Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 345x in 256 posts
Do you trust anyone in the NFC?

Besides the Rams?

Everybody on that half of the league looks like a bunch of maybes.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Thanked 124x in 102 posts
Rams in the NFC. Pats/Chiefs/Steelers AFC. nothing else to see.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
psd
Major Leagues

Thanked 177x in 89 posts
I would have the Ravens ahead of the Steelers. The Steelers have allowed twice as many points as the Ravens. I mean I'm not saying the Steelers won't be there in the end, but if I had to choose right now, my vote goes to the Ravens. Plus the Ravens already beat the Steelers. In the Steelers own building.

As far as the NFC, Rams and nobody else. At least right now.

Don Henley

Last edited by psd; 10-16-2018 at 08:53 AM.
psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,362x in 2,022 posts
Too early to hand the Conference to anyone yet. The Saints are for real and no way I'm counting out the Vikings or Eagles this early.

As the old saying goes - it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it that matters.

Edit - the next 3 weeks will tell if the Saints are for real or not

@ Baltimore
@ Minnesota
vs Rams

Last edited by Bluenoser; 10-16-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 345x in 256 posts
12 of the NFC's 16 teams have 2 or 3 wins.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd View Post
I would have the Ravens ahead of the Steelers. The Steelers have allowed twice as many points as the Ravens. I mean I'm not saying the Steelers won't be there in the end, but if I had to choose right now, my vote goes to the Ravens. Plus the Ravens already beat the Steelers. In the Steelers own building.

As far as the NFC, Rams and nobody else. At least right now.
If you think that, and I'm not saying you're wrong, then just cross off the Steelers and leave it at Pats/Chiefs.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
psd
Major Leagues

Thanked 177x in 89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
If you think that, and I'm not saying you're wrong, then just cross off the Steelers and leave it at Pats/Chiefs.
Why? I would have it Pats-Chiefs-Ravens. Why leave them off? I don't follow?

And I am in no way a fan of that Baltimore team. I despise them. But their defense looks very formidable. At least so far.

Don Henley
Old 10-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Quote:
Why? I would have it Pats-Chiefs-Ravens. Why leave them off? I don't follow?

And I am in no way a fan of that Baltimore team. I despise them. But their defense looks very formidable. At least so far.
I'll tell you the reason. The Ravens may have a good defense but not a dominating defense. Only a dominating defense will swamp really good offenses like the 2013 Broncos and a 100 other supposedly great offenses that got their lunch money taken from them. The Ravens do not have that defense. In the AFC the offense will dictate who goes to the super bowl because there is no really good defense. The NFC may be the opposite. But that remains to be seen.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #9
psd
Major Leagues

Thanked 177x in 89 posts
Quote:
I'll tell you the reason. The Ravens may have a good defense but not a dominating defense. Only a dominating defense will swamp really good offenses like the 2013 Broncos and a 100 other supposedly great offenses that got their lunch money taken from them. The Ravens do not have that defense. In the AFC the offense will dictate who goes to the super bowl because there is no really good defense. The NFC may be the opposite. But that remains to be seen.
Which is why I ranked them third, not first. They wont beat NE or KC offense. but they will stop most other offenses that the AFC throws at them. They have so far anyways, including Pittsburgh. Of course a lot can change and probably will. But considering they already beat Pitt handily in their own building, you have to give them their due at least right now.

Don Henley
Old 10-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #10
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Quote:
Which is why I ranked them third, not first. They wont beat NE or KC offense. but they will stop most other offenses that the AFC throws at them. They have so far anyways, including Pittsburgh. Of course a lot can change and probably will. But considering they already beat Pitt handily in their own building, you have to give them their due at least right now.
That doesn't mean much to me. The Bills stomped the Vikings in their own building too. Pitt, like the Patriots, can sometimes take several weeks to warm up. If you're right about the Ravens then yes, they'd be a 3rd pick. I wasn't trying to make a 3rd pick. I was considering Pitt an equal. But that is provided they do warm up as the season moves along, which I expect they will. They're the only other team with an offense capable of keeping up with the other two.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #11
psd
Major Leagues

Thanked 177x in 89 posts
You are probably right. But all the info I have right now is what I go on, not what might be.

Don Henley
Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Quote:
You are probably right. But all the info I have right now is what I go on, not what might be.
Hey, cool. I'm not trying to tell you anything, just my opinion. But my opinion tells me offense goes to the super bowl in the AFC. Defense goes in the NFC. If the D is good enough, NFC wins the SB.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #13
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 559x in 342 posts
Pittsburgh was set to regress heavily this season with the loss of Ryan Shazier, their defense became a sieve once he got hurt last season and this year they look terrible on that side of the ball. They have a strong offense but they aren't a player in the AFC as Ben has been inconsistent this season.

And I don't understand you being against the Ravens either. Solid O-line, passing game isn't great but is well constructed with 500 tight ends, a deep threat (John Brown), a possession guy (Willie Snead), and an overpaid vet (Michael Crabtree). And then defensively, they're the only team allowing under 300 yards a game and have allowed 19 less points than any other team. In their lone bad performance, allowing 34 to Cincinnati, they lost their best defensive player in CJ Mosley on the opening defensive drive. They were also without their best corner in Jimmy Smith for the first four games due to suspension. I hate the Ravens, but their defense is legit and their offense is good enough to push them to the division win considering that defense.

As far as the NFC goes, no I don't trust any team aside from the Rams. The Vikings' O-line is poor, the ground game hadn't scored until this past Sunday, and the defense hasn't played up to its ability although they have the talent to bounce back. The Eagles need their O-line to play back up to last season's level for them to find their consistency again. I do think Wentz will catch fire in the second half of the season as he gets more comfortable but the Eagles' secondary needs to play better with more teams mitigating their formidable pass rush by throwing quick passes, which will be tough considering all their injuries out there. All in all I think come playoff time the Eagles will be easier to trust than the Vikings as it all comes back to the QBs and Cousins is known to make mistakes in crunch time.
spotted an 11-run lead, then going into the 9th up by 8 and not a single out recorded (using three relief pitchers all warmed up), nine runs score... game over? nope, thank the demo for saving me $20 on the after the season special or/and another $35-40 on 14. I will NOT be purchasing this piece of crap!
You see, this guy here, he is that guy. Don't be that guy.

Join the VHL today!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #14
Ragnar
All Star Starter

Quote:
Rams in the NFC. Pats/Chiefs/Steelers AFC. nothing else to see.
I'll have to make a slight alteration.

NFC - Saints/Rams

AFC - Pats/Chiefs/Steelers