Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 02-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #61
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
yeah that is something i have found also, but cant fix it
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 03-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #62
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
My first three seasons completed. The results are:

2005 World Series Winner
Toronto, beat Washington 4 to 2

2006 World Series Winner
Los Angeles (A), beat New York (N) 4 to 3

2007 World Series Winner
Cleveland, beat Pittsburgh 4 to 3

I'm Pittsburgh of course
Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 AM   #63
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Toronto????!!! Blasphemy!! you must not have my roster set LMAO

then again, you did have the Halos with the win and i dont care what anyone says...Los Angeles is just plain WRONG!

*currently waiting for my "say no to L.A." shirt!*
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #64
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
Just an FYI, I don't see Zach Duke listed on the Pirates' roster anywhere.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 03-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #65
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Yeah, I meant to mention this. He is viewed as the one of the top, if not the best, Bucs prospect and should definitely be on the minor league rosters, probably in AAA.

Last edited by CLancaster23; 03-02-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #66
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Lack of 50+ homer hitters?

I was just looking at my Almanacs and I am 4 seasons into the league and I have exactly 0 50+ homer hitters...

I think this is a TAD low considering all the home run hitters we have today. Must be something in the settings?

My current leaders are Gary Sheffiled in '05 with 47 and Aubrey Huff in '07 with 48.

This biggest power rating in the game right now in the start of '09 is Alex Rodriguez with 101 and he hit 43 last season. Albert Pujols next with a 99 and hit just 37. Third is David Ortiz with 96 and he hit 36. Is this average? Am I expecting too much?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #67
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Duke has since been added as he was accidently deleted from the current update but that is long been fixed and you will see him on the next update

As for the 50 HR seasons.....you HAVE to be kidding me right? lol This is a perfect example of why i say what i say about the ratings in OOTP. I have heard that the ratings are too high and there is a ton of 50 HR seasons, now i hear there is none? lol well keep in mind that since 1921, there have only been a total of 34 times that a player has ever hit 50 HR with only 23 different players not to mention that out of those 23 players, 11 of them had only 1 50 HR season (Bonds, Maris, Gonzalez, Greenberg, Hack Wilson, Thome, Foster, Fielder, Brady Anderson, Greg Vaughn and Albert Belle) and out of those players none of them have come close to those numbers again and a few of them were fluke seasons (Vaughn, Gonzalez, Anderson, Foster, Fielder and Belle). You are only 4 seasons into it so i would like to know, just how many 50 HR hitters you are wanting because in the entire history of real baseball, only those 34 total times has a player hit over 50 (not including Oh, Cabrera and Rhodes in the Japanese League). Be patient and when you have played 130 seasons and you still have no 50 HR hitters, then id start worrying.....mind it is nice to hear that someone is not getting all the HRs that "everyone" else is telling me they are getting
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #68
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
You may have gotten this question a hundred times already but hwen ar eyou planning an update? When the season starts?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #69
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
no, around the middle of every month in the offseason i will update it. During the season will be around every 3 weeks there will be an update
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #70
Tequilaworm
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLancaster23
Lack of 50+ homer hitters?

I was just looking at my Almanacs and I am 4 seasons into the league and I have exactly 0 50+ homer hitters...

I think this is a TAD low considering all the home run hitters we have today. Must be something in the settings?

My current leaders are Gary Sheffiled in '05 with 47 and Aubrey Huff in '07 with 48.

This biggest power rating in the game right now in the start of '09 is Alex Rodriguez with 101 and he hit 43 last season. Albert Pujols next with a 99 and hit just 37. Third is David Ortiz with 96 and he hit 36. Is this average? Am I expecting too much?
There is no Balco in OOTP, so that may be the problem...tell the players to get in touch with Jose Canseco and he might be able to help them out

"We're supposed to be perfect our first day on the job and then show constant improvement."
--Ed Vargo, Major League Baseball Umpire

WPBL Commish/Houston Astros
Old 03-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #71
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
i might change one of the "injury.txt" files to say something like "subpoened to court over Steroid allegations" lol
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #72
William Satterwhite
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 21x in 14 posts
One issue I just noticed the other day is that Tom Martin of the Braves didn't have any service time in the roster I downloaded a couple of days ago. I fixed it myself but don't know if you've noticed it yourself or if any other veteran players might have this problem.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #73
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
One other thing I noticed about the Bucs.... Minor league 1B Brad Eldred should be rated a lot better, at least a 4-star prospect. Check his minor league numbers for last year to see why (A - 21 HR, 77 RBI, .310/.397 in just 91 games AA - 17 HR, 60 RBI, .279/.329 in just 39 games). He's expected to start out in AAA this year I hear.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #74
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLancaster23
One other thing I noticed about the Bucs.... Minor league 1B Brad Eldred should be rated a lot better, at least a 4-star prospect. Check his minor league numbers for last year to see why (A - 21 HR, 77 RBI, .310/.397 in just 91 games AA - 17 HR, 60 RBI, .279/.329 in just 39 games). He's expected to start out in AAA this year I hear.
I'm not so sure his ratings from him aren't good. Keep in mind that he was 23 years old while starting out the year in A ball last season. He had good numbers in college, but his first two seasons in the minors weren't spectacular (0.283 10HR with 276 ABs in 2002 in the Penn league and 0.250 28HR with 420 ABs in 2003 in low A-ball). While it's quite possible he could explode in to a superstar, based on his career numbers, it doesn't look like it. We'll have to see how well he does in AA/AAA this season.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #75
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan26
i might change one of the "injury.txt" files to say something like "subpoened to court over Steroid allegations" lol
Yeah, I'm not sure if there are going to be any 50+ homerun hitters this year. FYI, there weren't any 50+ HR hitters last year in MLB, Beltre led the majors with 48.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #76
franco74
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hey halofan;
thanks again for the rosters...

2 things I noticed -

1. When playing out a game the weather is messed up - it shows in the play by play box as a various string of numbers and letters - is there a way to fix this - by me or you

2. All the teams have the same fan interest - I can't seem to find a way to fix this

will a newer set address these issues -

thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #77
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
operation pretty much said it when it concerns Eldred. Big dude and a monster swing tho, but based on his stuff so far, he just hasnt proven everything to me yet, remember this is based on my opinion and it may not be agreed upon by all or may not even be agreed upon by most.

Franco74-I dont have a clue about the weather and have no idea how to fix it as i havent touched the weather settings in my set. As for the fan interest, it was set that way by me so that everyone had the same fan interest all around. All you need to do is edit the fan interest.

so in short a newer set will not address these issues because of the reasons i stated above

btw, Eldred is a player that is due to be re-rated because he is one of the players that doesnt have his 2004 stats in his ratings, whoever after putting his new ratings in, he still is under a 4 star, barely, but still under it. Keep in mind he did have 142 Ks in 420 AB in 2003 and 138Ks in 454 AB and this is the first season he hit over .300 (.304) but those K's will affect his star rating. Remember that all im doing is putting in stats and the game makes the star ratings, not me.
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #78
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Why is it that every team resorts to a 5 SP/4 Reliever staff? I'm at the end of '011 and every team but my own has a 5/4 staff..... You don't see 9-man pitching staffs these days.

Also, just an update from my last post, still no 50 homer hitters 7 years into the league

I find it odd though. I have a guy with say a 60 HR rating hit 10 homers but I'll have another guy with a 40-50 HR rating hit 20-25???
Old 03-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #79
halofan26
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
wish i had answers for ya on those, but with all the differnet results im getting for the last 16-18 months, there isnt really much i can do....i mean i can go ahead and jack the HR ratings higher and then how many people will pitch a fit that there is 60-70 HR seasons left and right.....its really more of an odds game
The best Angels fan site
Old 03-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #80
GForce
Banned

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Infractions: 0/2 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco74
Hey halofan;
thanks again for the rosters...

2 things I noticed -

1. When playing out a game the weather is messed up - it shows in the play by play box as a various string of numbers and letters - is there a way to fix this - by me or you

2. All the teams have the same fan interest - I can't seem to find a way to fix this

will a newer set address these issues -

thanks
DCHepler25 did fan interest ratings when I did TotalMinors a couple of years ago. A search may yield them.

GH