Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #221
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,440
Thanks: 9,154
Thanked 3,077x in 2,458 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
And we will keep it turned off.
You don't like evolution at all do you? For 2 years or so you were dead set against fictional leagues and only played MLB modern or historic.3D is just going to make the game better. it might be teh DH for now but it will make teh game better. I have said it for years that this game will not ever be beaten if it had graphics that rival MLB the Show with all the other options OOTP has and the AI performing the way it does. OOTP could be the game that make people give up their PS4's & Xbox lives and come back to PC where you have more customization and options.
What did you do when the mound was lowered, when the DH was implemented, when Big Mac hit 70? like baseball OOTP is evolving, did they get historic right the 1st time?
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #222
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer
 
The Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All alone
Posts: 12,612
Thanks: 1,790
Thanked 5,052x in 2,606 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You don't like evolution at all do you?
1. I want the MLB to expand to 32 teams.

2. I want the MLB to expand team rosters to 30 players.

3. I want the MLB to expand the 40 man roster to a 60 man roster.

4. I want the MLB to get a real, non-owner commissioner.

Want to try again with a different wild theory?
__________________
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:21 AM   #223
dmytron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The Wolf, we already know you can bite like a wolf does, you don't have to show your sharp teeth every time somebody says something provoking to you.
 
Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #224
Andreas Raht
Administrator
 
Andreas Raht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hollern/Stade/Germany
Posts: 8,836
Thanks: 857
Thanked 4,832x in 1,562 posts
...and often it's not even meant to be provoking... "Wolf", you can accept our business decision or not. But we made it and we had our good reasons. You already mentioned several times that you don't agree with our decision and we heard you very well. Now please stop repeating yourself or I will ban you for trolling. Thank you.
Andreas Raht is offline  
8 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (07-07-2014), asheft (07-07-2014), byzeil (07-07-2014), DCG12 (07-07-2014), ecd1973 (07-07-2014), gilbertolander66 (07-07-2014), hluraven (07-07-2014), Questdog (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #225
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,035
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,471
Thanked 3,776x in 2,142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
...and often it's not even meant to be provoking... "Wolf", you can accept our business decision or not. But we made it and we had our good reasons. You already mentioned several times that you don't agree with our decision and we heard you very well. Now please stop repeating yourself or I will ban you for trolling. Thank you.
Nah. Please don't do that. Somebody who has been thanked nearly 3,000 times here should not be banned. Wolf is a windbag, like me, but he has made many contributions to the evolution of this game. You should be thanking him for his passionate interest in OOTPB (while overlooking his repetitiveness, a fault to be sure). Be secure enough in your own business judgment not to be irritated or diverted by what you read here in the forums that runs counter to where you and Markus are going with it.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline  
8 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (07-08-2014), Dreifort (07-08-2014), Honorable_Pawn (07-07-2014), Ike348 (07-07-2014), pjh5165 (07-08-2014), rpriske (07-07-2014), The Wolf (07-07-2014), Thundercrack (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #226
rpriske
Hall Of Famer
 
rpriske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 16,276
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 893
Thanked 1,099x in 624 posts
I am sorry Andreas, but that is bull.

Yes he repeats himself on this issue but if you claim that continuing to argue a point is trolling, then you should start shooting down everybody that argues the other side too.

You are right that it is the company's decision but telling people they arent allowed to argue against it is crap. If you are happy with your decision, you shouldn't be worried about people disagreeing with it.

For the record, I generally find Wolf to be very disagreeable. In fact, the only reason I know what he is saying on this thread is because people are responding to him. I have had him blocked for quite some time.

But, I can tell you for sure why he has so many posts in this thread... beacuse people feel the need to argue with him... often in an incredibly arrogant and offensive manner.

THOSE are the people that should be told to drop it, not the person who is just stating that he thinks the game designers are making an error in judgement.
__________________
Rusty Priske
Poet, Canadian, Baseball Fan

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline  
4 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (07-08-2014), Bowtie (07-07-2014), Honorable_Pawn (07-07-2014), The Wolf (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #227
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer
 
bwburke94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belchertown, MA, USA
Posts: 3,895
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,450x in 922 posts
It's perfectly valid to not like a feature and prefer to have it turned off, but the feature should be available for those who want to use it. An obvious comparison from last year is league evolution, which I preferred to TURN! OFF! not because I hated the idea, but because the idea as implemented in OOTP14 was glitchy in the ML quickstart.

It's perfectly fine to play with 3D ball flight on or off, just like it's perfectly fine to play with league evolution on or off. While Wolf and I, respectively, prefer those options off because it detracts from the OOTP experience in our eyes, other people might think ball flight improves the game, and it should be kept in for those reasons. OOTP isn't just for the people on the forum, it's for everyone, and it should be designed for everyone.
__________________
Normal sig coming back when I have the time to update it.
bwburke94 is offline  
4 thanks for this post:
Andreas Raht (07-07-2014), Bigrod (07-07-2014), byzeil (07-07-2014), The Wolf (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #228
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer
 
chucksabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In the canyons of your mind
Posts: 2,923
Thanks: 640
Thanked 1,086x in 599 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I am sorry Andreas, but that is bull.

Yes he repeats himself on this issue but if you claim that continuing to argue a point is trolling, then you should start shooting down everybody that argues the other side too.

You are right that it is the company's decision but telling people they arent allowed to argue against it is crap. If you are happy with your decision, you shouldn't be worried about people disagreeing with it.

For the record, I generally find Wolf to be very disagreeable. In fact, the only reason I know what he is saying on this thread is because people are responding to him. I have had him blocked for quite some time.

But, I can tell you for sure why he has so many posts in this thread... beacuse people feel the need to argue with him... often in an incredibly arrogant and offensive manner.

THOSE are the people that should be told to drop it, not the person who is just stating that he thinks the game designers are making an error in judgement.
In Andreas' defense, there is a line that can be crossed if a person argues the same point over and over against a question that's been asked and definitively answered. Continuing to argue even beyond that point can veer into the realm of disrespect. At some point a definitively answered issue must be dropped because the decision has been made and won't be changed.

I'm not arguing whether Wolf is at that point. That's between Wolf and Andreas. I'm merely making a philosophical argument to counter your philosophical claim.
chucksabr is offline  
5 thanks for this post:
Andreas Raht (07-07-2014), ashantewarrier (07-07-2014), asheft (07-07-2014), byzeil (07-07-2014), Sweed (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #229
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,077
Thanks: 5,546
Thanked 39,662x in 6,143 posts
This thread has run its course. Closed
Markus Heinsohn is offline  
7 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (07-07-2014), asheft (07-07-2014), Cryomaniac (07-07-2014), curt (07-07-2014), gilbertolander66 (07-07-2014), rpriske (07-07-2014), themonk (07-08-2014)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments