Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 02-20-2005, 12:03 AM   #21
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

Thanked 66x in 37 posts
I downloaded the offseason one on the site and the stats don't seem to be right.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #22
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
what stats are you referring to? if you mean the current and previous season stats, then you are correct, they are not updated. as i stated in my posts, i dont have a way to change them, but the career stats ARE correct. this includes their career minor league stats and their playoff stats and even the batters that took it upon themselves to attempt pitching (ala Mark Grace). about 90% of them are done and i am finishing them now with the next set to be released in about 3 weeks, this will be evident
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 02-20-2005, 01:37 AM   #23
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

Thanked 66x in 37 posts
Sorry about that. I'm looking forward to your next set. Nice work on your rosters, I appreciate the work.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:59 AM   #24
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 222x in 113 posts
Sosa still listed with Cubs

I thought I downloaded the most recent version of your rosters, but Sosa is still with the Cubs. Is another update coming soon or did I dl the wrong version a few days ago?
Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #25
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
where did you download it from (what site) and which one did you get? you need to get the one that says "currently in the offseason"
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #26
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 48x in 38 posts
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is anyone else having problems with the in-game dates?

Looking at the league standings page and the date that is always in the upper right hand corner it will for example (as it does right now) say Saturday, 4/3/2005. I then go into the schedule page and the Displayed Date is Monday, 4/3/2005 and that is always the 'correct' current date (as in it doesn't show me the wrong day, the game thinks it is Monday 4/3/2005 while other parts tell me it's Saturday 4/3/2005). The news section thinks it's Saturday 4/3 as well. Any idea how to fix this?

I've tried generating new schedules, changing the starting date and the day the year starts on but none of it fixes it.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #27
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 22 halofan

Simleague central roster updated through Jan. 22. I am downloading again and will check. Looks like same link or file, but I may be wrong. Sosa was still on Cubs and all rosters were blank. I assume you have to run automanager for the whole league and that you placed most of the players in the minors without making the roster decisions.

I'll post again once this morning's download is done. Everything is probably OK and I'll apologize in advance for any confusion
Old 02-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #28
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
try deleting the halofan set all together and then re-extracting it as if you just joined making certain you have the one that is dated (in the file description) Feb 22nd ( i think that is the date i put) and it says "currently in the offseason"

As for the schedule issue, there was one other person (that i can remember, i have an awful short term memory...too many extra ciricular activities as a teen i guess) that mentioned he had this problem, but i cant see this problem in my file. i would recommend that if you are not VERY connected to the halofan file, that you delete it and re-extract it again and maybe that will fix it, but i cant be certain about that.
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #29
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
**correction**

i was wrong in the date, i hadnt updated it yet, but it is now correct and its the one dated in the middle of Feb.
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-23-2005, 02:55 PM   #30
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

All is OK

I downloaded again this morning and everything seems fine. Sosa is on Baltimore, etc.

Now what would be interesting is to see what results people are getting as they sim out the 2005 season with these latest roster changes.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #31
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i havent heard anything and this is one of the things i WANT to hear about the most because i can make adjustements off of this. I know what my tests have produced but there are different results im sure of
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #32
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 61x in 48 posts
Hey, just to confirm the date issue... had it in the league I am currently playing out (only 4 games in---no biggie) so just to be sure I downloaded the current file and still have the two day discrepancy. It's an awesome file, though, especially considering my Tigers opened the season 3-1 (I know it is early)
Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #33
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
did you try the idea i mentioned a couple posts back about deleting the file?
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #34
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 61x in 48 posts
Well I didn't delete the old zip, I just replaced the one I had and then unzipped it into a different .lg file (Halo2.lg) I called it...I thought this was a good approach to test the situation, though if it doesn't really effect the league I already started, I won't likely replace it (unless the Tigers lose the next ten games--which is a possibility...) Would changing the date the league starts on make a difference?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:23 PM   #35
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Thanked 61x in 48 posts
Okay, talk about obvious...changing the date for the season to start on Monday fixed the problem. Anyway, I'll just shut up now...Go Tigers!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:08 PM   #36
Tequilaworm
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I have been trying out this roster set myself recently and it is awesome. Thanks for all the current updates

I have run a couple of seasons and the results are kind of interesting. The first season was won by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim over the San Diego Padres and the next by the Minnestota Twins over the Milwaukee Brewers.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #37
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
now damnit! i cant get the Angels to win the series in my tests lol
The best Angels fan site
Old 02-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #38
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I've run 2005 four times

The Angels are in the hunt all four times that I've run the season. I'm consistently seeing the Yankees and Dodgers near the top of the heap.

What puzzles me is just how variable the results are for Detroit, Boston and Houston. Sometimes they are the wildcard and, other times, completely out of contention.

I really cannot believe Detroit and Kansas City pop up in the running.

Two questions for Halofan:

-- Any idea why automanager would send Reds 1B Sean Casey to the minors (78 contact rating, career year last year, still young for a veteran) and put Victor Diaz, 23, (a 73 contact hitter) on the main roster?

-- I appreciate all of your hard work, especially on all the minor league prospects, ratings, etc., but will you have a final version where you manually fill in the rosters and rotations with the most likely starters?

Automanager just makes some really odd decisions.

I'll post more specifics about the four seasons that I ran, especially the league totals to help you see if they're in line with the real thing.

Last edited by rasnell; 02-24-2005 at 01:54 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #39
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 48x in 38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell
The Angels are in the hunt all four times that I've run the season. I'm consistently seeing the Yankees and Dodgers near the top of the heap.

What puzzles me is just how variable the results are for Detroit, Boston and Houston. Sometimes they are the wildcard and, other times, completely out of contention.

I really cannot believe Detroit and Kansas City pop up in the running.
Same thing happens with me as mentioned above, but in the AL Central I can actually see Detroit or Kansas City making a run at the title in a strange year. They aren't that far behind the Twins and White Sox, really. Same with the Indians. I wouldn't consider any of that a problem though.

Also, some older players don't have their 2005 stats showing up on their career stats page. Jeff Kent, Juan Gonzalez come to mind as they both surpassed newsworthy milestones in 2005 but I couldn't see their stat lines except on the first player page you get when clicking on. Go to their HTML or their career stats and '05 performance is gone. Not sure if it happens to younger players as I haven't seen any yet.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #40
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i have not a single clue as to why the auto manager does what it does....if i could answer that one, i would

I will NOT do player movements because the last time i did it (in 2004) i got so many complaint emails about people telling me that certain players shouldnt be on the ML roster and certain ones shouldnt be on the 40-man. there is just to big of an opinion when it comes to that and i dont want to get the emails again lol.......now if i have a ton of emails saying that is what people want, then that may change things, but as of right now, no that is not an option that i will undertake.

i cant explain the 2005 stats not being there only because i havent seen it as of yet, but that doesnt mean i wont see it, but until then, i cant really do much, but if it is happening, then it most likely has something to do with me editing their stats, but i cant guarantee that
The best Angels fan site