces.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #34
Deft
All Star Reserve

Thanked 15x in 3 posts
These would be my suggestions for rules:

1) Use the standard angled template, but you can use parts from the 1900's template too.
2) Submit 4 .bmp pictures- Home and Road Unis, in the default face and two with faces of your own making
3) Submit the 2 template files used to make the Home and Road Uni's

The contest would be run like the logo contest where everyone has a time limit and submit to a third party that post the contest and the images. When complete the total package of images will be zipped and uploaded to one of the download sites.
Jersey and Cap GIMP/Photoshop Templates 3.0
Old 02-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #35
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft
2) Submit 4 .bmp pictures- Home and Road Unis, in the default face and two with faces of your own making
3) Submit the 2 template files used to make the Home and Road Uni's
2) Can the faces be from the already made bags o heads?
3) You want the .PSD file so people can instert new heads into the uniform?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #36
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,589x in 1,738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinkens
I would say 2 entries per person, that way if you wanted you could make a home and an away uniform.

Eugene, when you start the thread announcing the start of the contest week can you please post the logo so that we all make sure we know which one we are doing.
When Deft decides on the final rules and procedures and post them in this current thread and most of the uniform designers have offered suggestions for the rules, then I will post my thread with the logo and the rules. You want to make sure the rules are clear and cover all the bases before you begin. This will avoid problems.

As soon as the ground rules are decided, I will post the first logo in a thread and will include the rules and procedures.

So far, the logos that have been done are: Portland Timberjacks, San Antonio Tejanos, San Jose Sunrays and Indianapolis Rounders.

Do we have anyone who could create a poll and receive and post all of the entries and then upload all the entries to JoeRock's and BigCity's host sites?

They would do what jnshmoo did for the Logos.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-12-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #37
alinkens
All Star Starter

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I can host the uniforms on my site once each week is over.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 AM   #38
Deft
All Star Reserve

Thanked 15x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinkens
2) Can the faces be from the already made bags o heads?
3) You want the .PSD file so people can instert new heads into the uniform?
2) I would make the default head be just the default head I supplied in the template so just the uniforms are compared. 2 home and away pictures are just the uniform with the default head. I think intead of 4 maybe just three. The third would be up to the designers imagination. (Options: Alternate uni, Michael Jordan returns to baseball, Andruw Jones, you name it just as long as its the same team using the template)
3) Correct. Make it so everyone can enjoy your work.

Okay here's my shot at the rules:

1)The moderator and or team decides on the team name and mascot (at least initially the same as the logo contest).

2) The moderators give a time limit for when to submit the entries

3) The logo to be used in the uniform must be made from one of the presented logos in the contest (note: it does not have to be the winning logo from the logo contest)

4) The art on the uniform must be used from the selected logo but the lettering can be the designers own.

5) Make the uniform template with my standard template (Note: If you want to modify a template color or some other uniform mod, that is fine as long as it is interchangeable with Bobble heads)

6) Make 4 .bmp (1 home/1 away using the default head in my template, 1 alternate (using the same template but a different face and/or alternate uniform)

7) Zip the template .PSD files and the bmp files and upload them alinken. Send the

8) The moderator or chosen alternate will post the bmp files in the poll and the polling will last a week.

Image size:
90 x 135

I am working on a house we just bought so I will be out of pocket for a bit but , I am interested in seeing some of the entries.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:09 AM   #39
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft
6) Make 4 .bmp (1 home/1 away using the default head in my template, 1 alternate (using the same template but a different face and/or alternate uniform)
Looks great, Deft, except that it should be 3 .bmp files right?

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League

Current OOTP 16 Leagues - MLB Pro - (2014-Present) Detroit Tigers, Sim Sports Global - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 AM   #40
Deft
All Star Reserve

Thanked 15x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
Looks great, Deft, except that it should be 3 .bmp files right?
2+1=3 Correct! My Bad