Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

OOTP Baseball 19 is Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #221
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
May 10th-May 16th

May 10th, 2024: Max Povse is off to AAA to begin his rehab assignment.

Ender Inciarte of the Yankees rose his hit streak to 20 in a 3-2 loss to the Blue Jays. Rhys Hoskins hit his 300th career homer as the Bo Sox beat the Tigers 7-2.

Now just 1.5 games out, we'd host the Royals for two to start our 6 game homestand. We'd see Alec Mills (2-3, 6.89 ERA) and former Marlin Tyler Mahle (1-1, 4.43 ERA) from the 16-16 Royals.

May 11th, 2024: The White Sox lost RHP Ryan eades for the year with a torn labrum. In 6 starts, he was 2-2 with a 4.55 ERA.

Jordan Montgomery (3-2, 1.75 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) hosted the Royals and Alex Mills (2-3, 6.89 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) as we opened the quick two game set. It was a tight one, but we edged them out 2-1 to start the series.

Monty was brilliant, 6 innings with just a single run and walk, 4 hits, and 4 strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella got the win, tossing 2 innings and getting 2 strikeouts with just 1 hit. Jorge Moya earned the save with 2 strikeotus in a perfect 9th.

We only had two hits, but it was enough to take this one. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-2 with a walk and triple. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a solo homer.

Kyle Seager hit his 300th homer ans the Phillies beat the White Sox 8-7.

May 13th, 2024: Now just half a game out of first, we looked to finish the sweep with Mike Soroka (4-2, 3.96 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) battling Tyler Mahle (1-1, 4.43 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). It was his first game back in Miami, so we gave him a nice welcome back. So nice, in fact, that we tallied 10 runs off them to win the finale 10-6.

Soroka had a rough outing, 5 runs (4 earned) in 4 innings off 4 hits, a walk, and three strikeouts. He was hurt by a 5 run 2nd. Toussaint got the win against the team that waived him, 2 innings with a hit and 3 strikeouts, to lower his Malrins ERA to 1.23. Tyler Jay allowed a run in 1.2 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored, a RBI, solo homer, and steal. Lewis Brinson hit a pinch hit grand slam in the 4th. Seth Beer was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Blake Tiberi was 2-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and RBI.

Inciarte's hit streak was snapped at 21.

We're still just a half game out of first, but we'd host the 17-17 Brewers for four. We'd see most of the rotation, Denyi Reyes (1-3, 4.64 ERA), Jimmy Nelson (0-4, 5.34 ERA), Thomas Hatch (4-1, 2.56 ERA), and Jacob Nix (2-3, 5.25 ERA).

May 13th, 2024: A fresh batch of Power Rankings has us right where we belong: 1st place. The Mets dropped to third, with the Mariners between us. I like to think me and the Mariners have funded each other with all the trades we've made.

We opened the Brewers series with Jake Florence (2-3, 4.09 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) taking on Denyi Reyes (1-3, 4.64 ERA, 1.33 WHIP). It was a near-perfect way to open the series, a nice 10-0 shutout to start the four game series off on the right foot. Florence tossed 5.1 shutout innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 3.2 innings, with just 1 hit and 4 strikeouts.

May 15th, 2024: Well, my former 2nd Round Jaheim Meggett finally gets on the 40-man roster, but partially tore his UCL, costing him his season. For now, he'll stay on the minor league DL, but eventually, he'll need to be transfered.

The Mets got a big blow to their rotation, losing David Peterson for the year. He was 4-3 with a 2.66 ERA to start the season as the Mets cling on to a half game lead.

We looked to stay hot with Walker Bueler (1-3, 5.18 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) taking on Jimmy Nelson (0-4, 5.34 ERA, 1.81 WHIP). Neither pitcher should be struggling as much as they are to start the season. The starters were great, and late scoring was what made the difference. Both teams scored 1 in the 8th, and we lead 2-1 heading into the 9th. Moya blew the save, and the Brew Crew tied it at 2. Former Brewer Lewis Brinson launched a pinch-hit, 2 run homer as we walked off winners.

Buehler looked like himself, 7 shutout innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers allowed a run in 0.2 innings with a pair of hits and a strikeout. Moya, who ended up getting the win, allowing a solo homer, walk, and got a strikeout in the top of the 9th.

Blake Tiberi was 1-for-4 with an RBI double. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a steal. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

Brian Dozier hit #300 as the White Sox beat the Indians 6-4.

May 15th, 2024: I traded LHP Tyler Jay and LF Brody Cook to the Angels for RHP Hansel Robles. Robles is about as talented as Jay (if not better) and is a righty, which helps balance my pen a bit better. Jay was struggling, and Robles has 17 strikeouts in 13.1 innings with a passable 4.05 ERA and 1.35 WHIP.

The Dodgers lost young righty Kevin Jalbert for the year with radial nerve compression. The former 2nd Rounder wasn't off to the best start, but he has top of the rotation potential.

We looked to win the series today with Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 4.76 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) facing former Marlin Thomas Hatch (4-1, 2.56 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). For some reason the ice cold Nick Gordon is hitting 4th, but I trust Aaron Boone. And just like magic, he was 2-for-4 in the 4-2 win.

McDaniels went 5.2 innings, with 6 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani tossed 1.1 innings, allowing 2 hits, a run, and a walk, but earned the win. Alpha Quivers got a hold, and Moya struck out the last two hitters to earn the save.

Austin Hedges was 2-for-3 with a double and three RBI's. Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-4 wtih a double and 2 runs scored. Adam Haseley was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

And finally, the Mets decided to lose, and we now have 1st place all to ourselves!

May 16th, 2024: We looked to finish the homestand sweep, with Jordan Montgomery (3-2, 1.71 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) taking on Jacob Nix (2-3, 5.25 ERA, 0.94 WHIP). Another brilliant outing by Monty lead to the 6-1 win, as we swept through the Brewers.

Montgomery tossed 5.1 innings, allowing 5 hits, a walk, and he recorded 5 strikeouts. Shiotani and Ernesto Estrella earned holds before we scored 3 in the 7th. Toussaint allowd a run and a hit in the 8th, but struck out the side.

Seth Beer was 2-for-3 with a pair of solo shots and a walk. He's got 11 for the season. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored, a double, walk and RBI.

We've got a big road trip ahead of us, and I checked our splits, we're actually 9-7 on the road. I couldn't believe it! We start with the Pirates for four, facing Trevor Williams (0-1, 3.05 ERA), Nick Burdi (2-1, 4.60 ERA), Mitch Keller (4-1, 3.65 ERA), and Gage Hisz (3-3, 4.43 ERA). I'm worried about fatigue setting in, as we don't have a day off until the 27th.

Check out my finished dynasty report, "Bringing Back Baltimore" where I miraculously turn the 2018 Orioles in to Champions: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...98#post4337198
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #222
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
May 17th-May 23rd

May 17th, 2024: A.J. Puckett will head to AAA to star a rehab assignment.

We opened the four game set in Pittsburgh with Mike Soroka (4-2, 4.46 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) taking on Trevor Williams (0-1, 3.05 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). We scored 5 in the 6th, and that was all the scoring in the game.

Soroka was great, 7.1 scorless with 6 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint and Mason Barnett finished the last 1.2 innings, with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout, although all were charged to Toussaint.

Nick Gordon seems to have started to get back on trach, 3-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Adam Haseley was 1-for-4 with a base clearing double, run scored, and steal. Blake Tiberi was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a walk and RBI.

May 18th, 2024: We looked to extend our win streak to 10 with Jake Florence (3-3, 3.52 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) taking on Nick Burdi (2-1, 4.60 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). It took 10 innings to determine a winner, but Seth Beer launched a solo shot in the top of the inning to give us a 4-3 lead we'd keep.

The only problem was CF Mickey Moniak left with an injury.

Florence had an interesting start, 6 innings with 6 hits, a run, a walk, but no strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella had a rough outing, allowing 2 runs off 2 hits with just 1 out. The rest of the pen combiend for 3/2 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Jorge Moya got the win, and Yasukazu Shiotani earned his first save of the year.

Nick Kingery hit a pinch hit 2-run homer in the 7th. Beer was 2-for-5 with the go ahead solo homer and a double. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a walk. Adam Haseley was 1-for-2 with a double, 2 walks, and a run scored.

May 19th, 2024: Luckily, Moniak's injury isn't serious, just a tender elbow that'll cost him maybe a week, but he can play through it. Remember, he's fragile, so the injuries have to be expected to come with his generally elite play.

Former Marlins SP Jameson Taillon is out for the eyar with a torn labrum. The now Diamondback was 0-3 with a 4.50 ERA to start his season.

We looked to push it to 11, with Walker Buehler (1-3, 4.28 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) taking on Mitch Keller (4-1, 3.65 ERA, 0.93 WHIP). I gave Moniak the day off in favor of Lewis Brinson. I don't know how we did it, but we shut them out 1-0 and we just can't lose right now. We're now an impressive 27-13 after we were struggling to stay much over .500.

Buehler tossed a gem, 5.1 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 10 strikeouts. Hansel Robles earned a hold, tossign 1.2 innings with 3 strikeouts. Quivers got his 8th hold pitching the 8th, and Jorge Moya earned his 14th save, lowering his ERA to 0.96.

Brinson was 1-for-4 with a steal to reward me for playing him. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a run scored. Adam Hasely and Shoehi Ohtani were both 1-for-4 with a double.

The Mariners 3B Euegenio Suarez hit for the cycle in a 13-0 demolition of the Rangers. He was a perfect 5-for-5, and hit his homer off RF Jason Heyward, who is finally off the Cubs payroll. It was his 2nd career pitching apperaence, having a scorless inning back in 2018.

May 20th, 2024: Down in AAA, 1B Ryan Mountcastle was named player of the week. He hit .400 with 4 homers and 14 RBI's.

The Red Sox will be without 29-year-old SP Alfredo Rivera for the year with a torn rotator cuff. River came over from Cuba in the 2022 offseason, and has worked a 8-1 record with a 4.39 ERA and 1.32 WHIP.

And of course, we're #1 in the Power Rankings, but the Nationals are #2. They're an impressive 24-16 and just 3 games out of first. Of course, our division just has to be too good...

Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 3.18 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) took on Gage Hinsz (3-3, 4.43 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) as we looked to finish the sweep. We rallied for 13 runs and took the finale 13-6.

Mickey Moniak re-injured his elbow, and the diagnosis is pending, but I'm sending him to the DL.

McDaniels allowed 4 runs and 8 hits in 3.1 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Ernesto Esterlla allowed 2 runs in 0.2 innings later in the game, allowing 3 hits. The rest of the pen tossed 3 innings with 2 hits and a walk, and 5 strikeouts.

Seth Beer was a perfect 4-for-4 with 3 runs scored, 2 driven in, 2 walks, and a triple away from the cycle. Thomas Dillard was 4-for-5 with 2 runs scored, 5 RBI's, and a double. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-5 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, a walk, and a homer. Adam Haseley was 2-for-6 with 3 RBI's and two doubles.

Lot's of moves after the game: Moniak to the DL, Estrella and McDaniels to AAA, Povse and Puckett were both recalled form their rehab assighment.

I'd call up an outfielder tomorrow. I wish it would be Cole Roederer, but he's out for 3-4 months. Carlos Soler is the likely replacement.

Our win streak is up to 12, as we head to Cincinnati to take on the Reds for three. We'd see Hunter Greene (1-4, 5.65 ERA), Vladimir Gutierrez (1-0, 3.26 ERA), and former Marlin Zach Davies (2-4, 4.62 ERA).

May 21st, 2024: Moniak just has a sore hamstring, but it wasn't worth risking re-injury again. He'll just spend the minimum on the DL, and should be back in 10 days. I recalled RF Carlos Soler from AAA to replace him.

We opened the series with the Reds, with Jordan Montgomery (4-2, 1.52 ERA, 1.01 WHIP) battling Alan Taylor (3-1, 3.61 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) who jumped into the rotation. All good things must come to an end, as we lost 7-4.

Montgomery went 4 innings, allowing 5 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 4. Touki Toussaint, Max Povse, and Alpha Quivers allowed single runs, although Tousaaint was the only who got an out (1 inning pitched).

Adam Haseley hit a pinch hit solo homer in the 9th. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Carlos Soler was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's in his return to the majors. As long as we don't start a huge drought, I'm not worried about this single loss.

May 22nd, 2024: We looked to bounce back with Mike Soroka (5-2, 3.78 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) taking on Hunter Greene (1-4, 5.65 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). We were bested again, this time 6-5. This is what I was afraid of...

Soroka allowed 4 runs in 5 innings with 7 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Hasnel Robles and Luiz Gohara earned holds, but Max Povse blew the save, allowing 2 runs off 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout, in the 8th inning.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a double, homer, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Adam Haseley was 3-for-4 with a walk, run scored, a pair of RBI's, and a homer. Deshawn Hardamon was 1-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and triple. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a run scored and a double.

Joey Wentz tossed a 3-hit shutout as his Braves barley beat the Rockies 1-0.

May 23rd, 2024: We looked to avoid the sweep, with A.J. Puckett (3-1, 3.81 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) making his return to the rotation. He'd face former Marlin Zach Davies (2-4, 4.62 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). We took the finale 6-2 to avoid the sweep.

Puckett tossed 5.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Toussaint, Mason Barnett, and Yasukazu Shiotani earned holds, and Jorge Moya pitched the 9th, despite us scoring 1 in the 9th.

Scott Kingery was a perfect 4-for-4 with a steal, 2 runs, 3 RBI's, a walk, and a homer. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a walk and solo homer. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a run scored, walk, RBI, and a double. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a walk and double.

The Tigers 3B Kennan Pulsifier extended his hit streak to 20. The former #1 overall pick is hitting an impressive .369 with 14 homers and 36 RBI's in his 2nd big leauge season.

At 29-15, we hold a 2.5 game lead over the Mets for first place. Ironically, three of the four best teams in the league (Seattle is 27-18) and the top three teams in the NL are in the East.

We finish our long stretch of games without a day off with three at home against the Cardinals. We will host former Marlin Tylor Megill (2-4, 4.67 ERA), Tyler Beede (2-3, 4.41 ERA), and Chris Archer (2-3, 5.09 ERA) before a much needed day off, as we've played everyday since May 11th.

Check out my finished dynasty report, "Bringing Back Baltimore" where I miraculously turn the 2018 Orioles in to Champions: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...98#post4337198
Old 06-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #223
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
May 24th-May 30th

May 24th, 2024: Just to make things easier, I moved the draft to the 4th so it would occur after I finish a home and away with the Rays.

We opened a three game set hosting the Cardinals, with Jake Florence (3-3, 3.25 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) facing former Marlin Tylor Megill (2-4, 4.67 ERA, 1.33 WHIP). We scored 7 in the 7th and took the opener 13-4.

Flroence tossed 6.1 innings, with 7 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint allowed 2 runs off 2 hits in the 9th with 2 strikeouts.

Seth Beer was 2-for-3 with a pair of homers, 2 walks, 3 runs scored, and 5 RBI's. Nick Gordon was 2-for-5 with a 2-run homer. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, double, and 2 RBI's. Adam Haseley was 2-for-5 with a walk, 2 runs scored, and 2 RBI's. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a walk and 2 runs scored.

Kennan Pulsifer's hit streak was ended at 20 games in a 5-2 Tigers loss to the Braves.

May 25th, 2024: The Red Sox will be without RHP Beau Burrows for the year with a stretched elbow ligament. He tossed 7 scorless innings in 2 games (1 start) with 5 strikeouts and 4 walks.

The Cubs will be without LHP Robbie Ray for the year with a ruprtured unlar collateral ligament. He's had a rough season, 0-3 with a 5.34 ERA in 30.1 innigns.

Tampa lost another arm, RHP Glenn Otto. In 7 starts, he was 1-1 with a 5.34 ERA. He tore his labrum.

Arizona extended CL Jared Miller three years, worth $11.6 million each year. The impending free agent has 115 career saves from 2018-2024 with Arizona. He owns a career 3.50 EREA and 1.47 WHIP in 326.1 innings with 458 strikeouts and 214 walks.

We looked to keep winning with Walker Buehler (2-3, 3.77 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) taking on Tyler Beede (2-3, 4.41 ERA, 1.18 WHIP). The top three hitters in our lineup (Haseley, Beer, and Dillard) are all on fire currently and have 24 or more RBI's to start the season. We weren't hot enough, however, and the Cards tied the series up with a 5-3 win.

Buehler left with a strained oblique after just 0.2 innings, and will head to the DL for 7 weeks. Max Povse allowed 3 runs in 1.1 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Hasnel Robles allowed 2 runs in an inning with 3 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Yasukazu SHoitani tossed 2.1 shutout innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a solo homer of his own. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

I'm trying something different, and I'm adding Shoehi Ohtani to the rotation, just for one start at least, to see how he does.

May 26th, 2024: I recalled RP Kenyon Yovan from AAA to replace Buehler on the active roster.

We finished the series with Jordan Montgomery (4-3, 2.10 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) facing Chris Archer (2-3, 5.09 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) as we looked to earn a win before a day off. We couldn't score, and were suhtout 6-0.

Monty allowed 5 runs in 5 innings off 7 hits, a walk, but still struck out 7. He missed April a little. Yovan made his Marlins debut, pitching 3 innings with 2 hits, a run, and 4 strikeouts.

Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a double and hit by pitch. Adam Haseley was 1-for-4 with a double. Montgomery himself was 1-for-2.

May 27th, 2024: Dylan Bundy will miss the rest of the year and part of next season with a torn flexor tendon. The righty joined the Cubs on an offseason pact, and his vesting option will not vest. He started well, 4-2 in 9 starts with a 3.20 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 50.2 innings.

We've dropped to third in the Power Rankings, and the Natoinals now rank #1.

I sent Ben Popkin to AAA to begin a rehab assignment.

We'd host the Atlanta for three as we looked to hold onto our 1 game lead over the Nats. We'd see Joey Wentz (4-3, 4.12 ERA), Patrick Weigel (2-5, 5.69 ERA), and Lucas Sims (2-1, 2.60 ERA).

May 28th, 2024: Mike Soroka (5-2, 4.10 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) hosted his former team and teammate Joey Wentz (4-3, 4.12 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) as we looked to get back to winning. It took 11 innings, but we fell 7-5, as they scored 3 to our 1 in the final frame.

Christian Franklin, who was traded for Soroka, hit a three run homer off Hansel Robles in the 11th.

Soroka struggled, 4 runs in 4.2 innings with 6 hits, a walk, but 7 strikeouts. Before the 11th, we combined for 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Robles didn't get an out, allowing a walk and two hits.

Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-2 with a solo homer, 3 walks, and 2 total runs scored. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with a walk and solo homer. Scott Kingery was 2-for-5 with a triple, run scored, and RBI. Seth Beer came off the bench, and was 2-for-3 with a double and run scored.

May 29th, 2024: All-Star voting opens today!

The Yankees will be without RHP Jerad Eickhoff for the rest of the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. New York was his 6th organization in 5 seasons.

The Angels acquired RHP Lance McCullers Jr. from the Astros for C Daniel Rosica. When accounting for salary, this is a steal for the Astros, although McCullers is still the better player.

We looked to stop our skid, with A.J. Puckett (4-1, 3.69 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) facing Patrick Weigel (2-5, 5.69 ERA, 1.39 WHIP). We kept losing, dropping our 4th straight home game 4-3.

Puckett left for an injury after just 1.1 innings with a single hit. Mason Barnett allowed 2 runs in 2 innings of mop up with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint was charged with a run in 1.2 innigns with a hit, 2 walks, and a strikeout. Shiotani also allowed a run in the 7th off 2 hits and 2 walks.

Thomas Dillard and Seth Beer were both 2-for-4 with solo homers. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Adam Haseley was 1-for-3 with a walk.

And just like that we're tied with the Nationals for first...

May 30th, 2024: The Blue Jays lost former 1st Rounder T.J. Zeuch for the year with a torn rotator cuff. He was having a rough season, 1-1 with a 5.98 ERA.

The Nationals upgraded their pen, signing long-time holdout Jandel Gustave to a 1-year, $34,000,000 contract. The 31-year-old will fill the closer role.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Jake Florence (4-3, 3.20 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) taking on Lucas Sims (2-1, 2.60 ERA, 0.98 WHIP). We finally won, edging the visitors 3-1.

Florence went 5.2 innings, with 6 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Kenyon Yovan, Luiz Gohara, and Hasnel Robles earned holds, before Jorge Moya got the save. All four guys allowed a total of 0 hits.

Thomas Dillard hit a pair of homers, a solo shot and a two run, in a 2-for-4 game. Carlos Soler was 2-for-3 with a walk and a double. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

We're off to a quick home and away series with our Florida rivales. The Rays are 25-25 this year, and had the same fate as we did last year, falling in the League Championship. We'd see Blake Bivens (3-3, 5.10 ERA) and Andrew Moore. Ironically, Moore is one of the two players the Rays got in the Alex Colome-Denard Span deal in real life with the Mariners.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #224
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
May 31st-June 3rd

May 31st, 2024: Here's a short one that will bring us right to the Amateur Draft, so I can do a special draft edition report that doesn't interrupt the normal scheudle.

A.J. Puckett was diagnosed with shoulder tendinitis and will head to the DL. I recalled Tim Cate to take his spot in the rotation. I also optioned Carlos Soler to AAA to activate CF Mickey Moniak.

We hosted the Rays in the opener, with Shoehi Ohtani making his pitching debut against former Marlin Braxton Garrett (1-1, 2.84 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). The game doesn't realize Ohtani should be hitting higher then 9th, but it's not worth messing with the lineup. We dropped the opener 5-3, but Ohtani didn't do too bad.

He went 5, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Max Povse allowed 1 run in 2 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Mason Barnett allowed a run in 1.2 innings with a hit and 3 striekotus.

Ohtani was 1-for-2 with a double. Scott Kingery had a pinch hit, 2 run double in the 7th. Nick Gordon was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and a run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk.

We also fell out of first, and have just a half game lead over the Mets for the #1 Wild Card.

Nolan Arrenado hit his 400th homer as the Dodgers beat the A's 8-3. Arenado is a career .278/.338/.537 hitter between Colorado and LA, although he hasn't had too much success with the Dodgers.

June 1st, 2024: Seth Beer was named hitter of the month, hitting .330 with 11 homers, 19 RBI's, and 25 runs scored. Last year's Rookie of the Year hasn't suffered any sophmore slump, hitting .293/.407/.619 with 16 hoemrs and 28 RBI's. His 1.026 OPS is leading the NL.

We looked to win the "split" with Jordan Montgomery (4-4, 2.72 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) taking on Blake Bivens (3-3, 5.10 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) before traveling a bit north to Tampa/St. Petersburg. We dropped another, fallilng 7-6 and we've really struggled as of late. I hate how streaky we can be...

Montgomery allowed 3 runs in 3.1 innings with 5 hits and 3 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint went 2.1 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Max Povse left with a rotator cuff straing, and will head to the DL for about 4 weeks. He allowed a hit, run, walk, and got a strikeout. Jorge Moya allowed a run in the 9th, which proved costly as we came back to score one in the bottomg half.

Blake Tiberi was 3-for-4 and a triple away from the cycle. He scored twice and drove in two runs. Austin Hedges was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, and run scored.

I recalled Popkin from his rehab assignment.

We're off to Tampa as we'd face former Marlin Yonny Chirinos (2-1, 5.87 ERA) and 2-time Cy Young Winner Jacob Faria (2-1, 4.75 ERA).

June 2nd, 2024: The first published list of All-Star votes was annoucned, with Thomas Dillard leading catchers, Seth Beer leading first base, Jordan Montgomery 3rd and Mike Soroka 5th for starting ptichers, and Yasukazu Shiotani number 1 for relievers. Dillard actually has the most votes, 185,614.

We really needed a win, with Tim Cate (1-0, 0.00 EAR, 0.00 WHIP) making his first start against Yonny Chirinos (2-1, 5.87 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). The Bats unleashed their anger, crushing the Rays 14-5.

Cate had a rough outing, 2 innings with 7 hits, 3 runs, a walk and 3 strikeouts. Mason Barnett got the win, 2.1 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint allowed a run and a walk in 0.2 innings. Yasukazu Shiotani earned a 3 inning save, and didn't allow a base runner while striking out 4.

Thomas Dillard showed why he has the most votes, going 4-for-6 with 2 homers, 3 runs scored, and 3 driven in. Seth Beer was 3-for-5 with a sac fly, solo homer, double, and 2 runs scored. Lewis Brinson was 3-for-5 with a three run homer. Adam Haseley was 3-for-6 with a run scored, 2 driven in, a double, and a solo shot. Nick Gordon was 4-for-5 with 2 runs scored and driven in. Blake Tiberi was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles and runs scored. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-6 with a double and run scored. Every hitter got a hit today for us.

June 3rd, 2024: We've dropped to 4th in the Power Rankings, with the Nats and Mets 1 and 2. They both are above us in the standings, but only the Mariners have a better record then us for all the teams out of our division.

We looked to split the four game split series with Mike Soroka (5-2, 4.40 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) taking on Jacob Faria (2-1, 4.75 ERA, 1.31 WHIP). Faria hasn't had his best stuff all year, but was dealing today. Luckily, Soroka was better, and we shut them out 2-0.

Soroka went 6.2 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Popkin and Luiz Gohara earned holds before Jorge Moya recorded the save.

Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk. Adam Haseley was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Nick Gordon was 1-for-4 with an RBI single.

We're off to Washington to face the Nationals for three. They have a 2 game lead, so a sweep here would put us back where we belong. We'd face Cole Ragans (3-5, 3.79 ERA), May's NL Pitcher of the Month Sonny Warner (8-0, 3.65 ERA), and Erling Moreno (3-1, 3.23 ERA).

But first, the Amateur Draft! For some reason, the game had a really hard job with getting the draft order right, so a lot of the picks are scattered and not exactly where they should be. I'm hoping no organization is getting screwed.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #225
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
Amateur Draft

Sorry for no post yesterday, I was at a conference all day and when I got home my computer had to do a ton of updates. So without further adiue, the 2024 Amateur Draft!

The New York Yankees owned the #1 overall pick, and selected 3B Murdoch Greenan, one of the few players my scout actually likes for my #1 pick.

For some reason the Brewers used the #4 pick on RP Andy Hippler, who don't get me wrong, is a stud, but it's far too high for a pen guy.

I didn't like what was available for my pick, but I had to take the gamble:

1st Round, 22nd Overall: SP Chirs Bigsby (4.5): The first of two picks, he'd be almost perfect, but his third pitch, a change up, is barely a option. Granted, if he can improve his change, "Wimpy" will be a steal. The 18-year-old from Gloucester, MA has insane stamina, one of the best curveball's you'll ever see, and averages 93-95 with his fastball. He's working on his control, but worst case, he ends up like Ben Popkin.

1st Round, 23rd Overall: SP Jon Rothberg (3): Yes, the talent drops a lot, but don't count out the 17-year-old from Oregon. He's got solid stamina, an arsenal almost identical to Bigsby's, but with a change up that is better then just average. His stuff is filthy, and he throws from a 3/4th arm slot. He needes to work on his control, but he has a future in the rotation.

1st Round, 27th Overall: CF Luis Salcedo (3): The first of three supplemental picks, I'm pretty sure he's for the Jose Ramirez singing. He's got the range to stick in center, but the arm for right. He's got solid foot speed, but isn't much of a base stealing threat. He's got a great bat, one that will consistently produce extra bases, and if you leave a pitch over the plate, the 18-year-old can surprise you with a long ball.

1st Round, 33rd Overall: SP Josh Barrett (2.5): Pretty sure he's Jameson Taillon's pick. As you can tell, the talent is definitely falling off already. He's got solid stamina, a plus-plus fastball and curve, with a solid change up. He gets good movement, and can become an A.J. Puckett type pitcher. He's got a great personality, and plays 150% all the time.

1st Round, 36th Overall: CL Jamie Berenberg (3): He's the pick from Joe Jimenez. The 22-year-old is a closer who can hit 100 with his plus-plus fastball, or get a chase from same-hand hitters with his plus-plus slider. It doesn't have the best movement, but he's very deceptive with it. He's a safe pick, and one of the few good players who will sign.

2nd Round, 70th Overall: SP Mike Bookert (3): He says he won't sign, but I want him to. He's got great stamina, thre plus pitches, and pinpoint control. He walked just 17 hitters in 102.2 innings, and can throw in the mid 90s consistently with his fastball. He's got a high baseball IQ, and is a good bet to get better each season.

3rd Round, 99th Overall: C Maddox Northeast (2.5): Nicknamed "Swede" despite being American and Canadian, he's going to cost us a pretty penny. Luckily, he's a catcher who can rake, with a good eye and a solid bat. He might have to move to first base, but the Florida Native has a bright future.

3rd Round, 101st Overall: RP Sam Minniefield (2.5): Yes, it's that bad that I have to grab another college reliever early in the draft. Minniefield can eat a lot of innings in the pen, and can touch 100 with his plus-plus fastball. He's got a plus splitter as well, but needs to work on it's movement.

4th Round, 131st Overall: 1B C.J. Vick (3): Really hoping he'll sign, as the almost 19-year-old has monster power, even higher then last year's Rookie of the Year Seth Beer. Vick is an awful defender, but his advanced bat will carry him in his career.

5th Round, 161st Overall: SS Jon Miller (2): Yes, I'm taking a two star potential, but give him a chance. He won;t be a star, but he's got great versatility. He'll develop into a above average infielder and passable outfielder, with solid base stealing abilities. He's a light hitter with a good eye, but at least he can use a bat.

6th Round, 191st Overall: CF Omari Golatt (2.5): Says he won't sign, but the fleet footed outfielder is a lot like Luis Salcedo. Great range, great arm, great speed. He's got good power, but swings and misses a lot.

7th Round, 221st Overall: CF Esteban Casares (2): My guess he ends up in right, as he has an absolute cannon, although you can't discount his range. He's an extremely experienced outfielder, rated a 77-67-87 already. He's got great speed, good eye and power, but strikes out a lot.

8th Round, 251st Overall: SP Jamie Casady (1.5): He's got three plus pitches, but doesn't command them too well. His stamina is passable, but not where I prefer it. He doesn't throw too hard, but he gets batters out. Future spot starter or waiver guy.

9th Round, 281st Overall: 2B Andy Gibson (1.5): Won't sign. He can develop into a solid defender, but is a very balanced hitter. He needs to make better contact, but college will do him well.

10th Round, 311th Overall Pick: CF Aydan Legge (1.5): He'll probably end up in left, and isn't really the best defender. The Canadian teen has a nice, all-around bat that will help him stick. If he works hard enough, he can have great success. Well, for a 10th Rounder...

11th Round, 341st Overall: LF Josh Riemersa (1.5): He's got an excellent eye, and a solid enough bat. He's not the best outfielder, and is a bit slow, but he'll make the routine plays.

12th Round, 371st Overall: SS Rodolfo Silva (1.5): Won't sign. He's fast and has a solid bat. He's got great range and a strong arm, but makes a lot of stupid errors. He can end up at short, but I think third or second is more likely.

13th Round, 401st Overall: CF Steve Senior (1.5): Any Steve Junior? Senior won't sign, but I love his speed and pop. He's a solid defender, but left might be his spot.

14th, 431st Overall: RP Rob Aguilar (2): The Oklahoma grad has a nice fastball and has an interesting side arm delivery. He can eat innings in mop up, and can reach 96 with his fastball. He's a bit more then a filler pen arm.

15th Overall, 461st Overall: SS Izaac Pacheco (1.5): He might be the next Andrelton Simmons. He's got blinding speed and I don't think he's ever made an error. He turns double plays smooter then anyone else, and has an absolute cannon. He can't hit, but he can drop a bunt on you.

16th Overall, 491st Overall: CF Dan Leeser (1): He's listed as an outfielder, but I like him as a pitcher. He's got great stamina, an insane curveball, and is developing his second two pitches. With a bit more work, the slow throwing righty can force himself on a roster. He'll start as a two-way player.

17th Round, 521st Overall: C Brad Madeley (0.5): It's tool time! Madely has an absolute cannon behind the plate and calls a great game. He can't hit, but who cares?

18th Round, 551st Overall: CF Jeff McMaster (1): Won't sign. He's got a cannon and is fast. Rightfield will be his home, although he has great range. Not much of a hitter.

19th Round, 581st Overall: CF Ben Robinson (1): Won't sign. Not the best defender, and will probably end up in left. He's fast, but awful on the bases. He's got a solid eye.

20th Round, 611th Overall: SP Mike Maine (1): There are definitely worst options to start games. He's got solid stamina, a plus-plus curve with a solid cutter and change, but he throws slow. Just 18, the lefty from Philly can work on his velocity to at least pretend to be a big leaguer.

21st Round, 641st Overall: RF Josh Haase (1.5): He's got an absolute cannon, and will develop into a gold glover in the outfield. He's got solid speed, a great eye, and sneaky pop. He swings and misses a lot though.

22nd Round, 671th Overall: LF Jeff Cline (1.5): Solid defensive outfielder who is a switch hitter and part Dominican. Boston took him in the 2021 draft in the 38th round, but he decided to go to Pacific for three years.

23rd Round, 701st Overall: SP Luis Garza (0.5): Here's a guy that can pitch forever. He's got a perfect 100 stamina and has solid control. He tossed 4 below average pitches, but at least he changes it up on the hitter.

24th Round, 731st Overall: Luis Alderte (0.5): Won't sign. He's got intriguing stuff, including a nasty curveball. He's pretty smart, and will prosper in college.

25th Round, 761st Overall: 2B Winton Gillin (0.5): Two words: super fast.

26th Rounder, 791st Overall: 3B Josh Colich (0.5): I like him as a two way player. He's got good stamina and a nice change, as well as a nice eye at the plate. He's got a good arm for third too.

27th Rounder, 821st Overall: SP Shemar Cistrunk (0.5): He throws 93-95 consistently as a starter, and can pitch deep into games. He's got a passable arsenal, but could be an interesting guy to watch.

28th Round, 851st Overall: 2B Amari Grevious (0.5): His nickname should be "General Grevious" and he should be a legit 5* potential. Instead, no nickname, 0.5, but he's got solid range and a good eye. Won't sign.

29th Round, 881st Overall: SP Joe Zumwalt (0.5): Can't say I ever drafted a "Z" player. He won't sign, but isn't terrible. He's got injury problems, but is a Florida Native.

30th Round, 911th Overall: CF Danny Treen (0.5): Won't sign. Nice speed, nice range in the outfield, and an excellent eye. He also makes good contact, but strikes out a ton.

31st Round, 941st Overall: CF Luis Mercado (1.5): Don't let the overall fool you, he can't hit at all. It's all defense, which he'll be a great centerfielder. He's got good speed too, but is a career minor leaguer.

32nd Round, 971st Overall: SP Eric Peterson (0.5): We got ourselves a knuckleballer! His teammates look up to him, and all his pitches are offspeed. I'm really rooting for him.

33rd Round, 1,001st Overall: SP Dwain Lemay (0.5): A Canadian who throws a side arm screwball. That's something I never thought I'd ever right, but hey, that's what happens when there's very few options that are at least fun to pick.

34th Round, 1,031st Overall: SP Luis Barcenas (0.5): Honestly, he's not half bad. He won't sign, but he has the pitches to be a big league starer. But like his personality, he doesn't stand out.

35th Round, 1,061st Overall: CF Alfredo Garza (0.5): Didn't mean to draft him, but here we are. He won't sign since I won't sign him for $2.8 million, but does have a grea eye and solid speed. He strikes out a ton though.

36th Round, 1,091st Overall: C Ben Nebauer (0.5): Strikes out a ton, but has an interseting bat. Great contact and power for a catcher, but his defence is subpar.

37th Round, 1,121st Overall: CF Kevin Schmidt (0.5): Another guy who is just flat out fast.

38th Round, 1,151st Overall: SP Sincere Sturrup (0.5): Selected purely for his name. He won't sign, but actually has a great change and three of his four pitches are solid. He throws about as hard as an 8th grader though.

39th Round, 1,181st Overall: SP Teagan Squarebriggs (0.5): Another name pick. The Canadian has very little stamina, but 6 interesting pitches. No movement, but decent enough control.

40th Round, 1,211th Overall: SP Doug Baker (0.5): Officially my lowest ever pick, he throws 6 pitches including a forkball. Great stamina, throws relatively fast, but no movement on his pitches.

Thank God that's over...

If you're curious on our unsigned gusy from 2021:

13th Round: RF Jorge Arroyo (0.5): Selected in the 15th Round by Toronto
18th Round: 3B Erik Gregg (0.5): Selected in the 23rd Round by the Angels, then released
23rd Round: CF Savion Vilsaint (0.5): Selected by the Nationals in the 37th Round, then released
25th Round: SP Jon McKinley (0.5): Selected in the 22nd Round by the Indians, then released
26th Round: RF Phil Bromley (0.5): Selected in the 20th Round by the Breweres, then released
31st Round: C Chris Bell (0.5): Returned for Senior Season
34th Round: SP Ronnie Bourgeois (0.5): Selected by the Angels in the 34th Round, then released
35th Round: SP Radhakrish Masrani (0.5): Selected by the Brewers in the 39th Round
37th Round: CF Ben Anthony (0.5): Selected by the Orioles in the 28th Round, then released.
38th Round: 2B R.J. Price (0.5): Returned for his senior year
39th Round: SP Omari Hariot (0.5): Selected in the 40th Round by the Blue Jays.

Little draftee update, former 4th Rounder back in 2018 Jack Filby made his debut with the Indians. The utility man is hitting .120/.297/.220 in 50 at bats this year. I traded him in the Jose Ramirez trade back in 2022.

No one from the 2019 draft has debuted, but 1st Rounder Tyler Callihan is on the Phillies 40-man Roster, as is 2nd Rounder Jaheim Meggett, although in my organization. Even with the injury, Meggett is still rated a 1.5/3.

No one from 2020 has debuted either, although Josh Weske is on his way. It's too early to check on 2021-2023 yet, but there are players from those classes who have debuted.

2018 13th Rounder Gunnar Hoglund is in AAA, can can be called upon for RHP for the pen. Weske is there too, as well as Ernesto Estrella and Brett Conine. Estrella has had extended time this year.

2018 11th Rounder Jonathan Gettys, 2019 6th Rounder Keylan Killgore, 2021 1st Rounder LF/P Ken Adeniran, and 2020 2nd Rounder Joe Brewer are in AA. Killgore and Adeniran have both seen action in AAA, and could be called up soon.

My first ever pick, Ethan Hankins, who didn't sign, is in A+. He's now just a 1.5* pitcher, who missed out on a big bonus.

Up next, a duel in Washington against the surprsie best team in the league! They own a 2 game lead, but with a sweep, we'd take back the spot we deserve!

Old 06-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #226
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
June 4th-June 10th

June 4th, 2024: We opened a huge series in Washington, with Jake Florence (5-3, 3.04 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) taking one Cole Ragans (3-5, 3.79 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). It was an all-around good game, and we limited their lineups' damage in a 5-1 victory.

Brendan Rodgers left with a bruised calf after being hit by a pitch, but he's just day-to-day for a few days.

Florence went 5, allowing an unearned run, 6 his, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for four innings, a walk, and three strikeouts.

Seth Beer continued a strong season with a 3-for-4 with a homer, two runs scored, and 2 RBI's. Thomas Dillard scored twice and was 2-for-5 with a solo homer. Rodgers was 1-for-1 with a run scored before leaving after the hit by pitch.

Mackeznie Gore tossed a 1-hit shut out as the Padre beat the Pirates 9-0. Parker Meadows of the Royals was 5-for-6 in an 11-5 loss to the Mariners. The A's SS Jonathan Guzman was 5-for-6 in a 4-3 loss to the Angels.

June 5th, 2024: 27th Overall Pick Luis Salcedo agreed to a $700,000 singning bonus. 3rd Rounder Maddox Northeast agreed to a way over slot $5.5 million bonus.

The Nationals lost young RHP Colten Panaranto for the year with a torn rotator cuff. He had a 1.40 ERA, 0.78 WHIP, and 11 saves in 21 games.

Former Marlin Reynaldo Lopez is out for the year with shoulder inflammation. The Cubs righty was 1-0 with a 2.56 ERA and a save in 24 relief appearences and a start.

Our game got rained out, so we'd play two tomorrow.

3rd Rounder Sam Miiniefield agreed to a $310,000 bonus.

AAA 2B Reizo Honda tore his UCL and will miss the rest of the year. I'd hold off on placing him on the 60-Day DL, but it's a big hit to our depth.

Game 1 of the double header saw Shoehi Ohtani (0-1, 5.40 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) take on Sonny Warner (8-0, 3.65 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) who always finds ways to beat us. I gave Rodgers the first game off. Most of the scoring came in the 8th, as we grabbed 4 before they fought back for three, but we took the first game of the double header 5-3 to work a tie in the division.

They injured another of my players via the hit by pitch, superstar catcher Thomas Dillard who left with a bruised shoulder.

Ohtani pitched well, 5.1 innings with just 1 hit, but 5 walks and a strikeout. Hansel Robles and Alpha Quivers earned holds, with Jorge Moya earning the save. Luiz Gohara didn't get an out in the 8th, allowing 2 hits and 2 runs. Quivers allowed a hit, run, and got a strikeout in the full inning. He's really done well for us, and leaving Seattle has really helped him. In 25.1 innings he has a 2.49 ERA with 32 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Nick Gordon was 2-for-3 with an RBI and walk. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-5 with a solo homer to lead off the game. Seth beer was 1-for-5 with a run scored and a double.

Game two saw Jordan Montgomery (4-4, 3.02 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) battle Erling Moreno (3-1, 3.23 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) as we looked for the sweep of the double header and series. We scored in 6 of the 9 innings to take the finale 8-6 and push ourselves into first place by ourselves.

We lost two pitcher's to injury, Jordan Montgomery, who has a sore shoulder that may or may not cost him his next start, and Mason Barnett, who's injury is pending.

Monty allowed a single run in 3 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts before leaving. Barnett pitched 1.2 innings with a hit and 2 strikeouts and earned the win before he too got hurt. Gohara allowed 3 runs in 0.2 innings with 2 hits and 2 walks, and I think I need to move on from him. Ben Popkin, Touki Toussaint, Yasukazu Shiotani, and Alpha Quivers earned holds. Moya struck out two in the 9th to earn his second save of the day,

Rodgers didn't act injured, 4-for-5 with a run scored and 2 RBI's. Ohtani probably shouldn't have played RF after pitching, but he was 4-for-5 and a triple away from the cycle. He scored three times and drove in one run. Austin Hedges was 2-for-3 with a walk. Thomas Dillard came in as a sub and was 1-for-2 with a double and run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-5 with a walk and 2-run homer. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Adam Haseley was 2-for-6 with a run scored and driven in. All 8 starting position players got hits.

After his 5 hit game, SS Jonathan Guzman launched 3 homers in a 5-4 win over the Angels. The rising star is really making his mark, and let's just say, we lucked out. Now a 4.5/5 who might be the best defensive shortstop in the game, the Phillies traded him back in 2018 offseason for RHP Lou Trivino. Trivino has been their closer from 2019 to now, but if they had Guzman...

Down in New Orleans, 1B Nicky Delmonico was 7-for-9 as we beat Nashville Sounds 7-6 in 19 innings. I added Delmonico to a minor league deal around Opening Day. It was his return after playing with us from 2019-2021.

Tomorrow is an off day to recover from the double header before we travel to Philadelphia.

June 7th, 2024: Paul Goldschmidt hit his 2,000th career hit, as the Mariners lost to the Cubs 5-0. The 36-year-old has played in 1,930 games, hitting .282/.390/.504 with Arizona, Toronto, and now Seattle.

The Mets beat the Nationals, so they now trail us by a game.It's on to Philadelphia to phace the last place Phillies. From the 17-39 staff, we'd see JoJo Romero (1-4, 5.63 ERA), Steve Fettig (0-5, 5.24 ERA), and Sixto Sanchez (2-5, 6.16 ERA).

June 8th, 2024: 1st Rounder Chris Bigsby agreed to a $800,000 bonus. The guy picked right after him Jon Rothberg signed a $750,000 bonus. Another 1st Rounder Josh Barrett agreed to a $650,000 bonus. Another Jamie Berenberg signed a $600,000 bonus. 5th Rounder Jon Miller agreed to a $180,000 bonus.

2nd Rounder Mike Bookert will not sign, and will head to college.

We opened the Phillies series with Tim Cate (1-0, 10.80 ERA, 2.40 WHIP) taking on JoJo Romero (1-4, 5.63 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). We got absolutely crushed 15-1 and I'm still confused on the outcome.

Cate earned himself a trip to the minors, 7 runs in 4.1 innings off 9 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeout. Luiz Gohara might get designated for assignment, 3 runs in 1.1 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint struggled as well, 4 runs in 2 innings with 2 hits, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Kenyon Yovan allowed 2 hits and a run before getting a strikeout to end the 8th.

Mickey moniak was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Yovan actually got the RBI, walking with the bases loaded. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk.

I optioned Cate to AAA and recalled Garrett McDaniels. I sent Gohara to the Mets for RHP Patrick Raby. Gohara was just awful, and Raby can be optioned if needed. In 19 innings, he's got a 2.37 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, and has struck out 16.

June 9th, 2024: A huge injury struck, as Barnrett was diagnosed with a damaged eblow ligament and will miss 11-12 months. I recalled RF Carlos Soler to add an extra bat to the team. With Ohtani starting, I still had a 8 man pen, and could use the extra outfield depth.

Austin Hedges asked for an extension, I gave him an extra year at $2.2 million.

All-Star Voting update: Dillard and Beer reamain first. Montgomery and Soroka remain third and fifth. Shiotani remains first. Dillard leads all NL players with 556,494 votes.

Now tied with New York, we looked to do the exact opposite of everything that happened yesterday. Mike Soroka (6-2, 3.94 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took on Steve Fettig (0-5, 5.24 ERA, 1.39 WHIP) as we looked to even the series. It wasn't exactly the opposite, but we worked the 8-6 win.

Soroka left after 1.2 innings with an injury as things go from bad to worse with the health of our pen. Raby made an awful debut, 2 hits and 2 runs without getting an out. Ben Popkin also had a rough outing, 0.2 innings with a hit, 2 runs, and a walk. Jorge Moya allowed 2 runs in an inning with 2 hits, and 2 strikeouts. Touki Toussaint earned the win, tossing 1.2 mop up innings with a strikeout and 2 walks. Kenyon Yovan tossed 1.2 more with 2 strikeout. Hasnel Robles went 2 with a walk and 4 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson hit a pinch hit homer in the 6th. Austin Hedges was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-5 with a three run homer. Toussaint was 1-for-1 with a triple and run scored. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, run scored, and RBI. Carlos Soler had a pinch-hit RBI single in the 8th.

June 11th, 2024: Mike Soroka is off to the DL with elbow inflammation, and will miss about 6 weeks. A.J. Puckett will be back in 3 days, but for now, Corbin Clouse will be recalled from AAA. Toussaint is technically in the rotation right now, but he shouldn't have to make a start, even with Puck getting one rehab start.

We're up to #1 in the Power Rankings, trailed by the Mets and Nats.

We looked to take the series, with Jake Florence (6-3, 2.79 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) taking on Sixto Sanchez (2-5, 6.16 ERA, 1.61 WHIP) in the finale. Florenec was brilliant, and we won the finale 2-1.

The former #1 overall pick tossed 6.1 innings with a single run, 3 hits, 3 walks, and he struck out 8. Ben Popkin and Alpha Quivers earned holds before Jorge Moya got the save.

Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer, his 20th of the season. Blake Tiberti was 1-for-4 with a double. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with a run and walk.

We're headed back home to face Washington for three at home before an off day. The Nationals and Mets are tied, 2 games behind us, and hold both Wild Card Spots. We'll see our nemesis Sonny Warner (8-1, 3.45 ERA), Erling Moreno (3-2, 3.79 ERA), and Lyon Richardson (3-1, 3.68 ERA).

Old 06-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #227
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
June 11th-June 17th

June 11th, 2024: I gave C.J. Vick way much more money then I should have, and he signed a $5 million bonus. "Coyote's" power is comprable to young star Seth Beer.

The Giants will be without RHP Domingo Acevedo for the year with a torn unlar collateral ligament. The 30-year-old was 1-1 with a save with a 5.33 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 appearences.

Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 4.91 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) made his return to the rotatio nagainst Sonny Warner (8-1, 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). We gave him his only loss this year, but he's an impressive 2-1 with a 1.59 ERA this year against us. Moniak hits him well, 9-for-30 with a pair of homers. It didn't matter, as we dropped the opener 4-3.

McDaniels went 5.2 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and he struck out 5. Hansel Robles and Patrick Raby got holds, but Kenyon Yovan allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a hit and walk.

Moniak was 2-for-5 with a steal and hit an RBI double off Warner. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with an RBI. McDaniels himself was 1-for-2 with an RBI.

June 12th, 2024: We looked to even the series with Jordan Montgomery (4-4, 3.02 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) taking on Erling Moreno (3-2, 3.79 ERA, 1.40 WHIP). Monty will have to watch out for Anderson Franco, who's 8-for-26 against him with 3 longballs. They got 3 in the 4th and shut us out 3-0...

Montgomery went just 3.1 innings, allowing 2 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 5.2 innings, with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Jorge Moya struck out the side in the 9th.

Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles for our only hits of the game. Seth Beer was 0-for-2 with 2 walks. And just like that it's all tied in the East...

June 13th, 2024: Austin Hedges agreed to his extension, and he'd stay another year to be the backup catcher. His defense and leadership is crucial for the team.

A.J. Puckett headed to AAA to make a quick rehab start before I'd recall him.

The Rangers lost LF Michael Conforto for the year with a torn ACL. They signed the Mets' star in the offseason, and he was hitting .238 with 1 homers and 36 RBI's to start the year.

The Phillies traded 2B Jonathan Schoop to the Red Sox for 3B Juan Rojas. I really like this deal for the Sox.

We looked to avoid the embarassing home sweep and break the three way tie for first with Shoehi Ohtani (1-1, 2.61 ERA, 1.55 WHIP) taking on Lyon Richardson (3-1, 3.68 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). It was awful, and we dropped the finale 4-3.

Ohtani pitched great, 7.1 innings with 3 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts and looks infinitly better then last year on the mound. Jorge Moya got the loss, pitching the 9th with 2 hits, a run, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Carlos Soler was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Blake Tiberti was 1-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and double. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a walk. Ohtani was 1-for-3 with a pair of RBI's.

Luckily, tomorrow is an off day, but we trail the Nats by a game. We've swept each other at the oppositions home. We've actually struggled at home, 17-15 as opposed to 21-10 on the road. Every year, we find a different way to not be a complete team...

Indians rookie 2B Eisuke Yanagisawa was 5-for-5 in a 8-4 win over the White Sox. He came over from Japan, and has hit .340/.386/.474 to start the year.

June 14th, 2024: I optioned Corbin Clouse to AAA to recall A.J. Puckett.

The Nationals lost yesterday's starter Lyon Richardson for the year wtih a torn ulnar collateral ligament.

The Pirates would come to town with their 28-35 record as we now sit 1.5 games out of first. We'd see Mitch Keller (4-4, 3.93 ERA), Gage Hisz (5-4, 3.54 ERA), and Cullen Dana (2-3, 4.53 ERA) as we look to get back on track.

June 15th, 2024: Jake Florence (7-3, 2.66 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) started the series against superstar Mitch Keller (4-4, 3.93 ERA, 1.07 WHIP). The losses kept coming as we dropped the opener 3-1.

Florence allowed 2 (1 earned) in 6.2 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Moya allowed another run in the 9th.

Carlos Soler got a pinch hit double in the 8th and later scored. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a sac fly. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a steal.

June 16th, 2024: All-Star Update: Dillard and Beer remain first. Montgomery and Soroka remain third and fifth. Shiotani remains first. Dillard still leads all vote getters with 925,021.

We really needed to start winning again, with Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 4.43 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) taking on Gage Hisz (5-4, 3.54 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). Another loss, 5-3 this time, as we've dropped 5 striaght at home...

Ohtani sprianed his ankle and would be day-to-day for 5 days.

McDaniels allowed 2 runs in 4.2 innings with 6 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Toussaint got the loss, 2 runs in 0.2 innings with 2 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout. Ben Popkin walked 3, struck out 2, and allowed a hit and a run in 1.1 innings.

Before getting hurt, Ohtani was 1-for-2 with a run scored, RBI, and stolen base. His replacement, Carlos Soler, was a perfect 2-for-2. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk, run, and steal. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a steal and run scored.

We're now 3.5 out and in third...

June 17th, 2024: We fell all the way to 30th in the Power Rankings... Obviously, a joke, but we kind of should be. We did have a huge drop from 1st to 10th though.

I remember when home games used to be automatic wins, and now they seem to be automatic losses. We looked to avoid consecutive sweeps with Jordan Montgomery (4-5, 3.27 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) facing Cullen Dana (2-3, 4.53 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). We were shut out 1-0, and I've lost all faith in my team...

Montgomery didn't deserve to lose, 7 innings with 5 hits, a run, and 5 strikeouts.

He only had 2 hits. Moniak was 1-for-3 with a walk. Desahwn Hardamon was 1-for-3.

Brett Phillips launced 3 homers against the Cardinals in an 11-5 Reds win.

Well, that's 6 in a row and we'll host those Reds for three. We're 4 games out of first and 2 out of the 1st Wild Card. Colorado is just 1.5 games behind us for the 2nd spot. The 34-31, first place Reds, will send Alan Taylor (5-2, 4.09 ERA), Hunter Greene (2-6, 5.86 ERA), and Robert Stephenson (6-3, 4.56 ERA) to the mound as we looked to improve to .500 at home...

Old 06-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #228
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
June 18th-June 24th

June 18th, 2024: I don't think it's possible to lose another game, but who knows... A.J. Puckett (4-1, 3.55 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) till take on Alan Taylor (5-2, 4.09 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) to open up the Reds series. Finally, we did that thing known as winning, taking the opener 6-1.

Puck was brilliant, 6 innings with 3 hits, a run, a walk, and 5 strikeout. The rest of the pen tossed 3 innings with 4 hits and 3 strikeouts.

Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a RBI and 2 runs scored. Blake Tiberi was 1-for-3 with a sac fly, double, and 3 total RBI's. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a walk and 2 run triple. Adam Haseley was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored and a walk.

Arizona lefty Steven Gingery tossed a 6-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Giants

Down in Jupiter, former 2nd Rounder Max Marusak went 5-for-5 in an 11-2 win over the Duendin Blue Jays.

June 19th, 2024: We looked to win another game, with Shoehi Ohtani (1-1, 3.06 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) taking on Hunter Greene (2-6, 5.86 ERA, 1.58 WHIP). Thomas Dillard has been cold as of late, and really needs to heat up. He didn't, but we won 6-2.

Ohtani went 5 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 6. Hansel Robles earned a hold with 2 strikeouts in a perfect 6th. Ben Popkin struck out the side in the 9th, but walked 1 and allowed a hit.

Deshawn Hardamon was 3-for-4 with 4 RBI's and rwo doubles. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 runs scored. Blake Tiberi was 1-for-3 with a 2 run homer, 2 total runs scored, and a walk. Nick Gordon was 2-for-3 with a walk, double, and two runs scored.

Juan Villasenor tossed a no-hitter in a 2-0 Mariners win over the Astros. WHY DID I HAVE TO TRADE HIM!?!?!? With all the injuries to the rotation, he would've been really helpful...

June 20th, 2024: We looked to finish the sweep with Jake Florence (7-4, 2.54 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) taking on Robert Stephenson (6-3, 4.56 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) in the finale. Our stars Beer and Dillard haven't hit in forever... We tried really hard to lose, but edged the Reds 8-7 to finish the sweep. Hopefully, this helps fix the momentum we burned...

Hansel Robles left after one batter with an injury.

Florence lasted only 2 innings, with 2 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and a strikeout. Toussaint went 2.1 innings with a hit, run, walk, and 2 strikeouts. Kenyon Yovan allowed 2 runs off 2 hits and 2 walks without getting an out. Popkin allowed a run in the 7th off two hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Yasukazu Shiotani earned the win, and Moya picked up his 20th save.

Brendan Rodgers went off, 3-for-4 and was a triple away from the cycle. He scored three times and drove in three runs. Adam Haseley was 3-for-4 with a double, 2 runs scored, and two driven in. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

We're now just 3 out of first and tied with the Mets for the #1 Wild Card. Off to Atlanta for four with the 36-34 Braves. We needed to win all four of these, after dropping so many at home. We'd see Chris Helmick, Sean Newcomb (1-3, 5.58 ERA), Joey Wentz (4-3, 4.30 ERA), and Lucas Sims (2-2, 3.22 ERA).

June 21st, 2024: The Mets will be without Luiz Gohara for the year with a torn labrum. Of course, he tossed 4.1 scorless innings with them before the injury.

The Rangers traded RHP Griffin Canning to the Cardinals for RF Dustin Billingsley. I like this deal for the Rangers.

We got to see 2021 1st Rounder Chris Helmick's debut against Garrett McDanieles (0-0, 4.32 ERA, 1.52 WHIP). With a pair of runs in the 8th and 9th, we walked away with a 4-3 win.

McDaniels tossed 5.1 shutout innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Patrick Raby allowed 3 runs in an inning with 4 hits. Alpha Quivers earned the win with a strikeou tin a perfect 8th, and Jorge Moya earned his 21st save.

Dillard finally hit, 3-for-5 with 2 runs scored and the go ahead 2-run homer in the 9th. Mickey Moniak was 3-for-5 with a solo homer and 2 total runs scored. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4. Blake Tiberi was 1-for-3 with a sac-fly.

Parker Meadows was 5-for-5 as the Royals still lost 19-11 to the A's.

I optioned Raby to AAA and recalled Corbin Clouse.

June 22nd, 2024: Hansel Robles tore his elbow ligament, and is out for the year. I purchsaed the contract of RHP Jian-Ying Niu, a 24-year-old I signed out of Taiwan back in 2022.

Today's game was rained out, so we'd be forced to play two tomorrow. To accomadate, I optioend Yovan to AAA to bring up Tim Cate who will start game two.

The Cardinals C Zachary Jackson was 5-for-5 in an 11-6 win over the Brewers.

June 23rd, 2024: Dillard and Beer stil lead their positions in votes, with Dillard sitll #1 overall. Montgomery remains third, Shiotani 1st, but Soroka fell out. It makes sense because he hasn't pitched in a while.

Game 1 saw Jordan Montgomery (4-6, 3.08 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) gake on Joey Wentxx (4-3, 4.30 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We edged them 2-1, with all runs scored in the 9th.

Monty went 6, striking out 10, walking 1, and allowing 3 hits. Corbin Closue ptiched a perfect 8th with 2 strikeouts for the win, and Jorge Moya allowed a run and a hit with a strikeout to get the save. Niu made his big league debut, a perfect 7th with a strikeout.

Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with the go ahead 2 run homer and a walk. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. Deshawn Hardamon was 2-for-3.

Game two saw Tim Cate (1-1, 12.91 ERA, 2.48 WHIP) battle Sean NewcomB (1-3, 3.38 ERA, 1.66 WHIP). Cate only got the start since he was rested in AAA. It took 12 innings, but Johnny Houghtby hit a walk off grand slam off Jorge Moya as we lost 9-5.

Cate, who will be optioend back down, allowed 3 runs in 5 innings off 6 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Popkin blew the save, allowing 2 runs off 2 hits in an inning with 2 walks. Niu was charged with the loss, a run in an inning with 2 K's, but Moya allowed 2 htis, a walk, and three runs.

Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-6 with a solo shot and two total runs scored. Adam Haseley was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's, a double, and a walk. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-6 with a doule, run scored, and RBI. He was also 1-for-2 in steals. Lewis Brinson was 3-for-5 with a run, walk, steal, and RBI.

I optioned Cate and Popkin to AAA to recall Ernesto Estrella and Kenyon Yovan.

June 4th, 2024: We moved up to 6th in the Power Rankings, but are still 4 back of the non-losing Nats.

We finished the four game set with A.J. Puckett (5-1, 3.23 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) taking on Lucas Sims (2-2, 3.22 ERA, 1.05 WHIP). We blew this one twice, lsoing 7-6 in 10 after former Marlin minor leaguer Connor Capel hit a solo shot off Yovan.

Puckett allowed 3 runs in 5 innings off 5 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. CorbiN Closue allowed a run off 3 hits, a walk, and strikeout in the 6th. Jorge Moya belw the save, allowing 2 in the bottom of the 9th off a hit and walk. Yovan allowed the solo shot with an out in the 10th.

Seth Beer caught fire, 2-for-4 with a pair of solo homers and 4 total RBI's. Blake Tiberi was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a run scored.

We're off to New York for three with the Mets before an off day. They have a half game lead over us for the 1st Wild Card. We'd see Michael Wcha (4-4, 4.15 ERA), Chris Sale (6-1, 3.63 ERA), and Rafael Monero (1-2, 4.05 ERA).

I needed to make changes, and it would have to start win the bullpen. The losses of Walker Buehler and Mike Soroka have sucked, but our rotation has been strong. McDaniels and Ohtnai have filled in well, and Montgomery and Florence have been amazing all year. Sooner then later, I'd need to add an arm, especially with how tired they are.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #229
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
June 25th-June 30th

June 25th, 2024: We opened the series with the 2nd place Mets with Shoehi Ohtani (2-1, 3.18 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) taking on Michael Wacha (4-4, 4.15 ERA, 1.10 WHIP). Brendan Rodgers hits Wacha well, 9-for-21 with 3 homers. It took 11 inning before former Marlin Victor Caratini hit a walk off single for the 7-6 win.

Rodgers left with calf soreness, but will be day-to-day for just a few days.

Ohtani had a rough outing, 5 runs on 6 hits in 2.1 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout. Touki Toussaint allowed a run in 2 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Ernesto Estrella unfairly got the loss, allowing the run in 4.1 innings of relief work. He allowed 2 hits, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts before being pulled for Jian-ying Niu, who gave up the Caratini single on the first batter he faced.

Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a triple before getting hurt. His replacement Scott Kingery was 2-for-2 with a run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with 2 walks and a three run homer. Mickey Moniak was 3-for-5 with a walk and steal. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-2 with a run scored, walk, and RBI, and his replacement Carlos Soler was 1-for-2 with 2 RBI's.

Today is the start of the GCL season, so I had to limit the roster from 65 to 40. I acquired RF Esteban Miramon from the Dodgers

June 26th, 2024: We looked to even the series with Jake Florence (7-4, 2.83 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) taking on Chris Sale (6-1, 3.63 ERA, 1.10 WHIP). I gave Rodgers the day off in facor of Scott Kingery. We stayed cold and dropped this one 5-2 as we've really struggles in the past month.

Florence allowed 3 runs (2 earned) with 7 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts in 7 innings. Yasukazu Shiotani allowed 3 hits and a run with a strikeout in 0.2 innings and Touki Toussaint allowed a run, walk, and struck out 3 in 1.1 innings.

Florence lead the team with 2 hits in 2 trips. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a run and a walk. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with an RBI. Blake Tiberi was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a run.

June 27th, 2024: We looked to avoid the sweep with Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 3.56 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) looking for his first win against Rafael Montero (1-2, 4.05 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). Rodgers was back in the starting lineup today. We lost 5-3 and left New York with our heads down after the sweep that really puts distance between us and the top of the division.

McDaniels still hasn't gotten a decision in 7 starts, going 6 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Corbin Clouse got just 1 out in the 7th, but walked 1, allowed a hit, and gave up 3 runs.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a two run homer in the 1st inning, Scott Kingery hit a pinch hit homer in the 7th off former Marlin Shane Smith. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a walk and run scored, and was 1-for-2 in steal attempts.

Tomorrow was a day off that I would spend searching for bullpen help. We've dropped to 5 out of 1st, and a game out of the 2nd Wild Card spot. We're a pitiful 12-13 in June as we continue to fall in the standings.

June 28th, 2024: I traded RP Corbin Clouse and SP Eric Armstrong to the Yankees for LHP Chasen Shreve. Shreve was closing for the Yankees, but will pitch the 8th for us. "Shrever" was 1-1 with 15 saves, a 2.83 ERA, and 1.00 WHIP in 35 innings. He's struck out 40 and walked just 8. He's under control until next season, making $3.8 million this year and next year.

We have a quick two game series in Kasnas City to finish the month. We'd see former Marlins Tyler Mahle (2-5, 5.31 ERA) and Nick Neidert (6-4, 4.69 ERA) before another day off.

June 29th, 2024: The Rays traded LF Jesus Armando Sanchez to the Indians for C Zach Humpreys and LHP Jefferson Escorcha. It's a fair swap, but with Humpreys' Marlin connection, I'll say Tampa gets the better end.

Max Povse will begin rehab in AAA New Orleans.

Jordan Montgomery (4-6, 2.85 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) opened the series againt former teammate Tyler Mahle (2-5, 5.31 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) as we look to finally win a game. We scored 5 in the 2nd, and it was enough to steal the opener 5-3.

Montgomery lasted just 3.2 innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Kenyon Yovan earned the win, 2.1 perfect frames with 2 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers, Ernesto Estrella, and Chasen Shreve earned holds while Jorge Moya earned the save. Shreve's Marlins debut was 0.2 innings with a strikeout.

Nick Gordon was 3-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Carlos Soler was 1-for-5 with a triple, RBI, and run scored. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-5 with a double and run scored.

Orioles 2B Logan Davidson improved his hit streak to 20 in an 8-3 win over the Indians.

June 30th, 2024: Fan vote update: Dillard still has the most in the NL, and Beer still leads the 1B tally. Montgomery fell to fourth, and Shiotani leads relievers.

We looked to win the series and finish June over .500 with A.J. Puckett (5-1, 3.48 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) battling former teammate Nick Neidert (6-4, 4.69 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). We dropped the finale 6-2...

Puckett allowed 4 runs in 2.2 innings with 5 hits and 3 strikeouts. Toussaint allowed a run with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts in 2.1 innings. Jian-ying Niu allowed a run in the 5th with 2 hits and a strikeout.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-3 with a solo homer, 2 total runs scored, and a walk. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Nick Gordon was 1-for-4 with a double.

Davidson's streak, like most 20 game streaks, was snapped right after it happened.

We're 5 back of both Washington and New York, and we look terrible. Somehow, we're just half a game out of the 2nd Wild Card to end June, but the season hasn't gone as planned...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #230
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
July 1st-July 8th

July 1st, 2024: Thankfully, June is over, and we can begin July... Down in Jacksonville, CF Joe Brewer was named player of the week, going 13-for-18 with 8 runs scored and 2 driven in. The 2020 second rounder is hitting .312/.440/.420 with 2 homers, 18 RBI's, and 8 steals in 46 games.

We've dropped back to 10th in the Power Rankings, with the Mets and Nationals one and two.

We flew home, and would prepare to host the Phillies. We'd see Sixto Sanchez (3-6, 5.53 ERA), Marcos Molina (3-6, 6.16 ERA), and Daniel Camarena (1-1, 5.13 ERA) and hopefully sweep the last place Phillies while at home.

Tomorrow the International Pool is published as well.

July 2nd, 2024: The International Pool isn't too strong, but there is a lot of depth. There's no real stand out guy, so I'm putting my eggs in multiple baskets.

Jake Florence (7-5, 2.84 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) opened the series against Sixto Sanchez (3-6, 5.54 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) in front of a packed crowd as we looked to start a winning streak during this long homestand. The pitching was beautiful, and we shut them out 2-0.

Florence was remarkable, 7 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 7 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers earned the hold and Jorge Moya the save.

Adam Haseley was 1-for-4 with a 2 run double in the 4th inning. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Seth Beer was 2-for-4.

July 3rd, 2024: Garrett McDaniels (0-0, 3.47 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) looked to finally get a win against Marcos Molina (3-6, 6.16 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). We lost 8-5 and for some reason we just can't win more then one game in a row.

McDaniels allowed 4 runs in 4 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Youssaint allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a hit and walk. Quivers allowed 2 runs in 1.1 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and strikeout.

Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, and 2 runs scored. Lewis Brinson hit a pinch hit solo homer in the 9th. Nick Gordon was 1-for-1 with an RBI, run scored, and 3 walks.

Matt Duffy hit for the cycle as his Rockies destoryed the Mets 12-0.

July 4th, 2024: I extended all the personell that would re-sign with me.

We looked to win the series with Shoehi Ohtani (2-1, 4.68 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) facing Dadniel Camarena (1-1, 5.13 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). We dropped the finale 6-3 and I don't know how we are so bad at home this year.

Ohtani allowed 4 runs in 5 innings with 2 walks and 10 strikeouts. Moya allowed 2 more in the 9th with 3 hits and a strikeout.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-5 with a solo homer and 2 total runs scored. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5. Seth Beer was 1-for-2 with 2 walks. Adam Haseley was 0-for-1 with a sca fly and 2 walks.

Well, that couldn't have gone much worse... We're 5.5 games out of first, half game out of the second wild card. We host Arizona for four, facing Steven Gingery (6-8, 5.07 ERA), Brock Helverson (2-5, 5.21 ERA), Jhoan Duran (6-7, 3.63 ERA), and Jean-Christophe Hernandez (3-9, 6.15 ERA).

July 5th, 2024: All unsigned players were announced, and here's where mine are spending the next 1-for-4 years.

2nd Round: SP Mike Bookert (Rice 2027)
6th Round: CF Omari Golatt (Long Beach State 2027)
9th Round: 2B Andy Gibson (Jackson State 2027)
12th Round: SS Rodolfo Silva (Cal State-Fullerton 2027)
13th Round: CF Steven Senior (Costal Carolina 2025)
18th Round: CF Jeff McMaster (Illinois State 2027)
19th Round: CF Ben Robinson (Alabama 2027)
24th Round: SP Luis Alderte (Cal State-Fullerton 2025)
28th Round: 2B Amari Grevious (BYU 2027)
29th Round: SP Joe Zumwalt (Tennessee 2027)
30th Round: CF Danny Treen (Sacred Heart 2027)
34th Round: SP Luis Barecneas (Clemson 2025)
35th Round: CF Alfredo Garza (Stanford 2025)
38th Round: SP Sincere Sturrup (USC 2027)
39th Round: SP Teagan Squarebriggs (LSU 2025)

I'm looking at the 27th pick in the 2nd round for the Bookert pick, but who knows if I'll get it...

I signed Mexican RF Jorge Escobar to a $1.4 million bonus. Rated a 3*, he's got a great eye, great pop, and solid contact. He's not the best defender, but has a decent arm and speed.

I claimed Adonis Medina off waivers and DFA'd Touki Toussiant. There sort of similar players and Toussiant has pissed me off a bit too much so far.

We opened the four game set with Arizona with Jordan Montgomery (4-6, 3.05 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) taking on Scott Gingery (6-8, 5.07 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). Another loss, as we allowed 4 runs in the 16th inning to lose 5-1...

Montgomery went just 5 innings, allowing 4 hits, an unearned run, and 11 strikeouts. Yes, this game should never have gone into extras... Granted, we should've scored. In his 4th inning, Alpha Quivers allowed 4 runs with 5 hits, 5 walks, and he struck out 4 in 3.2 innings. Medina made his debut, 0.1 innings with a walk.

Adam Haseley was 2-for-7 with a double and scored the only run. Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-6 with a double and a walk. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a walk and double off the bench. Nick Gordon was 3-for-6.

Cubs RF Seung-ryong Yoo hit three homers in a 12-7 loss to the Phillies.

July 6th, 2024: We looked to actually win a game with A.J. Puckett (5-2, 4.05 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) taking on Brock Helverson (2-5, 5.21 ERA, 1.40 WHIP). Any more losses and I may get so angry that I never play with this team again... I kid, but it's been frustrating... We were crushed 8-1 and I'm lost for words...

Puck allowed 8 (5 earned) in 4.2 innings with 7 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Adonis Medina tossed 2.1 solid innings with a hit and 2 strikeout. Kenyon Yovan allowed 2 hits and got a strikeout in 2 innings.

Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a steal. Blake Tiberi was 2-for-4. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with the lone RBI. He drove in Scott Kingery who had a pinch hit single in the 7th.

Down in AAA, Ryan Mountcastle was 5-for-6 in a 16-4 win over Colorado.

July 7th, 2024: I signed IFA 3B Luz Espinoza to a $1,980,000 bonus. He's a solid hitter with great power, a great eye, and great contact. The 16-year-old Dominican has a cannon at third and solid range.

Thomas Dillard leads catcher's and the NL, Seth Beer leads first base, Jordan Montgomery ranks 4th, and Yasukazu Shiotani leads relief pitchers.

The Indians releiver Rasiel Igelsias ruptured his unlar collateral ligament and will miss the rest of the year. He had a 2.57 ERA and struck out 14 in 14 innings.

We desperately needed to get back on track with Jake Florence (8-5, 2.62 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) taking on Jhoan Duran (6-7, 3.63 ERA, 1.33 WHIP). It took 13 innings, but Seth Beer hit a walk of solo homer to give us the 2-1 win.

Florence allowed an unearned run in 7 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. So again, extra innings should not havebeen needed. The pen didn't break, 6 innings with 5 hits, 7 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella tossed 3 innings with 2 hits, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Medina got the win, despite allowing a hit and two walks in the top half if the 13th.

Beer was 2-for-5 with the solo homer, a walk, and a double. He had a third of our hits. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-6 with an RBI.

July 8th, 2024: Walker Buehler will start rehab in the GCL, but now has the dreaded "Fragile" rating and I'm concerned that his extension will kill me. I may have to try moving him in the offseason...

I also outrighted Touissant to AAA.

We've dropped to 12th in the Power Rankings, the lowest all year. Or at least since the beginning of the season.

We looked to earn the split with Garrett McDaniels (0-1, 4.02 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) facing Jean-Christophe Hernandez (3-9, 6.15 ERA, 1.63 WHIP) in a must win game. We took the finale 4-2 to salvage a split in a series we should've swept or at least won.

McDaniels lasted just 4.2 innings with both runs, 6 hits, and 7 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani got the win, 1.1 innings with a hit and walk. Alpha Quivers and Chasen Shreve earned holds and Jorge Moya got the save.

Carlos Soler was a perfect 4-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and double. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a double and solo homer. Austin Hedges was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Seth Beer was 2-for-5 with an RBI. Adam Haseley was 2-for-4 with a run scored and a steal.

Okay, let's recap where we are right now: At 47-38, we sit 6 games out of first, and half a game out of the Wild Card. It doesn't look great right now, and we're off to Chicago for three. They're 42-43 and just 2 games out of first. I really, really wish I played in the NL Central, since every year the division leader has a worse record then me. We'd face Harol Cortijo (2-2, 4.24 ERA), Jorge Flores (4-1, 3.91 ERA), and Pablo Ochoa (4-7, 5.81 ERA).

Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #231
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
July 9th-July 15th

July 9th, 2024: We opened the series in Chicago with Shoehi Ohtani (2-2, 5.10 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) taking on Harold Cortijo (2-2, 4.24 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). We dropped the opener 5-4 in what will probably turn out to be a long road trip...

Ohtani allowed 5 innings with 4 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Jian-ying Niu got the loss, a run off 3 hits in the 6th.

Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a solo homer and a walk. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with a run scored, triple, and walk. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a walk, run, and doule. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a 2 run double.

July 10th, 2024: Adbert Alzolay for the Phillies will miss the rest of the season with a fractured elbow. He's had a rough year, a 6.41 ERA in 29 relief apperarences and 6 starts.

Now 7 out, Jordan Montgomery (4-6, 2.87 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) got the ball against Jorge Flores (4-1, 3.91 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). The bats decided to show up, and we evened the series with a nice 8-1 win.

Montgomery lasted 6.2 innings before leaving with an injury and I don't even know what to do anymore... He allowed 3 hits, just 1 run, 4 walks, ands struck out 3. Niu finished the inning and got a hold.

Rookie waiver claim Deshawn Hardamon was 2-for-3 with 2 homers, 3 runs, 2 RBI's, and 2 walks. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a run scored, RBI, walk, double, and triple. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-5 with a double. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored, 2 walks, and a double.

July 11th, 2024: We looked to earn the series win with A.J. Puckett (5-3, 4.56 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) facing Pablo Ochoa (4-7, 5.81 ERA, 1.57 WHIP). We shockingly took the finale 5-2 and came away with a series win.

Puckett was great, 6 shutout with 3 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani earned his 7th hold, despite allowing a run and 2 hits in the 7th. Jorge Moya allowed 1 more in the 9th.

Nick Gordon was 3-for-5 with a triple, steal, and run scored. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a walk, double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Austin Hedges was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a double and 2 RBI's.

Rangers 3B Joey Gallo launched 3 out of the park in a 8-3 win over the A's.

We pleasently exceeded my expectations, and head to San Diego to face the 48-39 Padres. We have a half game lead over them and Colorado for the 2nd Wild Card spot. We'd face MacKenzie Gore (3-5, 3.61 ERA), Chris Rodriguez (5-5, 4.26 ERA), and Felix Jorge (6-6, 4.89 ERA).

July 12th, 2024: Deep breath, Jordan Montgomery dodged another major injury, and just has a stiff back. He may or may not miss his next start. He should be back, with an off day after the Padres series.

We opened the series and looked to get a little revenge against the team that eliminated us last season and eventually won the World Series. Jake Florence (8-5, 2.43 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) took on MacKenzie Gore (3-6, 3.61 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) in a nice pitching matchup of superstar 25-year-olds. Sadly, they bested us 4-3 to take our playoff spot.

Florence had a rough outing, 5 walks and 5 hits leading to 4 runs in 2.2 innings. The rest of the pen combined for 5.1 innings with a single hit and 6 strikeouts.

Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer. Seth Beer was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles and a run scored. Blake Tiberi was 3-for-4 with a double. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with 2 walks, 2 steals, and a run scored.

Manny Machado was 5-for-6 in a Giants 7-6 win in extra innings against the rival Dodgers.

July 13th, 2024: We looked to even the series with Garrett McDaniels (0-1, 4.00 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) taking on Chris Rodriguez (5-5, 4.26 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). We scored 4 in the 9th, but still fell 6-4.

McDaniels allowed 3 runs in 4.2 innings with 3 hits, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Kenyon Yovan allowed 2 runs with 3 hits in 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Scott Kingery was 3-for-4 with an RBI. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and solo homer.

July 14th, 2024: Thomas Dillard still leads the NL and NL Catchers in All-Star votes with over 2.6 million. Seth Beer leads all 1B, Montgomery remains 4th in SP, and Shiotani paces all RP.

Arizona will be without CL Jared Miller for the year due to shoulder inflammation. He earned 15 saves in 39 relief apperaences with a 3.60 ERA.

The Rockies traded 3B Ryan Vilade to the A's for LHP A.J. Puk. It's a fair deal, but I like the A's side better.

Shoehi Ohtani (2-2, 5.40 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) was on the mound against Felix Jorge (6-6, 4.89 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) as we looked to avoid the sweep. We continued to dissapoint, and Matt Olson walked us off in the 10th with a solo shot.

Ohtani pitched well in likely his last start, 5.2 innings with 5 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Alpah Quivers blew the save with a solo shot to Olson in the 8th, and with two outs in the 10th, Moya allowed another solo shot to the slugger.

Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Adam Haseley was 2-for-3 with a double and walk. Thomas Dillard was 0-for-3 with a sac fly and walk.

Well that was embarassing... Luckily, tomorrow is off so I can try to trade for a player that can win games. It's also almost the All-Star break!

July 15th, 2024: We're all the way down to 14th in the Power Rankings.

Here's my stance: I'm not letting us miss the playoffs this year. Period. I had a deal in line for Bryce Harper, but he was injured, so I back tracked on that.

So get ready for this:

Step 1: Trade LF Lewis Brinson and 2B Trevor Hauver to the Red Sox for injured RP Jimmie Sherfy with his contract retained.

Step 2: Trade 3B Nolan Gorman, 3B Sergio Palafox, SP Tim Cate, 2B Reizo Honda, and CF Joe Brewer to the Blue Jays for 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Step 3: Ask owner for lot's of money to keep the young stud together and offer him a lot of money to stay in Miami forever.

Obviously, this a huge one, as I added one of the best players in the MLB because I was sick of losing. A 4.5 superstar, the 25-year-old is a career .301/.378/.534 hitter who will be a free agent at years' end, although I'm not letting him test the market.

Basically, he's going to make more money in the next 8 seasons then any player should ever make. It's an intense deal, but he'll make 264,000,000 throughout the life of the contract. Now obiously, this kills my bdget, but I don't care. I need Vlady forever, and I can deal with salary after I win the World Series.

Up next is the Brewers for three to finish the first half of the season. We'll see Jacob Nix (5-8, 4.78 ERA), Joey Lucchesi (4-1, 2.86 ERA), and Bobby Nicholson (1-2, 3.72 ERA).

Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #232
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
July 16th-July 22nd

July 16th, 2024: I optioned Blake Tiberi to AAA to recall SP Walker Buehler from his rehab assignment. After adding Vlad Jr., there's no room for Tiberi. Not gonna lie, as a Blue Jay fan, I couldn't pass up on overpaying for the future greatest hitter of all time.

Sidenote: After trading Lewis Brinson, I no longer have any player from my origional 25-man roster anymore. Brinson almost lasted untill Free Agency, but I needed to save money.

We opened the series in Milwaukee with Jordan Montgomery (5-6, 2.77 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) facing Jacob Nix (5-8, 4.78 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). Vlad Jr. will hit 2nd and man 3rd and my Guerrero-Dillard-Beer combo gives me one of the best fire power in the league for a 2-3-4 trio. Somehow, we still lost 5-4 after Andrew Benefield hit a walk off single.

Monty allowed 4 runs in 5.1 innings with 7 hits and 3 strikeouts. Jorge Moya allowed three hits in the 10th, with the walk off occuring with 2 outs.

Vlad was the offense, 2-for-5 with a 2 run homer and 4 total RBI's. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a run scored and steal. Nick Gordon was 2-for-3 with a run scored.

We're also now in 4th place...

July 17th, 2024: We needed to win, with A.J. Puckett (6-3, 4.08 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) taking on Chandler Ferguson (4-3, 5.04 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). I don't know why we suck so bad, and we lost 4-3. More changes will be made...

Puck allowed 3 runs in 4.1 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Yovan got the loss, 1.2 innings with a hit, run, and 2 strikeouts.

Nick Gordon was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-5 with an RBI.

Triston McKenzie tossed a 6-hit shutout in a 4-0 Indians win over the Twins. Cubs SS Aramis Ademan was 5-for-5 in a 7-6 loss to Arizona.

July 18th, 2024: We looked to avoid the sweep against the pitiful Brewers to finish a pitiful first half of the season. Jake Florence (8-6, 2.73 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) battled Bobby Nicholson (1-2, 3.72 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) in the series finale. Finally, we won a game, 7-6 despite allowing 6 runs in the first three innings.

Florence had a rough outing, 2.1 innings with 3 hits, 5 runs, 5 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Adonis Medina allowed a run, 2 walks, and a hit in 2 innings. Yasukazu Shiotani earned the win, now 6-1 for the year, with 1.2 innings and just a hit. Chasen Shreve earned the hold and Jorge Moya the save.

Austin Hedges was 2-for-2 with 2 walks, 2 homers, and 4 total RBI's. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and a double. Adam Haseley was 2-for-5 with a double and run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a double, walk, RBI, and run scored.

Finally, the first half is over, and we ended up 50-44 after starting Apil 14-9 and May 17-11. We're 9 out of first and 4 out of the Wild Card, but I'm not taking an All-Star Break. Lot's of trades will be made, we're not missing the playoffs this year...

July 19th, 2024: The All-Star game was off, so the teams were announced today. The game will be 21st.

My All-Stars were: SP Jordan Montgomery (2nd), RP Yasukazu Shiotani (3rd), C Thomas Dillard (2nd), and 1B Seth Beer (1st).

July 20th, 2024: It took a long, long time, but I made another big blockbuster. I sent SS Jose Isreal Garcia, RHP Jian-ying Niu, 1B Ryan Mountcastle, and C Brad Debo to the Pirates for CF Lazaro Armenteros. "Lazarito" is rated a 3.5/5 in LF where I'll play him, and he's just 25. He's hitting .261/.326/.426 with 11 homers, 44 RBI's, and 23 steals.

I added him and Max Povse to the active roster.

July 21st, 2024: Khalil Lee is out for the year with a ruptured achilles tendon. The Royals RF had 9 homers and 35 RBI's on the season.

Today is the All-Star game, and possible the best season ever is occuring for the Mariners and AL starter Sergio Barreto who is 15-0 with a 1.48 ERA and a 1.01 WHIP. He'd face Jorge Flores (4-3, 4.25 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) who probably shouldn't be starting. Seth Beer is hitting 5th and the NL vote leader Thomas Dillard hits 7th. Cole Brannen is hitting leadoff for the AL in RF. The NL won 2-1.

Beer was 1-for-3 with an RBI. Dillard was 1-for-3. Montgomery and Shiotani did not pitch. Brannen was actually named MVP of the game.

July 22nd, 2024: We're back up to 13th in the Power Rankings, as the second half starts tomorrow.

We'll host the Mets for three as we look to climb back into the playoff race. We'll face Michael Wacha (6-5, 3.99 ERA), Luis Marrero (8-1, 2.30 ERA), and Chris Sale (8-2, 3.76 ERA). We really needed to start the second half strong, and hopefully we can play like we did at home last year.

July started 6-10, and we may not be able to go over .500 for the second straight month. It's hard to upgrade right now, because I have good players they just aren't playing well. There really aren't many weak spots and the chemistry is great. I have 4 captains and a team leader, and just one unmotivated player. I'm hoping things will turn around...

Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #233
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
July 23rd-July 29th

July 23rd,2024: Mike Soroka is off to the GCL to begin rehab.

It's time to start winning, as we host the Mets for three to start the second half. Walker Buehler (2-3, 3.72 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) battled Michael Wacha (6-5, 3.99 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) as Lazaro Armenteros made his debut, hitting 6th and playing LF. It was the best way to start, a 3-0 shutout win.

Buehler was great, 7 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani earned a hold and Jorge Moya got the save.

Lazarito was 1-for-3 with a walk and stetal in his Marlins debut. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-4 with a double. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a two run homer. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with a sac bunt.

That's exaclty how we needed to start the second half!

Angels LF Mike Smedley was 5-for-6 in a 4-3 loss to the Mariners.

July 24th, 2024: We loked to keep it going with Jake Florence (8-6, 3.11 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) battling Luis Marrero (8-1, 2.30 ERA, 1.08 WHIP). We really wanted to lose, allowing 2 in the top of the 9th to blow a 8-6 lead. Luckily, we got 1 in the bottom half to win 9-8.

LF Adam Haseley left with injury...

Florence had a rough start, 3.2 innings with 5 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Max Povse allowed a run in 1.2 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and strikeout. Ernesto Estrella tossed 2.1 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Jorge Moya allowed the 2 in the 9th, but ended up getting the win.

Deshawn Hardamon was 1-for-3 with a 2 run homer. Lazarito was 2-for-3 with 2 runs scored, 2 walks, 2 steals, and a double. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a run scored, 2 driven in, 2 doubles, and a walk. Haseley was 2-for-3 with a double, 2 walks, run scored, and RBI before getting hurt.

Manny Machado recorded his 2,000th career hit in a 4-1 Ginats win over the Pirates. In his career with Batlimore, Detroit, and the San Francisco, he's a career .280/.337/.477 hitter in 7,146 at bats with 330 homers and 1,034 RBI's.

July 25th, 2024: The Mariners traded RHP Tyler Glasnow to the Braves for RF Jesus Maita and C Reese McGuire. I like this deal for the Mariners. The Cardinals traded CF Manny Margot to the Astros for RF George Springer. Even with Springer's contract being retained, I like this deal for Houston.

We looked to finish the sweep in a soutpaw duel: Chris Sale (8-2, 3.76 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) vs. Jordan Montgomery (5-6, 2.98 ERA, 1.13 WHIP). We edged them 4-3 to complete the three game sweep to start the series.

Montgomery went 6, allowing 6 hits, 3 runs (1 earned), and 2 strikeouts. Chasen Shreve, Alpha Quivers, and Ernesto Estrella earned holds, while Kenyon Yovan got the save. Shreve and Quivers both struck out the side.

Nick Gordon was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Seth Beer was 4-for-5 with a run scored. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-3 with a sac fly and 2 RBI's.

Atlanta comes to town for four, and we'll face Chris Helmick (2-0, 0.81 ERA), Sean Newcomb (2-4, 4.91 ERA), Lucas Sims (4-3, 3.88 ERA), and the newley acquired Tyler Glasnow (5-5, 4.19 ERA).

July 26th, 2024: The Giants will be without Martin Carrasco for the year with shoulder inflammation. The 24-year-old was 5-4 with a save and a 5.03 ERA in 59 innings with 43 strikeouts.

We opened the Atlanta series with Garrett McDaniels (0-2, 4.17 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) taking on Chris Helmick (2-0, 0.81 ERA, 0.96 WHIP). It wasn't pretty, and they shut us out 6-0.

McDaniels allowed just 2 in 5 with 6 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Yovan allowed 3 runs off 3 hits in 0.2 innings with a strikeout. Max Povse allowed another run in 2.1 innings with a run and 5 strikeouts.

Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a triple. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a walk.

July 27th, 2024: Adam Haseley had an oblique strain, and will head to the DL for 3 weeks. I recalled RF Carlos Soler.

We looked to bounce back with A.J. Puckett (6-3, 4.23 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) battling Sean Newcomb (2-4, 4.91 ERA, 1.76 WHIP). It took 12 innings, but we edged them 3-2 to even the series. Thomas Dillard hit a walk off single off Brad Hand.

Puck was great, 7 innings with 5 hits, a run, and 3 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotnai and Alpha Quivers earned holds, before Jorge Moya blew the save. He allowed a run with 2 walks and a strikeout in the 9th. Adonis Medina earned the win with a perfect 12th.

Vlad Jr. was 1-for-5 with a solo hoemr and a walk. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a double, walk, and run scored. Deshawn Hardamon was 1-for-5 with a triple. Mickey Moniak was 0-for-3, but walked three times, drove in a run, and scored. Dillard was 1-for-5 with an RBI and hit by pitch.

Rays 1B Matt Wallner was 5-for-5 in an 11-5 loss to the Rangers. The reigning MVP is having a bit of a down year, hitting just .247, but with 28 homers and 59 RBI's.

July 28th, 2024: The Phillies will be without Aaron Nola for the year and part of next with a stretched elbow ligament. He missed a lot of this year and most of last year, and made just 3 big league starts. The former superstar has just made 7 starts the past 2 years after 30 or more from 2018-2022.

We looked to keep winning with Walker Buehler (3-3, 3.23 era, 1.19 whip) facing Tyler Glasnow (5-5, 4.19 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) who's making his Braves debut. We couldn't win, and dropped this one 6-4.

Buehler went just 2 innings, allowing 4 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Max Povse allowed 2 in 1.1 innings with 4hits and a walk. Adonis Medina allowed a run in 1.2 innings with 1.2 innings and 2 strikeouts.

Deshawn Hardamon had a pinch hit homer in the 9th. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a steal and an RBI. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a run scored, RBI, and steal.

July 29th, 2024: We're up to 11th in the Power Rankings.

We look to earn the split with Jake Florence (8-6, 3.43 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) taking on Lucas Sims (4-3, 3.88 ERA, 1.11 WHIP). The pitching was near perfect, and we shut them out 3-0 to finish the homestand 5-2.

Florence went 6.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Chasen Shreve and Povse earned holds, and Jorge Moya got the save.

Thomas Dillard was 2-for-3 with a walk, 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a solo homer. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a double, steal, and run scored. Seth Beer was 2-for-3 with a double, RBI, and walk. Scott Kingery had a pinch hit double in the 7th.

The Rockies 1B Ryan McMahon launced 3 homers in a 7-5 win over the Cardinals.

To bolster the pen, I added RHP Ben Heller and minor league RHP Billy Salter from Oakland for RHP Max Povse and RHP Joe Bernal.

Heller is the big piece, a solid reliever who's 4-3 with a save and a 2.72 ERA and 0.98 WHIP in 43 innings. He's struck out 53 and walked 16. The former 22nd Rounder all the way back in 2013 is a huge upgrade over Povse.

Salter, 23, was selected in the 9th round of last year's draft, and is rated a 2* potential. He's not the biggest piece, but I can always use pitching depth, especially after moving Bernal.

We're 8 out of first and 1.5 out of the 2nd Wild Card, as we travel to the Phillies stadium for three and then four with the Nationals. Looking at the Phillies series, we'll see Sixto Sanchez (4-9, 4.30 ERA), Will Kincanon (0-0, 4.50 ERA), and Daniel Camarena (2-3, 6.41 ERA) in a must sweep series.

Soroka will be coming back soon, although I may add an extra arm to the rotation to push Puckett to the pen. Some possibilities are Charles King of the Astros or the Blue Jays Carlos Martinez, but I'm not too fond of the pitching market right now.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #234
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
July 30th-August 5th

July 30th, 2024: The Blue Jays traded LHP Patrick Corbin to the Astros for 1B J.D. Davis. I have no clue what Toronto was doing here...

We opened a road trip in Philadelphia with Jordan Montgomery (6-6, 2.90 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) taking on Sixto Sanchez (4-9, 4.30 ERA, 1.27 WHIP). We scored a pair of late runs to win the opener 4-3.

Montgomery allowed 3 runs in 6.2 innings with 7 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani earned the win with three strikeouts in 1.1 innings and Jorge Moya earned a save.

Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's and a double. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a run scored and he was hit by a pitch. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a run socred and a walk.

July 31st, 2024: Happy Trade Deadline! The Padres traded RF Josh Naylor and RHP Billy Cocoran to the Reds for LF Jeremy Green. I have no idea what the Padres were thinking here...

I struck a deal to bolster my bullpen, sending SP Luis Ardon and 3B Blake Tiberi to the Cubs for CL Michael Feliz and 65% of his salary retained.

Feliz, 31, will take the 8th inning role in our pen, and is rated a 3.5*. "Fuego" has 12 saves on the year with a 3.42 ERA and 1.06 WHIP. Contract wise, I pay him just $6.4 million each year, including that same sum on a 2026 player option.

I optioned Kenyon Yovan to AAA to make room.

With Felix in the pen, Garrett McDaniels (0-3, 4.12 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) took on Will Kincanon (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) who's making his second start of the season. He's not really big league quality, but niether is most of the Phillies roster currently. We tallied 8 runs and took game two 8-2.

McDaniels allowed 2 runs in 4.2 innings with 6 hits, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts. He'd be optioned to AAA to recall Mike Soroka from his rehab assignment. The rest of the pen tossed 4.1 innings with 3 hits and 3 strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella finished the 5th to earn the win.

Carlos Soler was 2-for-5 with a 2 run homer and 3 total RBI's. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 3-for-5 with an RBI. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a double, walk, and two run sscored. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a run scored, driven in, and walk.

The Rays' Travis Swaggerty was 5-for-5 in a 12-1 win over the Yankees.

August 1sy, 2024: We looked to finish the sweep with A.J. Puckett (6-3, 3.93 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) taking on Daniel Camarena (2-3, 6.41 ERA, 1.70 WHIP). We couldn't finish them off, and dropped the finale 4-2.

Puck allowed 4 in 4 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Michael Feliz made his debut for us, 1.1 innings with 2 strikeouts.

Mickey Moniak was 3-for-4. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 wtih a double. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and a steal. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-4 with a solo shot.

Down in Greensboro, 3B Ismael Mayen hit for the cycle in a 3-1 win over Kannapolis.

We actually have a half game lead over San Diego for the 2nd Wild Card, but head to Washington for four against the first place 65-39 Nationals. They have a huge 8 game lead over us, and we need to turn that into 4. We'd see Erling Moreno (4-4, 3.95 ERA), Sonny Warner (11-3, 3.85 ERA), Cole Ragans (5-8, 3.82 ERA), and Breiling Eusebio (1-1, 4.56 ERA).

August 2nd, 2024: We opened the important series in Washington with Walker Buehler (3-4, 3.60 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) facing Erling Moreno (4-4, 3.95 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). Juan Soto hits Buehler well, 6-for-17 with a longball. He hit a three run shot in the 5th in the 6-2 win.

Lazaro Armenteros, who we literally just acquired, left with an injury...

Buehler allowed 8 hits and 5 runs in 4.1 innings with 5 strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella allowed a run in the 7th with 2 hits and a strikeout.

Armenteros was 2-for-3 with a walk and a pair of doubles before he left with injury. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and double. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a steal. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4.

August 3rd, 2024: We looked to even the series with Jake Florence (9-6, 3.22 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) taking on Sonny Warner (11-3, 3.85 ERA, 1.28 WHIP). We continued to suck against the Nationals, getting crushed 7-1.

Florence allowed 5 (3 earned) in 3.1 innings with 3 hits, 8 walks, and a strikeout. Adonis Medina allowed 2 runs (1 earned) in an inning with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Moniak, who has had success against Warner in the past, was 3-for-4 with a walk and solo homer to start the game. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 2-for-4 with a double. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a double.

The Jays Carlos Martinez tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 12-0 win over the Mariners.

August 4th, 2024: The Braves will be withotu RHP Devan Watts for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He's been excellent, 4-3 with a 1.87 ERA this year.

The Indians will be without the struggling Cody Allen for the year. He has shoulder inflammation, and it will end his dissapointing 2024.

Mike Soroka (6-2, 3.84 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) made his return to the rotation in a must win game against Cole Rangas (5-8, 3.82 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). It was a tight one, but we edged them 9-8.

Soroka had a rough return, 7 hits and 4 runs in 4.2 innings, although he did have 7 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers allowed 2 runs and 2 walks while getting just 1 out. Chasen Shreve allowed a run, hit, walk, and strikeout in 0.2 innings. It was his first allowed run with us. Feliz, Ben Heller, Shreve, and Estrella earned holds, and Jorge Moya earned a save. He allowed a run, walk, strikeout, and hit in the 9th.

Scott Kingery was 2-for-3 with a three run homer. Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-5 with 2 runs, 3 RBI's, and a double. Deshawn Hardamon was 2-for-3 with a run scored and walk. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a double, RBI, and walk. Nick Gordon was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored and one driven in.

August 5th, 2024: Armenteros was diagnosed with a strained groin and will head to the DL for 5 weeks. I decided it was time, and I purchased the contract of top prospect LF Juan Ramirez. Just 25, he's rated a 2/5 with potentials of 80/100/72/66/87. "Hammerhead" is ranked the #20 prospect in all of baseball. I signed him in 2019 out of Venezuela for a $2.8 million bonus which looks like a nice deal.

Down in AAA, C Nick Feight won hitter of the month, going 9-for-14 with 4 homers, 8 RBI's, and 6 runs scored.

3B Ismael Mayen in A was named South Atlantic Player of the Week. He hit .474 with 2 homers, 7 RBI's, and 3 runs.

We're up to 10th in the power rankings.

We looked to even the series with Jordan Montgomery (6-6, 2.96 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) taking on Breiling Eusebio (1-1, 4.50 ERA, 1.36 WHIP). Ramirez, who has nice speed, is hitting leadoff and starting in LF. We dropped the finale 5-1.

Monty allowed 2 runs in 6 innings with 8 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Feliz allowed 3 runs in 0.2 innings off 2 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

The tired squad had a rough time at the plate. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. Deshawn Hardamon was 2-for-4 with a double. Ramirez was 1-for-5 in his big league debut.

Well, it could've been worse... But, also, much better. We're back home to host the Twins for three before a desperately needed off day. We still somehow have the 2nd Wild Card spot, but are just 58-50 and 7 games behind the Mets for the top spot. The first place Twins will send former Marlin Joe LaBrie (4-2, 4.39 ERA), Jeremy Hynek (7-4, 4.40 ERA), and Chad Bradenburg (2-10, 5.47 ERA) to the mound. We need to win these games, as we can't afford to drop anymore games...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #235
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
August 6th-August 12th

August 6th, 2024: We opened our series hosting the Twins with two pitchers' facing their former teams. A.J. Puckett (6-4, 4.21 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) battled Joe LaBrie (4=2, 4.39 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) in the opener. We also would see former 1B Keston Hiura who hits cleanup for the Twins. We got crushed 13-2 in the opener...

Puck had a rough outing, 4.1 innings with 9 hits, 7 runs, a walk, and srikeout. Ernesto Estrella allowed 3 in 2 innings with 3 hits, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers allowed 2 in 0.2 innings with 3 hits. Adoni Medina allowed 1 in 0.2 innings wtih 2 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. 2B Deshawn Hardamon pitched the best, 1.1 scorless innings with a hit, 2 walks, and a strikeout. His pitching ratings are an impressive 2/10/7...

Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

August 7th, 2024: The White Sox will be without former 2nd Rounder Nehemiah Smithbrown for the year with shoulder inflammation. The RHP is an excellent reliever I considered acquiring in July, but his "Fragile" rating scared me away. The 23-year-old has a 4.06 ERA in 37.2 innings with 46 strikeouts and a 1.33 WHIP.

The Angels also lost the 2019 15th Overall Pitch LHP Zack Thompson for the year with shoulder inflammation. Origionally selected by Texas, he's never really reached his potential, bouncing organization to organization, but was turning in a solid rooke year. He was 1-6 with a 3.65 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 56.2 innings out of the pen with 44 strikeouts and 22 walks.

We looked to even the series with Walker Buehler (3-5, 4.10 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) taking on future superstar Jeremy Hyenk (7-4, 4.40 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). The 25-year-old Hynek hasn't yet turned his extremely impressive tools into production yet, but when he does, watch out... He was excellent today, but we got to the pen to earn a 3-1 win.

Buehler looked great, 7.2 innings with 6 hits, a run, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers got the hold by finishing the 8th, and Jorge Moya tossed a perfect 9th for the save.

Seth Beer did all the damage, 1-for-3 with a three run homer and a walk. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Austin Hedges was 2-for-3. Buehler himself was 1-for-2 with a walk and run scored.

Eric Larson hit for the cycle in a Pirates 6-2 win over the Cardinals. The former 33rd Rounder has bonuced around, but after converting from pitcher to outfielder, he's shown off nice power.

August 8th, 2024: I claimed Mike Adler off waivers just to try to sneak him through. He's rated a 2/3.5 as as RP, but the 21-year-old isn't quite ready. He's also not the best clubhouse guy, but we'll worry about that later.

The series finished with Jake Florence (9-7, 3.37 ERA, 1.33 WHIP battling Chad Bradenburg (2-10, 5.47 ERA, 1.57 WHIP) in a game we should win. Interesting enough, former Marlin Jeremy Arocho is in RF, a position they've taught him quite well. Despite allowing 3 in the first, Florence calmed down and we won 6-3.

He didn't get the win, but he ended up going 4.1 innings with the 3 runs, 2 walks, 8 hits, and 3 strikeouts. Estrella got the win, 2.2 innings with a hit and 5 strikeouts. Chasen Shreve and Ben Heller earned holds, and Jorge Moya the save.

Juan Ramirez was 2-for-4 with his first career homer, a solo shot, a double, and 2 total runs scored. Nick Gordon was 2-for-3 with a double, walk, run scored, and RBI. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a run scored, 2 RBI's, a walk, and just a homer shy of the cycle. Deshawn Hardamon was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

Tomorrow was a much needed off day as we could rest before another home series.

SS Rece Hinds was 5-for-5 in a 9-6 Braves win over the Mets. The former 4th Overall Pick is a future superstar with a gold glove at short and a solid bat.

August 9th, 2024: The Dodgers will be without LF Kyle Scwarber for the year with a ruptured achilles tendon. He's had an interesting career, hitting over .250 just once in his carrer, and under .200 in consecutive sesaons (2029-2030). He's slugged a career 210 homer with a .221/.327/.464 triple slash.

The Tigers will be without RF Luis Gonzalez fort the year with a torn ACL. In his first year with the tigers, he was hitting .297 with 9 homers and 46 RBI's.

Dane Dunning tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 4-0 White Sox win over the Indians.

The first place Dodgers will come to town in another tough series. We've got a 1 game lead over the Braves for the 2nd Wild Card, and would look to expand that against Dennis Santana (6-5, 4.49 ERA), C.J. Jorgensen (5-3, 5.01 ERA), and Clayton Kershaw (3-5, 2.63 ERA).

August 10th, 2024: Mike Soroka (6-2, 4.09 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) opened the series against Dennis Santana (6-5, 4.49 ERA, 1.37 WHIP). The series didn't star as planned, and we fell 7-1.

Soroka had a rough outing, 3.1 innings with 7 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Adonis Medina allowed a run in 2 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Ernesto Estrella allwoed a run in 1.2 innings with a hit and 2 strikeouts.

Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and hit by pitch. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a double, walk, and steal. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a double. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4.

August 11th, 2024: Mike Adler cleared waivers and I outrighted him to A+ Jupiter.

My former 4th Round pick Josh Windom will miss the rest of this year and possibly all of next year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. Just 22, he's had his share of injury problems, including radial nerve decompression surgery that had three setbacks and eventually took nearly 16 month to heal.

We looked to even the series back up with Jordan Montgomery (6-7, 2.97 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) taking on C.J. Jorgensen (5-3, 5.01 ERA, 1.40 WHIP). We took this one 7-3 with help from a 4 run 4th.

Montgomery allowed 3 in 5.1 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani, Ben Heller, and Chasen Shreve earned holds with Jorge Moya recording the save.

Carols Soler was 1-for-2 with a three run homer, 2 walks, 2 total runs scored, and was 1-for-2 with base stealing. Deshawn Hardamon launched a pinch hit solo homer in the 8th. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a run scored, RBI, and double. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a steal. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-2 with a run scored, 2 walks, and a steal. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and driven in.

August 12th, 2024: The Phillies will be without RHP Liam Hendriks for the year with a torn rotator cuff. In his first season in Philly, he was 2-0 with a 3.54 ERA and struck out 53 in 48.1 innings.

We're down to 13th in the Power Rankings now.

We looked to win the series with A.J. Puckett (6-5, 4.79 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) facing Clayton Kershaw (3-5, 2.63 ERA, 0.99 WHIP) who has been pitching like prime Kershaw, albeit with a few relief appearences scattered in and a limited amount of innings. It took 13 innings, but Brendan Rodgers hit a walk-off double off Will Smith to score the winning run in a 3-2 victory.

Puck was brilliant, 8 innings with just 2 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. The rest of the pen tossed 4 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Heller got the win, pitching the top of the 13th.

Vlad Jr. was 2-for-6 with a pair of solo shots. Rodgers was just 1-for-6 in the game, but gave us the win. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-4 with a walk and double. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a walk and hit by pitch. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with a walk, hit by pitch, and he scored the game winning run.

The Pirates SP Shane Baz tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Rockies. The 25-year-old is 4-1 with a 3.47 ERA in 11 starts this season.

We hold just a half game leaed over the hot Braves. It's on to Arizona for three with the 50-63 Diamondbacks. We really need to win this series, and we'll face Jean-Christophe Hernandez (3-12, 5.98 ERA), Steven Gingery (7-9, 4.73 ERA), and Brock Helverson (3-7, 5.13 ERA).

Just a little drafted player update for those who aren't in the organization currently, 2018 4th Rounder Jack Filby is hitting .200/.303/.314 with the Indians in 35 games with 3 homers and 12 RBI's. His class mate 26th Rounder Brett Conine has pitched 44 innings with the Mariners this year, working a 3.68 ERA and 1.43 WHIP with 36 strikeouts and 16 walks.

Looking in the organization for those approaching their debuts, Josh Weske is almost a lock to recieve a September Callup. I'll have to add him to the 40 in the offseaosn, and the former 12th Overall Pick in 2020 is 7-5 with a 3.97 ERA and 1.39 WHIP in 20 starts for New Orleans. His ERA+ is 120, which means compared to the rest of the league, his ERA is 20% better then average. He's currently rated a 1.5/3.5, and is pretty similar to the current Jake Florence (the potential Florence has best pitcher in the NL ratings).

His teammate 2018 13th Rounder Gunnar Hoglund may also recieve a callup. He's rated a 1/2 as a SP, but can be an effective long reliever in the majors. In 17 games (4 starts) he's 4-1 with a 4.17 ERA and 1.28 WHIP in 45.1 innings with 39 strikeouts and 18 walks. His ERA+ is 114, again, above average for the league.

Down in AA, 11th Rounder from 2018 Jonathan Gettys is making a bit of a name for himself. The lefty is a 1.5 potential, but has struck out 115 hitters in 121 innings. He's 5-8 in 24 starts, but needs to work on his walks, as he's walked 5.7 per 9. That will help lower his WHIP and his ERA.

His teammate and fellow 2018 draftee 9th rounder Josh Hiatt was dominant in A+, but at 27, is a bit old for that level, so the true test will be Jacksonville. Hiatt is rated 1.5/2 as a reliever and had a 1.77 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 20.1 innings. He struck out 27 and walked 9.

2019 6th Rounder Keylan Killgore almost earned a promotion earlier in the year, but I had too many lefties in the pen. Rated a 1.5, he's done well with the Jumbo Shrimp, 33.1 innings with a 2.16 ERA and 1.17 WHIP with 30 strikeouts. He also has walk problems, and has walked 23, while allowing just 16 hits. He struggled a bit in New Orleans, but is an interesting guy to watch because he's a lefty.

2018 17th Rounder Pete McLean is rated a 2/2.5 and the righty has excellent stuff. He's spent time between Jupier and Jacksonville, and has done exteremely well (Jupiter: 2.61 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 68 strikeouts, 41.1 innings, Jacksonville: 1.50 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 15 strikeouts, 12 innings). He's a team leader and could possibly force himself into the bullpen.

Two-way player Ken Adrenian is also in Jacksonville, and has looked solid. The former 15th Overall pick in 2021 has done really well out of the pen, tossing 15.2 innings with 4 saves, a 1.72 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, and 9 strikeouts. His problem is his 12 walks. As a hitter, he's hitting .241/.290/.360 with 2 homers and 25 RBI's while playing a majority of his games at DH. He's an elite defensive LF with insane speed, but his future may be as a reliever. Either way, he's got big league potential (2.5 as LF, 3 as RP).

Last name of note is 2018 2nd Rounder Max Marusak. The speedy utility player hit well in 82 Jupiter games (.278/.334/.329, 2 homers, 31 RBI's, 35 steals), but a little worse in 27 Jacksonville games (.235/.312/.276, 10 RBI's, 11 steals). Still 24, there will always be room for him on a big league bench.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:53 AM   #236
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
August 13th-August 18th

Note: I'm trying something slightly different. In an effort to make this league more similar to real life, I will upgrade or in some cases "stabalize" some players selected out of high school, but fail to sign. In real life, these guys are generally good players not half star players that will never be selected again. This, paired with raising the number of players generated from 60 rounds to 70 rounds should make more quality players in the pool, but more importantly quality players who were selected in high school and will be selected again out of college. These players that will get changes to their ratings will generally not be huge bonuses, I'm not going to create unrealistic superstars, but they will be good enough to be selected again when their time comes.

For example, 7th Rounder Steve Helton of the Orioles did not sign and will attend Delaware State until at leaset 2027. His potentials (out of 250 in the editor) are 84-91-130-120-101. Since his ratings are relatively even with no weird spots, I'll give him a small upgrade to 94-101-140-130-111.

The Red Sox 22nd Rounder D.J. Goodwin will attend Portland until 2027. With ratings 85-110-96-50-97, I can stabalize him to 105-110-86-50-107 where he become a more accurate player (low power guys generally have better BABIP and EYE ratings), but will not become a superstar.

Another thing I can do is like with the Yankees 26th Rounder Chad Farmer who is going to Arizona for just 1 year. He has starting pitcher stamina, but his third pitch is awful, so with the move to college, I improved his 12 rated change up potential to 116 so he can become a real starter, and improve his movement from 20 to 93, because for some reason, the game spits out a lot of players with no control.

High round picks, such as Rays 3rd Rounder Josh McHargue will have a higher chance of getting bigger adjustments. I increased the RP's speed from 95-97 to 97-99 to show a progression in college and his control from 110 to 140. He is returning for his senior year at Vanderbuilt.

I also take the college they will attend into consideration. The better the school's program, the higher chance they have of getting a more substantial improvement.

All these players adjusted our not able to be signed, and most won't be eligible to be drafted for three years, so this doesn't benefit or hurt any team currently, but could help balance draft classes. As long as the majority of the first round aren't these players when the 2027 draft occurs, I will continue this process the way I have started.

August 13th, 2024: Adam Haseley will start a rehab assignment in A+ Jupiter. I feel bad for him, becuase this will likely be a long rehab assignment since both Juan Ramirez and Carlos Soler have been too good to option. I can hold him down until roster expansion if needed.

Baltimore owner Peter Angelos passed away today, and his son Peter Jr. will take over the control of the club. Junior is generous with money, but expects results.

We found ourselves in Arizona, facing the Diamondbacks and Jean-Christophe Hernandez (3-12, 5.98 ERA, 1.60 WHIP). Walker Buehler (4-5, 3.76 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) got the start for us in a game we should win. We didn't score much, but the pitching was so good we needed just 1 run to win the game.

Buehler went 6, allowing 3 hits, 3 walks, and he struck out just 3. Chasen Shreve and Alpha Quivers earned holds while Jorge Moya recorded the save.

Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the 7th for the only run of the game. Juan Ramirez (1-for-3) and Austin Hedges (1-for-4) had the only other hits. Nick Gordon was 0-for-3, but walked and scored the winning run.

August 14th, 2024: Jake Florence (9-7, 3.47 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) took on Steven Gingery (7-9, 4.73 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) as we looked to take the series a day early. Things are looking up, and we took the middle game 5-3.

Florence was amazing, 7 innings with just 6 hits and 2 strikeouts. The best part was no walks, and walks are his favorite thing to allow. Adonis Medina had a rough outing, 3 runs off 3 hits while just getting 1 out. Michael Feliz finished the 8th to get a hold, and Alpha Quivers got the save (I write on notepad, so the "Q" from the font looks really cool when typed in "Quivers")(I've wanted to say that for a long time).

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 2-for-4 with a walk and solo homer. Scott Kingery did him one better, 2-for-4 with a walk and 2-run homer. He also tripled. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a run scored and hit by pitch. Austin Hedges was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, and walk. Florence himself was 1-for-4 with a pair of RBI's.

August 15th, 2024: We looked to finish the sweep with Mike Soroka (6-3, 4.52 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) facing BrocK Helverson (3-7, 5.13 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). We exploded for 12 runs, including 5 in the 9th, to finish the road sweep with a 12-2 victory.

Soroka was great, just 1 run in 7 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Adonis Medina allowed a run off 2 hits and a walk in 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.

Rookie Juan Ramirez was 4-for-5 with 2 doubles, a solo homer, a steal, 3 runs scored, and 5 RBI's. The 21-year-old future superstar is hitting .375 with 2 homers and 7 RBI's in 32 at bats to start his MLB career. Mickey Moniak was 4-for-5 with a double and two run homer. Both guys were triples away from the cycle. Thomas Dillard was 3-for-4 with 3 runs scored, a walk, and double. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-6 with a run scored and steal. Nick Gordon was 1-for-4 with a double, 2 runs scored, an RBI, and a walk. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-5 with a run scored and RBI.

The Mets 1B Dominic Smith was able to get the triple, and hit for the cycle in a 4-3 win over the Phillies.

We've got a nicer 1.5 game lead over the Braves for the 2nd Wild Card, and head to Colorado for three with the 59-58 Rockies. We'd see Juan Coira (5-5, 4.16 ERA), Mashiaro Tanaka (9-6, 3.91 ERA), and Jon Gray (5-6, 4.02 ERA).

August 16th, 2024: Former Marlin and current Mariner 1B Evan White is out for the year with a broken bone in his elbow. He was hitting .282 with 5 homers, 22 RBI's, and 41 runs scored.

The Giants lost 2018 3rd Rounder Carter Raffield for the year. In 25 starts, he's struggled, working a 5.57 ERA with 91 strikeouts in 105 innings. He tore his flexor tendon, puting his 2025 in jeopardy as well.

We opened the Rockies series with Jordan Montgomery (7-7, 3.06 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) taking on Juan Coira (5-5, 4.16 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). It was a low scoring game for Coors Field, and we took the opener 4-3.

Montgomery, left after just 3 batters, and I really hope he's going to be okay. Yasukazu Shiotani had an uncharacteristically poor start, but pitched 2.2 innings of mop up with 5 hits and 3 runs. Chasen Shreve tossed 2.1 more mop up innings with 4 strikeouts. Ben Heller earned the win, Michael Feliz the hold, and Jorge Moya the save. They combined for 3.1 innings with a hit, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts.

Vlad was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-2 with a double and run scored. He was also hit by a pitch. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a double and RBI, but was also caught stealing. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Akil Baddoo of the Twins also got the triple, and for the second staright day, a MLB player hit for the cycle. He was a perfect 4-for-4 in a 12-1 win over the Nationals.

August 17th, 2024: We looked to take another series with A.J. Puckett (6-5, 4.55 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) facing Mashiaro Tanaka (9-6, 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) as we looked to take the series a day early. The red-hot Ramirez enters the game with a 1.181 OPS. We scored 4 in the 9th to take a 7-5 lead, but allowed 4 more in the 9th on a walk off grand slam by Tsuneki Kaza with Jorge Moya pitching.

Puck had a rough start, 5 runs and 7 hits in 3 innings with 2 strikeouts. Moya allowed all 4 runs off 2 hits, a walk, and he only got one out. The rest of the pen combined for 5 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts.

Fear not, we could still take the series tomorrow to start the roadtrip 5-1.

August 18th, 2024: Again, we can exhale with a Montgomery injury, as it's just a stiff back that will cost him his next start. We have a 4 game series with the Giants next, and I'd probably give the start to either Shoehi Ohtani or Adonis Medina.

We looked to win the series with Walker Buehler (5-5, 3.45 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) battling German Marquez (11-10, 4.19 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). Ryan McMahon hit's him well, 5-for-14 with a homer, although he's fatigued for this match. We scored 8 in the 7th in a 12-7 series win.

Buehler allowed just 2 (1 earned) in 6 innings with 6 hits, a walk, and 7 strikeouts. Adonis Medina allowed 3 runs without getting an out, so he's out for starting. Alpha Quivers allowed 2 runs in an inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Brendan Rodgers was a monster in his old home, 3-for-4 with a walk, solo homer, and two run homer. Nick Gordon was 3-for-4 with a double, 2 runs scored, walk, and 3 RBI's. Shoehi Ohtani was 3-for-5 with 2 runs, an RBI, and a double. Juan Ramirez was 3-for-5 with 3 runs scored and his 8th double in just 11 games. Havin 100 gap power tends to do that. Seth Beer was 1-for-5, but that hit was a nice 3 run homer. Austin Hedges was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's.

We're off to San Francisco for four with the last place Giants before a much needed day off. At 67-53, we're just 5 out of first, 3 out of the 1st Wild Card, and have a 2.5 game cushion over the Braves.

Looking at the four game set, we'd see Ryan Olson (1-4, 4.50 ERA), J.D. Busfield (2-9, 4.92 ERA), Zack Littell (4-10, 4.41 ERA), and Chris Paddock (3-3, 4.03 ERA).

Old 06-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #237
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
August 19th-August 25th

August 19th, 2024: I moved Adam Haseley from A+ Jupiter to AA Jacksonville as he continues rehab.

Rookie sensation Juan Ramirez was named Player of the Week in his first full week in the big leagues. He hit 12-for-22 with 2 homers, 7 RBI's, and 8 runs scored. He's the reason Haseley isn't going to be recalled yet.

We're up to 6th now in the Power Rankings, ahead of the Mets (7) by .5 and the Nats (10).

We opened the series at AT&T Park with Jake Florence (10-7, 3.28 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) taking on Ryan Olson (1-4, 4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). We gave up 4 in the 8th and 1 more in the 9th, but still managed to hold off the pesky Giants 9-6.

Florence left with hamstring soreness after 3.2 innings, allowing just 1 hit and 1 run, but he walked 7 with 3 strikeouts. He shouldn't miss his next start, but I'll make sure he's fully healed. The off day really helps. Adonis Medina allowed 2 hits in 2.2 innings with 2 strikeouts. Chasen Shreven allwoed 2 runs in an inning with a hit, walk, but with 2 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers got just 1 out, but allowed 2 hits and 2 runs with a strikeout. Jorge Moya ended up getting the save, after Ernesto Estrella allowed a run and got just one out in the 9th (he got the final out of the 8th as well).

Shoehi Ohtani was 3-for-5, just a triple away from the cycle, with 3 runs scored and driven in. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-5 with a homer, double, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a RBI, hit by pitch, walk, and double. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a run scored, RBI, and walk to go with a double.

Well, I can delay the Haseley situation as he now has a herniated disc in his neck, and will miss another 2 weeks. He's headed back to the DL.

August 20th, 2024: I claimed former Marlin SP Luis Ardon off waivers just so he could make 1 start for Montgomery when his turn in the rotation comes up. He's got three options, so I can option him to AAA after. I traded him to the Cubs with Blake Tiberi in exchange for Michael Feliz on the deadline, so he was away for less then a month.

Mike Soroka (7-3, 4.24 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) took on J.D. Busfield (2-9, 4.92 ERA, 1.56 WHIP) in the second of four. I gave the tired Nick Gordon a day off, but had to really shuffle the lineup as he was one of three tired players. We dopped this one 4-3 when Rougned Odor hit a pinch hit solo homer.

Soroka allowed 3 runs in 6 innings with 8 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Feliz allowed the game winner, with 2 outs in the 9th. He also got a strikeout.

Soroka, the pitcher, was 1-for-1 with a sac bunt and triple. Yes, a triple! Juan Ramirez went 2-for-4 to lower his average to .420. Yes, lower! Carlos Soler was 1-for-4 with an RBI triple. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a double and run scored.

Steven Gingery tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 5-0 Arizona win over the Brewres. The former 32nd Rounder signed an above-slot $1.18 million bonus with Arizona way back in 2018.

August 21st, 2024: I DFA'd Adonis Medina just for the day to make room for Ardon on the active roster. Ardon (0-1, 4.63 ERA, 1.54 WHIP) took on Zack Littell (4-10, 4.41 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) in the middle game. No matter the outcome, Ardon will be optioend to AAA after the game. He was brilliant, and we edged the Giants 3-2 to take the 2-1 series lead.

Ardon tossed 7 innings with 4 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Yasukazu Shiotani and Ben Heller got holds, and Jorge Moya earned a save, despite allowing a run off a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-3 with a solo homer. Ardon himself was 1-for-3 with an RBI double. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with an RBI and a pair of doubles. Austin Hedges was 1-for-4 with a run scored and a double. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 1-for-4 with a steal.

Medina returned to the active roster, with Ardon headed to AAA.

August 22nd, 2024: Well, Montgomery's return is now uncertain, so he might have to head to the DL after all. I wouldn't make a move until I needed to.

We looked to win the series with A.J. Puckett (6-5, 4.91 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) taking on Chris Paddack (3-3, 4.03 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) before a needed off day. If pitching is your thing, you would've loved out 1-0 victory.

Puck went 6.1 innings, allowing 3 hits, a walk, and he struck out 4. Chasen Shreve got the win, 1.2 innings with a hit and 2 strikeouts. Moya earned the save.

Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a steal. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-5, but hit a solo homer for the only run of the game. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a triple.

August 23rd, 2024: Today was an off day to recover, as we head homer for two quick home games.

Former Marlin and current Brewer Adam Warren is out for the year with a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. He was 3-3 with a 3.70 ERA with 45 strikeouts in 56 innings.

The Red Sox will also be with out SP Aaron Perry for the year with a damaged elbow ligament. The 25-year-old was 3-5 in 16 starts with a 4.67 ERA.

We're hosting Atlanta, who we have a 2 game lead over for the 2nd Wild Card spot. We're scheduled to face Kris Bubic (3-0, 2.37 ERA) and Tyler Glasnow (8-6, 4.02 ERA) before another day off.

August 24th, 2024: Adam Haseley suffered a setback, and will now be ready in a week. Luckily, not a major setback for the 28-year-old.

Walker Buehler (6-5, 3.30 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) opened the two game set against Kris Bubic (3-0, 2.37 ERA, 0.99 WHIP). Freddie Freeman loves hitting Buehler, 9-for-25 in his career. The Braves bested us in the opener, winning 4-2.

Buehler allowed 3 in 4.1 innings with 5 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Shoehi Ohtani tossed 2.2 innings out of the pen, striking out 4 with a single hit, run, and walk. Alpha Quivers tossed 2 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts.

Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-3 with a walk and double. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a walk and a double. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

August 25th, 2024: Now 5 games behind both New York and Washington, with just a 1 game lead over the Braves, we needed to bounce back and earn a win here to split the quick series. Jake Florence (10-7, 3.25 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) took on Tyler Glasnow (8-6, 4.02 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) as we looked for the win. Florence is 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA this year against the Braves. It was an all around great effort, and we took the finale 8-1.

Florence allowed the run in 6 innings of work, with 5 hits, 0 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Chasen Shreve earned a hold while striking out the side, before we broke away.

Thomas Dillard was 3-for-4 with a double, homer, and 2 RBI's. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-4 with a walk, steal, 2 runs scored, and 2 RBI's. Deshawn Hardamon was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and 2 doubles. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI's, and a run scored. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

Former Marlin and current Twins 1B Keston Hiura extended his hit streak to 20 games in a 5-4 win over the Royals.

We've got another day off before we begin another long stretch of games, although the rosters will eventually expand, as we approach September.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:51 PM   #238
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
August 26th-September 2nd

August 26th, 2024: Down in Jupiter, SS Jon Meola won Player of the Week. The former 2018 3rd Rounder was 10-for-24 with 4 RBI's and 6 runs scored.

Former Marlin and current Royal Nick Neidert is out for the year and possibly next year with a torn rotator cuff. The 27-year-old has appeared in 40 games (11 starts) with a 4.97 ERA and 10-4 record.

We remain 6th in the Power Rankings, but the Mets are all the way up to 2nd.

Keston Hiura's hit streak was snapped at 20 in a 3-1 win over the Royals.

Tomorrow the White Sox came to town. The last place Sox are 59-68, and would send former Marlin Jace Vines (5-10, 5.06 ERA), Jackson Gillis (1-2, 3.76 ERA), and Brad Bass to the mound.

August 27th, 2024: The Angels will be without Lance McCullers Jr. for the rest of the year with a torn rotator cuff. After an awful start with Houston, he's 4-5 with a 3.94 ERA in an Angels unifrom.

We opened the series with Mike Soroka (7-3, 4.26 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) facing former Marlin Jace Vines (5-10, 5.06 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). Vines has dropped all the way down to a 2* and hasn't looked the same since leaving Kansas City. We scored quick and won the opener 6-2.

Soroka tossed 7 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers earned a hold before we scored a final run in the 8th. Jorge Moya still pitched the 9th.

The red hot Thomas Dillard went 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer off his former battery mate Vines, and scored 2 twice. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-3 with a walk and 2 run homer. Seth Beer was 2-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles and a run scored.

I also decided to place Jordan Montgomery on the DL, since it'll be 10 days tomorrow since the injury. He's retroactive to August 18th.

August 28th, 2024: The Astros gave Alex Bregman a questionable 7-year, $169,400,000 extension. My scout and OSA both have the 30-year-old as just a 3*. He's hitting .322/.378/.537 with 20 homers and 67 RBI's this year, in the best season of his career. In his career, his triple slash is .281/.346/.464 and he is credited with 150 homers and 578 RBI's.

I recalled LHP Garrett McDaniels (0-3, 4.10 ERA, 1.42 WHIP from AAA. He'd be today's starter against Jackson Gillis (1-2, 3.76 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) who is severely overperforming this year. He pitched well, however, but we ended up winning on a walkoff Seth Beer 2-run homer in a 5-3 comeback win after being down 3-0.

McDaniels allowed all three in 5 innings with 8 hits and 3 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 4 innings with 2 hits, 5 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Moya earned the win, now 4-4 on the year.

Beer was 3-for-5 with the game winning homer and an RBI double. Scott Kingery was 1-for-2 with a steal, 2 runs scored, and 2 walks. Thomas Dillard was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and a walk.

August 29th, 2024: Just like that, Montgomery is healthy, and I optioned McDaniels back to AAA.

The Rangers will be without SP Luke Weaver for a calender year with a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament. The 31-year-old was 9-7 with a 4.47 ERA in 147 innings with 95 strikeouts and 33 walks.

We looked to finish the sweep with Walker Buehler (6-6, 3.46 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) taking on Octavio Lara (2-1, 4.58 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) who should not be a big league pitcher. We scored 5 in the 6th to earn the 8-4 win to complete the sweep.

Buehler went just 4 innings, allowing 3 runs, 6 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Adonis Medina got the win, 2 innings with 2 hits, a run, and a strikeout.

Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, steal, and 2 RBI's. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a walk, steal, and 2 runs scored. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 1-for-4 wtih a run scored, RBI, walk, and double. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double and RBI. Deshawn Hardamon had a pinch hit RBI doule and later scored in the 6th.

The struggling Tyler Mahle tossed a 5-hit shutout in a 5-0 win over the Rangers. The Royals righty is 6-8 with a 5.28 ERA, a farcry from his brilliant season with us in 2022 before his injury.

The Giants Heliot Ramos was a perfect 5-for-5 in a 10-2 win over the Reds.

It doesn't get much better then this, as we're just 2.5 games behind the Mets for first, who come to town for four. We'd see Michael Wacha (7-8, 3.93 ERA), Luis Marrero (11-2, 2.81 ERA), Chris Sale (9-4, 3.79 ERA), and Noah Syndergaard (14-2, 3.29 ERA).

August 30th, 2024: Adam Haseley will return to AA for a quick 2-day rehab assignment.

We opened the series up with Jordan Montgomery (7-7, 3.04 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) taking on Michael Wacha (7-8, 3.93 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) as we looked to stay hot. We started the series like we ended the last one with a win, this time a 5-2 dub.

Montgomery had a limited pitch count on his return, just 4.2 innings with 6 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Medina finished the inning to earn the win. Yasukazu Shoitani, Chasen Shreve, Ernesto Estrella, Michael Feliz, and Jorge Moya earned holds before Alpha Quivers got the final out of the game to earn the save.

Juan Ramriez was 2-for-4 with a solo homer, double, and 2 total runs scored. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Mickey Moniak was 4-for-5. Vlad Jr. was 3-for-5 with an RBI. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-3 with a walk, double, and run scored.

August 31st, 2024: We're just 1 game behind the Nationals and 1.5 behind the Mets as Jake Florence (11-7, 3.18 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) takes on Luis Marrero (11-2, 2.81 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) who is due for a bad start. The Mets got 5 in the 5th and it lead them to the 6-5 win.

Florence allowed 4 in 4.1 innings with 7 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Medina allowed 2 runs off 2 hits and a walk while getting just 1 out. The rest of the pen combined for 4.1 innings with no hits, 1 walk, and 6 strikeouts.

Vlad Jr. was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Deshawn Hardamon had a pinch hit 2-run homer in the 6th. Scott Kingery was 2-for-2 off the bench with a steal. Shoehi Ohtani was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI.

September 1st, 2024: Rosters expand, so I brought up LF Adam Haseley and purchased the contract of the "Amarillo Flash" Max Marusak.

The 2018 2nd Rounder Marusak earned the promotion due to his blinding speed and the ability to play 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, and RF. With work he'll get better at the infield spots, but he's elite in all three outfield spots.

Most of my minor league seasons end on the 9th, an off day for the big league club, so I'll have a lot of callups ready for the series that starts in Clevleand on the 10th.

AAA CL Ben Popkin was named Pitcher of the Month, recording 11 saves and 16 strikeouts in 15.1 innings of work with a 1.776 ERA. The 25-year-old had a rough stretch in Miami this year, but has pitched really well down in New Orleans.

We looked to take the series back with Mike Soroka (8-3, 4.13 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) facing Chris Sale (9-4, 3.79 ERA, 1.12 WHIP). Sale is 3-0 with a 2.13 ERA this year against us. Mets star 2B Gregorio Alvarenga is a career 15-for-33 against Soroka, while Seth Beer is a career 8-for-19 off Sale. These guys could make a difference in the outcome of the match. The Mets got 6 in the 4th and took this one 10-7.

Soroka had a rough outing, 10 hits and 9 runs in 3.2 innings with 3 walks and a strikeout. Ohtani went 1.2 innings with 2 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 3.2 innings with 3 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-5 with a homer, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Vlad Jr. was 2-for-5 with a grand slam. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a run scored and a walk. Adam Haseley was 1-for-5 in his return to the lineup.

Setpember 2nd, 2024: We're up to 4th in the Power Rankings, with Atlanta at 3 and New York in 2nd.

We looked to earn the split with an unfavorable pitching matchup. A.J. Puckett (6-5, 4.58 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) had to do battle with the Mets star Noah Syndergaard (14-2, 3.29 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). Puck has trouble with the Mets lineup, Syndergaard domiantes ours, although this is the first time we've seen him all year. Puck was great, and we took the finale 4-1.

He went 5.2 innings, allowed just 1 run, 6 hits, 2 walks, and struck out 2. Shiotani and Quivers earned holds, with Moya earning the save.

Carlos Soler was 1-for-3 with a solo shot. Nick Gordon was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 and scored twice. Vladdy was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

We're off to Philadelphia for three with the last place Phillies as we end our homestand. We'll see Matthew Beck, Daniel Camarena (3-5, 5.21 ERA), and Steve Fettig (1-8, 3.83 ERA).
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 06-15-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #239
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
September 3rd-September 9th

Septmeber 3rd, 2024: Matthew Beck will make his first career start for the Phillies against Walker Buehler (6-6, 3.61 ERA, 1.27 WHIP). Beck, the former 11th Round pick in 2019 by the Braves tossed 14 innings out of the pen last year for the Phils in his first season. Batting leadoff for the Phillies, former #3 Overall Pick Tyler Callihan. My former selection is 1-for-8 with a walk to start his big league career. This might be Beck's last start, as he hit him for 5 in the first and finished the game with a 9-3 win.

Buehler didn't have the best start, 4.2 innings with 7 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), 3 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Shoehi Ohtani got the win, 1.1 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout. Ernesto Estrella struck out the side in the 7th and got a hold.

Mickey Moniak was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a walk, and a triple. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a double, walk, run scored, and RBI. Adam Haseley was 2-for-5 with a run scored and 2 RBI's. Brendna Rodgers was 1-for-2 with a run scored, 2 RBI's, a walk, and he was hit twice.

September 4th, 2024: The Astros will be wihtout CL Ken Giles for the year with a ulnar nerve entrapment. He was 2-8 with 26 saves and an uninspiring 4.79 ERA for a 5* pitcher.

We looked to take game two with Jordan Montgomery (7-7, 3.07 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) taking on Daniel Camarena (3-5, 5.21 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) who's pitched well agaisnst us this year. We scored 3 in the first and rode that to a 6-3 win.

Monty went 5.2 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Heller and Yasukazu Shiotnai earned holds before Jorge Moya finished the 9th for his 39th save. Heller has pitched 13 scorless innings since coming over from Oakland.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with 2 total runs scored and a 2 run homer. Vlad Jr. was 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and two runs scored. Scott Kingery was 1-for-3 with a double, hit by pitch, run scored, and run driven in. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer.

The Pirates Austin Meadows currently owns a 20 game hit streak, that will likely be broken in his next game.

Now with the Rangers, Jose Altuve recorded his 2,500th hit. He has a career. 309/.360/.461 batting line with 216 homers and 931 RBI's in 1,983 career games.

September 5th, 2024: Our win yesterday knocked the Phillies out of the playoffs. The 49-86 Phillies haven't made the playoffs since 2020.

We looked to finish the sweep with Jake Florence (11-8, 3.33 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) battlilng Steve Fettig (1-8, 3.83 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). We allowed too many early runs and our late game comeback fell short in a 10-9 loss.

Florence was roughed up, 7 runs in 1.2 innings with 6 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Adonis Medina tossed an inning with 2 hits, a run, and 2 walks, but will head to the DL with a rotator cuff strain. Michael Feliz had to toss 3.1 innings of mop up,allowing a hit, run, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Jorge Moya allowed an unearned run in the 9th, and was charged with the loss, walking D.J. Wilson with the bases loaded to end the game.

Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, double, and two steals against his former team. Seth Beer was 1-for-5 with a 2 run homer. Austin Hedges was 2-for-5 with a homer, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Nick Gordon was 3-for-4 with 3 runs scored, a double, and a walk. Scott Kingery was 2-for-3 with a run scored, 2 RBI's, 2 doubles, and a walk. Thomas Dillard pinch hit for him and hit a 2-run double.

I recalled Ben Popkin from AAA to replace Medina on the active roster.

Just 1 game out of first and half a game out of the 1st Wild Card, we're off to Atlanta for three. We'd see Lucas Sims (7-5, 3.48 ERA), Ty Madden (9-8, 4.49 ERA), and Chris Helmick (6-2, 2.50 ERA).

September 6th, 2024: We start our three game series in Atlanta with Mike Soroka (8-4, 4.81 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) taking on Lucas Sims (7-5, 3.48 ERA, 1.06 WHIP). We were crushed in a 12-4 loss.

Soroka allowed 5 of the run in 4 innings off 7 hits and a strikeout, to push his ERA to 5.06 in a dissapointing first season with us. Ben Heller allowed his first run with us, allowing 2 hits, with a walk and a strikeout. Chasen Shreve allowed 2 with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Alhpa Quivers also got just 1 out, and allowed 4 runs off 3 hits.

Carlos Soler was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a triple, run scored, RBI, and walk. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 2-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

September 7th, 2024: A.J. Puckett (7-5, 4.41 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) took on Ty Madden (9-8, 4.49 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) in the middle game. We evened the series with a 6-3 win.

Puck allowed 2 unearned runs in 6.2 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Ben Heller also allowed a run and didn't get an out. Alpha Quivers and Ernesto Estrella earned holds and Jorge Moya got a save.

Mickey moniak was 3-for-4 with a walk, 2 runs scored, an RBI, and ahomer. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double, homer, run scored, 2 RBI's, and a walk. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-5 with a double. Brndan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a solo homer.

The Padres 1B Matt Olson hit his 300th homer in a 4-2 loss to the Giants. The defending champs are 4 games out of first place in their division, and 6 behind us and the Nationals for the Wild Card.

September 8th, 2024: We looked to take the series with Walker Buehler (6-6, 3.62 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) taking on Chris Helmick (6-2, 2.50 ERA, 1.13 WHIP). We had three tired players (Moniak, Dillard, Gordon) in the lineup, but with a day off tomorrow, I let them play, although I'm not sure why the bench wasn't used. We were shutout 7-0, so I doubt it really mattered.

Buehler went just 2 innings, allowing 4 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Yasukazu ****nai tossed 1.1 innings with a solo homer and a walk. Chsen Shreve pitched an inning and allowed 2 solo homers and struck out 2.

We had just 2 hits, a Seth Beer double and Brendan Rodgers single. Both guys were 1-for-3. Carlos Soler was 0-for-2 with a walk.

We needed the off day tomorrow...

Down in New Orleans, Cole Roederer was 5-for-7 in an 8-6 loss to the Iowa Cubs. He'll be in line to recieve a callup.

Twins rookie 3B Sincere Lahens extended his hit streak to 20 games.

September 9th, 2024: I recalled C Nick Feight and LF Cole Roederer from AAA. I sent LF Lazaro Aremnteros on rehab to AAA. Most other moves will occur tomorrow.

Reds SP Alan Taylor will be out for the year with a torn flexor tendon, and could also miss part of next year. He was 9-5 with a 3.88 ERA to start the year.

We're down to 8th in the Power Rankings.

I used the off day to go back and help fix up the unsigned players from the 2023 draft that will be eligible for the 2026 draft. I was unable to check the transaction sfrom 2022, but I could go to the 2023 list.

We're off to Cleveland for three. Just a game behind the Nats and half a game behind New York, we'll face Mike Shawaryn (9-8, 4.68 ERA), Cole Wilcox (9-11, 5.19 ERA), and Kyle Molnar (6-8, 5.12 ERA).

Old 06-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #240
ayaghmour2
Major Leagues

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
September 10th-September 16th

September 10th, 2024: New Orleans and Jacksonville made the playoffs, while Jupiter and Greensboro did not. I'd make a few callups by shuffling the rosters a little.

I called up RHP Patrick Raby, LHP Garrett McDaniels, and RHP Luis Ardon. I also purcchased the contract of SS Devonte Brown.

Brown, 24, is rated a 1.5/3.5 and has an elite arm, plus-plus range, and can play second, third, and short at high levels. He's got solid speed and a decent bat, although won't hit too many home runs. The former 3rd Round pick by Kansas City in 2021 joined the team in the preseason in the Nick Neidert deal.

I also added former 1st Rounder Josh Weske to the 40-man roster. The 40 sits at 39/40 with 33/40 on the active roster. Adonis Medina is on the 10-Day DL, three pitchers are on the 60-Day DL, Jaheim Meggett and Slade Ceccioni are on the PCL DL, although both could be moved to the 60 if needed. Weske, Kenyon Yovan, and Lazaro Arementeros (rehab) are still in AAA.

We opened the series in Cleveland with Jordan Montgomery (8-7, 3.14 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) taking on Mike Shawaryn (9-8, 4.68 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). We scored 6 in the 3rd and took the opener 9-2 to improve our record to 80-60.

Monty went 7.2 innings with 5 hits, 2 runs, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Popkin tossed 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Juan Ramirez was 3-for-4 with a run scored and a pair of doubles. Shoehi OHtani was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Seth Beer was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer and a sac fly. Mickey Moniak was 2-for-4 with a walk, doubke, and 2 runs scored. Adam Haseley was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI.

Luis Marrero tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Mets beat the Braves 7-0. Parker Meadows of the Royals has a 20 game hit streak and Sincere Lahens of the Twinshad his 21 game hit streak snapped.

September 11th, 2024: Brendan Rodgers asked for an extension, but he's demanding 9-years worth a total of $223,000,000 which is way too much for me.

We looked to take game two as well with Jake Florence (11-8, 3.74 ERA, 1.39 WHIP) facing Cole Wilcox (9-11, 5.19 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). We got just 3 this time in the 3rd, but won 7-2 to take the series a day early.

Florence was great, 7 innings with 3 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Garrett McDaniels tossed 2 solid innings out of the pen with a walk and hit.

Vlad Jr. was 3-for-4 with a three run homer, walk, and 4 total RBI's. Mickey Moniak was 3-for-4 with a walk, 3 runs scored, a steal, and was also caught stealing. Austin Hedges was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's. Cole Roederer was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Adam Haseley was 1-for-4 with a triple and run scored.

September 12th, 2024: Zach Davies will miss the rest of the year with a shoulder impingement, but should be back for spring training. The 31-year-old is in his 3rd season with the Reds, and was 8-12 with a 4.09 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in 28 starts. He was on pace for 30 or more starts for his 8th straight season.

We looked to finish the sweep with Mike Soroka (8-5, 5.06 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) taking on Kyle Molnar (6-8, 5.12 ERA, 1.39 WHIP). We couldn't finish off the sweep, and the Indians bested us 5-2.

Soroka pitched well, 5 shutout innings with 4 hits, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Ben Heller allowed a hit that later scored, but left after 1 pitch with a sore elbow. He'll head to the DL for about 2 weeks. Michael Feliz allowed 2 runs off 2 walks and a hit, but struck out the side in the 6th. Alpha Quivers and Chasen Shreve both allowed unearned runs. Quivers went an inning with 3 strikeouts and a walk (didn't strike out the side, part of two innings). Shreve got the final 2 outs of the 9th, allowing 2 hits, a walk, and he got a strikeout.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a double. Cole Roederer was 1-for-4 with a run scored and a double. Seth Beer was 1-for-2 with a walk and sac-fly. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-4 with a run, RBI, and walk.

We return home to host the Phillies for four games. We'd see JoJo Romero (5-9, 4.90 ERA), Corey Walter (1-0, 0.57 ERA), Daniel Camarena (3-7, 5.37 ERA), and Sixto Sanchez (6-12, 4.51 ERA).

September 13th, 2024: I recalled Arementeros from his rehab assignment.

The reigning AL Champion Athletics have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 58-85, they don't have a chance to catch the 81-62 Mariners.

We opened the series with Walker Buehler (6-7, 3.93 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) facing JoJo Romero (5-9, 4.90 ERA, 1.39 WHIP). Buehler has struggled recently, and could really use this start to bounce back. It was rough, as he allowed 5 in the first and we dropped the opener 8-5.

Buehler had a rough outing, 6 runs on 6 hits in 1.2 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Popkin allowed a run in 1.2 innings with 3 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout. Patrick Raby tossed 3 shutout innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout. Jorge Moya allowed a run off a hit and strikeout in the 9th.

Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a homer, run scored, and 4 RBI's. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored, a walk, steal, and hit by pitch. Scott Kingery was 2-for-3 with a hit by pitch. Vlad Jr. was officially 0-for-1, but walked three times, was hit, and scored.

September 14th, 2024: I recalled RHP Kenyon Yovan from AAA.

A.J. Puckett (8-5, 4.13 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) looked to stop the small skid against Corey Walter (1-0, 0.57 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). Lazarito was back in the lineup and hit leadoff. We had another rough game against the awful Phillies, and fell 8-2.

Puck went 4.1 innings with 7 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Alpha Quivers allowed a run in 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout. Michael Feliz allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a hit and a walk. Yovan allowed 3 runs in 1.1 innings with 5 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Vlad Jr. was 3-for-4 with a walk and run scored. Seth Beer was 1-for-2 with a double, RBI, sac-fly and 2 walks. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-2 with a walk, RBI, and a hit by ptich.

Parker Meadows hit streak was ended at 22 in a 7-4 loss to the White Sox.

We're still 1 game out of first, so we've had the opportunities to take first place back, but haven't capitalized.

September 15th, 2024: The Yankees have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 60-83, they are 23 games behind the Rays. They haven't made the playoffs since 2020.

Jordan Montgomery (9-7, 3.10 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) took on Daniel Camarena (3-7, 5.57 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) in a must win game. Devonte Brown is making his first career start, hitting 8th and playing SS. He was an impressive 3-for-4 with a run scored and double in a 6-2 win.

Montgomery went 6, allowing 3 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and striking out 8. Alpha Quivers, Yasukazu SHiotani, Chasen Shreve, and Garrett McDaniels earned holds, but we scored 2 in the 8th to make the save not needed.

Nick Feight was 3-for-5 with a 2 run homer. Cole Roederer was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Seth Beer was 1-for-2 with a triple, 2 runs scored, and RBI, and 3 walks. Lazaro Armenteros was 1-for-4 and 1-for-2 on stolen base attempts.

September 16th, 2024: The Phillies will be without 1B Xavier Carter for the rest of this year and part of next year with a broken bone in his elbow. The rookie was a former 8th Round Pick in 2019, and hit .294/.345/.667 in 13 games this year with 6 homers and 16 RBI's.

We dropped to 9th in the Power Rankings, behind the Mets, and 4 places ahead of the Nationals.

The 63-83 White Sox were eliminated from postseason contention today. They haven't made the playoffs since 2021.

We looked to record the split with Jake Florence (12-8, 3.68 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) taking on Sixto Sanchez (6-12, 4.51 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We scored 3 in the 6th to give ourselves a 6-3 lead we'd take to the end.

Florence went just 4 innings, alloweing 4 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Shoehi Ohtani got the win, 2 innings with 1 walk and he struck out the side in both innings. Shiotani, Estrella, Quivers, and Shreve earned holds, and Jorge Moya got the save.

Ohtani hit for himself when he was pitching out of the pen, and hit a solo homer. Deshawn Hardamon was 1-for-2 with a sac fly and solo homer. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and 3 RBI's. Juan Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a steal, run scored, and hit by pitch. Mickey Moniak was 1-for-3 with a double and walk.

Tyler Glasnow tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 6-0 Braves win over the Nationals.

Those Nationals come to Miami for three, while a game out of first, which is a tie between us and the Mets. We'll see Jay Groome (7-7, 4.14 ERA), Erling Moreno (5-5, 3.97 ERA), and Sonny Warner (15-6, 3.98 ERA) as we look to seperate from the rest of the pack.