Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #41
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Ah I see you have fallen into the same trap I always do. Just a thought: not every team has to have a shared sound with the city. Right now, every single one of your teams does, when in real life there are plenty of teams that don't. (St. Louis cardinals, New York mets, etc.)
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Garethw87 (08-30-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #42
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Ah I see you have fallen into the same trap I always do. Just a thought: not every team has to have a shared sound with the city. Right now, every single one of your teams does, when in real life there are plenty of teams that don't. (St. Louis cardinals, New York mets, etc.)
I know! I always revert back to that. I might browse the mods forum for sweet logos/unis/caps and use them.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #43
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I know! I always revert back to that. I might browse the mods forum for sweet logos/unis/caps and use them.
Like I suggested, find some posts by justafan and txranger over there. I think their signatures have links to their photobucket pages, which are chock full of superior logos and unis.
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #44
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I picked better names and such.

Now I have to determine the settings I want to use for my league (rotation size, roster size, financials, modifiers, etc)
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #45
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Suggestion: when you get around to creating your game, export the template before starting your game.

That way, if you suddenly realized you screwed something up, you can easily start over again without having to re-type everything!
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #46
Afino
Hall Of Famer
 
Afino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,828
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 702x in 426 posts
Man, it's so fun creating this, isn't it?


I wish I did a map with mine. That was the one thing I didn't do, I just created cities and nations.
__________________
GUBA: Moscow Enforcers

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #47
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Suggestion: when you get around to creating your game, export the template before starting your game.

That way, if you suddenly realized you screwed something up, you can easily start over again without having to re-type everything!
Yeah, I will be definitely doing that.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #48
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer
 
Honorable_Pawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 6,407
Thanks: 4,129
Thanked 3,901x in 2,140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Man, it's so fun creating this, isn't it?


I wish I did a map with mine. That was the one thing I didn't do, I just created cities and nations.
Never too late. Post it up. It'll just increase your immersion anyway.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #49
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I'm going with a 4 man rotation, 5 man bullpen, 13 offensive players for a roster size of 22.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #50
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I am going to have a 144-game schedule for my major league level.

What should I have the minor leagues set at?

AAA:
AA:
A:
S-A:
Rookie:
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #51
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I am going to have a 144-game schedule for my major league level.

What should I have the minor leagues set at?

AAA:
AA:
A:
S-A:
Rookie:
How many games, do you mean?

In my league, I made all of my minors full-length schedules because the short season and rookie leagues annoyed me.

So, although it's not terribly realistic, I have my HS/College feeder leagues playing in Jan/Feb leading up to a March draft just before the regular season starts. That way, all of the rookies are set before the league starts and you don't have so much moving around of players like you do with an amateur draft in the middle of the season.

My ML plays 162.
AAA 144
AA 136
A 144
S A 136
R 136

The difference between 144 and 136 for me really has to do with which ones I could find good schedules for, because my AAA and A have slightly different league structures than my AA, S A, and R leagues. If I had good schedule files for each, I probably would have made them all 136 or something.
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #52
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
How many games, do you mean?

In my league, I made all of my minors full-length schedules because the short season and rookie leagues annoyed me.

So, although it's not terribly realistic, I have my HS/College feeder leagues playing in Jan/Feb leading up to a March draft just before the regular season starts. That way, all of the rookies are set before the league starts and you don't have so much moving around of players like you do with an amateur draft in the middle of the season.

My ML plays 162.
AAA 144
AA 136
A 144
S A 136
R 136

The difference between 144 and 136 for me really has to do with which ones I could find good schedules for, because my AAA and A have slightly different league structures than my AA, S A, and R leagues. If I had good schedule files for each, I probably would have made them all 136 or something.
So I should keep my ML at 162 games? If I want to do 144 , how long should the other leagues be?
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #53
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
So I should keep my ML at 162 games? If I want to do 144 , how long should the other leagues be?
There's no reason you can't have them all the same. It's up to you.

The main thing is, if you want to have "September callups," you may want to coordinate your minor league schedules so that their seasons end before the callups occur, so you're not yanking the best minor league players at a critical juncture in their minor league season.
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #54
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I may just keep it at default just to make it easy. LOL.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #55
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
Working on getting the league total modifiers to my liking. So far, no luck.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #56
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I think I got settings that I like. I think I will start in 1980 and sim through the 2013 season and then take over a team.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #57
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Are you going to use feeder leagues?
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #58
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Are you going to use feeder leagues?
I'm on the fence about that.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #59
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer
 
Klew1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 94
Thanked 269x in 207 posts
I've got all my logos/uniforms/caps set for the Major League teams. I am still waiting to see if someone could create a league logo.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #60
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I've got all my logos/uniforms/caps set for the Major League teams. I am still waiting to see if someone could create a league logo.
Did you post a thread for it in the logos forum?
__________________
Come check out my dynasty report, Funky Times!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments