Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old Today, 02:59 PM   #21
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Thanked 587x in 327 posts
November 20th, 2020

As free agents file across baseball, the Sharks are still in a holding pattern as baseball's worse team over the last two seasons stares a third sub 50 win season in the face. At 48-114, the Sharks "improved" 8 games from their first season, for whatever that's worth. With the organizations first few prospects trickling up to AA Clarkesville for 2021, the light is squarely on the horizon, but it remains to be seen how GM Tejesh Patel will navigate the waters now. He offered precious few clues at the clubs end of the season presser.

"Ultimately, it's up to the players as to when they're ready. When the production reaches a level where they're knocking the door down, they'll be up, not a second before that. If it's not obvious yet, let me make it so - we are not in the business of appeasing anybody, including Brad [Elorriaga, Sharks principal owner]. Obviously Brad is not thrilled with 88 wins across two seasons, who would be? I'm not. But he understands, as I do, that to want more... to expect more, is to sabotage the future. That picking anywhere but first would be a tremendous disservice to our fans. That not cashing in on a Ronald Guzman [who only hit .304/.368/.512/.880 with 30 2b and 30 HR this season], while it would provide somebody to come see for fans, would also deprive us, in large part, of the talent we need to really put a great team out there on the field for those fans, just... not now. The Sharks got three quality prospects for Guzman, in large part. And while the two pitchers struggled [Wesley Scott earned a demotion after posting a 5.43 era in Scottsdale, as did Blake Adams by posting a 5.19 era in Scottsdale, and actually pitching worse in Dumas (5.35 era)], the third prospect we traded for there, Aaron Bracho, had a solid season as a 19 year old [.274/.333/.445/.779 in Scottsdale]. We are still in talent collection mode. We do not expect 2021 to be much better, to be perfectly frank. Or, to be quite honest, 2022. But it doesn't take a genius to see what we've got in the system, and what we're looking at with another first pick, and potentially two more in 2022 and 2023. We continue to ask for patience. Thank you."

The Sharks, in that vein, signed five more prospects from domestic/foreign leagues in October. The only one of any real note is a closer, Mikey York.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote